Óvalo Juárez

Go down

Óvalo Juárez

Post by Cynon on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 pm

So several years ago, while looking for tracks to use in Formula 5, I stumbled across this track called Banquet Beta2. It looked mostly finished and mostly functional, but the AI were awkward, and the pit lane was a bit questionable. The layout is similar to Phoenix, but if the dogleg was indistinguishable from turn 3. It was pretty solid in its own right, but not completed.

Banquet Beta2 was done by prdesigns.

There's also a lack of fictional Mexican tracks for NR2003, so I relocated the track to Juárez, Mexico (which in the process, I learned shares a metro area with El Paso, Texas... yay). I took it on myself to make the textures a bit better on Banquet Beta2 and improve the AI, and I think I succeeded. The track had also been in beta2 status for 12 years... I kept a lot of the existing trackside objects, but not all of them, and added a few billboards. I also spent quite a bit of time on the AI, making them really racy and super aggressive. I maintain that about 66% of the work was already done.

This track uses a flag object made by Project Short Track and some models and textures from Deus Ex.

Preview:

Download:
Mediafire

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Óvalo Juárez

Post by ongias25 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Great job Ian. Really like these tracks that You do! Thanks for sharing!

ongias25
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum