Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 Austrailian GP

Go down

2018 Austrailian GP Empty 2018 Austrailian GP

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm

...ughh...I don't even know where to begin. Formula 1 makes its...return...to the scene to begin its 2018 campaign. I'll be honest with all of you, I'm going to need a lot to get through this season. Before the lights go out to get this season started, let's get to some items that happened over the offseason.

Halo ODST

Ok, I don't know why I am going through with this now. Anyways, the halo has been mandated for all F1 cars for the 2018 season. This object was tested a couple of times during 2017 alongside an aeroscreen and it was decided to go with the halo instead of an aeroscreen. It is one of the most controversial introductions that F1 has seen in recent years and has turned off several of us but, since I will hopefully be paid for this, I am going to try and make this season as entertaining and worthwhile for what is left of my sanity.

Where's Waldo?

Another big change F1 has seen is that the races will be broadcasted on ESPN instead of NBC/NBCSN. I am not certain as to how these races will be done compared to how NBC did. For those of you know, NBC used Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs, and Steve Matchett commentated on the races from the NBC Sports studio or possibly at the race track itself with Will Buxton serving as a pit reporter. If anyone is certain, please feel free to say how the races will be broadcasted.

Go Fish?

The only real major switch is the engine supplier trade that happened between Toro Rosso and McLaren. For 3 seasons, McLaren dealt with the world-class Honda engine but decided that they were too happy beating everyone that they decided to trade engine suppliers with the Renault powered Toro Rosso. It seems as though the Red Bull program will have both teams with Honda engines by 2019 due to the tensions between Renault and Red Bull over reliability.

New Kid on the Block

With the second retirement of Felipe Massa, Williams went looking for a replacement. At first, many people thought that the driver would be Robert Kubica, who hadn't raced in F1 since early in the decade. However, Williams decided to go for youth and chose Russia's Sergey Sirotkin to fill the seat. Sergey has made several practice runs and has run a couple of races in his F1 career and he has been given a full-time opportunity alongside Canadian Lance Stroll at a youth driven Williams. I wish Sergey the best of luck in his rookie campaign.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down