Reutimann Out at MWR? Martin to MWR Part Time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reutimann Out at MWR? Martin to MWR Part Time?

Post by AntmanB on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Martin to MWR? Reutimann out? The puzzle pieces for the 2012 season continue to fall into place with the latest speculation putting Mark Martin in the Michael Waltrip Racing stable for a partial schedule next year. #56-Martin Truex Jr. will return to drive MWR's NAPA Toyota with newcomer Clint Bowyer coming on board in a partner Toyota entry carrying 5-Hour Energy sponsorship for the bulk of the campaign. Sponsorship for the #00 entry driven by David Reutimann will not be in place for the entire 2012 schedule opening the door for Martin to take over and compete on a partial basis. Michael Waltrip Racing has an announcement planned Friday at Texas Motor Speedway where it is expected the team's firm 2012 plans will be unveiled.(CBS Sports)(11-1-2011)
AntmanB
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reutimann Out at MWR? Martin to MWR Part Time?

Post by day500champ1 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:10 pm

No Mikey, don't drag Mark down too. Sad
day500champ1
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:33 pm

NO MARK DON'T DO IT!!!!
racingfreak1999
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Two words...

Ginn Racing.
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:27 pm

ALL OF MY RAGE...
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Why does this even matter? Mark is running like crap anyway. He's 20th in points in a HENDRICK car. RETIRE ALREADY.
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:44 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Why does this even matter? Mark is running like crap anyway. He's 20th in points in a HENDRICK car. RETIRE ALREADY.

I blame it on Lance McGrew. As much as I hate to say it, look how much Jr. Improved this year.
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

It's been confirmed that Mark Martin is going to MWR.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-mark-martin-to-drive-for-mwr-in-2012

Multiple sources have confirmed to SPEED.com that Mark Martin will drive a partial schedule for Michael Waltrip Racing next year, replacing David Reutimann in the team’s No. 00 Toyota.

SPEED will have more on this story at 6 p.m. on NASCAR Race Hub.

A MWR team spokesman declined comment, but Martin will join the team next year after three seasons with Hendrick Motorsports, including a 2009 campaign when he finished second in the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship standings to teammate Jimmie Johnson.

MWR will announce Martin as the new team member during a press conference Friday at Texas Motor Speedway.

Martin had been adamant about running only a part-time schedule next year and it appears that MWR will run less than a full campaign with the No. 00. Team co-owner Michael Waltrip likely will race the No. 00 at Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway.

The 52-year-old Martin, the oldest full-time driver on the Sprint Cup circuit, made his first start more than 30 years ago at North Wilkesboro Speedway in North Carolina.

In 827 career Cup starts, he has 51 poles, 40 victories, 266 top-five and 438 top-10 finishes. He has finished second in the points standings five times. Although he nearly won the championship in 2009, Martin has failed to make the Chase in the last two seasons. He is 20th in points right now after finishing 13th in 2010.

Martin has driven for 12 different owners in the Cup series, with his longest tenure being with what is now known as Roush Fenway Racing, where he drove from 1988-2006. He was expected to retire after 2005, but Jack Roush talked him into staying an extra year to replace Kurt Busch. Martin then spent two seasons driving part-time for Ginn Racing and Dale Earnhardt Inc. before joining Hendrick Motorsports in 2009.
BBoy
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:04 pm

f1fan12 wrote:

I blame it on Lance McGrew. As much as I hate to say it, look how much Jr. Improved this year.

Exactly. Jr Was running no where near this good the past few years with Mcgrew. It blows my mind as to why this guy even still has a job. Guy looks like a troll.

As for this situation with Mark Martin, I once again see the Waltrip bandwagon at work again. Everyone acts like its the worst team even while Truex (And David a couple of times) has more then once shown they are capable. There could be a good chance that Mark might end up turning the team into a more consistant threat. Hell, he managed to win Las vegas in an at best (Without Vickers and Kahne) midfield car in Nationwide.
RACECAR
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:32 pm

just get out and go run trucks mark jesus
Dan Mackay
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:39 pm

RACECAR wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

Exactly. Jr Was running no where near this good the past few years with Mcgrew. It blows my mind as to why this guy even still has a job. Guy looks like a troll.

As for this situation with Mark Martin, I once again see the Waltrip bandwagon at work again. Everyone acts like its the worst team even while Truex (And David a couple of times) has more then once shown they are capable. There could be a good chance that Mark might end up turning the team into a more consistant threat. Hell, he managed to win Las vegas in an at best (Without Vickers and Kahne) midfield car in Nationwide.

After Brad cut a tire down while leading on the last lap. Not to mention, that was a fuel miledge win.
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Ehhhh, Mark isn't competitive now, but whatever...
Chives2112
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Maybe Mikey's going to split a ride with Mark. Razz

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
RACECAR wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

After Brad cut a tire down while leading on the last lap. Not to mention, that was a fuel miledge win.

Fuel mileage is a part of the game. Jr.'s last win, fuel mileage win. Brad's win at Kansas this year; fuel mileage win. Tony Stewart won the first two chase races; on fuel mileage. It doesn't matter how you get the win, you won.

That being said, Mark may be in a Hendrick car, but he's not getting the best equipment and anybody with eyes can see that. Mark has been the fourth in line since the crew chief swap. While MWR wouldn't have been the first one I'd think he would go to, we really can't say anything until he runs a race in MWR equipment. Remember '07 and Guinn racing? First race out he comes within half a car of winning the Daytona 500.
day500champ1

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Ew, Toyota. Razz
Chives2112
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
RACECAR wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

Fuel mileage is a part of the game. Jr.'s last win, fuel mileage win. Brad's win at Kansas this year; fuel mileage win. Tony Stewart won the first two chase races; on fuel mileage. It doesn't matter how you get the win, you won.

That being said, Mark may be in a Hendrick car, but he's not getting the best equipment and anybody with eyes can see that. Mark has been the fourth in line since the crew chief swap. While MWR wouldn't have been the first one I'd think he would go to, we really can't say anything until he runs a race in MWR equipment. Remember '07 and Guinn racing? First race out he comes within half a car of winning the Daytona 500.
this.
navycook75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 pm

The ride quality is about the same, because when Hendrick doesn't care about a car, he REALLY doesn't care about a car.
Blake Camphausen
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:The ride quality is about the same, because when Hendrick doesn't care about a car, he REALLY doesn't care about a car.

Dale Jr. had the bad equipment in 2009 and 2010. Do you think Rick didn't care about the cash cow of NASCAR?
pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:57 pm

antknee wrote:Maybe Mikey's going to split a ride with Mark. Razz
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:The ride quality is about the same, because when Hendrick doesn't care about a car, he REALLY doesn't care about a car.

Dale Jr. had the bad equipment in 2009 and 2010. Do you think Rick didn't care about the cash cow of NASCAR?

Lol, granted Hendrick's 4th line car is still better than anything MWR can muster up.

Martin's career should have been over years ago. He's just making a fool out of himself by staying and now we're going to have to deal with him for another 5 years.
F1V1
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:38 pm

F1V1 wrote:Martin's career should have been over years ago. He's just making a fool out of himself by staying and now we're going to have to deal with him for another 5 years.

The 2009 points standings would like a word with you. He didn't do too shabby in 2010 either. You're selling the man far too short. He's far from a has-been, he's still racing competitively out there. Or, he is for now. Can't say for sure after this move takes place.

pennst24 wrote:Dale Jr. had the bad equipment in 2009 and 2010. Do you think Rick didn't care about the cash cow of NASCAR?

In 2009 and 2010, Rick had his own personal cash cow. Five time champ anyone? EVERYONE on the team but Jimmie struggled while he was on his roll (comparatively speaking). Hendrick's #1 concern through that time period was shoveling coal into that championship furnace.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 am

Some of you guys are talking about him like Mark is a burden to have around.... I'd beg to differ. Mark is one of the cleanest competitors on the racetrack week in and week out. While he might not be in his prime anymore, he is still competitive enough to pull through with a few more race wins - while not necessarily a team I prefer - MWR gives Mark the opportunity to do that, because, simply put, I don't think Mark Martin's performances at Hendrick have been anywhere near where they were before he and Alan Gustafson were separated (WTH?) and since they announced that Kasey Kahne would be joining the team.

Woody
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:49 am

I guess the economy is really taking its toll. RCR is cutting a team, Roush is cutting a team(as much as I want David Ragan out of the Cup series), Red Bull is leaving(because I guess they don't want to be part of a series if they're not dominating), now this. Even though MWR's equipment in 2nd rate, Reutimann still won two races(one of them was a rainout) and Truex has been somewhat competitive. As much as I don't want Mark to go here, we won't know until he races for them. And the two things I hate about all these team cutting back is all the people now out of work, and more start n' park teams.
racingfreak1999
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Why all the resentment towards mark all of a sudden? where was this two years ago when he was doing great? sure, he's probably past his prime, but he's not running 31st every week like darrell waltrip did for six years. besides, mark's main asset now, which i see MWR utilizing to it's fullest extent, is all the experience and know-how he has. he's probably the best teacher in the garage and with him on the team i can bet you that sooner or later they will catch up a bit in both driver ability and quality of equipment

besides, without mark, the nascar that i grew up with is done and over with
Mystrsyko
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Too bad, I liked Reutimann. Hopefully he can find a ride elsewhere, and not in a start-and-park deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Is he going to bring Aaron's with him?
Chives2112
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:42 pm

I hope that Reutimann URNHARDTs into the wall for the last three races, tearing up as much equipment as possible.
pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top