Provo Motorsports Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Provo Motorsports Park

Post by Cynon on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 am

Provo Motorsports Park is a fictional 1.8 mile road course set around Provo, Utah. It supports a full field of 47 cars and includes standing starts for a full pace lap. The track has some very noticeable elevation changes, with turns 3 and 4 being reminiscent of the infamous Corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Turn 1 is nobody's friend since it's an uphill corner, but turn 2 is actually a solid passing zone, as is the turn 5-6-7 complex. If you're close enough to someone you can probably pass them in turn 9 but I wouldn't count on it. Those of you who have driven my tracks and constantly crap yourselves every time you exit the pit lane need not worry -- this may be one of the first times I've made a road course where the pit exit is actually very safe! Laughing

I drew the layout several months ago and made the AI functional, but neglected to decorate it (this is nothing new for me), thinking that what I wanted to do would take too long. I did about 85% of the decorating on this track in one day, thanks to re-using some of the objects on Inferno Pool. I wanted to add more detail in places, but I didn't want to go overboard and delay this track (and subsequently, others I want to do) any further. I would expect a 1.1 version of this track in the not too distant future, because the AI .lps are serviceable but not my finest, and I would also expect an OWR version of this track that is more than just ini changes (tire walls would absorb cars instead of making them bounce off, regular walls kill the car) in the future. Stay tuned...

This may be the first track that uses a 4096x4096 texture (it's for a hill trackside), but I would be surprised if that was the case. The main sponsor on the track, myLIFTER, is a real company based in Provo.

Some assets by Nobiax and Squaresoft (Final Fantasy 10).

Layout:

Screenshits:

Download:
Provo Motorsports Park

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top