Inferno Pool Circuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inferno Pool Circuit

Post by Cynon on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am

The Inferno Pool is a 1.6 mile road course set around a nice big lake of lava. It supports a full field of 47 cars and includes standing starts for a full pace lap. Many of the lights on the track are colored, either orange, yellow, or a pale blue. Some assets by Nobiax, Squaresoft (Final Fantasy 10) and Triumph Studios (Age of Wonders).

The track has 8 turns with a decent amount of elevation changes, including an off-camber right hander in turn 3. Although this track looks like it was made just as a novelty track, it actually is meant for serious racing, as the AI will put on a show, and the simplicity of the course makes it actually very easy to learn to drive.

Layout:

Screenshits:

Download it Here

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Inferno Pool Circuit

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 am

Holy crap, I downloaded this last night and it is god damn beautiful. The racing is great as well. Well done Cynon.
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Question do you know where the restart zone is at on that track and nice job on the design of the track
Hockeyusa81
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Hockeyusa81 wrote:Question do you know where the restart zone is at on that track and nice job on the design of the track

Usually, on my tracks, I use green cones to mark the restart boxes (on the original Char I used red painted stripes, but that track is bad). I clearly forgot to do this on this track because the league I run has a very loose rule for control cars on restarts (it was dictated by the leader), and I figured that the light crystals on the pit straight changing colors for restarts would be enough of an indicator.

On the pit straight, there are a lot of light crystals on pillars. The restart box starts about a meter after the third crystal on the left before the start-finish line (count backwards from the start/finish line) and ends 6 meters or so after the second pillar before the start-finish line on the left.

If you would like a more clear indicator of the restart box's location to make it more obvious, I'll put the green cones on the track and line them up with two of the light crystals.

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top