NASCAR at Talladegu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by RyanB06 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:53 pm

CWS: http://www.jayski.com/news/campingworld/2016/story/_/page/2016cts19dega-entry
Cup: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2016/story/_/page/32-Talladega-2016-Entry-List

Keep some daylight between those bumpers! Final superspeedway race of the season, and cutoff day for both the Cup and Trucks Chases.

Notes:
* Six Truck drivers will go home as there are 38 entries.
* 42 entries in Cup, so two will go home.
* Bobby Gerhart makes a return to the Trucks in the Mittler Bros. 36.
* Ryan Reed looks to make his Cup debut in a fourth Roush car, the 99.
* David Gillilland returns in the 35 for FRM.


Last edited by RyanB06 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops.)
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Rovenami on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Reed's Cup entry is actually the fourth Roush car.
avatar
Rovenami
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 476
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by RyanB06 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Fixed it, thanks. Fixed!
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 pm

RyanB06 wrote:* Ryan Reed is in danger of making his Cup debut in a fourth Roush car, the 99.

Fixed it again for you, Ryan. Fixed!
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by RyanB06 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 pm

I don't do memes. Laughing
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 pm

RyanB06 wrote:I don't do memes. Laughing

But isn't the spelling of Talladega in the title of this thread a Lewis joke? Laughing
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by zfitzwater599 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Car 30 withdraws from Dega
avatar
zfitzwater599
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-10-07
Age : 25
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by PRAWBLEMS on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:50 pm

zfitzwater599 wrote:Car 30 withdraws from Dega
They need to save their money for when Grey Gaulding destroys equipment for three weeks.
avatar
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 513
Join date : 2012-02-24
Age : 17
Location : The 'Bury, Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by RyanB06 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 pm

The 30 that withdrew is the truck, not the car.
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by zfitzwater599 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:00 pm

RyanB06 wrote:The 30 that withdrew is the truck, not the car.
The 30 in Cup withdrew as well to save equipment for Gaulding's Debut in Martinsville
avatar
zfitzwater599
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-10-07
Age : 25
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 pm

How the hell did Reed Sorenson qualify 12th? Neutral
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 633
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Memoriesallbutdone wrote:How the hell did Reed Sorenson qualify 12th? Neutral

Talladega.
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 15
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Rovenami on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:07 pm

Memoriesallbutdone wrote:How the hell did Reed Sorenson qualify 12th? Neutral
I guess they were using the equipment from the spring race. I don't know.
avatar
Rovenami
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 476
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by AntmanB on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:37 pm

He won round 1. Shocked

Thank god the Truck race didn't have a BS finish.
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Reed Sorenson's car had a setup specifically trimmed for qualifying, meaning it'll probably blow up within 10-20 laps in the race. Except that car to go behind the wall early on.
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by zfitzwater599 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Ryan Reed made the race. Enfinger Wins Dega in his home race in Trucks
avatar
zfitzwater599
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-10-07
Age : 25
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:55 pm

PIT ROAD DRAMA EVERYWHERE!

NINJAEDIT: and Truex is done.


Last edited by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 15
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:56 pm

LOL.

Jack of the year! - Logano's Jack

Denny Hamlin dun f***ed up again.
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 633
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm

And there goes Truex's championship!
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 633
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:38 pm

MORE CHASE IMPLICATIONS SON!
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 15
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Thought that #2 car had this one in the bag... wow.

Just goes to show anything can happen!

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4509
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Welp, Everyone dies time.
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 15
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by RyanB06 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Not really.

GW Logano (unpopular opinion, but local boy, so stuff it)...

but give a call to BRIAN FREAKING SCOTT! P2!
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Good, calm Talladega race! Nice change of pace from the chaos we've come to expect!

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4509
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Rovenami on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:40 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Not really.

GW Logano (unpopular opinion, but local boy, so stuff it)...

but give a call to BRIAN FREAKING SCOTT! P2!
RPM in general REALLY needed a good run all year.
avatar
Rovenami
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 476
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:24 pm

You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

Fantastic race. Who needs a big wreck anyway? I just wanted to see what would've happened if Brian Scott had won that race. Razz
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Does anyone know when Petty Enterprises had 2 cars inside the Top 10 before today?

Also, props to Brian Scott for finishing P2

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by navycook75 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Race was fun, winner was bleh.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:00 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:Does anyone know when Petty Enterprises had 2 cars inside the Top 10 before today?

2014 Coke Zero 400. Almirola won, Marcos Ambrose finished 10th.
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Alta on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Middle of the road race, props to not stupid stuff this weekend other than Kevin Harvick throwing his usual hissy fit.

Brian Scott making something out of a trash year is commendable.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3978
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Plate Racing: So easy Brian Scott can do it Razz

But seriously even though I despise him, glad to see him get a good run.

Also,

kensethfan wrote:You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

I'm Pretty sure plate racing in the early 2000s had more passes for the lead than this race. Plate racing in the G6 has been bland at best. Even the Daytona 500 this year, with its amazing finish was bland for the first 499.5 miles. If Kenseth didn't massively cock up that block we'd be complaining about that race too.  

The COT/ G6 has been awful for plate racing IMO.

Also Karma bit Austin for that stunt he pulled at the Charlotte Xfinity race.

RyanB06 wrote:GW Logano (unpopular opinion, but local boy, so stuff it)...

If it makes you feel better this is the only reason I root for Denny. (He's from my hometown)
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

I'm Pretty sure plate racing in the early 2000s had more passes for the lead than this race. Plate racing in the G6 has been bland at best. Even the Daytona 500 this year, with its amazing finish was bland for the first 499.5 miles. If Kenseth didn't massively cock up that block we'd be complaining about that race too.  

I did the math: Plate racing for the years 2000-2004 had on average 28.55 lead changes. This race had 31. So it's on par for that era of racing.
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:19 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

I'm Pretty sure plate racing in the early 2000s had more passes for the lead than this race. Plate racing in the G6 has been bland at best. Even the Daytona 500 this year, with its amazing finish was bland for the first 499.5 miles. If Kenseth didn't massively cock up that block we'd be complaining about that race too.  

I did the math: Plate racing for the years 2000-2004 had on average 28.55 lead changes. This race had 31. So it's on par for that era of racing.

This race also had a lot of green flag pit stops which I think skewed the stats a bit.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

I'm Pretty sure plate racing in the early 2000s had more passes for the lead than this race. Plate racing in the G6 has been bland at best. Even the Daytona 500 this year, with its amazing finish was bland for the first 499.5 miles. If Kenseth didn't massively cock up that block we'd be complaining about that race too.  

I did the math: Plate racing for the years 2000-2004 had on average 28.55 lead changes. This race had 31. So it's on par for that era of racing.

This race also had a lot of green flag pit stops which I think skewed the stats a bit.

Not really. Races in the early 2000's had green flag pit stops too. It wouldn't make a difference.
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Dexter249 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:57 am

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:MORE CHASE IMPLICATIONS SON!
CHAMPIONSHIP IMPLICATIONS.
avatar
Dexter249
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 233
Join date : 2015-04-13
Age : 14
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by Mother of Invention on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 am

kensethfan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

I'm Pretty sure plate racing in the early 2000s had more passes for the lead than this race. Plate racing in the G6 has been bland at best. Even the Daytona 500 this year, with its amazing finish was bland for the first 499.5 miles. If Kenseth didn't massively cock up that block we'd be complaining about that race too.  

I did the math: Plate racing for the years 2000-2004 had on average 28.55 lead changes. This race had 31. So it's on par for that era of racing.

This race also had a lot of green flag pit stops which I think skewed the stats a bit.

Not really. Races in the early 2000's had green flag pit stops too. It wouldn't make a difference.

Yeah but I counted over half the lead changes being the results of green flag or yellow flag pit stops.

Also the there were probably more lead changes because drives didn't block like idiots and switch between three lanes of traffic faster than a Chicago native on I-94.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Fuck. This. Championship. System. Forever.
avatar
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 721
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 25
Location : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR at Talladegu

Post by kensethfan on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
kensethfan wrote:You know, I love how people glamorize the early-2000's style of superspeedway racing but complain about the way it is today, when the Talladega race we just witnessed was pretty reminiscent of that style of racing.

I'm Pretty sure plate racing in the early 2000s had more passes for the lead than this race. Plate racing in the G6 has been bland at best. Even the Daytona 500 this year, with its amazing finish was bland for the first 499.5 miles. If Kenseth didn't massively cock up that block we'd be complaining about that race too.  

I did the math: Plate racing for the years 2000-2004 had on average 28.55 lead changes. This race had 31. So it's on par for that era of racing.

This race also had a lot of green flag pit stops which I think skewed the stats a bit.

Not really. Races in the early 2000's had green flag pit stops too. It wouldn't make a difference.

Yeah but I counted over half the lead changes being the results of green flag or yellow flag pit stops.

Also the there were probably more lead changes because drives didn't block like idiots and switch between three lanes of traffic faster than a Chicago native on I-94.

Again, lead changes because of pit cycles are nothing new, therefore it wouldn't make a difference.
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum