Best/Funniest Stories You've Had Racing NR/iRacing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best/Funniest Stories You've Had Racing NR/iRacing?

Post by kensethfan on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Title. What are some of the best or funniest stories you've had from racing NR/iRacing?

I don't know if I have any stories that could fill a paragraph, except for maybe one: This story comes from back when I still raced Solstice online in NR. It was a Dash Series race at Homestead using the PWF GNS mod. Ryan Williams showed up to race that night (using his real name because he doesn't race NR anymore so I don't think he cares), he was one of the Solstice admins at that time who made setups for all the races and was usually class of the field. In this Homestead race, a caution comes out early on for a wreck, as Ryan's leading or close to it. While we're riding around under yellow, all of a sudden you heard Ryan scream over TS, "AAH! A BUG!" Teamspeak explodes laughing, while Ryan's scared shitless. Someone asks him what kind of bug it is, he just says, "A big bug." So we eventually go back to green, and as Ryan's trying to race he's trying to swat this bug at the same time. At this point I'm laughing so hard that I spin out on exit to Turn 4 and wreck the car (granted, me wrecking at this time was kinda typical, but I digress).

I didn't stick around that night to find out who won, and since the race results were on RPM I'm not able to find out. But if I had to wager a guess, I'd say that Ryan probably still won the race that evening. Laughing
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best/Funniest Stories You've Had Racing NR/iRacing?

Post by PRAWBLEMS on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Now if you had said horror stories, I'd have a few. But my best story comes from a NR league a couple years ago, when one driver, off-pace from an earlier accident, merely meant to block but instead dumped the points leader in the season finale, taking him out of contention (Did I mention it was an admin? And no, it was not me. I promise.).
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverNeutral on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Dan Mackay in general
NeverNeutral
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:11 am

Several years ago was racing one of my first ever "fun races" with some guys from another message board. We chose to do a two lap race at Watkins Glen. I started sixth and was very nervous i'd screw up turn one pretty badly, so I thought "Oh I'll pull over before turn one and let every one pile in and I'd avoid it all. Well they didn't even make it to turn one when this happened.

Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:24 pm

My first iRacing experience:

Also:

Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:44 pm

The one that I remember the most is a Tour de Goma race at Riki Raceway where Rence Brown was bumping me and out of nowhere he says "GO ON MY SON, BURGER KING"
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Hands down, Me accidentally mistaking Contey for Batista when F5 was testing the then-new exe.
Rovenami
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:49 am

Apparently some NASCAR Peak Anti-Freeze drivers pass out hero cards to racing teams at ARCA events. Something about that just makes me giggle.
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top