Seamless Base Wrapping?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seamless Base Wrapping?

Post by kensethfan on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Let me explain exactly what I mean by this so as not to confuse anyone: Suppose you have a detailed pattern or design for a base scheme that wraps across the front of the car and the hood, but, because of the model of the car you're working on, it leaves a seam. This can be really pesky to deal with; even if you're working with the wire frame layer on in a scenario like this, it only helps so much. I guess what I'm asking is how to manually do what the program NRStretch would automatically do for you, because to my knowledge that program only supports the default Cup mod and some of the PWF mods. I have to believe that there's a better technique to doing this than simple trial and error.
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seamless Base Wrapping?

Post by kensethfan on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Bump.
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:52 pm

The only thing I know of is that if you have Photoshop CS6, there's a 3D extension that will allow you to do what you're describing. Cynon can explain it better than I can, but that's the Cliffs Notes version.
RyanB06
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:04 pm

RyanB06 wrote:The only thing I know of is that if you have Photoshop CS6, there's a 3D extension that will allow you to do what you're describing. Cynon can explain it better than I can, but that's the Cliffs Notes version.

That sounds like it might work. I have CS5, so maybe there's a similar feature on that program. Do you have any more specifics about that extension?
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:23 pm

kensethfan wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:The only thing I know of is that if you have Photoshop CS6, there's a 3D extension that will allow you to do what you're describing. Cynon can explain it better than I can, but that's the Cliffs Notes version.

That sounds like it might work. I have CS5, so maybe there's a similar feature on that program. Do you have any more specifics about that extension?

It's a built-in extension (CS5 might have it) that lets you make and use 3D Layers. Make a 3d layer off of a .3ds file and merge whatever textures you want to wrap onto it.

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Cynon wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

It's a built-in extension (CS5 might have it) that lets you make and use 3D Layers. Make a 3d layer off of a .3ds file and merge whatever textures you want to wrap onto it.

What's the extension called? Just so I know what I'm looking for.
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:25 pm

kensethfan wrote:
Cynon wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

What's the extension called? Just so I know what I'm looking for.

It's built-in, it means you'd need to install a new version of Photoshop that includes the 3D extension. You need to have the Extended version of Photoshop to make use of the 3D functions if I recall correctly.
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Cynon wrote:
kensethfan wrote:

Disregard my previous post asking what it was called. I was thinking like it was a plug-in you could find from the drop-down menus. Oops. Embarassed

I downloaded a trial of CS6, and I'm doing what you're saying, Cooper. I have the .3ds model I want to use and I have the texture I want to wrap onto the car, but when I merge it, this happens:

I'm positive I'm doing something wrong.

(By the way, if that design looks ugly now, I do have something planned for it, as soon as I figure this out.)
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Merge it down when looking at it from the camera angle you want. There's almost definitely an easier way of doing it that's more like NRStretch, but I don't often make bases like that anyways.

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top