Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 North American Auto Club (SILLY SEASON!)

+20
Memoriesallbutdone
RedViperGaming
UndyingLight
V8fan12
JINXaPHRENIC
Rovenami
Dexter249
alovose
day500champ1
PRAWBLEMS
Rykia
gone-sovereign
Mother of Invention
The_Wall_91
NASCARLOVER427
RyanB06
RaceCamera
Lucstar88
Ben Atkins
bsoyuz
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2017 North American Auto Club (SILLY SEASON!) - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 North American Auto Club (SILLY SEASON!)

Post by RaceCamera Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Mason Yokoyama's second car to run rest of the season

Mason Yokoyama announced after South Boston that the 76 team will run the rest of the season with different drivers. Yokoyama will drive in the final two races of the season, and Watkins Glen. He'll also will announce the drivers after the Glen race.
RaceCamera
RaceCamera
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

2017 North American Auto Club (SILLY SEASON!) - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 North American Auto Club (SILLY SEASON!)

Post by bsoyuz Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:20 pm

bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 pm

After a issue with my computer that killed Windows, I'll have to put NAAC in a bit of a hiatus, by hiatus I mean, I'll just need to see if I lost anything regarding race results, if I did not, there is no issue. However, if it happens to me that I lost some race results for good, I'll have to work around it.

Expect NAAC getting back to normal in a couple of weeks as I get my stuff fixed.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm

bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 am

I have run all of the races of the 2017 season bar the TryHard 500, which I'll do after I tabulate all strikes and penalties (there have been no injuries or strikes) so do not worry about substitute drivers.

You guys can start silly seasoning.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:42 pm

bsoyuz wrote:I have run all of the races of the 2017 season bar the TryHard 500

Does that include races in the National Series?
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:36 pm

kensethfan wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:I have run all of the races of the 2017 season bar the TryHard 500

Does that include races in the National Series?

Yes.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 am

Genesis Racing to attempt full-time NAAC Championship Series Schedule in 2018
After the Tryhard 500, FARC/BAAR team Genesis Racing announced plans to field two cars in the 2018 season full-time, Drivers will most likely be Alex DeFranco and Bill Jones, Numbers have been confirmed as 94/97 for the cars, The team's main sponsor on the 94 car will be eCola and it's secondary will be Air Herler, The 97 will be sponsored by Frontier Airlines and Sprunk for the 2018 season, drivers are TBA and will be announced atleast 5 months before the opening round of the 2018 NAAC Cisco Championship Series.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Tony Long Autosport to Return, 2 Cars Confirmed

So far in 2017, Tony Long has not had a great season outside of a top 15 in California. However, this has not deterred him as he will return to NAAC running a part time schedule in 2018. He will not be alone in 2018.

Tony's older brother, Ryan, will drive a full time campaign in 2018.

"Ryan has done a great job learning, experiencing, and preparing for a chance to get behind the wheel," Tony said. "He has gotten progressively faster in testing, learned more and more each day about the racecar, and has done very well in Racesim."

Tony is expected to return with Mobil 1 sponsorship in car number 919. At this moment, nothing has been confirmed but an announcement is expected with details on Ryan's ride coming in the near future.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 pm

(Mid-season report)

Gailey Enterprises Announces Two-Car Operation in 2018, Lonny Rawlins Will Graduate to Cisco Championship Series Seat

In a brief PR release on Monday, Gailey Enterprises said they plan on fielding a second full-time car for the 2018 NAAC Cisco Championship Series, and also stated that Lonny Rawlins will be promoted to a full-time seat for the team in the series as well, leaving his seat in the Zippo National Series vacant. Though PR representative Doug Miller stated that driver options are being explored for the National Series entry, he refused to take questions on the matter, leaving the door open for speculation.

What has been apparent over the first half of the season is Troy Griffith's attitude, and his relationship with his team owner, Roger Gailey. Despite having some decent runs, Griffith has gained somewhat of an unsatisfactory reputation among his team, his competitors, and NAAC officials, due to his callous driving style and explosive temper over the radio. He was already seen arguing with Gailey after his premature retirement from the Albuquerque race, after which Gailey told a reporter: "All I'm gonna say is if this keeps up, he's not driving for me next season."

Meanwhile, Lonny Rawlins has raised eyebrows in the Zippo National Series with impressive runs contending for the win, all the while maintaining a gracious and often taciturn demeanor. The vague press release suggested that Rawlins would possibly be the driver of the second Gailey Enterprises car for 2018, but the breakdown of relations between Griffith and Gailey and no mention of Griffith's status for next season indicates that Rawlins may replace Griffith. Griffith was unavailable for comment.

With this cryptic report about Gailey Enterprises' 2018 plans, rumors have surfaced about the available driver options for the Zippo National Series entry. One such candidate for the car is rising late model star, 21-year-old Chase Lynch. Further rumors have suggested that Roger Gailey himself may attempt some one-off races in a third Cisco Championship Series car in 2018. At age 53, Gailey is a seasoned veteran of various open-wheel series centered in the United States, and jumped at the opportunity to bring his self-owned team to the stock car racing scene.

The details of the second car's number and sponsor remain uncertain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the event that I do have Rawlins replace Griffith, I'll take free agents for the second car.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Spoiler:
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm

I.W. Eagle 200 at the Four Corners of Toronto Pre-race

New composite body unveiled: Lighter, but Stronger

It was known since the start of the year that the Omecha M17s would not be around for more than a year, as it was explained by Paul Martin in the press conference for the first NAAC race:

"We can't develop a safer bodystyle in such short notice, but we also don't want to risk the safety of the ones racing this year, which is why we are heading towards using the Omecha M17's, which are cheap and easy to repair, and over everyhing else, safe. We will have the new bodystyle finished and ready for the showrooms by August or September, giving enough time for teams to acquire them for next year."

It is August 19, and the bodystyle was finally unveiled after months of hype and speculation, the North American Auto Club will welcome X-Auto Race Car Bodies' new Composite Body for the 2018 NAAC Season. The bodies were unveiled on track in a quiet ceremony after Friday practice #2.

Six manufacturers will compete in 2018: Saar, Lenard, Inglesby, Lycoia, Nemoto and Calton-Morel.

SAAR CAROLINA:
LENARD CHEYENNE:
INGLESBY BOLERO:
LYCOIA INTERCEPTOR:
CALTON-MOREL NOVA:
NEMOTO CELEROX:

The engine regulations will carry over from the current season, with the spec 775hp, 358 C.I. engines being retained for another year.

New title sponsors presented for 2018

In the same press conference in which the new cars were unveiled, a big change to the series was shown as well, as the NAAC expands for their second year of sanctioning, the first year after the demise of PART. With that, new sponsors come on board to the series, the major change being Launch Energy hopping into title sponsoring the Championship Series along with Cisco, now the premier NAAC tour will be called NAAC Launch Championship Racing Series connected by Cisco with 2018 being possibly last year Cisco will sponsor the series according to NAAC president Paul Martin:

"The intention was to have Cisco sponsor us for one year, but they have been so happy with our work they decided to sponsor the Championship Series for an additional year, however Launch also wanted to jump on board and we are so thankful to have both agreeing to be our title sponsors, with the Championship becoming the Launch Championship Racing Series connected by Cisco, this deal is favourable to both sides and we only have to gain from this, a year of estabilishing ourselves back into place."

Aside from the Championship Series, the National Series will be rebranded into two different championships, Zippo steps down, according to rumors, in order to sponsor a car next year, with that Master Spark Plugs joins in and now will be the main sponsor of the series, that also changes from older steel bodies to super late models, becoming the Master Spark Super Late Tour. The series will have the Eastern and Western Divisions, expected to have a solid amount of drivers throughout. Master Spark, the former Pole Award sponsor will be replaced in that department by Epps, renaming the award to Epps Premium Pole Position Award.

The new series being formed by the North American Auto Club will be a national tour up north, the Argyle Canadian Late Model Championship/Championnat Argyle de Late Models, which will be held through most of the Canadian territory, with companion events during the Canadian Tour of the Championship Series.

Tire War gets expanded into a Fuel War

Another of the announcements in the press conference is that the tire war devised for the current season will be expanded to a fuel provider war as well, as Bridgestone, Goodyear and Cooper Tires will provide tires for the race teams, as Hoosier and BFGoodrich leave the main series, but will stay in the sanctioning body, as BFGoodrich will be the tire maker for the Canadian Late Model Championship, while Hoosier will be bringing the tires for the Super Late Model Tour.

The fuel war will feature three brands, connected to auto racing for a long time, VP Racing Fuels, Sunoco and Spirit will be the providers of the gasoline, which will be the same type for everything, having 20% of ethanol 100 octane fuel blend specially devised for the series.

Why was Atkins called to the officials hauler

After Practice #1, Ben Atkins, who will drive the #20 this weekend, was called to the stewards hauler, apparently due to some social media comments unfavourable to NAAC officials. After 35 minutes of talking with the senior officials, and even NAAC president Paul Martin, Atkins left the hauler smiling and apparently calm.

Paul Martin was reached for comments and simply declared: "We just called Atkins into the hauler because when you have a driver angry with the series, you do try to see why and work it out, we had a talk about the Trois-Rivieres happenings, he understood why we had to race under those turn 3 conditions and we did agree with his side on the issue, but being a street circuit, we were in no condition to postpone the event....we try to do the best for the drivers, but we can't also put the series itself and promoters' trust in risk. We just had a honest conversation and we worked it out."

Martin even took a jab about some fears from pundits of a possible punishment to Atkins: "If you expected a fine for 'Actions detrimental to Stock Car Racing' you'll be disappointed" (laughs).
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 pm

bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceCamera Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Yokoyama steps out of 76 car for most of the rest of the season. Announces 2018 plans

Mason Yokoyama announces that he will step out of car 76 after two good runs to concentrate primarily on AmeriCar. He will step back in the car in Texas, and the TryHard 500. "I kind of have fun in this series but I've had other things to do,. Hopefully I'll try to get another driver on the 76 until the final two races." Yokoyama also says that the lineup doesn't change for 2018, except he will run the full season.
RaceCamera
RaceCamera

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:51 pm

(First report is from after Watkins Glen, because I am very behind with this.)

Spoiler:

Roger Gailey to Run Select Races in 2018 NAAC Launch Championship Series; Chase Lynch Will Run Late Model Series Entry

Over the Gailey Enterprises team page on Facebook, Roger Gailey confirmed suspicions of him fielding a third car into select races in the 2018 NAAC Launch Championship Series. The Facebook post showed a preview image of the car Gailey would be running in these races, showing a black #70 Saar with sponsorship backing from Western Union Banking. The post did not indicate which races Gailey would be running, but given his formula and open-wheel racing background, it would be safe to assume he could be attempting a few road course races on the 2018 schedule.

On September 1st, another Gailey Enterprises press conference revealed that Chase Lynch would be driving for Gailey in the newly-conceived NAAC Master Spark Super Late Model Tour, formed out of the National Series. Though the car number of Lynch's entry has yet to be released, the conference indicated that Lynch would be taking his main sponsor Quaker State with him. Lynch is a rising star of the American late model scene, and has gained a reputation for his flat-out, edge-of-control driving style.

Last edited by kensethfan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I misread Gabe's 2018 post and failed to realize that the National Series was folding. lolwhoops.)
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Added all info to the first post of this thread, but in case people don't notice

Approved by Cynon

History and Context of the NAAC

2018 Season Information

2018 Calendar (All Series)

2018 Championship Series Team Chart

2018 Super Late Model Tour and Canadian Championship Team Charts

Ratings System (All Series)

2018 NAAC Points System (All Series)

Templates (All Series)

Due Date is whenever the TryHard 500 gets posted, so that's at least two months, may be more
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceCamera Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Yokoyama announces 2018 lineup, and 76 driver for the rest of 2017 season

Mason Yokoyama announces that he will drive full-time in 2018, and he will remain with Bush's Chicken as his sponsor. He says that he will get a part-time third car by sports car veteran Vince Arnold who will drive car 119 in all the road courses except Watkins Glen, as he will share the 76 car with Yokoyama. Yokoyama also announces that 23-year old oval racer Roger Stevens will drive car 12 for 2018, and the 76 car until Texas for the 2017 season. Yokoyama sticks with Saar as manufacturer. Mason Yokoyama racing will use Goodyear as his tires, and Sunoco as his fuel.
RaceCamera
RaceCamera

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 pm

(OOC: Little late posting this, Wink )

Griffin scores maiden NAAC win in dominating fashion in Toronto

Griffin (in victory lane): "Man, what a car. These guys at IDI (Ike Durbin Inc) have busted their butts all season and they really gave me a piece today. This feels great. This is vindication. I feel like we've had the cars to win but just haven't had much luck. It all came together today though."
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:02 pm

TurboSports will remain almost the same albeit with one giant change, Sonoco joins team, will join Super Late Model Tour Eastern Division with 1 car.

In a press conference Thursday, TurboSports team owner Alex Constantine said that TurboSports will stay about the same driver and sponsor-wise next season, with Austin Sanders' Nintendo scheme adorning the name of new first party Switch game HTHA that will be released some time around the season opener at Homestead. Constantine will be racing in some races as well of his choosing, being the first 3 races at Homestead, Houston, and Talladega, VIR, and double at Winnipeg and Lake Afton. However, as Sunoco will be the fuel supplier and Cooper returns, the team will be abandoning the Nemoto Celerox, instead moving to Inglesby. TurboSports will also be fielding a team in the Super Late Model Tour Eastern Division for Atlanta, Georgia native A.J. Canton. Canton will be sponsored by local BBQ joint BBQ Overload.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Is there any way I could possibly get a one-two car team in NAAC? Been really enthralled recently and with all these new teams from PART, who's to say ya can't sneak one more in?
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 pm

BlazingEmpireHD wrote:Is there any way I could possibly get a one-two car team in NAAC? Been really enthralled recently and with all these new teams from PART, who's to say ya can't sneak one more in?

Do what everyone else is doing and then we'll see.

NAAC welcomes Nitro

The season of changes brings a new player for the NAAC, as Nitro Television, estabilished cable channel in North America signed a contract which grants them the right to broadcast races of the Championship Series and Super Late Models. North Television Networks will also broadcast the major events.

The agreement also allows for IPTV provider Anywhere to join in, having a channel produced by NAAC, alongside both networks, featuring qualifying and practice sessions online, with condensed tape delays of the events being broadcasted hours later they take place. The service will be called NAACAnywhere.

Kristen Young and Ashley Richardson without rides, find opportunities elsewhere

After the demise of the PART, Phoenix Autosport decided to sit out the rest of the year,
however, with the 2018 season coming closer, the owner Rick Hollins did a polemic move.

The Nevada team owner decided to nort renew the contracts of Kristen Young and Ashley Richardson, which have been with the team since 2011, when it was initially formed.

A few team owners have come out against the move: "This is a hideos move by Richard,
he releases two strong drivers that could help his rookies, trading them for another inexperienced driver, no offense to her [reference to Taegan Roberson, that has been announced as the new second driver for the team], but they should have veterans to help equilibrate the situation." - said Garth Patterson, first ever NAAC champion, and analyst for Turbo Television.

Charlotte Elliott, one of the other four drivers that got released has decided upon not returning to the Championship Series. As of now, her fate is unknown.

Mac Hanley has been signed to Marcus Stanton Racing, as a replacement of Ollie Cendale-Nolan, who had multiple on and off track disputes through PART's season, so Stantondecided upon not bringing the driver of the #13 back.

Kristen Young found a seat on Steve Gareth Racing, which was planning to return to NAAC with the new bodystyles. She will drive Gareth's traditional #5, sponsored by Epps.

Richardson has ben signed to Ashcroft Family Racing, and will do select starts through 2018 in the Championship Racing Series, while managing a full-time effort in the SLM Eastern Division.

Nelson Racing returning to the North American Auto Club

After suffering from a lack of sponsorship, which forced the team to enter a hiatus, Nelson Racing, one of the most traditional NAAC teams, will return to the ranks, with two Championship Series cars, with Lucy Barnton and Stan Gustaffson in the #98 and 97 respectively.

The team will be using Lycoias fitted with Ashcroft Racing Engines, possibly signaling the end of the longtime rivalry between both families, which spanned most of the 90s and early 2000s.

Zippo, which stepped down from title sponsoring NAAC, will be in the hood of Barnton's machine, while B4 Car Parts will be featured in Gustaffson, after IKEA decided to stay with Jack Patterson Racing, which downsizes to only a full-time car.

Ashcrofts welcome new family member

Julia Ashcroft, 36, who took an career break, citing the wish of forming a family with Dash Cup driver Gabriel Macena, is now a mother.

On Friday, September 1st at 2:24 am, she gave birth to Lucas Matthew. He weighs 7.3 lbs, measuring 20 inches long.

After announcing her pregnancy quietly through social media in January of this year, Ashcroft spent most of the time outside of news and media, wishing privacy, which was respected by most racing media outlets.

Sources within the Ashcroft/Macena family indicate that Ashcroft may try a gradual return to auto racing in 2018 or 2019, although Ashcroft herself expressed if she returns, it will be on a part-time or one-off basis.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 am

Also, I am doing silly season now...so voila!
Master Sport Motorsports to bring two cars for the late season change
21 year old Heather Hadeen and 22 year old Katyen Scurrel are taking the ropes and coming in late for the 2017 NAAC season. As well as Alexa Lake running half the remaining season.

Name/Age/Number/Sponsor/Assoc.Sponsor/DoB (Assuming these numbers aren't taken)

Katyen Scurrel/22/#23/Cheerwine/None/April 27th, 1995
Alexa Lake/23/#33/Binco/None/May 22nd, 1994
Heather Hadeen/21/#28/Northern Tools/None/December 8th, 1996

Master Sport Motorsports to bring four cars to the 2018 NAAC Championship
22 year old Heather Hadeen, 23 year old Katyen Scurrel, and 25 year old Alder Carson plan to run 2018 NAAC full time. One other part time entries are also in the line for the 2018 NAAC season.
Current situation:

#23/Katyen Scurrel/CM Nova/Age 23/Cheerwine/None
#38/Alder Carson/CM Nova/Age 25/N/A/None
#53/Alexa Lake/CM Nova/Age 24/Binco/None/Part Time
#47/Heather Haydeen/CM Nova/Age 22/Northern Tools/None

This line-up will likely change.

Last edited by BlazingEmpireHD on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:37 am

HQS Racing to return with four cars; three drivers announced

HQS Racing team owner Ben Atkins has confirmed that his team will be returning to the NAAC Championship series in 2018, retaining three of their drivers from the 2017 season. The former PART team, who were shaping up to have a successful 2017 season before the series folded, elected to keep Caitlin Richler, Riley McKee and Lexie Percy in the cars for 2018 after all three drivers had their share of success in the PART series, with Richler and McKee winning multiple races each in the Racing series, and Percy winning a race at the Indianapolis Raceway Park in the All-Pro series.

Their fourth driver from 2017, Thomas Culler, will not return to the team despite occasional decent showings, including a fifth place finish at Road America in the PART Racing series, however his replacement is yet to be announced. It is speculated, however, that Atkins himself could attempt the full schedule as he has yet to announce what plans he has for the 2018 season.

"We've struggled to find our feet in NAAC so far" said Atkins, "but I have enough faith in the drivers we have in the team at the moment to keep them around. They've all proven their worth in multiple divisions of racing and I'm confident we will be winning races, not just next year, but in the later stages of this season as well."

Despite Atkins saying the team have struggled so far in NAAC, HQS Racing have registered two top 5 finishes in the three weekends they have took part in so far, both coming at New Hampshire, with Thomas Culler finishing third in the first race, and Caitlin Richler finishing second in the second race of the weekend.

HQS Racing will be running Saar's in the 2018 season, and have chosen to go with Bridgestone tires and VP Racing fuel in the newly formed tire and fuel war.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Ernest Lewis Racing returning with strong lineup

ELR, has announced it's lineup for the 2017 season, with 3 returning drivers, with both Schmidt brothers returning in their rides, with an amazing 2017 campaign. Rebecca Pellerin will return full-time after a part-time schedule in NAAC and Dash Cup. David LeBlanc has decided to leave the #88 ride, and stay with the team as a crew chief, while running some races back in Quebec, and the north-east. His replacement will be Emilie Potvin, the long-time prospect for the team, and will bring Exide to team, along with returning sponsor, Nokia.

Team Chart. (Saar)
#27, Rebecca Pellerin, Canadian Tire
#43, Lee Schmidt, Lucas
#55, Jamaal Schmidt, NAPA
#88, Emilie Potvin, Nokia/Exide

Megan MacDonald will continue in the program, running a full-time effort in the East Division, for the late model series
#27, Megan MacDonald, Mountain Dew

The team has been looking to enter the other divisions, or enter alliances, but this has not been confirmed by the team.

Lucstar Motorsports returns for second season.
The newly entered team from PART, LSM, is looking to create a better team in its second year. Cade Taylor and Marshall North will run, while Angel Gray will concentrate on being the owner of the team. While they will add a late model, for the Western tour, with a potential reunion with Steve Holiday Junior, who has been out of a big ride since 2014 with Great Lakes Motorsports.
#25, Cade Taylor, Taylor Candy
#28, Marshall North, Taylor Candy

Western Division
#56, Steve Holiday Junior, TBA
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:16 pm

OOC:
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:45 am

Rocky Mountain Racers to return

Rocky Mountain Racers will return for their second season in NAAC after joining the series from PART mid-way through 2017. The driver lineup will consist of Jesse Simon, who replaces Pete Moeller in the #40 Chipotle Lenard and Heidi Lewis, who steps up to drive the #72 Furniture Row Lenard. Scotty Redden will run the Master Spark series in the #85 Dr. Pepper car. Jethro Jones, who has been with the team for three seasons, has been released to seek other driving opportunities in the NAAC.

OOC: Jethro Jones is available to drive for any NAAC team.

H2 Motorsports to return after debut year

New-for-2017 team H2 Motorsports will return for a second season in 2018. The team, which split off from Rocky Mountain Racers in 2017 to join the NAAC will be racing alongside their former colleagues. However, this year the team will switch over to run Saars. Brittany Henderson will return to the #63 Red Robin car while the #98 will be driven by a new Schneider - Ellie Schneider will replace her older brother Ben as he steps back to become her crew chief. Whole Food Markets will step up to sponsor the ride.

Meanwhile, in H2's lower-tier team in the Master Spark series, Kellie Henderson will remain in the #16 that is still unsponsored, while rookie driver Cole Franklin will drive the #73 car with sponsorship from Hot Shot Energy Drink.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:20 am

Racing For A Good Cause Keeps the same #427 Breast Cancer Cure Center Lenard, Tires and Fuel will be Bridgestone and Spirit respectively, Watkins Glen relief driver will be another Breast Cancer survivor, Mary Werley.

Driver Profile:

Last edited by NASCARLOVER427 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:36 am

Pro Tip: I need you to specify the divisions of the Master Spark SLM and fuel and tire providers for the Championship Series, asidefrom the Glen relief drivers. I'm not paranormal, so I can't guess what you're picking, unless it's implied by team names and such. I also need driver ages and hometowns or at least state/province.

Also,for the love of everything that is sacred, read the goddamn documents I linked, it can't be that hard to figure out taken numbers with that.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:53 am

Tony Long Autosport to be Rebranded in 2018, 2018 NAAC Plans Revealed

Tony Long Autosport will be making some major changes for 2018. Across-the-board​, Tony Long Autosport will be renamed to Long Family Autosport on January 1st, 2018. This move is due to the expanding driver lineups in several series.

"We are still the same core team, we still have the same equipment, nothing is changing other than our operation name" Ryan Long said. "This is just a way to incorporate the many changes and new faces we have in our system."

During the press conference, Long Family Autosport announced their full plans for the NAAC Championship in 2018. Tony Long will run another part time schedule including all of the major races. His older brother, Ryan Long, will run a full-time rookie campaign in 2018. Long Family Autosport will keep their partnership with Cooper tires and will use fuel provided by VP. They will also keep using Saar's for 2018.

Tony will drive the same car and sponsorship combination that he is in 2017 in car 919 with Mobil 1 sponsorship.

Ryan will drive car number 191 with sponsorship from New York University, the college he graduated from with a law degree.

For the Watkins Glen race, Tony and Ryan are inquiring on whether or not they can drive together in Ryan Long's 191 car.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Don't feel like putting this in a press report, I just want to get some shit out of the way.

Lonny Rawlins has the #96 Dairy Queen Saar for Gailey Enterprises in the 2018 Championship Series season. Chase Lynch has the #74 Quaker State car, also driving for Gailey Enterprises in the Late Model Tour Eastern Division (he's 21 years old from Volusia, FL). Both Gailey Enterprises cars in the Championship Series will use Bridgestone Tires and VP Racing Fuel. Roger Gailey will be relieved by Kelvin Moyer at Watkins Glen.

Most likely Troy Griffith will not return to the Championship Series in 2018, but I won't officially confirm that yet. If I do give him the boot, the number and sponsor of the first Gailey Enterprises car might change.

Last edited by kensethfan on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:31 pm

At the moment all full-time entries are taken as I reserved 4 slots to JINX Racing Devlopment and Yan Motorsports, given their owners are consistently involved in NAAC and not leaving those spots for them would be somewhat "prick" move by me.

So, that only leaves full-time slots open for the Master Spark Super Late Models Tour and Argyle Canadian Late Model Tour. Slots for the Championship Series will only be opened if JINX and memoriesallbutdone decided to give up one or more of their slots. That will be up to their criteria.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Reach-Forkner Autosports will run full-time in the NAAC Championship with Max Tender driving for the team, Inglesby as manufacturer support and Polymer Oil returning as sponsor. Lorne Stevenson will take on a managerial role in the team.

#17-Max Tender-Polymer Oil Inglesby-Bridgestone- Spirit Fuel

Last edited by Rovenami on Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Genesis Racing to run full Launch Championship Series in 2018
Bill Jones and Alex DeFranco are stepping up to the plate for the 2018 NAAC Launch Championship Series, driving the #94 eCola/Sprunk Calton-Morel Nova and the #97 Air Herler/Frontier Airlines Calton-Morel Nova. With Jones in the #94 and DeFranco in the #97 the two short-track stars of the Midwest will take on many of North America's toughest tracks this season. Machinery is based on the Team's 2017 FARC part-time Effort taking the experience gained there into the NAAC for 2018, The team will also be according to the manager be running really good road course setups. Jones' Second place finish in the 2016 BAAR Super pro series round @ Belle Isle after starting 15th was heroic, he built up this result and despite not winning a single race cruised on to the 2016 BAAR Super Pro Series AAA Rookie of the Year accolade, DeFranco has shown spurts of brilliance in the AST Voltson Super Trucks outpacing Team Mate Juan Cortez almost half the time.

OOC : Goodyear/Sunoco Jones is 24, Alex is 21.

Last edited by Dexter249 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:56 pm

OOC: More information

Rocky Mountain Racers will use Bridgestone tires and Sunoco fuel
H2 Motorsports will use Goodyear tires and VP Racing Fuels fuel

Jesse Simon is 23 from Lubbock, Texas
Heidi Lewis is 19 from Topeka, Kansas
Ellie Schneider is 18 from Colorado Springs, Colorado. Her car number will be 82.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sun May 07, 2017 11:28 am

Lemme specify the Watkins Glen Road Race information:

*Both drivers of each car will score points
*Full and part-time cars can skip the event
*Teams can have two of their driver running in just one of the cars, instead of entering two cars.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight Sun May 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Katyen Scurrel and Alexa Lake nearly there to be confirmed for the rest of the 2017 NAAC season.

Alexa Lake, of Jacksonville, Florida stated that she's all in for the rest of the season as her ties with FARC are not contradicting. Whenever confirmation is sent to Lake, she'll drive the #26(?) Binco for the rest of the season. Her DoB is 05/22/1993.

On the contrary, Katyen Scurrel will also run the rest of the season, but in a very low sponsored car. Number and sponsor are TBD as of now.

Both ladies will run VP Fuel(?) and Bridgeport tyres.

We'll have more in the short coming days.
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 pm

bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am

bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed May 24, 2017 4:09 pm

So, given there is a lack of interest in the SLM and Candian divisions (Which I understand, it's the minor league of "minor league", so I should've predicted there wasn't gonna much interest).

I have decided to keep those divisions as mention-only for two reasons, one of which being the aforementioned lack of interest. The second being, I want to have time and space to do AmeriCar and the USDRA, if I get a larger plate than what I can eat, it won't be fun.

To compensate for it, I will add 8 additional entries to the NAAC Championship Series team chart, so now, the NAAC Championship Series has 72 full-time slots. I have "reserved" those spots for teams that may be returning, but I have gotten no word from their owners. Therefore, if you want to send me the infos for your teams to act as "substitutes" in case I don't get that info until the finale is is posted (which is the deadline for everything), then your teams would fill the remainder of the slots. If you wish to field a substitute team, PM me.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Thu May 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I have adapted the 2018 schedule to not only fit my own time frame, but also to adapt the fact that all races will have 36-40 cars, so tracks that hold less than 40 cars have been phased out, plus a few changes (including a few more tracks, while decreasing the size of the schedule from 27 to 24 events).
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 pm

CARS THAT HAVE YET TO BE GIVEN RATINGS AND SCHEMES:
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Tony Long Announces 2018 Part Time Schedule

In a press conference today, Tony Long announced his 2018 part time schedule for the NAAC Launch Energy season. Including the 3 major races, Tony will run an 8 race season.

Without the 3 major races, Tony Long will run the following races:

Memphis
Thompson
Mid-Ohio
Carbondale
Pikes Peak

For the major races, he will run in the 919 car except for Watkins Glen where he will share his brothers 191 car.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 pm

People that owe me ratings/paintschemes (I need at the minimum ratings, about paintschemes I can whip something quickly at least to endure the season)

SCHEMES:

RELIEF DRIVERS FOR WATKINS GLEN:

I'll need updates on the entries from the following users: alovose (Great Plains Motorsports), Mother of Invention (???)

Last edited by bsoyuz on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm

A.J.A. Racing announces 2018 plans

After an up and down season, AJA Racing gave a press conference from their Talladega, Alabama headquarters as to what the team would be doing for the next year in NAAC.
Taking a break from his Dash Cup schedule, partial owner Tommy Ashby was the one to announce that the team would be returning all four cars, with Trey and Tiny Ashby returning as well as new signee Kellan Rogers-Ashby, Trey's wife. The fourth driver for the team has yet to be determined but will hopefully be figured out over the coming weeks.
45- Trey Ashby, 8/18/94, Mobile, Alabama, Sponsor: Whiplash Energy Drinks
65- Tiny Ashby, 9/26/98, Mobile, Alabama, Sponsor: Whiplash Energy Drinks
90- Kellan Rogers-Ashby, (Will fill in asap), Sponsor: RaceSim
75- TBA, Sponsor: Venum

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:39 pm

DHRE to shutdown NAAC team after season's end

"it's just that we're stretching our resources here pretty thin. We've got the Master Cup and FARC stuff, so we need to cut the fluff and NAAC was the fluff. Hopefully Seamus and Tim will continue with us in FARC and other series, we will give technicall help to any NAAC team that needs it but otherwise were going to be moving on"
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

As I've said, I've held off on sending the paint schemes for the #12 and the #96 because I really didn't like what I had and was considering repainting them both once I'd cleared my queue list, which I've now done. I suppose I could send what I have currently painted for both cars as placeholder schemes until further notice though, just so you have something. Will send ratings for my cars as soon as possible.

Had thought about it, and I was going to reclaim the #39 for next season, but I see now that the number has since been taken. I don't mind, but a list of unclaimed numbers would be helpful. Still trying to figure out what to do with that car, but my intention is still to have Gailey Enterprises run two full-time operations in 2018.

The #36 has been painted and submitted. Also, Roger Gailey does have a relief driver for Watkins Glen. It was on the team chart.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 pm

North American Auto Club strikes partnership with Dash Cup for 2018, race format change

In an announcement at Rockingham Speedway, during a test of the new NAAC Championship Series cars, North American Auto Club president Paul Martin announced the start of a working agreement with the europe-based Dash Stock Car Cup.

"I am very pleased to see that we were able to suplant the partnership PART left open with their financial demise, and I can only see great things coming for both sides. The NAAC Championship Series and the Dash Cup Stocks Series are into the same level of stock car racing and seeing both sides come to an agreement is wonderful for the future of both."

With this the race format for the 2018 NAAC Championship Series will be changed in order to make the series work better with each other, featuring the same weekend format. The 23 weeks in the Launch Championship Series will mostly have two qualifying races, with the Albuquerque Speedbowl and Trois-Rivieres featuring three qualifiers due to limitations on the paddocks.

This will bump the amount of races to 65, however, each race will have a different starting field, with the top 20 of each duel setting the field for the feature race, which will be longer, as the qualifiers will be 50 laps long on short tracks, 50 miles long on speedways and 50 kilometers on road circuits.

All races will be points and purse paying, differently from PART's attempt at forcing the format for 2017, which resulted in the split, formation of NAAC and demise of PART, however only the feature races will be broadcasted by North Television Networks, with short highlights of the qualifiers being shown on Nitro Television.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Spoiler:
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Spoiler:
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next