2017 North American Auto Club

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 North American Auto Club

Post by RaceCamera on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Mason Yokoyama's second car to run rest of the season

Mason Yokoyama announced after South Boston that the 76 team will run the rest of the season with different drivers. Yokoyama will drive in the final two races of the season, and Watkins Glen. He'll also will announce the drivers after the Glen race.
RaceCamera
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:20 pm

bsoyuz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 pm

After a issue with my computer that killed Windows, I'll have to put NAAC in a bit of a hiatus, by hiatus I mean, I'll just need to see if I lost anything regarding race results, if I did not, there is no issue. However, if it happens to me that I lost some race results for good, I'll have to work around it.

Expect NAAC getting back to normal in a couple of weeks as I get my stuff fixed.
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm

bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 am

I have run all of the races of the 2017 season bar the TryHard 500, which I'll do after I tabulate all strikes and penalties (there have been no injuries or strikes) so do not worry about substitute drivers.

You guys can start silly seasoning.
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:42 pm

bsoyuz wrote:I have run all of the races of the 2017 season bar the TryHard 500

Does that include races in the National Series?
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:36 pm

kensethfan wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:I have run all of the races of the 2017 season bar the TryHard 500

Does that include races in the National Series?

Yes.
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 am

Genesis Racing to attempt full-time NAAC Championship Series Schedule in 2018
After the Tryhard 500, FARC/BAAR team Genesis Racing announced plans to field two cars in the 2018 season full-time, Drivers will most likely be Alex DeFranco and Bill Jones, Numbers have been confirmed as 94/97 for the cars, The team's main sponsor on the 94 car will be eCola and it's secondary will be Air Herler, The 97 will be sponsored by Frontier Airlines and Sprunk for the 2018 season, drivers are TBA and will be announced atleast 5 months before the opening round of the 2018 NAAC Cisco Championship Series.
Dexter249
Race Winner
Race Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Tony Long Autosport to Return, 2 Cars Confirmed

So far in 2017, Tony Long has not had a great season outside of a top 15 in California. However, this has not deterred him as he will return to NAAC running a part time schedule in 2018. He will not be alone in 2018.

Tony's older brother, Ryan, will drive a full time campaign in 2018.

"Ryan has done a great job learning, experiencing, and preparing for a chance to get behind the wheel," Tony said. "He has gotten progressively faster in testing, learned more and more each day about the racecar, and has done very well in Racesim."

Tony is expected to return with Mobil 1 sponsorship in car number 919. At this moment, nothing has been confirmed but an announcement is expected with details on Ryan's ride coming in the near future.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 pm

(Mid-season report)

Gailey Enterprises Announces Two-Car Operation in 2018, Lonny Rawlins Will Graduate to Cisco Championship Series Seat

In a brief PR release on Monday, Gailey Enterprises said they plan on fielding a second full-time car for the 2018 NAAC Cisco Championship Series, and also stated that Lonny Rawlins will be promoted to a full-time seat for the team in the series as well, leaving his seat in the Zippo National Series vacant. Though PR representative Doug Miller stated that driver options are being explored for the National Series entry, he refused to take questions on the matter, leaving the door open for speculation.

What has been apparent over the first half of the season is Troy Griffith's attitude, and his relationship with his team owner, Roger Gailey. Despite having some decent runs, Griffith has gained somewhat of an unsatisfactory reputation among his team, his competitors, and NAAC officials, due to his callous driving style and explosive temper over the radio. He was already seen arguing with Gailey after his premature retirement from the Albuquerque race, after which Gailey told a reporter: "All I'm gonna say is if this keeps up, he's not driving for me next season."

Meanwhile, Lonny Rawlins has raised eyebrows in the Zippo National Series with impressive runs contending for the win, all the while maintaining a gracious and often taciturn demeanor. The vague press release suggested that Rawlins would possibly be the driver of the second Gailey Enterprises car for 2018, but the breakdown of relations between Griffith and Gailey and no mention of Griffith's status for next season indicates that Rawlins may replace Griffith. Griffith was unavailable for comment.

With this cryptic report about Gailey Enterprises' 2018 plans, rumors have surfaced about the available driver options for the Zippo National Series entry. One such candidate for the car is rising late model star, 21-year-old Chase Lynch. Further rumors have suggested that Roger Gailey himself may attempt some one-off races in a third Cisco Championship Series car in 2018. At age 53, Gailey is a seasoned veteran of various open-wheel series centered in the United States, and jumped at the opportunity to bring his self-owned team to the stock car racing scene.

The details of the second car's number and sponsor remain uncertain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the event that I do have Rawlins replace Griffith, I'll take free agents for the second car.
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Spoiler:
After a shaky start to Yan Motorsports NAAC debut, Emma Yan wins in her second start in dominating fashion as Sean Cao gets a respectable 6th as Daniel Yan and Tom Cao continue to go through new series pains

Emma Yan got out of her car and was very happy with the performance she and her team put on in the second round of the 13th race but also extremely grateful.

"Holy moly, this is unbelievable. A few months ago we were staring down losing our livelihood because of PART shutting down but thankfully the NAAC opened their doors to teams to come over and we jumped on the opportunity. We brought everything over which was a tough task and now here we are in victory lane in our second start in these series. Team gave me an amazing car and killed it on pit stops and this feels amazing." - Emma Yan

"Got a good 6th place finish after a rough debut last week. Proud of the team and happy to be here. We will be working hard to finish this season strong after the series closing and us relocating." - Sean Cao

Memoriesallbutdone
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm

I.W. Eagle 200 at the Four Corners of Toronto Pre-race

New composite body unveiled: Lighter, but Stronger

It was known since the start of the year that the Omecha M17s would not be around for more than a year, as it was explained by Paul Martin in the press conference for the first NAAC race:

"We can't develop a safer bodystyle in such short notice, but we also don't want to risk the safety of the ones racing this year, which is why we are heading towards using the Omecha M17's, which are cheap and easy to repair, and over everyhing else, safe. We will have the new bodystyle finished and ready for the showrooms by August or September, giving enough time for teams to acquire them for next year."

It is August 19, and the bodystyle was finally unveiled after months of hype and speculation, the North American Auto Club will welcome X-Auto Race Car Bodies' new Composite Body for the 2018 NAAC Season. The bodies were unveiled on track in a quiet ceremony after Friday practice #2.

Six manufacturers will compete in 2018: Saar, Lenard, Inglesby, Lycoia, Nemoto and Calton-Morel.

SAAR CAROLINA:
LENARD CHEYENNE:
INGLESBY BOLERO:
LYCOIA INTERCEPTOR:
CALTON-MOREL NOVA:
NEMOTO CELEROX:

The engine regulations will carry over from the current season, with the spec 775hp, 358 C.I. engines being retained for another year.

New title sponsors presented for 2018

In the same press conference in which the new cars were unveiled, a big change to the series was shown as well, as the NAAC expands for their second year of sanctioning, the first year after the demise of PART. With that, new sponsors come on board to the series, the major change being Launch Energy hopping into title sponsoring the Championship Series along with Cisco, now the premier NAAC tour will be called NAAC Launch Championship Racing Series connected by Cisco with 2018 being possibly last year Cisco will sponsor the series according to NAAC president Paul Martin:

"The intention was to have Cisco sponsor us for one year, but they have been so happy with our work they decided to sponsor the Championship Series for an additional year, however Launch also wanted to jump on board and we are so thankful to have both agreeing to be our title sponsors, with the Championship becoming the Launch Championship Racing Series connected by Cisco, this deal is favourable to both sides and we only have to gain from this, a year of estabilishing ourselves back into place."

Aside from the Championship Series, the National Series will be rebranded into two different championships, Zippo steps down, according to rumors, in order to sponsor a car next year, with that Master Spark Plugs joins in and now will be the main sponsor of the series, that also changes from older steel bodies to super late models, becoming the Master Spark Super Late Tour. The series will have the Eastern and Western Divisions, expected to have a solid amount of drivers throughout. Master Spark, the former Pole Award sponsor will be replaced in that department by Epps, renaming the award to Epps Premium Pole Position Award.

The new series being formed by the North American Auto Club will be a national tour up north, the Argyle Canadian Late Model Championship/Championnat Argyle de Late Models, which will be held through most of the Canadian territory, with companion events during the Canadian Tour of the Championship Series.

Tire War gets expanded into a Fuel War

Another of the announcements in the press conference is that the tire war devised for the current season will be expanded to a fuel provider war as well, as Bridgestone, Goodyear and Cooper Tires will provide tires for the race teams, as Hoosier and BFGoodrich leave the main series, but will stay in the sanctioning body, as BFGoodrich will be the tire maker for the Canadian Late Model Championship, while Hoosier will be bringing the tires for the Super Late Model Tour.

The fuel war will feature three brands, connected to auto racing for a long time, VP Racing Fuels, Sunoco and Spirit will be the providers of the gasoline, which will be the same type for everything, having 20% of ethanol 100 octane fuel blend specially devised for the series.

Why was Atkins called to the officials hauler

After Practice #1, Ben Atkins, who will drive the #20 this weekend, was called to the stewards hauler, apparently due to some social media comments unfavourable to NAAC officials. After 35 minutes of talking with the senior officials, and even NAAC president Paul Martin, Atkins left the hauler smiling and apparently calm.

Paul Martin was reached for comments and simply declared: "We just called Atkins into the hauler because when you have a driver angry with the series, you do try to see why and work it out, we had a talk about the Trois-Rivieres happenings, he understood why we had to race under those turn 3 conditions and we did agree with his side on the issue, but being a street circuit, we were in no condition to postpone the event....we try to do the best for the drivers, but we can't also put the series itself and promoters' trust in risk. We just had a honest conversation and we worked it out."

Martin even took a jab about some fears from pundits of a possible punishment to Atkins: "If you expected a fine for 'Actions detrimental to Stock Car Racing' you'll be disappointed" (laughs).
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top