Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!)

Go down

Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!) Empty Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!)

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Tony Long: "TMMC Independence Trophy could be a future goal"

The TM Master Cup Series has always been a dream ride for Tony Long and it may come sooner than later. Over the next few months, T.L.A.'s funding is going to "exponentially rise."

T.L.A. could make their TMMC series debut with Romain Carpant at Gravis City. While Romain did not get in by the fan vote, the 2 promoters option entries are still available. "If Romain gets in the race, it will be a major boost for all of us. We may not have the most funding but we have the most determination to perform in the world."

Even if Romain does not make the race in Gravis City, T.L.A. have already hinted at plans to run in Decatur. They don't plan on getting rid of the Omecha MA05 they recently acquired. They plan on developing the car and putting it through several tests to see if the Omecha MA05 is worth using for future events.

As for a possible Independence Trophy ride for next season, a rumor has surfaced that several events and driver combinations that have been thrown around the thought table. "We have plenty of time to plan on what we will do in the future. Hopefully we can do an Independence Trophy bid for next season."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!) Empty Re: Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!)

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Tony Long Autosport Announce 3 Car Lineup for Spa

In a move showing the rising funding of TLA, TLA announced today that they will bring 3 cars to the Dash Cup Series race at Spa.

The first car will be car number 091 which will be driven by 24 year old Frenchman Romain Carpant. Romain is a 2 time French Touring Car champion who will be driving full time for TLA in 2017.

The second car will be car number 191 driven by Denmark's Dima Van Hall. Dima is a 32 year old driver who has raced in several European series before being signed by TLA to drive full time in 2017.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!) Empty Re: Tony Long Autosport Headlines (Spoilers!!! Beware of Spoilers!!!)

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:30 pm

4 Cars for Super Stocks 2017?

Tony Long Autosport have already announced a 3 car lineup for the 2017 Dash Cup Super Stocks Series. Today, a rumor has surfaced that they will be looking for a possible 4th driver.

"We will have the financial situation to be able to go to a 4 car full time lineup." Tony Long said. "If we want to do this, I will be looking for a Dash Cup veteran."

When asked about who they were looking at, Tony had this to say, "at this time, I am not sure who yet. I am going to wait and see who will be available by the seasons end."

"It will be a major challenge at this time to try and motivate a driver to leave their team to join a team that may still be the backmarkers of the series. If we are able to show the potential that we could be a team in contention, we could make 2017 a season to shock the world."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:36 am

Tony Long Shocks in Aspira Juniors Debut

The odd numbered races for Tony's long weekend at Rockingham were the first 2 races of Tony's Aspira Juniors rookie campaign. Tony shared his long 3 race weekend with STS ATK driver Emily Brannagan.

"I personally thought that she(Brannagan) was going to be the class of the field because of her success so far in Super Stocks." Tony said.

After qualifying had happened, the starting lineup showed the opposite. Tony qualified on the front row while Brannagan qualified toward the back. "I am not sure if that was her strategy but it surprised me as to how far back she was."

As sprint 1 was going, Tony Long was one of the frontrunners late and come home a very surprising 2nd place.

"I am so proud of this team and everyone who helps work on these cars. Our car was way faster than people expected due to our Super Stocks season. There are a lot of people that have written me off as a nobody in Dash Cup, but, this showed everybody that I am not here in Dash Cup to just drive, I am here to win." Tony said.

After his unsuccessful attempt in the second sprint in Super Stocks, he had a chance to redeem himself with his 2nd Aspira Juniors sprint of the day. Entering the race, Tony was a little shaken up after his crash with Israel Bruce. "My shoulder was hurting after the crash. I was not sure if it was serious but everything checked out well in the care center."

Late in the race, Tony blew a right front tire that forced him to pit. He would end up finishing 33rd. "Not the way I wanted to finish the day but it is great to know that we have a chance."

Tony's next Aspira Juniors weekend will be his 2nd and final double duty at Oulton Park. "3 road course races will be tough but, with where we are in Aspira Juniors, it might be where our 2016 will be turned around."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Tony Long: "Innocent Victim"

For Tony Long, his 2nd opportunity in the regular season for super stocks came at Oulton Park. Oulton Park was the 2nd and final double duty race weekend for him between Aspira Juniors and Super Stocks.

"From all of the time in practice, I would say I had turned at least 75 laps before the race began" Tony said. "I found it to be easy to lose time but difficult to find places to gain time."

During the middle of the race, Tony was a victim of an incident between Thomas Pachaska and Israel Bruce. Bruce was turned to the inside wall, hit the wall, and spun back in front of Tony.

"I had nowhere to go. I just slammed on the brakes but it was too late." Bruce went for several rolls in the car. "It was rather unusual to see a car flip at a road course. It was a sight to see."

"I pulled in to the pits and told the guys to pull the hood off and try to fix as much as they could with the engine. I was very lucky to not have any severely damaged parts in the engine."

As the race wore on, the leaders came up to lap Tony. In turn 1, Tony went wide to let Kellan Rogers Ashby by before being turned in to the inside wall by Gabriel Macena. On the radio, Tony was furious with Macena.

"I ran wide to give him room to get by. Why doesn't he use his eyes to see I was there. I am not in a car that is difficult to find from far away."

This crash ended Tony's day short for super stocks. "I hope the Aspira Juniors races won't be as bad as this was."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:36 pm

CONFIRMED: Dima Van Hall to Retire After Spa

As announced by co-owner/driver Tony Long, 32 year old Dima Van Hall will retire from active competition after the Spa GP. After the race, Dima will move in to a car owner role for Tony Long Autosport along side Ryan Long.

"My legacy has been set, I have won in everything I have driven in. Spa is a personal favorite track of mine so I felt finishing my career at my favorite track is the way I wanted to go out." Dima said.

"As a driver, Dima will bring a lot of experience to the table to help Romain, myself, and future T.L.A. drivers" Tony said. "His vast experience from his 13 year career will be a major boost to all of us."

In his 13 year career, Dima Van Hall has won 36 races, 3 championships spanning 4 major racing series. When it comes to driving 4 wheeled vehicles, he has won in everything he has driven. He drove in sports cars, stock cars, and open wheeled cars.

He found most of his success in his time as a sports car driver. In his sports car career, Dima won 22 of his 36 races and 2 of his 3 championships. His major accomplishments in sports cars was becoming the first driver from Denmark to be a class winner in the 24 hour races at Le Mans, Spa, and Daytona.

Dima's open wheeled career saw 4 wins and only 4 points short of a championship in his only year of competition.

Dima's final 10 wins and last championship came in his stock career. His championship came as a result of a dramatic 318 point swing in the final 7 races of the season, winning 4 races and never finishing outside of the top 5 in that stretch.

As he got into his 30's, Dima's successes came few and far between, winning only 2 races after his 30th birthday, but he still found himself consistently in the top 15.

"I wish my prime could have lasted longer but that is how life happened for me" Dima said. "If we win Spa, it will be the high note to put my career as a driver to an emotional end. I will miss racing a great deal, but this will open up many opportunities to be a behind the scenes mechanic, a co-owner of Tony Long Autosport, and some managerial roles."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Tony Long Autosport: "We Have an Idea for a 3rd Driver"

As Tony Long Autosport look towards the 2017 Dash Cup Super Stocks season, a rumor has surfaced that they have assembled a "5-7 driver list" of who they will try to get for a possible 3rd ride.

While the specific number of drivers was not given, they did give the names of 3 drivers they have some interest in contacting.

The first driver they have shown interest in is Kasten Rosengard of Autosport Roden. Rosengard has shown signs of being a very talented driver in the single car team.

"Kasten is somebody that could be a future star in Dash Cup" Tony Long said. "Kasten is rated very highly on our list to try and bring him in to a full time effort with some teammates."

Another name they dropped was 2015 Oval Stocks champion Perrie Forrister.

"We(T.L.A.) all feel that Perrie has the pace, but I guarantee you that Perrie will be looking for a car that doesn't have a big bang almost every race weekend."

A 3rd name they released was the highly sought for Emily Brannagan.

"Emily has proven to everyone she can handle the big time" Tony said. "I have a few worries that I am going to keep private that is making the team hesitant to contact her for a full time drive with us next year."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:31 am

Tony Long Wins in Sprint 1 for Aspira Juniors at Oulton Park

After qualifying in 9th for sprint 1, Tony Long went in to the race with good feelings.

"Like I said after my... interesting Super Stocks race, I probably put down 75 laps at Oulton. I felt going in to the race weekend that I could pull some decent results from Aspira Juniors."

As the race wore on, Tony's car had turned from a race car to a "rocket ship."

"The car just took off. We were able to go by people with relative ease" Tony said. "I didn't realize that I could get close within the few amount of laps we were given to race."

Tony pulled the move of the race going in to International Bend. Coming in to the corner in 3rd, he managed to pass Courtney Fransisco for 2nd, then using the lap car of Will Pennington as a pick to get by leader Kris Wascher. After the completing the stellar maneuver, he made Dieter Ziegler proud by turning the lapped car of Pennington in to the wall.

"Will was a little slower than I expected. I tried to pull to the inside of him in the kink and I caught him in the right rear corner and turned him. I didn't mean to turn him but it was something that happened that we both could have handled differently."

Tony would end up pulling away from Wascher and Fransisco and take his 1st career Dash Cup victory and 3rd of his career.

The interview after the race saw an emotional Tony Long be in pure happiness after the rough start that he has had since moving from Muskegon, Michigan to England with his older brother Ryan.

"All of this goes to my older brother. He works his rear end off to not only be a lawyer but to also be a major influence in keeping this team going. He makes sure that we have the haulers ready, we have directions to all the tracks, and to keep getting sponsors to help us out."

"This is a victory for all of us at Tony Long Autosport. We work so hard every day to keep making our cars faster that any little victory in development or on the race track is something we celebrate. After sprint 2, we will definitely celebrate this triumph and hope the future will be bringing more results."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Tony Long Autosport Sign Kris Wascher for 2017

Tony Long Autosport's search for a 3rd driver has ended by signing fellow Aspira Juniors driver Kris Wascher.

"Kris has shown me that he is capable of winning" Tony said. "Kris will bring a class act with the potential to become a future champion. I am extremely excited about this signing."

With the signing of Wascher, Tony Long Autosport's goal of a 3 car lineup has been set. Kris will bring in his sponsorship from Red Bull and KTM and will drive his familiar 906 car.

Tony Long Autosport also made the announcement during this same press conference of the car they will be driving next year. T.L.A. will drive Volpi's next year alongside Proline GP if they decide to stay with Volpi.

The 3 car lineup will look accordingly:

191 - Romain Carpant
906 - Kris Wascher
919 - Tony Long

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down