Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Did You Get Your First Win?

+17
Cynon
Ben Atkins
BooyakaDragon
Magus978
conrail1990
Tanrar
Electric Wolf
Rovenami
Lucstar88
bsoyuz
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
gone-sovereign
f1fan12
Syzygy
day500champ1
navycook75
The_Wall_91
21 posters

Go down

How Did You Get Your First Win? Empty How Did You Get Your First Win?

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun May 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Like the topic says, how has all the sim racers here won your first race. I will go first.

My first win happened on July 17th, 2014. The win came almost 3 years after my first online race.

I was racing in the NORL's version of the All-Star Race at Daytona. There was, including myself, 11 drivers in the race. In NR4 on arcade mode, you could go 31 laps on a full tank, if lucky. The last restart began with 31 laps to go. I pitted the lap before to top off on feul. As the run went on, I was expecting another caution to fly, but it never did. With 2 laps to go, I was about 3/4 of a lap short of making it going full throttle.

On the last lap, I was hoping my fuel could last just enough to hold on for the win. Coming out of turn 2, the car starts sputtering. When I entered turn 3, the engine shuts off and I am running on pure momentum. I came out of turn 4 with a 35 second lead going 120 MPH and slowly losing speed. On Teamspeak, everyone was cheering me on to win the race. I entered the tri-oval going 90 MPH and with a 24 second lead. I realized I was going to win.

When I crossed the finish line, I had no fuel, had a 12 second lead, and was going a whopping 68 MPH. The car finally stopped when I entered turn 1.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

How Did You Get Your First Win? Empty Re: How Did You Get Your First Win?

Post by navycook75 Sun May 22, 2016 9:12 pm

How Did You Get Your First Win? 182741_563826573662435_5755554_n

The last lap felt like forever.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun May 22, 2016 9:19 pm

It was in GOMA'S then Lights series at Iowa. Was in 2nd on the last lap and the leader slid up the track into turn 3, and I was able to stick the bottom and passed him out of 4 coming to the finish.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Sun May 22, 2016 10:12 pm

My first win was in the GOMA (then ISRA) Cup Series at Daytona early in the year in 2013.  Midway through the race I was involved in an accident and did a blowover, but the car landed back on its wheels with barely any damage.  Fast-forward to the end of the race and we had a one-lap shootout for the win.  Restarted 5th, guy in 3rd got a black flag for passing below the yellow line and I followed him to the front when he opened up a gap on the bottom.
How Did You Get Your First Win? 7705_542991635745929_1818356999_n

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sun May 22, 2016 10:26 pm

GOMA Lights @ Las Vegas... Ike (Durbin) had the fastest car all race with mine being the only thing that would come near him. Ike then got shuffled back under caution, and for the 6th time all season, got flipped over. That gave me the lead until a hard charging Robert Nelson came up behind me, which I promptly dispatched him by "rubbing his door!" (Actually more like slamming him into the wall, but that's my story and I am staying with it) Nelson from what I remember, was not happy about the way I won that race.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Mon May 23, 2016 8:57 am

First win at GOMA was in Season 4 Trucks at Homestead-Miami. Only eight people showed up: Batista, Luc, Tanner, Leckliter, Katherine, Gabe, Ryan, and myself. Batista was the most competitive, he and I were the only ones who could keep it full throttle in the corners. I started second I think, and managed to hold him off for most of the race. On one occasion he and I got together and we both spun, warranting the yellow, but both of us kept going. He lost his engine in the last half, from then on it was smooth sailing. Won by a little less than a second over Leckliter.

Also going to include this because I consider it a more satisfying race victory: My first win at Solstice was the Season 6 Dash Series opener at Daytona. I had a special car painted for this race; usually when I'm racing Xfinity cars I run a #64 Coca-Cola car, and since it was the week after Independence Day, Tanner had suggested I run a Share A Coke car and put a bunch of people's names on the hood, like what Dale Earnhardt, Jr. had done for Talladega in 2009. I managed to stay up front most of the race; ran solidly in the Top 5 and was able to dodge a few wrecks as well. High line started to form with five to go, and I was second in line on the low line pushing the #84. He abandons the low line to the white flag, allowing me to slip into the lead. The #2 car forces three wide for the race lead, hooks the #84 in the short chute entering Turn 1 and causes a wreck. I get clipped by the #84 on the right side, but I was able to save it on the apron. Wetz was able to get a run on me down the backstretch, but I held him off to the checkered flag and won by about a car length. To this date I have more Daytona wins than Leckliter, which at least in my mind voids all the championships he has. :3

Last edited by kensethfan on Tue May 24, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon May 23, 2016 9:19 am

day500champ1 wrote:It was in GOMA'S then Lights series at Iowa.  Was in 2nd on the last lap and the leader slid up the track into turn 3, and I was able to stick the bottom and passed him out of 4 coming to the finish.
My memory is bad, but I'm pretty sure that was me. If it was, fuck you. It it wasn't, congrats.

My first win came at Bristol in GOMA Lights, and I did it by bump-and-running Barney Ward on a G-W-C.

The closet I got to winning before that was Ben Atkins and I predicting this year's All-Star race by battling late at Charlotte in NTS
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon May 23, 2016 10:21 am

My first win was in GOMA Lights at Kansas. I remember getting involved in the second caution (literally avoidance by scraping the outside wall) and being hit on pit road by Kathy, but that didn't mattered at all. After that i ran inside the top 5 for the rest of that race. During the only green flag pitstop cycle of the event I got out in 2nd and Ike (Rykia) was in the lead, however broke the pit speed limit, what left me alone, taking the win with a three second lead. I legit don't know how I won this race until this day.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon May 23, 2016 11:24 am

Won the GOMA lights race at Phoenix, after being so close plenty of times. I was 6th with fresh rubber, and just had a great restart (Which as clean :O) and passed all of them in the first turn. Held off the pack on a final restart and won.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Mon May 23, 2016 1:10 pm

I don't remember what exactly happened, but the one online race I won was when I first starting out at iRacing, and knowing the nature of E-Class races they were mainly demo-derbies ESPECIALLY at USA International. In one of the races at Charlotte, I somehow managed to avoid the wrecks in front of me and I held off a hard-charging 2nd place driver (His name slipped by me) and the rest is history.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm

Lime Rock Park, GOMA Lights, May 2015. Barney had been suspended after something happened in F5 practice so he wasn't there. I mainly had Leckliter and Dave Daniel as my two competitors. I passed Leckliter early on iirc and I held on for a long while until he ended up wrecking it. Dave spun off once and lost a lot of ground, so I held composure with a healthy lead and cruised away with it. Dunno if it's entirely out of the question to say it was given to me since Leckliter seemed to have about as good a car as myself, but it's my first win of three in total.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Formula 5 at Atlanta, I was up front for a lot of the race, but I was constantly stuck behind Ben and Barney the whole race. With about 5 to go, Barney makes a rather interesting move to say the least, and winds up wrecking himself and Ben. I honest to god felt time slow down for a moment, and managed to squeak through the wreck. That's the only win I have to date, but damn if it wasn't a fun one.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Mon May 23, 2016 10:41 pm

My first win was about 2007-2008ish. We were racing at Talladega in NR2003 in a Superspeedway series with a league that will remain unnamed. With less then 10 to go a caution came out. Everyone pitted but I stayed out and took the lead under caution. Of all things it was a G-W-C finish. Once the green came back out it was single file behind me up until the back stretch on the final lap.

Tyler Ellery was behind me and going down the back he attempted to pass me below the yellow line. I threw my car down there as a block. I was racing with keyboard at the time and all of my assists were up. Ellery hit the back of my car and the resistance of my car spun him back onto the track and took out half the pack. This left me out front with little resistance as I came back around. Although a good fight to the finish I was penalized for causing the crash.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue May 24, 2016 12:08 am

I never won the thing.

Maybe in 2017. Sad

Watch this space Razz
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue May 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:It was in GOMA'S then Lights series at Iowa.  Was in 2nd on the last lap and the leader slid up the track into turn 3, and I was able to stick the bottom and passed him out of 4 coming to the finish.
My memory is bad, but I'm pretty sure that was me. If it was, fuck you. It it wasn't, congrats.

Damn you remember...oh I mean thanks.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Tue May 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Nobody made a move on me in a SS League race at Proving Grounds......thrilling I know.

For Non SS tracks, my first was a "Indy 500" (More like 200) win in an IndyCar league about a year back. It was an open setup race and only 3 people in the field bothered to make a setup and after having a 20 second lead they all wrecked. Other incidents reduced a 20 car field to a 10 car one with only two competitive cars remaining, mine and the league owners'. I blocked him for the final laps (Something that should have gotten me black flagged in real life I'd bet) and held on to win.

I should probably try racing GOMA again.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue May 24, 2016 5:56 pm

About 2010, I raced in some All-Star weekend thing, and I won the open because I was the only guy not slamming the wall every lap.

A few months later, I got my first GOMA win with F5 at Chicagoland because everyone was letting off taking care of their engines and I went for it earlier than everyone and worked my way to the front. By the time other people were going for it, I'd already got the lead and no-one really could make a move. I think I led the most laps that race too.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 pm

2007-2008 (can't remember, don't care), a caution with 2 to go put me second, and the guy who got wrecked intentionally wrecked the leader, who ended up getting the caution (and an EOLL penalty), anyway.

First points win?

Well...

So Ellery jumps out from the pit lane access road in front of traffic. I slam on the brakes to miss him. I do, and keep going, but the rest of the field is long gone. So I'm toodling around and with three laps to go I chirp; "You know it would be nice if you all wrecked up there." Next lap, 9 car is cartwheeling in the infield. No caution. So I respond with; "Well that's a start." or something to that effect.  

Next time by the start finish, the entire rest of the field is junked. I backed it down to like 110 and rubbernecked my way past the carnage. I distinctly remember the guy in the 17 car laughing his ass off after I moseyed on past the carnage.

The finish is on Youtube and I only put it there because it's spectacular. Laughing

Most all of my race wins are a result of me stealing them because other people crash or they kill their tires. I think only like 3 or 4 of them are races I controlled and was fast in the whole way through. I guess if you spend enough time knocking down every wall and exploring every gravel trap in sight you figure out how to suck less. Laughing

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Thu May 26, 2016 2:10 pm

I got my first win after about 5-6 months after starting in what is now GOMA. I had been so close but had never been able to seal the deal. It's the GOMA Cup Series at Indy, and I was fast, but in 2nd with about 4 to go. Joe was in the lead and his wheel pizza'd itself the next lap, caused him to wreck and bring out the caution, and I brought it home under yellow for my first win. Razz
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu May 26, 2016 8:11 pm

f1fan12 wrote:GOMA Lights @ Las Vegas... Ike (Durbin) had the fastest car all race with mine being the only thing that would come near him. Ike then got shuffled back under caution, and for the 6th time all season, got flipped over. That gave me the lead until a hard charging Robert Nelson came up behind me, which I promptly dispatched him by "rubbing his door!" (Actually more like slamming him into the wall, but that's my story and I am staying with it) Nelson from what I remember, was not happy about the way I won that race.

:_:

bsoyuz wrote:My first win was in GOMA Lights at Kansas. I remember getting involved in the second caution (literally avoidance by scraping the outside wall) and being hit on pit road by Kathy, but that didn't mattered at all. After that i ran inside the top 5 for the rest of that race. During the only  green flag pitstop cycle of the event I got out in 2nd and Ike (Rykia) was in the lead, however broke the pit speed limit, what left me alone, taking the win with a three second lead. I legit don't know how I won this race until this day.

:____:

(mfw I only sped because I accidentally upshifted and it bumped me up over 50mph Sad )

My only win to date was a non-points event, the Season 11 GOMA Cup Shootout.  Josh Batista had led a lot of the race, with myself and a few others swapping the lead intermittently as well.  Something happened with Batista, and then a caution came out with just a couple laps to go, so it was a race back to the line for the win between myself and Steve Rada.  Ben was in third and pushed me to the line, beating Rada by a half a length or so.  Pretty sure Rada still bitches that Ben didn't help him win that one, but whatever.

I nearly won the Daytona 150 the next day as well, but got loose in turn two on a one-lap shootout and fell to fourth.

How Did You Get Your First Win? 7OXYzqLl

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMayor44 Thu May 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Lights win at Texas World. Barney led with 2 to go after I got passed by him and Dawson on the restart the lap before, he pushed hard up the track in turn 3&4, Dawson and I snuck under him, Dawson led the white flag with me pushing his bumper, he pushed up in 1&2, I snuck under him, blocked barney coming down the backstretch, and took the checkered in first.

Second win is arguably more exciting at the finish, third win you suckers somehow managed to let me eat you all alive at IRPORPLORP.
TheMayor44
TheMayor44
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:11 am

My first win came at Daytona in what was then ISRA's Truck Series. I crossed the line 2nd (#3 truck), but the person who had crossed the line first had caused the wreck coming to the checkered flag, resulting in a EOLL penalty for him and a win for me. Video of the finish is below:

BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum