Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Indianapolis 500

+19
gone-sovereign
BWard
navycook75
PYLrulz
Magus978
NASCARLOVER427
Memoriesallbutdone
Ben Atkins
RetrogradeRenegade
Pyrozooka0
AntmanB
PackerMan71
RyanB06
Alta
JMac525
f1fan12
The_Wall_91
SpeedDemon37
bigdc48
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2016 Indianapolis 500 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Indianapolis 500

Post by Mother of Invention Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 am

Ben Atkins wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Am I the only one who thought that the Bell/Karam wreck was caused by Karam. Or is my bias against Karam showing again? Very Happy

Definitely your bias showing. Townsend moved up pretty blatantly, while Karam held his line. Only think you can fault Karam on is maybe not giving enough space, but had it been any of the other drivers in the field, it wouldn't have been a crash.

Karam could have and should have backed out though.

That being said, I think Bell took a bad angle into the corner and that's why he got loose and into Karam.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue May 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:Am I the only one who thought that the Bell/Karam wreck was caused by Karam. Or is my bias against Karam showing again? Very Happy

Definitely your bias showing. Townsend moved up pretty blatantly, while Karam held his line. Only think you can fault Karam on is maybe not giving enough space, but had it been any of the other drivers in the field, it wouldn't have been a crash.

Karam could have and should have backed out though.

That being said, I think Bell took a bad angle into the corner and that's why he got loose and into Karam.

I don't think he should've backed out, we saw plenty of evidence side-by-side is possible in the corners, if both drivers hold a stable line.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:28 pm

We all remember the last time that the Bryan Herta car #98 was in victory lane at Indianapolis, and this instance was just as memorable. That car has won both the 100th anniversary and the 100th running of the race.

While I concur that Bell drove rather recklessly around other cars on the track, I don't think that the pit road crash was his fault. With Hunter-Reay leaving his stall right after Bell left his, it looked like the #29 was going to hit the #28 if it didn't hit the #3. And I wouldn't be so quick to put all of the blame on him for Karam's crash, either. Neither of them backed out in a situation where it wasn't obvious as to if either of them "should" have backed out, and Karam did drive his car a little lower than most. I'd honestly consider it to be a racing accident.

Needless to say, this race was spectacular in its own right, and the prestige and the anticipation of this event are almost certain to make it regarded as one of the greatest in history. How lucky are we that we all got to witness it!

With a sold-out crowd at the track to watch the race (and who knows how many more on television) and so much attention from the media, I am very happy that the race turned out to be so captivating and so memorable. Not that I expect it to have an immediate, dramatic effect, but I really hope that the attention from this year's 500 will help IndyCar to slowly regain its prominence and its fan base in the years to come.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2