Nascar @ Richmond

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nascar @ Richmond

Post by AntmanB on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:43 am

After a Surprising weekend at Bristol for both Series, Nascar heads to the 3/4th Mile TRack in Virginia. 41 Cars are entered for both series, meaning someone will Finally DNQ for a cup Race. This will also the first Planned cup day race at the Track since 1997. Also Tony Stewart will return to the 14 Car after His Injury during the offseason. he has Been Granted a Chase Waver for the 8 Races He Missed. Mad (at least they are being Consistent for once, i Guess.)


Cup Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2016/story/_/page/09-Richmond-2016-Entry-List

Xfinity Entry List http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2016/story/_/page/08-Richmond-NXS-2016-Entry-List
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1453
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Cynon on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 am

Richmond always leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because it used to produce good racing before the COT. Like, really good racing. [s]Maybe because Rusty put Gordon in the wall once.[/s]

Not like Texas or Charlotte which have always been kinda bad.

Might be interesting to see who the one poor sap that has to go home is... but either qualifying just doesn't hold the same excitement it did even in 2004 (which also had risks of short fields and ARCA teams showed up) or I'm just old and grumpy.

Ryan Ellis, Jeff Earnhardt, Josh Wise, Cole Whitt, Reed Sorenson as the backmarkers is kinda exciting on paper since it's two largely unproven talents, a guy who shared a ride with Danica and Dogecoin, a VERY underrated driver in a really bad car, and a guy who won three Busch races for Ganassi... like 10 years ago. Admittedly, I'm more interested in Ellis and Earnhardt but on paper that's not the most boring 5-way battle to make the field that I've ever seen. Possibly because, of those four, the guy who is the biggest unknown (Ellis) probably has the best car!

I think Earnhardt is locked in (EDIT: he is) so I have a feeling Sorenson is going to be the man going home, barring some unexpected trouble for one of the other open teams.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 20
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Sayre
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3086
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by AntmanB on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:30 am

Honestly, I'm interested to see who the line dnq is, mainly cause we haven't had once since Daytona.
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1453
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:57 am

AntmanB wrote:After a Surprising weekend at Bristol for both Series, Nascar heads to the 3/4th Mile TRack in Virginia.  41 Cars are entered for both series, meaning someone will Finally DNQ for a cup Race. This will also the first Planned cup day race at the Track since 1997. Also Tony Stewart will return to the 14 Car after His Injury during the offseason. he has Been Granted a Chase Waver for the 8 Races He Missed.  Mad (at least they are being Consistent for once, i Guess.)


Cup Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2016/story/_/page/09-Richmond-2016-Entry-List

Xfinity Entry List http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2016/story/_/page/08-Richmond-NXS-2016-Entry-List

Why are you angry at NASCAR finally being consistent?
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 671
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 15
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Lucstar88 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Cole Whitt would be the lone DNQ if qualifying is rained out.
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Lucstar88 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Q has indeed been cancelled. 98 goes home

top 10 is 4,22,48,19,11,2,41,5,18,47
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Cynon on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:06 pm

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
AntmanB wrote:After a Surprising weekend at Bristol for both Series, Nascar heads to the 3/4th Mile TRack in Virginia.  41 Cars are entered for both series, meaning someone will Finally DNQ for a cup Race. This will also the first Planned cup day race at the Track since 1997. Also Tony Stewart will return to the 14 Car after His Injury during the offseason. he has Been Granted a Chase Waver for the 8 Races He Missed.  Mad (at least they are being Consistent for once, i Guess.)


Cup Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2016/story/_/page/09-Richmond-2016-Entry-List

Xfinity Entry List http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2016/story/_/page/08-Richmond-NXS-2016-Entry-List

Why are you angry at NASCAR finally being consistent?

IMO its a crap rule but the championship has been cheapened so much that it hardly matters. Stewart will probably run 35th the rest of the year anyway.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 20
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Sayre
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3086
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by AntmanB on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:23 pm

So it sounds like the Xfinity heats weren't a good idea at all........
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1453
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:22 pm

So Jr. won the Xfinity race. Okay then...
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2582
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:28 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:So Jr. won the Xfinity race. Okay then...

*Yawn*

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 651
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 19
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:41 pm

It got wacky at the end. Really wasn't anything special.

JR won so i am kinda glad?
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by BooyakaDragon on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm

This season man lol
avatar
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 398
Join date : 2013-11-06
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm

CARL EDWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4496
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Alta on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Aight race. Great finish. Edwards is a proper rudeboi lol.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3966
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by AntmanB on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Race was ok. Surprised Kyle Didn't go crybaby in his post race interview.


Next up ........... Talladega. Oh boy.
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1453
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:29 pm

AntmanB wrote:Race was ok. Surprised Kyle Didn't go crybaby in his post race interview.

I have no respect for Kyle, but he has been a bit better with his words since then.

AntmanB wrote:Next up ........... Talladega. Oh boy.

As long as Harvick is barred from competing, we should be fine.
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 671
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 15
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:19 pm

While the race did have more side-by-side, I in particular just found it very boring. I was happy to see Smoke return for his final season, but highlighting that he's in a position battle for 20th isn't exactly my idea of thrilling. Got to hand it to Edwards though, bumping and running your now teammate was awesome rather then just letting him get his 3rd win of the season. Rookies struggled overall this race which rookies will do at many tracks. And props to Kyle for being more mature about the finish, rather then well...this

avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 630
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by f1fan12 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:10 am

Didn't watch the race because IndyCar was on. So I honestly don't know what happened. The finish looked really good, but how was the race itself? I have heard nothing about the first 399 laps.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:57 am

f1fan12 wrote:Didn't watch the race because IndyCar was on. So I honestly don't know what happened. The finish looked really good,  but how was the race itself?  I have heard nothing about the first 399 laps.
It wasn't thrilling, but no one truly dominated the race which kept it interesting. Lots of comers and goes throughout the race.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Nascar @ Richmond

Post by zfitzwater599 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:58 pm

There was passing in that race alot of passes to be quite honest that nobody has seened at Richmond in quite sometime
avatar
zfitzwater599
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 358
Join date : 2014-10-07
Age : 25
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum