Equalizing Ratings Effect in Papy_AI.ini

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Equalizing Ratings Effect in Papy_AI.ini

Post by TheFallenHaveRisen on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:42 am

I'm running a series with my friends where they pick which ratings are strengths and which ratings are weaknesses for their drivers. Is there any way in the Papy_AI.ini file to make it so each thing has an equal impact. I tried setting everything to 1.0 but that just crashes the game when I try to run a race Laughing
avatar
TheFallenHaveRisen
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 128
Join date : 2013-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Equalizing Ratings Effect in Papy_AI.ini

Post by Rykia on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 am

If I were you, I would reset each one back to the default setting, then adjust by a half a tenth to a tenth either way, then adjust accordingly. For example, I turned vehicle_aero_to_aero_drag down from 0.19 to 0.13 to get the results I was looking for.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Equalizing Ratings Effect in Papy_AI.ini

Post by Cynon on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Addendum to what Rykia posted, some of the AI values have other names throughout all of the NR2003 files.

You can do all kinds of fun stuff, like insane amounts of transmission lag. Very Happy

Also, the reason your game crashed is that one of the AI cars you were using had a value so low that the spread defined in papy_ai that it rendered the car unable to actually move on its own. F5 regulars are probably familiar with this happening about every 2 or 3 races not too long ago. It's also how I've gotten some of the more... special AI drivers in TM Master Cup (Keaton, Nagata, Velocity at Fontana, most of the crapwagons in 2011) to behave the way they do and be as godawful as they were.

Turning the spreads up high might not make for the closest racing throughout the field, but it will place higher rewards for AI ratings. The first time I played with this was the TM Master Cup Spa rain race where Rainsford had like a minute lead and despite having one of the worst pit stops ever still won by like 30 seconds. I think she was also one of only two or three cars not to go off course at one point. I really had no idea what was going to happen because IIRC that race was a huge smashfest.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 20
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Sayre
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3086
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Equalizing Ratings Effect in Papy_AI.ini

Post by Mother of Invention on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Cynon wrote:Addendum to what Rykia posted, some of the AI values have other names throughout all of the NR2003 files.

You can do all kinds of fun stuff, like insane amounts of transmission lag. Very Happy

Also, the reason your game crashed is that one of the AI cars you were using had a value so low that the spread defined in papy_ai that it rendered the car unable to actually move on its own. F5 regulars are probably familiar with this happening about every 2 or 3 races not too long ago. It's also how I've gotten some of the more... special AI drivers in TM Master Cup (Keaton, Nagata, Velocity at Fontana, most of the crapwagons in 2011) to behave the way they do and be as godawful as they were.

Turning the spreads up high might not make for the closest racing throughout the field, but it will place higher rewards for AI ratings. The first time I played with this was the TM Master Cup Spa rain race where Rainsford had like a minute lead and despite having one of the worst pit stops ever still won by like 30 seconds. I think she was also one of only two or three cars not to go off course at one point. I really had no idea what was going to happen because IIRC that race was a huge smashfest.

I'm curious, what do I need to edit to get the failboat cars to be failboat cars?
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Equalizing Ratings Effect in Papy_AI.ini

Post by Cynon on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Cynon wrote:Addendum to what Rykia posted, some of the AI values have other names throughout all of the NR2003 files.

You can do all kinds of fun stuff, like insane amounts of transmission lag. Very Happy

Also, the reason your game crashed is that one of the AI cars you were using had a value so low that the spread defined in papy_ai that it rendered the car unable to actually move on its own. F5 regulars are probably familiar with this happening about every 2 or 3 races not too long ago. It's also how I've gotten some of the more... special AI drivers in TM Master Cup (Keaton, Nagata, Velocity at Fontana, most of the crapwagons in 2011) to behave the way they do and be as godawful as they were.

Turning the spreads up high might not make for the closest racing throughout the field, but it will place higher rewards for AI ratings. The first time I played with this was the TM Master Cup Spa rain race where Rainsford had like a minute lead and despite having one of the worst pit stops ever still won by like 30 seconds. I think she was also one of only two or three cars not to go off course at one point. I really had no idea what was going to happen because IIRC that race was a huge smashfest.

I'm curious, what do I need to edit to get the failboat cars to be failboat cars?

There's like 10 different settings you can play with to make the crapwagon cars even more crap. Anything with the word "spread" in it is usually a good place to start.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 20
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Sayre
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3086
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum