AI Pitting Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AI Pitting Questions

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:11 am

Which ini values would be best to edit to prevent the AI from colliding on pit lane? I downloaded the Hermanos Rodriguez oval and the cars collide in the pits constantly.

Also, speeding appears to be an issue. Is that something that can also be corrected by ini edits, or is it going to be an lp change?
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AI Pitting Questions

Post by Cynon on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 am

Cardinals5 wrote:Which ini values would be best to edit to prevent the AI from colliding on pit lane? I downloaded the Hermanos Rodriguez oval and the cars collide in the pits constantly.

ai_panic_decel (I regularly make this some astronomical value like 35000) and ai_dlat_pad are the first to check out. But it also depends on the type of collisions. Are they rear ending each other or clipping each other on their way into/out of their stalls? If they are clipping each other like that, there's a value that controls how late they turn into their pit stalls... something like stall approach or stall entry, which controls from what side they enter their stall and how early/late they turn in. Turning it "down" (closer to 0) makes them enter later. Too late and they will moonwalk into their pit stalls. 5 or 6 (or -5/-6, depending on what the value is already) is usually safe.

Cardinals5 wrote:Also, speeding appears to be an issue. Is that something that can also be corrected by ini edits, or is it going to be an lp change?

Are they getting black flags or no? If not, then it might be a track surface issue which means Sandbox (hey, it's a good excuse to learn to use it). Piggz Stadium has the same issue (among others that I was too lazy to change at the time) -- there's actually no pit speed limit on that track except (I think) right at pit entry.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3102
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AI Pitting Questions

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Cynon wrote:ai_panic_decel (I regularly make this some astronomical value like 35000) and ai_dlat_pad are the first to check out. But it also depends on the type of collisions. Are they rear ending each other or clipping each other on their way into/out of their stalls? If they are clipping each other like that, there's a value that controls how late they turn into their pit stalls... something like stall approach or stall entry, which controls from what side they enter their stall and how early/late they turn in. Turning it "down" (closer to 0) makes them enter later. Too late and they will moonwalk into their pit stalls. 5 or 6 (or -5/-6, depending on what the value is already) is usually safe.

The issue is clipping. I'll try messing with that approach value (I think it's set to 40 or 50 as the default); maybe down to 10 or so should help.

Cynon wrote:Are they getting black flags or no? If not, then it might be a track surface issue which means Sandbox (hey, it's a good excuse to learn to use it). Piggz Stadium has the same issue (among others that I was too lazy to change at the time) -- there's actually no pit speed limit on that track except (I think) right at pit entry.

They're definitely getting black flags...it looks like the AI accelerates before they hit the "pit start" line, which takes them over the speed limit, at which point they'll brake hard to maintain the speed limit. This happens under caution too.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AI Pitting Questions

Post by fortine_oo on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:47 am

mexico oval pit fix

Pit road is too narrow to support three pit lp's.
You can create some new pit lp's, not a bad idea because they're not the best, but it's not absolutely required.
Maxpit0.lp is kinda close to the wall, but it will work. Make a copy of maxpit0.lp and rename it pit0.lp.
This in effect only allows two lanes of traffic on pit road.
This, along with the track.ini changes, will get the ai in/out of their pit boxes as uneventfully as possible without having to change any pit stall track.ini locations.

The pit penalty was not for speeding but for "unsafe" exiting. All it takes to correct it is < lane_merge_dlong = 296.0 > (was 235.00).

[ pit_lane_0 ]
; AI stuff
merge_from_pit_line_dlong = 409.0                  ; dlong at which cars leaving pits will merge to race line
merge_to_pit_line_dlong = 1450.0                   ; dlong at which cars entering pits will merge to pit line
merge_to_pit_line_length =  112.0                  ; length of merge window
pit_lane_end_dlong = 295.54                        ; dlong where pit lane proper ends
pit_lane_start_dlong = 1638.34         ; dlong where pit lane proper begins
slow_pit_line_dlat_offset = 4 ;2         ; track-specific dlat_offset of 2nd slower pit line (0 if N/A)
stall_exit_goal_dlat_offset = 3.5 ;4.85        ; goal dlat offset (+ left) for the pit stall exit cubic line
stall_exit_goal_dlong_offset = 8.0 ;18         ; goal dlong offset (ahead) for the pit stall exit cubic line
begin_stall_entry_offset = 100.0` ;30.0       ; offset at which to begin entering the pit stall
begin_stall_approach_offset = 12.0 ;30.0       ; offset at which to begin approaching the pit stall
lane_merge_dlong = 296.0 ;235.00 ; Dlong which you must remain on the apron when exiting the pits


fortine_oo
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-04-05
Location : Los Angeles, Ca, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AI Pitting Questions

Post by Cardinals5 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Looks like that helped immensely! Thanks!
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum