Race 16: Indianapolis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race 16: Indianapolis

Post by Cynon on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Results
Spoiler:
Reject of the Race: Inglesby & Juneau
Somehow qualified their regular cars into the race, and their pace disappeared quicker than Harry Houdini. Only Chris Johaanes capitalizing on the last caution saved them from complete ignominy.

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Race 16: Indianapolis

Post by Magus978 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Spoiler:
No Points, but No Shame for Gaffigan

Kyle Gaffigan barely timed his way into the Round of Indianapolis, starting 41st in his first start in the TM Master Cup Series, and despite first lap handling issues, he was patient and kept his car clean, eventually ending up with a chance at points on the final restart. Unfortunately he was not able to get by the cars ahead of him, as he finished out of the points. However, Gaffigan was upbeat about the performance and hoped for more opportunities in the future.

"After that first lap contact with Blackwell, the car seemed to stabilize and I was able to keep it clean. We had a chance for points at the end, but the speed just wasn't there to get by the other lapped cars. Still, I had a great time and it was fun being part of the series this week. I hope I can get some more opportunities in the future, because I think I proved to some degree that I belong" Gaffigan said confidently after the race.
Magus978
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:04 pm

TMMC:

Woodard frustrated after early race incident.

Woodard was heard chewing out Chris Davenport after the race over their early race incident. Several of Woodard's crew members had to stop him from knocking Davenport's lights out.

"I hope that he gets docked, hard." Woodard said and then went back to his hauler, fuming the way over.
gwoodard41

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dkracer on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 am

Spoiler:
dkracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Location : Los Angeles/30 Minutes From Toyota Speedway at Irwindale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:11 am

Spoiler:
Atlantic Motorsports celebrate first double points finish, top 10 with Hewitt

It was a good week for Atlantic Motorsports before the race had even started as both of their cars eased their way into the Round of Indianapolis. As a result, the aim for the race was to better their 2012 showing of finishing 20th and 21st. While this seemed like a task that was nearly implausible, the team did this, and emphatically.

Hannah Percy was the first of the Atlantic cars to qualify the race, and the story of how James Hewitt made the race was highlighted during the race broadcast by Dan Mullen, who noted that when Percy qualified, they pulled out her backup car and tried to qualify Hewitt in that car, doing so successfully in the same round as Percy, against all odds. However, it was yet to get more extraordinary for the TM Lights race winner, as through good speed and good fortune in the pit cycle and the timing of the races second caution period, Hewitt managed to bring his car home in 10th place; Atlantic Motorsports first top 10 since Ben Atkins' fifth place run at Quebec in 2012.

Percy managed to bring home a solid result herself, as the Dash Cup championship favourite secured a 15th place finish, not only impressing her team and proving her worth, but also pulling herself back into the running for the Independent's Trophy, as she sits 10th in points with two races left in hand.

"This was a incredible race for us!" said Percy, "It definitely helped me out a lot that the leaders seemed to have a lot of issues as that helped me stay on the lead lap, but I'm just so happy that we got home in one piece with such a good finishing position!"

With the possibility of being a contender for the Independent's Trophy emerging seemingly from nowhere, it would be safe to assume that this would add some pressure to Percy, as she is also currently leading the points in the Dash Cup series, also for Atlantic Motorsports, but Percy insists that rather than being nervous, she is elated to even have the opportunity to be doing well in both series.

"I'm not really worried about what happens. Obviously I'd love to win both the Dash Cup championship and the Independent's Trophy, but I'm just excited to be out here, and to be so competitive! I love racing, and as long as I can go fast and have fun, I'll continue to love it!"

Percy was not the only one left excited after the Round of Indianapolis as Ben Atkins, Percy's fiancé, despite missing the race in his Tutino, was pleased with how things went in the race, and was particularly impressed with a certain driver in the field.

"James Hewitt is going to be huge." said Atkins, "You don't come to Indianapolis in a back up and finish top 10 without having an extreme amount of talent. There's a reason I help fund his TM Lights car, and he's just shown right there why. I fully expect to be racing with him in the series next year, because all of these teams will be missing out if they don't sign him up!"

Atlantic Motorsports will be present at the next two events on the TM Master Cup calendar, as Hannah Percy continues her quest for the Independent's Trophy down under, where she will round off her attempt to earn the trophy.

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 79 (Latest - GOMA F5 at Vancouver [03/24/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:42 am

Spoiler:
Fochesato Pleased With Results in Round of Indianapolis
3 August 2014

The second crown jewel race of the 2014 TM Master Cup Series season unfolded into another historic running of the Round of Indianapolis. After 250 miles of racing, the event came down to the wire between David Krikorian, 2009 race winner Kurt Plissken, Morgan Le Fay, and Gaspar de Sousa. Krikorian would eventually prevail, and DK would finally take his first career victory in the series' most storied oval race.

While the spotlight was on the Californian, the Round of Indy is always a big day for any driver who takes the start. For Vincenzo Fochesato, it was only his second race in a Master Cup car. The 22-year-old Italian made his series debut three months ago in the Karjala Grand Prix, where he crashed with Cliff Raymond in spectacular fashion on only the fourth lap.

This week in Indianapolis, however, he surprised many by placing his car 12th on the starting grid as the highest-qualifying one-off driver. His showing in the race, itself, was not especially impressive, but he managed to finish in 19th-place and score four points for Segafredo Euroteam, and did so despite dropping outside of the top 30 early and having to pit two laps in a row midway through the race. He was able to regain several positions as a number of the other competitors dropped out with mechanical problems.

"I'm so lucky to be here. I finished a Master Cup race, so that's a first!" he said with a laugh. "I definitely learned how intense the oval racing in this series is; I think I learned that right off the start. I know I had a really good qualifying run but I was back to 36th before I knew it! But everyone worked really hard like they have all week. They kept me out of trouble and in the race for the points. I could hardly pass cars all day, but they really helped me out with adjustments, and after the restart I was able to pass some of the other cars we were racing for position with a few times. We were all battling really hard for 18th with each other and I almost got it; I just couldn't quite beat the #93 car."

Fochesato was the highest-finishing of the two FIAM 70GTs in the race. His teammate, fellow Italian Manuele Lodi, also finished the event, but was unable to score points.

"I kind of got lost focusing on the race, which I guess is a good thing! But it didn't really occur to me just how big of an accomplishment that this was until the cooldown lap. It really is incredible that my team and I scored points in a Master Cup race as big as this one. I had a blast out there this weekend, and I'm really, really thankful for Segafredo Euroteam and what they've done for me. This is a really special day!"

After a weekend of racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the next event on Fochesato's schedule is a FARC Elite Series Powered by Smash Beer event at the 70/77 Speedway; an Ohio dirt track that could hardly be more different from Indy's grand speedway.
SpeedDemon37
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Davenport Blames Bad Handling For Collision

Chris Davenport again made news when he collided with Greg Woodard twice on lap 8 on the Round of Indianapolis. Davenport's Juneau slid up into Woodard and hooked Woodard's left rear quarterpanel. After apparently saving his car, Woodard was hit again by Davenport, spun across the north chute apron and into the wall in turn 4.

Davenport blamed bad handling for the crash, but he also showed a degree of apathy.

"We had a bad push on the start, and I was going in real low so I wouldn't just push up into everyone else. We had no front grip at all in the early stage." Davenport said to the press after his own exit from the race after mechanical difficulties.
"I thought he [Greg Woodard] saved it but I had no room so I hit him again. I didn't want it to happen, it's just a racing incident."

Davenport was summoned to the stewards office after the race, with the Californian refusing to talk to the media afterwards.

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Plissken Wins! Plissken Wins Indy! Plissken Wins Indy Again!

Or at least that's what the headlines should have read anyways. Kurt Plissken seemed to be in control of the race once the #2 car of Mélanie Clévenot suffered a mechanical issue. Plissken seemed to be pulling away from the field until he ran into a pack of lapped cars still battling for position. This allowed the #04 of David Krikorian to use that sketchy situation to his advantage and pull into the lead of the race.

Plissken VS Hodges-Walter Racing: Three Against One

Several things seemed to have converged to wrest Plissken's second Round of Indianapolis victory from his hands, least of which was losing PSI teammate Greg Woodard early on in the event. Woodard, who qualified in 38th place, wasn't available to help Plissken because the #41 car got caught up in the first caution on lap 8 when the #84 car of Chris Davenport made contact with him and sent him careening into the wall. Davenport was called to the stewards office but Woodard was out of the race early and unavailable to possibly help his teammate take the checkered flag. Plissken was left to contend with the three car team of racing giant Hodges-Walter Racing all on his own.

It Was David VS Goliath and Goliath Won

Although off the lead lap, Clévenot would battle Plissken in the later stages and that helped Krikorian to close up the gap Plissken had established and eventually pry the race lead from Plissken once again. But during the green flag pit stop cycle, Plissken once again vaulted into the lead when passed Krikorian in the pits. Plissken's crew blistered that stop and the #16 USPF car looked as if he were shot out of a cannon on pit out! Once again, Kurt Plissken began to build a lead on Krikorian, only to have it disappear on Lap 80 when the caution came out for the #8 Gessler MTW14 of Kevin Dwyer. Plissken maintained P1 when the race restarted lap 85, but had to battle some lapped cars and sandwich them between him and his lead lap competition. Had the race stayed green would Plissken have won? It's hard to speculate, but it sure didn't help his cause any,

Not long afterwards, the Hodges-Walter Racing #7 car of Adrien Devereux and the #60 BlackDiamond Racing car of Gaspar de Sousa began to challenge for race supremacy. Plissken was tucked in behind the #04 of leader David Krikorian. Then the #49 Clockwork Racing machine of Morgan Le Fay got into the fray. Plissken once attempted to pull to the inside of Krikorian but Devereux didn't bite.

"Teammate or not-- I thought for sure the #7 car would push us past the #04 into the lead and then try to take me on his own to win it for himself," Plissken stated. "I had a good run on DK, but when I pulled out and didn't get any help-- from anybody, it was all I could do to hang on to second."

Plissken was obviously referencing Morgan Le Fay. Never being one to shy away from controversy, Plissken added, "It was pure chicken $%!# plain and simple. I guess he didn't want to piss off the Big Boys over there at Hodges-Walter Racing."

PSI team owner William Power said he understood Plissken's frustration. "He wanted it so badly and to come that close and miss his opportunity. PSI wants to win every race at this venue since it's our home base of operations."

When asked if Plissken's assertions had any merit, Power stated, "It's possible, I suppose. But Kurt is not the most popular guy in the paddock either. I don't know how much, or if any, that may have factored into the decisions made and eventual outcome of the race."

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top