Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1 2016 Rumors

+6
pennst24
Milan655
Ataxia
RetrogradeRenegade
Cynon
The_Wall_91
10 posters

Go down

Formula 1 2016 Rumors Empty Formula 1 2016 Rumors

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Since I have not seen this posted yet, I thought I will fill in the major changes to the series. There are a few so here we go.

Team and Driver Changes:

Gene Haas has a team put together for 2016, the drivers will be Frenchman Romain Grosjean and Mexico's Esteban Gutierrez. The car is powered by Ferrari, no clue what the car looks like.

The Lotus team was bought out by Renault.

Pastor Maldonado left the Renault team shortly after.

The Renault team will consist of rookie Jolyon Palmer and returning driver Kevin Magnusson.

Marussia will be supplied with Mercedes engines but no one has a clue who will drive for them. Most likely, (I am guessing) they will pick up Maldonado and have the second car shared between different drivers like they did in 2015.

Red Bull Racing could not find an engine supplier so they are still stuck with the Renault engines.

Schedule:

All races are back, however, the series has added the "European Grand Prix"... in Azerbaijan, a country that not many people have heard of including me. They will use a 20 turn street circuit in Baku with an apparent top speed of 211 mph on the front straight (sure...).

Rules and Tires:

Pirelli added a new  "super soft" compound and have modified the "rain" tire to give that tire more grip.

The only major rule change is the tire strategies teams can use. They are now required to use 2 compounds Pirelli provides, but the teams can bring a 3rd tire of their choice.

That is all I have got, now the season and possible changes and rumors to start.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 2016 Rumors Empty Re: Formula 1 2016 Rumors

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:19 am

Manor Russia (Marussia) Sign Rookie Pascal Wehrlein

For the 98% of you who have no clue who Pascal Wehrlein is, he is a 21 year old German who is the defending champion of DTM. He has been chosen to lead the charge for Manor Russia's 2016 campaign.

Pascal said that he is excited about getting to driver for Manor. Pascal will have to get used to going from sports cars to driving F1 beasts.

This signing might have an implication of whether or not Pastor Maldonado will sign on for 2016.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 am

Wehrlein's pretty damn good. I'd look out for him moving up to Force India in the next few years with the end goal being him replacing Nico Rosberg in the Mercedes team. You heard it here first.

As expected, he will run #94, his number in the DTM.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 am

Cynon wrote:Wehrlein's pretty damn good. I'd look out for him moving up to Force India in the next few years with the end goal being him replacing Nico Rosberg in the Mercedes team. You heard it here first.

I think it will be interesting to see if the Manor will be somewhat competitive to give Pascal a chance to get some points.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:17 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Wehrlein's pretty damn good. I'd look out for him moving up to Force India in the next few years with the end goal being him replacing Nico Rosberg in the Mercedes team. You heard it here first.

I think it will be interesting to see if the Manor will be somewhat competitive to give Pascal a chance to get some points.

For Manor, being competitive just means being close to the next-slowest car. Regardless of if they are or if they're not, it's a good team for a guy like Wehrlein because...

If Manor is like 2s off the next slowest car, he can log laps and race his teammate, and, if there's enough attrition, snag an 11th or 12th.

If Manor is actually closer to the rest of the field, Wehrlein will have the opportunity to test and hone his racecraft against other cars, most likely Gutierrez.

The guy who is really hoping that Manor is at least in contact with the rest of the field is his teammate, because Wehrlein probably comes with engines at a discount and has a reasonably secure long-term future if he performs well enough... and if he doesn't, Mercedes would probably be more than happy to put him back in DTM, where he is a proven winner and champion.

Assuming that his teammate isn't also a development driver for another team, the pressure will be on them because they probably won't have that safety net unless they have a sponsor that makes Maldonado's PDVSA money look like chump change.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Cynon wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:

For Manor, being competitive just means being close to the next-slowest car. Regardless of if they are or if they're not, it's a good team for a guy like Wehrlein because...

If Manor is like 2s off the next slowest car, he can log laps and race his teammate, and, if there's enough attrition, snag an 11th or 12th.

If Manor is actually closer to the rest of the field, Wehrlein will have the opportunity to test and hone his racecraft against other cars, most likely Gutierrez.

The guy who is really hoping that Manor is at least in contact with the rest of the field is his teammate, because Wehrlein probably comes with engines at a discount and has a reasonably secure long-term future if he performs well enough... and if he doesn't, Mercedes would probably be more than happy to put him back in DTM, where he is a proven winner and champion.

Assuming that his teammate isn't also a development driver for another team, the pressure will be on them because they probably won't have that safety net unless they have a sponsor that makes Maldonado's PDVSA money look like chump change.

Remember also that Renault is rejoining the series as a manufacturer. Their engines were considerably underpowered to the Ferrari and Mercedes, just ask Riccardo and Kvyat.

I am not trying to say Renault is trash but I think Manor could be the same or better than them.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:26 am

Calling Renault trash might be a compliment... of their two drivers, the best of them is the guy who's been out of racing since he did a warmup lap in a McLaren.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:35 am

Cynon wrote:Calling Renault trash might be a compliment... of their two drivers, the best of them is the guy who's been out  of racing since he did a warmup lap in a McLaren.

And the other is Jolyon Palmer

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Cynon wrote:Calling Renault trash might be a compliment... of their two drivers, the best of them is the guy who's been out  of racing since he did a warmup lap in a McLaren.

Said guy also put a former world champion under some pressure as a rookie and scored a podium on his debut... with far less time to get up to speed with F1 machinery, than, say, Lewis Hamilton did.

Last edited by RetrogradeRenegade on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataxia Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Essentially depends on how early Renault were able to help fund any late-season work into the 2016 car. Lotus were completely dry by October, and couldn't afford to bring any new bits to the circuit; if they were able to keep the development of their new chassis going they should be okay, but then there's the fact that the rear-end would have been messed about with at the last minute to accommodate the new power unit. 2016 is a development year, most likely.

I don't know what to expect from Manor; yeah, they've got the plum Mercedes deal and now have Wehrlein whom is rated highly by Toto Wolff, but they're still not blessed with any deep coffers. They should be able to bag some points, but by and large they'll be battling with Sauber at the rear.
Ataxia
Ataxia
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Ataxia wrote:Essentially depends on how early Renault were able to help fund any late-season work into the 2016 car. Lotus were completely dry by October, and couldn't afford to bring any new bits to the circuit; if they were able to keep the development of their new chassis going they should be okay, but then there's the fact that the rear-end would have been messed about with at the last minute to accommodate the new power unit. 2016 is a development year, most likely.

I don't know what to expect from Manor; yeah, they've got the plum Mercedes deal and now have Wehrlein whom is rated highly by Toto Wolff, but they're still not blessed with any deep coffers. They should be able to bag some points, but by and large they'll be battling with Sauber at the rear.

Or for some strange reason, all hell will break loose and Renault, Manor, Sauber, or Haas score a victory.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Great to see Pascal make it to F1, absolutely rapid in F3 and would have imo beaten Marciello to the 2013 EuroF3 crown had he not swapped single seaters for touring cars.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Milan655 wrote:Great to see Pascal make it to F1, absolutely rapid in F3 and would have imo beaten Marciello to the 2013 EuroF3 crown had he not swapped single seaters for touring cars.

Is Marciello still Sauber's test driver or is he sticking to his GP2 ride with Russian Time?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:30 pm

From what I know, Marciello was entirely dropped by the Ferrari Academy and lost his Sauber position along with it. I think the FDA is rebuilding its driver line up, as Stroll left for Williams and there is no reference towards Fuoco with them anymore either.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 pm

Ferrari is rumored to reintroduce white into their livery this season. This is a mock-up of that.
Formula 1 2016 Rumors 191856633-712a021d-d5e0-49dd-af5a-3b6e45d9902f
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:27 pm

I would much prefer it be in a more similar style to the F93A version from 1993.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Milan655 wrote:I would much prefer it be in a more similar style to the F93A version from 1993.

So you mean the previous year's Scuderia Italia? Razz

Formula 1 2016 Rumors Ferrari_F93A_Goodwood_2008Formula 1 2016 Rumors Dallara_BMS-F192_Ferrari_Martini_1992
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Rumor has it that Manor is looking at Rio Haryanto to do some races or the full season for them alongside Wehrlein. Haryanto won three times this year in GP2 and placed forth in the final standings. If he gets the drive he will be the first ever F1 driver from Indonesia.

Meanwhile, Renault Sport has confirmed Esteben Ocon and Carmen Jorda as their test drivers, while Red Bull will have Pierre Gasly as its reserve driver.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:38 am

Alpineopossum wrote:Rumor has it that Manor is looking at Rio Haryanto to do some races or the full season for them alongside Wehrlein. Haryanto won three times this year in GP2 and placed forth in the final standings. If he gets the drive he will be the first ever F1 driver from Indonesia.

Confirmed, Haryanto has been signed to drive with Pascal Wehrlein at Manor Russia

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:40 am

Top 11 after 2nd day of testing.

1. Ferrari
2. Red Bull
3. Silver Arrows
4. Sahara Force India
5. Sauber
6. Williams
7. Manor Russia
8. Renault
9. Haas
10. McLaren Honda
11. Toro Rosso

Sign of things to come or just pure luck for some teams?

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:35 am

I smell a lot of sandbagging by Mercedes and a TON of showboating by Red Bull...

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:12 am

Cynon wrote:I smell a lot of sandbagging by Mercedes and a TON of showboating by Red Bull...

Pretty much, the fastest time I saw from Ferrari was a 1:24 when the Mercedes were running 1:22 in race trim last year. There is no way in hell they're nopt sandbagging. Actually, I feel like everyone is sandbagging in someway.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:16 am

bsoyuz wrote:
Cynon wrote:I smell a lot of sandbagging by Mercedes and a TON of showboating by Red Bull...

Pretty much, the fastest time I saw from Ferrari was a 1:24 when the Mercedes were running 1:22 in race trim last year. There is no way in hell they're nopt sandbagging. Actually, I feel like everyone is sandbagging in someway.

Ferrari ran that 1:22 to get to the top on the new super soft tires. Also if everyone is sandbagging, Button and Alonso may not last at McLaren to much longer.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Just saw results of the testing from today, Sahara Force India was almost 1 full second faster than the Silver Arrows, Haas was in 6th with Gutierrez, Ferrari .8 seconds ahead of Red Bull

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm trying my hardest not to jump to conclusions on certain things, but I legit just can't be arsed with this new Qualifying Format.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-agree-elimination-style-qualifying-for-2016-675278/
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:19 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:I'm trying my hardest not to jump to conclusions on certain things, but I legit just can't be arsed with this new Qualifying Format.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-agree-elimination-style-qualifying-for-2016-675278/

Might make qualifying more interesting, but the effect it will have will be negligible.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Worth noting that McLaren managed to do a ton of laps today. Now they just have to make the engine produce power.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:10 am

Rosberg ran a 1.22 on the soft compound, the Silver Arrows might not have all that people think.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:19 am

The_Wall_91 wrote:Rosberg ran a 1.22 on the soft compound, the Silver Arrows might not have all that people think.

Just wait until FP1 in Melbourne. Laughing
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:47 am

The_Wall_91 wrote:Rosberg ran a 1.22 on the soft compound, the Silver Arrows might not have all that people think.

I spy with my little eye a silver arrow sandbagging..........again.......for the third year in a row.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Mercedes and sandbagging in the same sentence? Perish the thought!

/sarcasm
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:17 pm

This is the same team which has a car so reliable they're splitting the day's running between their drivers so they don't get worn out before Melbourne. I think they're okay.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:21 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:This is the same team which has a car so reliable they're splitting the day's running between their drivers so they don't get worn out before Melbourne. I think they're okay.

Agreed. Looks like they're doing long run tests only and aren't bothering with qualifying setups because they think it will be very easy to pass everyone in race trim.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down