Worst Drivers by League

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worst Drivers by League

Post by kensethfan on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:36 pm

So a few months ago I posted a topic highlighting the top 5 best and the worst drivers across all of motorsports. In that topic, I said that if a driver sucked in one league, he'd probably suck everywhere else too, and in hindsight, I think it's a little bit unfair to group drivers across all different leagues for sucking in just one in particular. Take for example Kevin Conway, a driver who sucked profusely in a stock car, but could kick ass in a Lamborghini. So with this mindset, let's make fun of some drivers who sucked the most by the leagues they raced in.

Please note that in my personal list, I'm trying to limit this to drivers who were consistently shitty. Andrea de Cesaris was bad, but according to what I'm told he cleaned up his act in his later career, so I've omitted him from my list. Also, I'm not going to list my nominations in any order like I did last time, I'm just going to name a few of the worst drivers. That said...

NASCAR Sprint Cup

David Ragan - I've been watching racing since 2007, which was Ragan's rookie season, and my opinion of him then was the same as my opinion of him now: He's a disgraceful driver. From the beginning Ragan was spinning out and/or crashing every other week, and not much has changed. And a few lucky race wins don't equal talent.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. - Notice how both Stenhouse and Ragan started out at Jack Roush Racing? I guess missing an eye makes it difficult to see talent. To his credit, Stenhouse did have a NXS title, but moved on into Cup and adopted a similar driving style to David Ragan's -- that is, crashing with clockwork regularity.

Kevin Conway - I provided the example above about how Kevin Conway was excellent in Lamborghini Super Trofeo, but that still doesn't change the fact that he was atrocious in a stock car. His presence in NASCAR always felt like a gimmick to expose his male enhancement product ExtenZe, which only got screen time when Conway was inevitably being lapped.

Honorable Mention: Danica Patrick [FLAME SHIELD ENGAGED]: I'm going to get some real stimulating feedback over this, I'm sure. I know hating on Danica isn't a cool thing to do anymore, but I still hold on to my opinions about her because her NASCAR career always felt like a gimmick. She was (and to a degree still is) clueless, accident-prone, and had a terrible attitude. But as I see she's in the process of cleaning up her act, I'm going to let her slide.

NASCAR Xfinity Series

Steven Wallace - Let's get the obvious one out of the way -- Steven Wallace has had way too many individual excursions to be noted here, so just to name a few: He's crashed into a fence pole during a Daytona testing session, spun out on six separate occasions during the 2009 Montreal race and warranting the yellow each time, and spun out after a wreck had happened at IRP and hit the two stalled cars who had just wrecked. Remembering Rusty Wallace's tenure at ESPN, it was sad to hear Rusty make excuses for his son. I feel bad for him.

Brian Scott - Had a similar reputation to Steven Wallace for wrecking every week. He pretty much choked away any chance he had at a victory in this series, whether it meant surrendering the lead to Kyle Busch after a restart at IMS or wrecking the field while leading at Daytona. He's going to be driving for RPM in Cup this coming season, so God help us all.

Honorable Mention: Clay Rogers - Rogers had a shot in decent equipment through the early 2000's, particularly with Reiser Enterprises. But in the few races he ran when Matt Kenseth wasn't driving that car, he had a record for crashing. But since he only made a handful of starts and knew when to quit, he gets a reprieve.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

John Wes Townley - Given his reputation in both Trucks and NXS, I wasn't sure where to put him. But I figured since he won a race this past season on a pit strategy gambit and then returned to sucking the next race at Talladega by being a mobile chicane, combined with the fact he's just as infamous in Trucks than he was in NXS, I figure there's minimal shame in placing him here. Mind you, he received the nickname "John Wrecks Weekly" for a reason.

Donnie Neuenberger - He should become a porn star. He does a hell of a job plowing bitches.

Honorable Mentions: Ricky Carmichael - Ricky Carmichael came into the Truck Series with a reputable motocross career, and exited with a wreck-filled resume, with limited success. To his credit though, many of his bigger accidents were not of his own doing, and for the number of better races he had in his tenure, he gets a reprieve.

Verizon IndyCar Series/ChampCar

Dr. Jack Miller - He was a practicing dentist during his career, but perhaps it was best that Miller stuck to his day job. He continually makes lists like this for his infamous IRL reputation of being slow. One of his most notable stories came from the Indy Lights race at Detroit in 1996, which was marred by torrential rains that flooded part of the circuit. Miller went up to the starter and asked why they weren't racing when they'd raced in the rain before. The starter replied, "Doc, if you think you can drive through half a foot of water, go for it." Sufficed to say, Miller had no business in a race car.

Milka Duno - It was inevitable that Milka would appear here. Her blatant lack of spacial awareness and inclination to spin the car out every lap has gotten her in trouble before, both in IndyCar as well as her endurance racing career. Seldom has someone's driving in IndyCar earned them a probation for poor performance, and Milka Duno has the unfortunate honor of having to wear that label.

Hiro Matsushita - Any dedicated Indy fan knows the story of how Hiro got his nickname "King Hiro" -- Emerson Fittipaldi, apparently frustrated with Hiro's reluctance to cede track position to faster cars, opened his mic just shy of the first syllable of the words he was looking for, so his team heard, "-king Hiro!". You can fill in the blanks on that one. Nevertheless, Hiro came to racing with financial backing from his grandfather's corporation of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., now known as Panasonic. It was a waste of money though, since Hiro spent his days riding around and being a backmarker.

Marty Roth - Much like Dr. Jack Miller, Marty Roth was another driver who had been involved in other lines of work to race IndyCar. In his case, he was a successful Toronto landowner. Again, he shouldn't have quit his day job either. The 2008 season was easily his most abysmal year -- while he attempted every race, he only started twelve; the five races he missed were on account of him crashing his car (often several times) before the race itself had started. He was so inept that IndyCar's management told him his license wouldn't be reissued for 2009, thus mercifully ending Roth's IndyCar dreams.

Formula One

Yuji Ide - The FIA has never been very tolerant for poor driving standards. Case in point: Ide's rookie season in Formula One in 2006 ended unremarkably early after he had his FIA Super License revoked for a first lap accident at Imola which left Christijan Albers' Midland M16 upside down. Ide was already in hot water before this race, after being accused of blocking Rubens Barrichello during qualifying for that year's Australian GP, and spinning out many times in the subsequent race. His best starting position was 21st out of 22 cars in that year's Bahrain GP, only on account of Kimi Raikkonen, who hadn't completed a qualifying attempt.

Jean-Denis Deletraz - Murray Walker's confused observation of "What is Deletraz doing?" as Deletraz wobbled from side to side as the leaders were overtaking him during the 1995 European GP sums up Deletraz's entire career. He was a pay-driver who came up from Formula 3000 to race for Larrousse in 1994, and then for Pacific GP in 1995. His best finish came in the aforementioned 1995 Nurburgring race, which was also gracefully his last.

Chanoch Nissany - Truth be told, there's no reason to put a guy who never made an official Formula One start on this list. No, Nissany gets on here for one instance that would have been the summary of his entire career had he continued in Formula One. Nissany was an Israeli businessman who bought his way into a Minardi seat, and in his first outing, had an eventful practice session at Hungary in 2005: He was 12 seconds off the rest of the field, had such a rough racing line that you'd think he was using the D-pad on a video game controller, and then threw his car off the course. This course of events earns Nissany a spot on this list.

Honorable Mention: Pastor Maldonado - I include Maldonado purely for the number of jokes that have been made about him, so much so that there's a website dedicated to telling you the last time he's crashed. Maldonado holds the record for most penalties handed out in a single season, usually resulting from speeding on pit road and ignoring blue flags. Maldonado has a win to his credit, but it's fun to make jokes about him nonetheless. Very Happy

As always, feel free to make your own lists. ARCA and other forms of racing are open, I just haven't included them here. Have fun. Very Happy


Last edited by kensethfan on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:51 am; edited 5 times in total
avatar
kensethfan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:21 pm

kensethfan wrote:Honorable Mention: Pastor Maldonado - I include Maldonado purely for the number of jokes that have been made about him, so much so that there's a website dedicated to telling you the last time he's crashed. Maldonado holds the record for most penalties handed out in a single season, usually resulting from speeding on pit road and ignoring blue flags. Maldonado has a win to his credit, but it's fun to make jokes about him nonetheless. Very Happy

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

You forgot Jeb Burton (NSCS).
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 688
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 16
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by NeverNeutral on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Some of these are more cases of underachieving that truly being a bad driver. Think Nur Ali in Xfinity, or Timmy Hill in Cup (though he at least has gotten a little better at not tearing stuff up).

IndyCar and F1 are pretty on point... Though I think Pastor is decent when he's not over his head.
avatar
NeverNeutral
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by bsoyuz on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:51 pm

NASCAR

Christian Fittipaldi Oh boy, where do I start, aside from never adapting to the stock cars, he thrashed multiple cars, was THE WORST DRIVER TO HAVE EVER RACED IN THE NUMBER #43 CAR, is one of the several reasons why we don't race back to the yellow anymore. Generally he was the worst BR to have ever drive in NASCAR, period.

Loy Allen Jr. Don't.

Formula 1

Tiago Monteiro By god almighty, this guy. He was able to underperform in a Jordan. His only podium came because only 6 cars were running, and the only other race where he scored points, he only did so because all the other good cars were out, so there were only 7 legitimate point scoring cars running at the finish.

Sakon Yamamoto nope.


Last edited by bsoyuz on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2532
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by kensethfan on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:Some of these are more cases of underachieving that truly being a bad driver. Think Nur Ali in Xfinity, or Timmy Hill in Cup (though he at least has gotten a little better at not tearing stuff up).

IndyCar and F1 are pretty on point... Though I think Pastor is decent when he's not over his head.

I was kind of struggling for material with Xfinity and Trucks, I admit. I don't really follow those series as closely as I do Cup. But at any rate, Nur Ali only made one Xfinity start so I didn't include him. As for Timmy Hill, I just absent-mindedly forgot about him. He's been fairly anonymous in recent I think.

And there's a difference between underachieving and crashing every week. These are more of the latter cases. For example, Kasey Kahne's performance at Hendrick over the past few seasons is underachieving, but that doesn't make him a bad driver.
avatar
kensethfan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 am

bsoyuz wrote:Tiago Monteiro By god almighty, this guy. He was able to underperform in a Jordan. His only podium came because only 6 cars were running, and the only other race where he scored points, he only did so because all the other good cars were out, so there were only 7 legitimate point scoring cars running at the finish.

Um, what? You mention Monteiro, off of his 2005 season? Monteiro was never a particularly great talent, and was a flop in 2006, but he did a respectable job in 2005. And I don't see how scoring points in a 2005 Jordan on merit constitutes underperforming, given that the team was just entering it's identity crisis era. His teammate in 2005, Narain Karthikeyan, now that's a driver worthy of this discussion.
avatar
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 722
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 25
Location : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:52 am

Online Racing - Matt Contey

V8 Supercars/Australian Racing in general - Paul Morris. Where the fuck do I start with him, the only driver to get punched in the head, by his teammate of all people
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:54 am

I'd honestly add Trevor Bayne onto the list somewhere. Won the Daytona 500 because everyone wanted to shove him for some reason, has done nothing since. Managed to underperform massively in a car that wasn't really that good (When Ricky Stenhouse has the better of you, you know you're bad) and seems to be in the wall every other week.

I had a thing on TeamSpeak where about the 1/3 or 1/2 way point of the race, I'd say "Look at Trevor Bayne running in 30th, that's a season best run" and every week he would legitimately be below 30th. Pretty astounding, honestly.

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4528
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by kensethfan on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Online Racing - Matt Contey

fuckings of yuo
avatar
kensethfan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Spoiler because it's very long:
BBoy in the ARCA Hall of Shame wrote:So I was looking at the New Jersey ARCA Results when I stumbled upon this in the results.

35 31 0 Wayne Peterson Wayne Peterson Racing (Wayne Peterson) Chevrolet Lap 1 Brakes

He completed 1 lap and lost the brakes....That's quite odd.

So I looked more into his career stats and what I found is laughable. Apparently he has an equal number of started races and races he has DNQ'd in with 39 each, but it gets even more laughable.

2001: 2 starts, 1 DNQ, 9 of 196 laps completed, Both retirements due to brake failures within the first 5 laps....

2002: DNQ'D his only attempt.

2003: 3 starts, 1 DNQ, 7 of 317 laps completed, Fell out of Kansas and DuQuoin with a clutch issue within first 5 laps, and fell out of Pocono on Lap 2 due to handling fail.

2004: 6 starts, 1 DNQ, 277 of 709 laps completed (OMG HAX), Clutch failure at Kentucky on Lap 4, Actually Finished Kansas.....6 Laps Down, Clutch failure at Pocono on Lap 2, Rear End Failure at South Boston on Lap 106 (Hey he got half way there Very Happy), Handling issue on lap 3 at Gateway, Finished DuQuoin 4 laps down, 4 DNF'S out of 6 races.

2005: 3 starts, 6 DNQ's, 1 of 334 laps completed, Vibration at Pocono on Lap 1, Handling issue at Kansas, Overheating issue at Gateway (Overheat in the pits/pace laps???)

2006: 1 start, 8 DNQ's, 0 of 100 laps completed, Need i say more?

2007: 3 starts, 8 DNQ's, 4 of 550 laps completed, Rear End failures at both Iowa and Springfield on lap 2 and a clutch fail at Milwaukee.

2008: 7 starts, 10 DNQ's, 5 of 1186 laps completed (attempted all but 4 races, at least he's trying!), handling issue at Rockingham, Clutch failure at Kentucky, handling issue at both Pocono and Cayuga on the first lap, transmission failure at Berlin, Handling issue on the first lap of Nashville, engine fail on lap 2 at DuQuoin.

2009: 8 starts, 3 DNQ's, 6 of 1312 laps completed, brake failure at Talladega on lap 1 (YOU DON'T USE BRAKES AT DEGA!!!), 2 more on the first lap at Mansfield and Iowa, First lap handling issue at Kentucky, crashed at Berlin (On lap 0?), Handling issue at Springfield on the first lap, clutch fail at Toledo on the first lap, Didn't even start the DuQuion race, clutch fail at Kansas

2010: 2010 is his year =], 7 starts, 29 of 1737 laps completed, brake fail on lap 6 at Palm Beach, Another brake fail at Salem on lap 17, engine fail on lap 4 at Talladega (From what I heard this was legit, but I didn't catch most of this race so not really sure.), overheating issue on lap 1 at Toledo, didn't take the green at either Iowa or Berlin, handling issue at Mansfield, brake issue at New Jersey, didn't start Springfield, brake issue at Chicago on lap zeroooo, and didn't start DuQuion or Salem.

2011: Championship year for Peterson this year, 7 starts, 153 of 1067 laps completed, Managed to get 69 laps completed in at Talladega before succumbing to clutch problems, 70 laps completed at Salem before handling issues sidelined him for the rest of the race, but...OH NO....his past hurdles have returned....Handling issue on lap 4 of New Jersey, brake failure at Michigan on the 1st lap, transmission gives out on lap 2 of Winchester, clutch failure on the 1st lap of Berlin and a handling issue forced him to retire on lap 6 at Iowa.

I understand that some teams fail to make ends meet and this guy is actually in his 70's, but why start-n-park in ARCA when you can pretty much get a somewhat decent finish if you run the whole race, and the fact that he's done this for almost 10 years pretty much seals why I believe this guy is one of the biggest fail drivers in ARCA history.
avatar
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 688
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 16
Location : Wherever He Wants

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:51 am

NXS:

Chris Diamond - Oh man, here's one most people don't remember. Called "The Weapon", Diamond once caused FIVE cautions at Hickory. Impressive? Well, what if I told you they all happened in the first half of the race.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:35 pm

Let's get the obvious one out of the way -- Steven Wallace has had way too many individual excursions to be noted here, so just to name a few: He's crashed into a fence pole during a Daytona testing session, spun out on six separate occasions during the 2009 Montreal race and warranting the yellow each time, and spun out after a wreck had happened at IRP and hit the two stalled cars who had just wrecked. Remembering Rusty Wallace's tenure at ESPN, it was sad to hear Rusty make excuses for his son. I feel bad for him.

To somewhat defend him, he was driving at a time when Cuppies dominated the lower series, and there were quite a few races where he was the best finishing Nationwide Series driver.  Also, in your Montreal example, I believe he wasn't the only one playing bumper cars in the rain that day, and other than that, Steven was actually decently reliable for good finishes on the road courses.  You have to figure young driver, in sub-par equipment, in a series dominated by drivers that had no business being in a series other than to "log practice time" and "make sponsors happy"... not too many are going to keep their cool or such sadly.

Also, how about for IndyCar... Marty Roth. A land developer that decided to dabble in open wheel racing. Crashed so many times, IRL basically told him to fuck off.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by Pyrozooka0 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:49 pm

NSCS:

Stenhouse: It will always amaze me how Roush has great drivers that instantly turn to shit the moment they hit Cup. The reason this spot goes to him and not Bayne is because I'm gonna give Bayne another full time season. I fear for everyone in their developmental program, especially Buescher, who's on Front Row duty now. At least he'll have an excuse...



Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 577
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Aboard the Battlebots 2015 Hype Train

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:55 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:NXS:

Chris Diamond - Oh man, here's one most people don't remember. Called "The Weapon", Diamond once caused FIVE cautions at Hickory. Impressive? Well, what if I told you they all happened in the first half of the race.

avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by kensethfan on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:23 pm

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
Spoiler because it's very long:

BBoy in the ARCA Hall of Shame wrote:So I was looking at the New Jersey ARCA Results when I stumbled upon this in the results.

35 31 0 Wayne Peterson Wayne Peterson Racing (Wayne Peterson) Chevrolet Lap 1 Brakes

He completed 1 lap and lost the brakes....That's quite odd.

So I looked more into his career stats and what I found is laughable. Apparently he has an equal number of started races and races he has DNQ'd in with 39 each, but it gets even more laughable.

2001: 2 starts, 1 DNQ, 9 of 196 laps completed, Both retirements due to brake failures within the first 5 laps....

2002: DNQ'D his only attempt.

2003: 3 starts, 1 DNQ, 7 of 317 laps completed, Fell out of Kansas and DuQuoin with a clutch issue within first 5 laps, and fell out of Pocono on Lap 2 due to handling fail.

2004: 6 starts, 1 DNQ, 277 of 709 laps completed (OMG HAX), Clutch failure at Kentucky on Lap 4, Actually Finished Kansas.....6 Laps Down, Clutch failure at Pocono on Lap 2, Rear End Failure at South Boston on Lap 106 (Hey he got half way there Very Happy), Handling issue on lap 3 at Gateway, Finished DuQuoin 4 laps down, 4 DNF'S out of 6 races.

2005: 3 starts, 6 DNQ's, 1 of 334 laps completed, Vibration at Pocono on Lap 1, Handling issue at Kansas, Overheating issue at Gateway (Overheat in the pits/pace laps???)

2006: 1 start, 8 DNQ's, 0 of 100 laps completed, Need i say more?

2007: 3 starts, 8 DNQ's, 4 of 550 laps completed, Rear End failures at both Iowa and Springfield on lap 2 and a clutch fail at Milwaukee.

2008: 7 starts, 10 DNQ's, 5 of 1186 laps completed (attempted all but 4 races, at least he's trying!), handling issue at Rockingham, Clutch failure at Kentucky, handling issue at both Pocono and Cayuga on the first lap, transmission failure at Berlin, Handling issue on the first lap of Nashville, engine fail on lap 2 at DuQuoin.

2009: 8 starts, 3 DNQ's, 6 of 1312 laps completed, brake failure at Talladega on lap 1 (YOU DON'T USE BRAKES AT DEGA!!!), 2 more on the first lap at Mansfield and Iowa, First lap handling issue at Kentucky, crashed at Berlin (On lap 0?), Handling issue at Springfield on the first lap, clutch fail at Toledo on the first lap, Didn't even start the DuQuion race, clutch fail at Kansas

2010: 2010 is his year =], 7 starts, 29 of 1737 laps completed, brake fail on lap 6 at Palm Beach, Another brake fail at Salem on lap 17, engine fail on lap 4 at Talladega (From what I heard this was legit, but I didn't catch most of this race so not really sure.), overheating issue on lap 1 at Toledo, didn't take the green at either Iowa or Berlin, handling issue at Mansfield, brake issue at New Jersey, didn't start Springfield, brake issue at Chicago on lap zeroooo, and didn't start DuQuion or Salem.

2011: Championship year for Peterson this year, 7 starts, 153 of 1067 laps completed, Managed to get 69 laps completed in at Talladega before succumbing to clutch problems, 70 laps completed at Salem before handling issues sidelined him for the rest of the race, but...OH NO....his past hurdles have returned....Handling issue on lap 4 of New Jersey, brake failure at Michigan on the 1st lap, transmission gives out on lap 2 of Winchester, clutch failure on the 1st lap of Berlin and a handling issue forced him to retire on lap 6 at Iowa.

I understand that some teams fail to make ends meet and this guy is actually in his 70's, but why start-n-park in ARCA when you can pretty much get a somewhat decent finish if you run the whole race, and the fact that he's done this for almost 10 years pretty much seals why I believe this guy is one of the biggest fail drivers in ARCA history.

Seriously? Just because Wayne Peterson has piss poor equipment doesn't mean he's a bad driver. Get out of here with that shit.
avatar
kensethfan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by bsoyuz on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:47 am

kensethfan wrote:
NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
Spoiler because it's very long:

BBoy in the ARCA Hall of Shame wrote:So I was looking at the New Jersey ARCA Results when I stumbled upon this in the results.

35 31 0 Wayne Peterson Wayne Peterson Racing (Wayne Peterson) Chevrolet Lap 1 Brakes

He completed 1 lap and lost the brakes....That's quite odd.

So I looked more into his career stats and what I found is laughable. Apparently he has an equal number of started races and races he has DNQ'd in with 39 each, but it gets even more laughable.

2001: 2 starts, 1 DNQ, 9 of 196 laps completed, Both retirements due to brake failures within the first 5 laps....

2002: DNQ'D his only attempt.

2003: 3 starts, 1 DNQ, 7 of 317 laps completed, Fell out of Kansas and DuQuoin with a clutch issue within first 5 laps, and fell out of Pocono on Lap 2 due to handling fail.

2004: 6 starts, 1 DNQ, 277 of 709 laps completed (OMG HAX), Clutch failure at Kentucky on Lap 4, Actually Finished Kansas.....6 Laps Down, Clutch failure at Pocono on Lap 2, Rear End Failure at South Boston on Lap 106 (Hey he got half way there Very Happy), Handling issue on lap 3 at Gateway, Finished DuQuoin 4 laps down, 4 DNF'S out of 6 races.

2005: 3 starts, 6 DNQ's, 1 of 334 laps completed, Vibration at Pocono on Lap 1, Handling issue at Kansas, Overheating issue at Gateway (Overheat in the pits/pace laps???)

2006: 1 start, 8 DNQ's, 0 of 100 laps completed, Need i say more?

2007: 3 starts, 8 DNQ's, 4 of 550 laps completed, Rear End failures at both Iowa and Springfield on lap 2 and a clutch fail at Milwaukee.

2008: 7 starts, 10 DNQ's, 5 of 1186 laps completed (attempted all but 4 races, at least he's trying!), handling issue at Rockingham, Clutch failure at Kentucky, handling issue at both Pocono and Cayuga on the first lap, transmission failure at Berlin, Handling issue on the first lap of Nashville, engine fail on lap 2 at DuQuoin.

2009: 8 starts, 3 DNQ's, 6 of 1312 laps completed, brake failure at Talladega on lap 1 (YOU DON'T USE BRAKES AT DEGA!!!), 2 more on the first lap at Mansfield and Iowa, First lap handling issue at Kentucky, crashed at Berlin (On lap 0?), Handling issue at Springfield on the first lap, clutch fail at Toledo on the first lap, Didn't even start the DuQuion race, clutch fail at Kansas

2010: 2010 is his year =], 7 starts, 29 of 1737 laps completed, brake fail on lap 6 at Palm Beach, Another brake fail at Salem on lap 17, engine fail on lap 4 at Talladega (From what I heard this was legit, but I didn't catch most of this race so not really sure.), overheating issue on lap 1 at Toledo, didn't take the green at either Iowa or Berlin, handling issue at Mansfield, brake issue at New Jersey, didn't start Springfield, brake issue at Chicago on lap zeroooo, and didn't start DuQuion or Salem.

2011: Championship year for Peterson this year, 7 starts, 153 of 1067 laps completed, Managed to get 69 laps completed in at Talladega before succumbing to clutch problems, 70 laps completed at Salem before handling issues sidelined him for the rest of the race, but...OH NO....his past hurdles have returned....Handling issue on lap 4 of New Jersey, brake failure at Michigan on the 1st lap, transmission gives out on lap 2 of Winchester, clutch failure on the 1st lap of Berlin and a handling issue forced him to retire on lap 6 at Iowa.

I understand that some teams fail to make ends meet and this guy is actually in his 70's, but why start-n-park in ARCA when you can pretty much get a somewhat decent finish if you run the whole race, and the fact that he's done this for almost 10 years pretty much seals why I believe this guy is one of the biggest fail drivers in ARCA history.

Seriously? Just because Wayne Peterson has piss poor equipment doesn't mean he's a bad driver. Get out of here with that shit.
And not only that, whenever he ran, he was mostly the start and Park driver for the team, and Peterson Motorsports just goy their second Top 10 in the standings with James Swanson, who finished 9th for the second time in his career. Swanson had no experience prior to running ARCA in 2013.

Peterson got his first win as an owner last year in New Jersey with Cole Custer, after Dale Jr. helped the team.
avatar
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2532
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by kensethfan on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 am

PYLrulz wrote:Also, how about for IndyCar... Marty Roth.  A land developer that decided to dabble in open wheel racing.  Crashed so many times, IRL basically told him to fuck off.

Oh, definitely. I'd completely forgotten about his ineptitude. I'm gonna add him to my list.
avatar
kensethfan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Drivers by League

Post by Cynon on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:47 pm

kensethfan wrote:
NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
Spoiler because it's very long:

BBoy in the ARCA Hall of Shame wrote:So I was looking at the New Jersey ARCA Results when I stumbled upon this in the results.

35 31 0 Wayne Peterson Wayne Peterson Racing (Wayne Peterson) Chevrolet Lap 1 Brakes

He completed 1 lap and lost the brakes....That's quite odd.

So I looked more into his career stats and what I found is laughable. Apparently he has an equal number of started races and races he has DNQ'd in with 39 each, but it gets even more laughable.

2001: 2 starts, 1 DNQ, 9 of 196 laps completed, Both retirements due to brake failures within the first 5 laps....

2002: DNQ'D his only attempt.

2003: 3 starts, 1 DNQ, 7 of 317 laps completed, Fell out of Kansas and DuQuoin with a clutch issue within first 5 laps, and fell out of Pocono on Lap 2 due to handling fail.

2004: 6 starts, 1 DNQ, 277 of 709 laps completed (OMG HAX), Clutch failure at Kentucky on Lap 4, Actually Finished Kansas.....6 Laps Down, Clutch failure at Pocono on Lap 2, Rear End Failure at South Boston on Lap 106 (Hey he got half way there Very Happy), Handling issue on lap 3 at Gateway, Finished DuQuoin 4 laps down, 4 DNF'S out of 6 races.

2005: 3 starts, 6 DNQ's, 1 of 334 laps completed, Vibration at Pocono on Lap 1, Handling issue at Kansas, Overheating issue at Gateway (Overheat in the pits/pace laps???)

2006: 1 start, 8 DNQ's, 0 of 100 laps completed, Need i say more?

2007: 3 starts, 8 DNQ's, 4 of 550 laps completed, Rear End failures at both Iowa and Springfield on lap 2 and a clutch fail at Milwaukee.

2008: 7 starts, 10 DNQ's, 5 of 1186 laps completed (attempted all but 4 races, at least he's trying!), handling issue at Rockingham, Clutch failure at Kentucky, handling issue at both Pocono and Cayuga on the first lap, transmission failure at Berlin, Handling issue on the first lap of Nashville, engine fail on lap 2 at DuQuoin.

2009: 8 starts, 3 DNQ's, 6 of 1312 laps completed, brake failure at Talladega on lap 1 (YOU DON'T USE BRAKES AT DEGA!!!), 2 more on the first lap at Mansfield and Iowa, First lap handling issue at Kentucky, crashed at Berlin (On lap 0?), Handling issue at Springfield on the first lap, clutch fail at Toledo on the first lap, Didn't even start the DuQuion race, clutch fail at Kansas

2010: 2010 is his year =], 7 starts, 29 of 1737 laps completed, brake fail on lap 6 at Palm Beach, Another brake fail at Salem on lap 17, engine fail on lap 4 at Talladega (From what I heard this was legit, but I didn't catch most of this race so not really sure.), overheating issue on lap 1 at Toledo, didn't take the green at either Iowa or Berlin, handling issue at Mansfield, brake issue at New Jersey, didn't start Springfield, brake issue at Chicago on lap zeroooo, and didn't start DuQuion or Salem.

2011: Championship year for Peterson this year, 7 starts, 153 of 1067 laps completed, Managed to get 69 laps completed in at Talladega before succumbing to clutch problems, 70 laps completed at Salem before handling issues sidelined him for the rest of the race, but...OH NO....his past hurdles have returned....Handling issue on lap 4 of New Jersey, brake failure at Michigan on the 1st lap, transmission gives out on lap 2 of Winchester, clutch failure on the 1st lap of Berlin and a handling issue forced him to retire on lap 6 at Iowa.

I understand that some teams fail to make ends meet and this guy is actually in his 70's, but why start-n-park in ARCA when you can pretty much get a somewhat decent finish if you run the whole race, and the fact that he's done this for almost 10 years pretty much seals why I believe this guy is one of the biggest fail drivers in ARCA history.

Seriously? Just because Wayne Peterson has piss poor equipment doesn't mean he's a bad driver. Get out of here with that shit.

...or you could give a civil response instead of being snarky unnecessarily. -_-

Mother of Invention wrote:NXS:

Chris Diamond - Oh man, here's one most people don't remember. Called "The Weapon", Diamond once caused FIVE cautions at Hickory. Impressive? Well, what if I told you they all happened in the first half of the race.

Chris "The Weapon" Diamond sounds like a boxer, but those statistics are so impressive that Chicago's very own Brent Sherman mimicked them in his only ever Bristol race in the Cup series in 2007. Sherman managed to be so bad I think that was both his last race with BAM Racing, and the only time in the last decade that the five-spin-and-done rule has ever been used -- and Montreal 2011 or whatever year it was had rain in it so right there you can excuse half of the carnage...

Chris "The Weapon" Diamond vs. Brent "Spin Cycle" Sherman

...

PYLrulz wrote:Also, how about for IndyCar... Marty Roth. A land developer that decided to dabble in open wheel racing. Crashed so many times, IRL basically told him to fuck off.

Marty Roth has been around a lot longer than you realize. He made his ARS/Indy Lights in 1988 and ran the full season in 1990, disappeared after 1991 and then came back in 2002 when the IRL launched the Infiniti Pro Series -- which became Indy Lights as we know it.

He somehow got a podium in 1990 at Vancouver, and considering it was one of the 5 of 14 races Paul Tracy didn't win... and that it's Vancouver, I'd imagine there was a fair bit of carnage there.

... yeeeah....

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3104
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum