Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've lost a broadcasting legend..

3 posters

Go down

We've lost a broadcasting legend.. Empty We've lost a broadcasting legend..

Post by Racerfan275 Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:01 am

As of around 11:30 central last night, NASCAR radio broadcasting icon Barney Hall passed away due to a complication in a medical procedure. Barney Hall was basically the voice of NASCAR and was with MRN from its inception in 1970 until the Southern 500 in 2014. I've started listening to old NASCAR podcasts the MRN throws out and I'm glad I got to hear his voice at least once. The big racetrack in the sky just got a great announcer Sad

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

We've lost a broadcasting legend.. Empty Re: We've lost a broadcasting legend..

Post by SpeedDemon37 Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:25 am

I've never listened to a live radio broadcast of a NASCAR race before, but I've been listening to Barney Hall's voice since the year that I started following the sport. Hall and Joe Moore were featured as the pre-race/post-race commenators in the game NASCAR Thunder 2004, and even 13 years later I still often decide not to skip those opening commentaries before the green flag. From what I've read and heard about him from others involved in racing, he was a legend at his profession.

Rest in peace, Barney Hall.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 am

I always remember his voice from live broadcasts and those intros in the NASCAR Thunder video games. He just seemed like one of those immortal personalities that you couldn't picture their profession without. When I think of MRN, I automatically think Joe Moore and Barney Hall being that voice providing you with live action from the track; the best crew out there. I haven't listened to an MRN broadcast in a couple years, but hearing that Barney stopped doing broadcasts saddened me because we'd stop hearing his calm yet informative deliveries. I knew he was getting up there in the age department, but he just seems like the kind of guy you expect to live forever.

Rest in peace, Barney Hall. 1932-2015
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down