NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead

Post by RedViperGaming on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Alright, Fine I'll admit, I'm gonna be there for the 500. Let's see Harvick Dominate this season.
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:33 am

Pretty much a kind of dull finale that honestly peaked with the pageantry at the beginning.

Kyle Busch champion....only in Nascar.
Alta
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:00 pm

You know something...

I'm not upset that Kyle Busch is a Sprint Cup Champion, I'm upset in the way he won it, being given eligibility for the chase after missing the first 11 races due to breaking his leg in the Xfinity at Daytona. Granted that was unfortunate, but this was something NASCAR has wanted to happen the whole year since then, at look what happened, they got what they wanted.

And also, regardless and whether you like Jeff Gordon or not, it's sad to see him retire from full-time racing in NASCAR. I always liked him when I first started watching the Cup Series back in 2005, as he was without doubt a true legend of the sport and always will be. He has been an incredible ambassador for everybody, for his crew members, his team, fellow drivers, fans and the people of NASCAR. He will be missed for sure.
BWard
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:23 pm

Alta wrote:Pretty much a kind of dull finale that honestly peaked with the pageantry at the beginning.

By pageantry you mean Jeff Gordon's racist kid more than any of the festivities? Razz
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Alright, I may take the unpopular opinion here... But if you are going to do a Chase based on wins (Which like you guys, I am against) you have to let in the drivers that won a race. Kyle Busch won a race.

Now that does open up a whole new can of worms, lets say the Daytona 500 winner, decides "Oh, I am in the chase, I won't race till the chase." However that would be his right, because he won a race. It'd be crappy, but it'd be his right. The boundless ambiguity with this Chase is really annoying, and it seems like NASCAR doesn't even know what they are doing, so they just make up stuff as they go along to keep up with it.

Last edited by f1fan12 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:20 pm

This is the first thing I Fully agree with you Kenny..
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 pm

f1fan12 wrote:Alright, I may take the unpopular opinion here... But if you are going to do a Chase based on wins (Which like you guys, I am against) you have to let in the drivers that won a race. Kyle Busch won a race.

Now that does open up a whole new can of worms, lets say the Daytona 500 winner, decides "Oh, I am in the chase, I won't race till the chase." However that would be his right, because he won a race. It'd be crappy, but it'd be his right. The boundless ambiguity with this Chase is really annoying, and it seems like NASCAR doesn't even know what they are doing, so they just make up stuff as they go along to keep up with it.

If they wanted to do a win and your in Chase format, they would have to almost add a "you must race at least this many races to be eligible" rule.

Kyle won this title fairly (surprising huh?), he missed 11 races. Yeah, but he was told you must be in the top 30 in points. He did that. You must have a win to advance. He got 4 of them. You must be in the top 12 at the end of first round; he was. You must be in the top 8 at the end of the second round; he was. You must be in the top 4 at the end of the 3rd round; he was. You must finish the best of 4 at Homestead; he did.

What makes it a farse title to some (I like that he won, TBH), is the fact he missed 11 races. But, what's the difference between that and finishing 43rd in those 11 races? Would there still be as big a stink?

Yes, the system is flawed (majorly), but you can't fault Kyle for doing what was asked of him. He did everything that he had to.
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top