2014 TM Lights Race 6 @ Sonoma

Post by Cynon on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:08 am

I went through 4 different tracks before I settled on this. -___-

Results

Online Wins: 20
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Sayre
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2014 TM Lights Race 6 @ Sonoma

Post by Rykia on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 am

Spoiler:

Durbin Not Pleased with Start, First-Turn Shenanigans

Coming in to Sonoma, Great Lakes Motorsports driver Ike Durbin had hoped to build on the decent start he had to his season with a solid finish--not to be taken out in the first turn of the race.

On the start, a series of incidents in front of him caused a chain reaction leading to Friedrich Jaegar in the 73 making contact with Durbin, sending him into the inside tire barriers, ultimately leading to Durbin falling out of the race.

Durbin, who had qualified poorly anyway, stated that it just added insult to injury, "I was mad at [Jaegar] initially, and even called him out on the radio; I admit I didn't exactly handle it too well. But after I saw the replay, I can't hold anyone to blame for the incident. He had nowhere to go, I had nowhere to go, but that start was absolutely terrible.

"I know this is TM Lights and we have more attrition-filled races than not, but that start was just idiotic on the count of many of those I started around. I guess I paid the price for qualifying poorly, though."

Scoring no points after his DNF, Durbin drops from eleventh to fifteenth in the standings.
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Spoiler:

Friedrich Jaeger wrote:I'm very happy to be finishing 3rd - we had a bad run in qualifying, so we decided the best course of action was to try and make a 1-stop strategy work, and it worked very well. It was important to stay out of trouble to make it work today, though, and aside from the start, I managed to steer clear of all the drama. The team is really working well together now, and it's very encouraging to see us 2nd in the standings and not far from the lead, but we've got to stay focused and take each race as it comes.

As for the start, I must apologise to Ike - with all the chaos of the start, I actually didn't realise that he was that close to me until I hit him. I'm very sorry about that - there was just too much happening at the start. There were cars going off everywhere in front of me, but I definitely could've given him more room there. That said, it was quite disappointing to see so many drivers who apparently thought they could've won the race in the first corner. It was a complete mess out there, and it doesn't help our reputation to have these things happening regularly.
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Luke Ocean resurges after a terrible crash and finish in Round 5, to get another top 10.

No interview was conducted but Luke was seen smiling and thanking his team for setting up his car to his liking and being able to execute on pit road as he was one of a few teams to make it on a single stop.
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top