2016 Silly Season Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016 Silly Season Thread

Post by RaceCamera on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Yokoyama Changes Plans for 2016

Mason Yokoyama has changed plans for his driving lineup for the new season. He said that he will be a single car team shared with 48 year old touring car driver Erick Page, who is usually his test driver. He also said if there's enough space on the full-time lineup he will get in. Yokoyama who entered special events in FARC, the TM Master Cup Series, and Dash Cup for the past couple of years wanted a full-time ride either for another team or his own. If he does ended up with his own team, then he will drive car 376 and will be sponsored by his usual sponsor Bush's Chicken. He is not sure which manufacturer he will use as of right now.
RaceCamera
Development Series Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Lester eyes return to auto racing through Dash Cup, is interested in 2016 ride

Recovery following his tremendous FARC Super Series accident, while not heavily documented, has gone marvelously and Casey Lester is poised to make a return to motorsports.

"You might expect me to turn away from it after going through what I did, but it's only made me want to get back in the driver's seat even more." Lester told local media outlets Wednesday afternoon. "There were a lot of insecurities I had with the FARC cars as they were and how they'd deal with certain impacts and I got a quick experience of that. *laughs* But I just need a little more time to heal and get up to speed, no pun intended. I've been hitting the gym more than ever getting myself coordinated and into shape because I wanna bounce back for 2016. Needless to say, I'm not heading back to FARC and I dunno how their future is gonna be. Dash Cup's really caught my eye lately, so I've been looking a lot over there for something. Might have a plan already, might not. Wink You'll all have to wait and see."

When asked about starting up his team once again for Dan Morton or Nikolas Marchankov to run, he responded "Unless Dan really needs a place to be, I don't think so." A new team by the name of Keep Up GP has been in the works, which Lester was also asked about, and he gave somewhat of a guilty smile to reporters before saying the following.

"Interesting. They sound like a cool group to work with. Might have to look more into them."
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:47 pm

The Tousenne Buy Out Forces Manufacturer Change
The Tousenne GP and Junior Team Athens Racing Have Realesed a Manufacturer change after the buyout Of Balkan Motorsports to Corsa 313T's At The Beginning of the new Dash Cup 2016 Balkan Motorsports has released a statement on the buy out Stating that "It Was Likely to happen" Tousenne has shown interest of starting a dash cup team The Italian Tuning group will be running parts made by them Car Reliability is in Question Driver Lineup is
Dash Cup Stocks
#90 Amethyst Katsoros
#91 Alexander Devonshire
#92 Klaus Schmidt
Dash Cup Part Time Entry
#89 Aleksandr Floros
#041 Alan Devonshire
#964 Ryan Pritchard (NEW YORK ONLY)
Aspira Juniors (Team Athens)
#90 James Caldwell (UK)
#91 Peter Sulák (Hungary)
#92 Vitor Viegas (Brazil Living in UK)
Dexter249

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:18 pm

JGE merges with Mackintosh Motor Sport in Aspira Juniors
Jack Golden is expanding his motorsport empire, his latest venture being a merger with EuroV8 team Mackintosh Motor Sport's Aspira Juniors operation. The merged entity will be known as JGE-Mackintosh with Golden and Steven Mackintosh owning the team in a 50-50 split.

Emma Mackintosh will continue in the #90 car, which will continue to be owned by uncle Steven. Golden will take ownership of the second entry, which will be renumbered #07. 14 year old karting prodigy Tarryn Bradshaw will drive the car, taking over from last year's pilot Bria Reid. Reid's new racing home is as yet unknown.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Fochesato Anticipating Upcoming Dash Cup Season
2 January 2016

Dash Cup Pirelli Stock Series racer Vincenzo Fochesato, during a press conference in Como, recently spoke of his personal expectations for the upcoming 2016 season, as well as his thoughts on the state of the series.

The 23-year-old Italian will be entering his sophomore season in the premier division of Dash Cup. After piloting late models in the United States for four years before moving up to the FARC LoBo Truck Tour for two seasons, Fochesato left his family FARC team and his hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan to go Dash Cup racing, beginning in 2015 after receiving an offer to drive for FIAM Engineering.

His first season of competition saw somewhat mixed results throughout that year that included some impressive showings. He scored a 13th-place finish in Race 2 at Toddring in his first weekend and led at one point during Race 3, achieved his first podium in Race 2 of the French GP with an unexpected last-turn pass on Ben Atkins, and took victory in the first two races of the German GP. He was one of 18 drivers to start all 56 races, and ended the year with a 12th-place rank in the driver's points standings, the third-to-best of the seven full-time rookies.

Fochesato began by reflecting on his first year in the series.

"I'm very proud and very happy with how our 2015 season went. My team had the task of working with a stock car driver who had never stepped into a touring car before, and at the beginning of the year, to be perfectly honest, I was really unsure of what to expect. And it wasn't just the cars; I'd never raced full-time in a series with so many superstar drivers and teams, [and] I had to move away from my family and the country where I've lived most of my life. It was a huge transition, and the team made me feel right at home. I felt that I was able to make the most out of every car that they gave me, and when those cars are as good as FIAM makes them, I was actually able to get some amazing results. Winning for the very first time and standing atop the podium at Norisring was unlike anything that I've ever felt; that was definitely my most memorable day of the year. But again, I think that for me to run well enough to finish twelfth in points proves how hard everyone worked, and I couldn't be happier with what we've done in only one year."

He then moved on to discuss his hopes and expectations for the new season.

"I couldn’t be more excited! I've been anticipating the start of the new year ever since the checkered flag fell in Manhattan. [laughs] I'm absolutely confident that this is going to be FIAM’s best year yet! This has been a race-winning team for the past two seasons, but if I can do my part and make the most of my cars as a driver, then this year we are going to be championship contenders. Everyone’s working harder than ever, and the development on the new Desio is progressing well; it's looking to be everything that I could ask for in a stock car! Speaking of which, that’s something else that I’m looking forward to! I obviously grew up racing the American stock cars with dreams of racing in FARC and the TM Master Cup Series, and I’m excited that Dash Cup will be using them again soon! I’ve really missed the ovals, and especially the superspeedways. The thrill of racing at top speed is unlike anything else, and my two best FARC Elite Series races were at New York Autoring. Don’t get me wrong; the touring cars are fun, and it’s a little disappointing for me personally that we won’t be going back to Germany. But with the great variety of tracks and Master Cup-style cars and all of the talents in this series, 2016 is going to be a blast!"

Fochesato concluded with his thoughts on his decision to resign with FIAM Engineering after being sought after during 2015 by both Ben Atkins and Jack Golden to drive for their respective teams.

"I know that my career hasn’t been very long, but that was definitely the hardest decision that I’ve ever made. I don’t really need to tell anyone how good Ben Atkins’s team is. ATK just won the driver’s title, and they have a killer lineup hired for this year. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; Ben knows who to hire better than any man in motorsports that I’ve ever seen. And Jack Golden may not be well-known as Ben, but it was no easier to decline his offer, either. His team is transforming into a force of their own, and they’re going to be winning races with the drivers that they have. But as hard as it was, I’m happy with the decision I made and have had no second thoughts about it. Admittedly, our team did not have the best resources of all the teams last year. But with François Bouillon heading the operation here at FIAM and where we’re poised to go with the offseason work that’s being done, I see this operation becoming one of the best in the garage, and I know that I’m lucky to be on board."

The seventeenth edition of the Pirelli Stock Series is scheduled to begin in late in February, consisting of two exhibition races at Toddring before a trio of points races the following day at the same facility to officially open the season.

Fochesato would make one final statement before the conclusion of the conference.

"At this point, it’s anyone’s guess what will become of 2016, but I’m confident that FIAM Engineering will achieve amazing things. Whatever happens, I’m grateful to be a part of it all, and I cannot wait to go racing!"
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Autosport Canadien wrote:Tousenne Scaling Down To Two-Cars Full Time
The #91 And #90 Will Run All Of Dash Cup Rounds. Klaus Schmidt in the #92 Will Run The Races Outside OF England While  Alan Devonshire Will Run Races 1-2 And Finale And Aleksandr Floros Will Run 3 And 4 And The Finale Alongside Ryan Pritchard Who is Only Running New York For The Team Due To RDR Not Being Able to run a car.
Dexter249

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:47 pm

ATK to field 2 cars in Aspira Juniors for Emily Brannagan and another driver in 2016

Not only will Emily Brannagan, the 16 year old who nearly won the championship in the inaugural season of the Aspira Juniors series, get a few chances to show what's she's worth in the big leagues, but she will also run another season of Aspira Juniors for the team that won the Drivers' Championship with Cassandra Collins in 2015.

Brannagan has yet to win the Aspira Juniors series, but was by far the most consistent driver in the series, finishing third in points and entering the last race of the season at Oulton Park with a mathematical chance at the title, which Dan Johnson and Hannagan Enterprises ended up winning.

As the Scot will be racing the season opener at Toddring, as well as Rockingham and Mallory Park in the Pirelli Stock Series, there will be no schedule clashes as the Aspira Juniors season will begin on March 26th at Brands Hatch; an off week for the Stock Series.

On top of announcing her racing schedule for the 2016 season, Brannagan announced that she will be sponsored by Pixar for the upcoming season in both series. While Pixar will not sponsor Atkins, who will drive the #5 Stock Series car at Oulton Park, Daytona and New York, Atkins announced that he will be sporting a non-profit organisation in his share of the races; "Racers Against Drunk Driving". This comes after his sister-in-law, Chloe, was severely injured in a car accident on New Years Day which was caused by a drunk driver.

The second driver for the team is currently unknown.

NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Autosport Canadien wrote:Tousenne Will Run New Lineup For New York Alan Devonshire Will Not Run New York As He Will Be Running In The Streets Of New York Driving in Touring Cars The Team Has Elected Mr.Apollo Agne To Run New York If He Recovers From Serious Injury After Testing The Planned Balkan Car
Dexter249

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:46 am

I've started to go through the posts and accept more entries for the series. There are still around 15 full time entries to be accepted (I'm aiming for 60 full time cars) and I'm still going to accept more entries as time goes on.

I'll be posting the painting regulations pretty soon, and I don't expect the ratings package to change dramatically. Very Happy

Also, I'm aiming for 30 cars in Aspira Juniors. I should be adding some more soon myself, but there are still many more slots open there!!!

NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 am

Tousenne To Pull Plug On Part Time Entries?
Apparently Nomado Tousenne Has Put Klaus Schmidt on The Full Time List And Part Time Entries have been abolished
Entries
#90 Amethyst Katsoros
#91 Alexander Devonshire 
#92 Klaus Schmidt

(OOC: Ben  I've Abolished My Part Time Cars I'm Only Running 3 Cars Vehicle Will Be Corsa Or Volpi SR560)
Dexter249

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Autosport France's Aspira Juniors program to remain for 2016.

The team of Mario Cormier, the grandson of team owner, Jean, will be running his father's famous #4, while Andre Bernier will continue in the 16 car. Both cars will be sponsored by AXA Insurance.

Mauricio Gallardo to Pirelli Stock Series?

The Spanish driver, who ran in oval stock last year, is planning to return in the main Dash Cup series, with his own family owned team, Gallardo Autosport, which ran some races in 2014 and 2015. Respol would return to the #050, Kanako Youkusei.

Autosport France finalise 2016 plans.
The Caen, France operation has released a video showing their 2016 cars, with Suzette Doiron running the #42, Canal+, Meprise Chatte. While Pascal Vallee, would run the #27, AXA Insurance, Meprise Chatte. The 3rd car was not shown, but rumors are that Lydia McKenzie, would be piloting the car for a few races. Rebecca Pellerin also has been rumored to run a race or two, when PART and Dash Cup doesn't conflict.
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:09 am

Pennington, Reid unsure of 2016 plans
Aspira Juniors driver Will Pennington is mulling over what the future holds for his racing career. The young Briton debuted in the new series last season with Carter Racing and had a fairly up and down year. It is currently unknown what Carter Racing's Aspira Juniors plans are for 2016, however Emily Brannagan has moved over to the new ATK operation to partner newcomer Kailin Donahue. Pennington is remaining upbeat.

"It was my first season in a new series so you can't expect too much really. I'm was learning, getting used to the car and gradually becoming more and more comfortable with the team environment".

Another driver who's plans are up in the air is 16-year-old Bria Reid, who has been dumped by the now JGE-Mackintosh operation in favour of karting star Tarryn Bradshaw. Reid, who ran in Twitter/Vine colours last season isn't upset at the team.

"Nah, I'm not too unhappy with the team. It was a one-year deal so you know, can't blame them for not keeping me on, they gotta go with who they think is the best fit for them".

It is understood that the Twitter/Vine sponsorship and Reid come as a package, as she still remains a brand partner of the company.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:58 am

I should note that since I painted a number of the Aspira Juniors cars last season, I still have them. If you're a returning team (and not changing sponsors), let me know and I'll transfer the old paint to the new template.
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Makoto Yamada Sets Sights on 2016 Dash Cup Ride

Former ARLA/FARC driver Makoto Yamada is currently looking for a ride in a new series with brand new challenges and opportunities. Supposedly Yamada is extremely interested in attempting a full year Dash Cup schedule. Yamada would maintain sponsorship from Black Dog Home Security, his 2013 FARC sponsor and possibly Kohta Electric. While there is some talk he is attempting to put together a team with his father, successful businessman Shinji Yamada, Yamada is likely looking for an open seat at an already existing team.  If a team need an experienced driver from outside the Dash Cup circuit, I would be happy to drive for them." If a full time entry does not come calling, Makoto, backed by his father, will attempt a part-time schedule with their own team if possible. Yamada won two races while driving for Big Mac Racing in ARLA/FARC.
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:10 am

FIAM development drivers to return with Lugo
Aspira Junior Series team Lugo Motorsport will return in 2016 with the same driver line-up and sponsor combination as the 2015 season. Andrea Sinigallia and Renzo Emilio, both race winners in the series in 2015, receive backing from the FIAM Engineering programme.
Milan655
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:16 am

Linkonson Autobahn will return for Aspira Juniors Series, everything will be the same.

Last edited by NASCARLOVER427 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by kriswascher97 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Wascher and his team Yooper Motorsports change gears to Aspira Juniors
Kris Wascher decided to change focus to the Junior series sunday morning.
"I really don't think this team and I deserve to be in Dash Cup. We need to work our way up like everyone else did, so we feel that the Aspira Juniors is the right decision. After a year of Juniors, we should be ready for the main series."
Wascher hopes that this change of plans will have more success.
kriswascher97

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtvYja5UXKrisk0OV2_lZQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Morton searching for 2016 ride, nervous with not many Super Touring slots left

With most seats already occupied for 2016 barring new teams developing and offering rides, Dan Morton, who has driven part-time in Dash Cupfor the past two seasons, may be on the outside looking in.

After coming onto the Dash Cup scene strong in 2013 for Scuderia Pazzano powered by the Eichholtz manufacturer, Morton won two of his first four races with the team, earning himself a one-off deal with Ben Atkins' team in the #84 where engine troubles thwarted his bid to win. Since then, he has run generally good in part-time efforts, but nothing terribly special. He has been left out of a ride for now as Matthews and Atlantic have merged and spots were taken by Matthews drivers and personnel. Now with the season over and the Silly Season beginning to slow slightly, the Bristol native is looking for something, preferably full-time.

"Well, this is a bit of a difficult spot right now." The 29-year-old Brit assessed to the press on a cloudy Sunday afternoon. "Atlantic have been fantastic to me over the course of the past two years and I cannot thank them enough for putting their faith in me. However, with time, things change and they felt that forming with Matthews was best for their longevity. And can you blame them?; they were doing a hell of a job with their program as it was. But meetings went on and I was sorta left out. I lost no respect for those teams, though. I'm just thankful for everything."

"Do you see yourself going to a particular team in Super Touring or have you decided to look elsewhere?"

"Er, I've given it a thought, but I haven't made up my mind on that just yet. I've got time still. It's just a matter of finding something out and I'm keeping my hopes high."

Casey Lester, a friend of Morton's, said that unless Morton needed a ride, he would not field an entry. However, Lester has not said anything in response to this as of now.
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:37 pm

New Dutch team for the Aspira Junior Cup?

Meijer Performance Racing, a team founded by experienced Dutch engine builder Hugo Meijer, have announced they will apply for a Dash Cup entry. The team, based just down the road from Assen Raceway, will be looking to field either one or two cars in the Aspira series. Drivers have yet to be decided, but it is understood that former Formula C driver* Roland de Vries may well be in line for a seat.

*From what I remember Formula C was the mention only canon equivalent of Formula 3
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:43 am

The CRU set to Continue in Aspira Juniors

After making their national debut in the Dash Cup Aspira Juniors series last season, Cardel Racing United are set to continue where they left off after a successful 2015 campaign with Michaela Martin at the wheel.

"It was a pretty steep learning curve for us to start," admits Michael Cardel, team owner and father to current German Supercar driver Darren Cardel, "there was a lot of differences in level of preparation that was required compared to what we were used to in the regional STS series, but once we found our rhythm the success started to follow for Micheal (Martin)."

Michael went on to confirm that once again, they have their funding secured for all the races that are in the United Kingdom but remains marginal for any event in Continental Europe. Michaela Martin is set to return behind the wheel of the number 40 Automation Game Matthews Aspira.

Last season's livery can be used again.

Last edited by RealRacingRoots on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:07 pm

TDR Officially Suspends Aspira Juniors Program, Focus Fully on 2016 Pirelli Stock Series Campaign

Tom Delgado Racing announced the "temporary suspension" of their Aspira Juniors operations, citing a desire to focus entirely on their 2016 Dash Cup Pirelli Stock Series campaign. The news comes days after they released photos of team drivers Carla Rosinski & Amanda Torres during a recent photo shoot.

"We must focus on winning the Pirelli Stock Series championship this season. In order to achieve this goal, we must pool all our current Dash Cup-related resources and have everyone in the fold working towards one specific goal" Acting team principal Erik Stenstrom said in a conference call. Stenstrom was hired just after the new year to act as team principal in place of Tom Delgado, who is staying in New York this year as he continues cancer treatments.

Unfortunately, this leaves Hartlepool-born Briton Shane Leitch out of a ride for 2016. It is believed that despite a win last year, he is not ready for the Stock Series and would benefit from more seasoning in Aspira Juniors competition. While he remains contracted to TDR on a driver development deal, he could potentially be sent out on loan to another team for the year in an attempt to garner seat time.
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kriswascher97 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Wascher confirms sponsor, number, and car owner for Aspira Juniors
The car is owned by Wascher himself, his number is 906, and the sponsor will be Red Bull and KTM
kriswascher97

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtvYja5UXKrisk0OV2_lZQ

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 pm

LIME to cut down to two cars. Dubout kept as reserve driver.

Ashley Ambercroft and Sakura Motoko will be spearheading the team's efforts with Dubout being kept away as a reserve driver. The team will primarily be sponsored by Lycoia Motors with a Tertiary sponsor from Castrol. Ambercroft will most likely return to the 40 car as Motoko will likely retake the 41 car.

Outside the actual design, their car colors alternate to help differentiate the two drivers if both are seen on track at the same time.

Lycoia Motors to debut newly redesigned Infiltrator for teams to use

What can only be seen as a predicted move on the company's part. The Impulse, which was the model of various Dash cup teams in the previous season, will be replaced by the Infiltrator. The Infiltrator, which received a well overdue facelift, will also debut in the TM Master Cup series this season. It is known that several teams have decided to go to other manufacturers but that hasn't stopped Lycoia... yet.
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:44 am

Swedish Team Autosport Roden Eyeing Dash Cup Bid

Rumors are Swedish racing team Autosport Roden has shown interest in running a team in Dash Cup for 2016. While not a whole lot is known yet, they appear to have the backing to run at least one full-time car. They have been linked to SanctumGroup Engines, which has also expressed interest in running a privateer chassis in Dash Cup. This could come into fruition, however the team has yet to announce anything.

SuzukaCorp. Could Return in 2016?

Japanese race team SuzukaCorp. could re-emerge in the Dash Cup in 2016. The team last ran in 2013, fielding a car for Daniel Miller and then Kai Arakaki. They are looking to run one full-time car. Drivers linked to the ride have been Arakaki, along with former series winner and 2015 Oval Stocks runner-up Christian McMillan, who currently doesn't have a ride lined up for 2016.
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm not going to be accepting any more full time entries for the Super Stock series, but Aspira Juniors slots are still well open!

On top of that, there are a few part-time slots going in Super Stock!

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Meh, Might as well go for Juniors before going part-time in Super Stock.
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:54 am

New Dash Cup hopeful bringing controversial driver into Dash Cup fold.

While a bit last second, English born, Australian businessman Jack Morrison has Started up a Dash Cup team. That's not the big news though, the big news is who he has driving for him. Current Australian Super Car driver Ian Morris has been announced as driver. Morris is remembered by most in Europe as being the overly aggressive driver who cost his teammate the title in 2007 and was essentially exiled from the English motorsports scene sine then. No word on number , sponsor, or make, but if this team is accepted, it should be an interesting year to say the least.
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:16 am

Ren-Ran/FAC Autosport plan Aspria Juniors team; Rantanen's and Rennfahrer's children to run

It's been an offseason of expansion for the newly rechristened Ren-Ran/FAC Autosport, who partnered with Frank Azure in order to give them the proper financial support needed to return to the Dash Cup Pirelli Stock Series grid full time in 2016.  Now that there Stock Series plans are finalized, the next step is development.  RRFA has reveled there intentions to field an Aspira Juniors team to develop young talent.  In order to get the program of the ground, co-owners Hans Rennfahrer and Miko Rantanen didn't have to look far for drivers.  If the program is accepted, the team will have Rantanen's 15-year old son, Tahvo, and Rennfahrer's 16-year old daughter, Romy, run for them.

Tahvo is aspiring to have a career in racing like his dad and has run in karting leagues across Finland.  Romy doesn't have much experience in racing, but Rennfahrer believes running in Aspira Juniors will give her much needed experience.  Rennfahrer stated that the Aspira Juniors Series is a way to build for the future. With Rantanen being 39, and Azure, 55, done with full-time racing, the team is planning for the team's future, and having their children in the cars is the start.
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:03 pm

A.J.A Racing plans to go into the Juniors
AJA Racing, the team co-owned by Joel "Jinx" Rodriguez along with Tommy Ashby and his son Trey, are looking into expanding into the Aspiras Juniors series. With at least 1 spot available, possibly 2 depending on what Dash Cup officials say, the team will gladly accept any drivers looking for a ride into 2016
(OOC: Just PM me or Jinx if anyone would like the spot)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:58 pm

For the Tourers Championship, I am only going to have about 10-12 cars run full time in the series, and will only have about 20 cars show up for each event. I will also be preferential towards cars that ran last season (whether it be unmodified or bought by another team and ARCA'd up modified), but most cars will be on the part time list, and probably only doing 1 or 2 races. Very Happy

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Rookie Tony Long Applies for Aspira Juniors, Where is in Question

17 year old Tony Long will look to make his career start in the Aspira Juniors series in 2016, however, Tony is not sure where he will end up for 2016.

Tony said, "I hope to run the full season in the Juniors series but the future will have to be a wait and see."

Tony has expressed interest in joining the Joel Rodriguez team as well as the 2nd car for ATK. While he is hopeful for one of those two rides, he is willing to join any team that finds interest in the young Michigander. If no team shows any interest in giving the 17 year old a chance, he will drive for his own team if the situation arises.

Tony is known for being a local race winner and has multiple wins in the Pontiac Cup Series. He is known for being a well rounded, consistent driver who shows no fear of any driver on track. Off the track, Tony is known for his few words said and his respect for all.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Alex Constantine will run in the Tourers Series Full Time with the car he ran and failed to qualify with at Spa.

when questioned about this decision, he said, "3 reasons, I ran well in the Dover race in PART, that car is just lying there, and I have nothing better to do than sit at home and play Smash Bros, Corrin's actually a pretty good character."
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:04 pm

JGE sells its 2015 car
Jack Golden Enterprises has sold its old 2015 car to Mackintosh Motor Sport as part of its Dash Cup partnership with the team. MMS will run the Impulse in the new Tourers Championship, possibly alongside another car yet to be sourced from another team.

It is understood that Bria Reid, Will Pennington and Sara O'Rodagh are in line for the seat(s).

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:15 am

Aric Wolff On The Move To Dash Cup?

Up and coming German-American racer Aric Wolff seems to be on the move to find a home for 2016, could Dash Cup be one of them. The new Nurburgring time record holder has had a decent season racing in the World Challenge Cup, picking up a win in his first few starts. Red Devil Autosport has been silent about 2016, but could be using their limited funds to try and find a home somewhere in Dash Cup.
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Sara O'Rodagh signs with Mackintosh Motor Sport
Sara O'Rodagh will drive the #77 Mackintosh Motor Sport Lycoia Impulse in the 2016 Dash Cup Tourers Championship. She joins the team fresh from the Irish Touring Car series, where she placed 7th in the final 2015 standings.

O'Rodagh's sister Becky previously competed with MMS in the 2014 and 2015 seasons of the EuroV8 Cup.

Sponsorship for the entry will come from Barry's Tea, previously a sponsor on Becky's EuroV8 Cup car.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Tony Long Explains Preparation for 1st Juniors Series Season

In a recent interview, Tony Long talked about what his preparation for his first Aspira Juniors season as nerve racking and exciting.

"The off season has been like being a draft prospect waiting for the call to get on a team. I am not saying what is happening with me right now is exactly like that, but the nerves are massive."

Tony's last race in competition came in the Pontiac Cup Series almost 2 years ago. Since then, the only racing he has done is simulation racing.

"It doesn't help when the car that I will drive is a car I have never been in. I have been in trucks, stock cars, and dirt cars, but this car is different."

"There are going to be drivers from all over the world, different racing backgrounds, racing styles, it will be fun to grow with the drivers I will be racing with."

Tony Long Waiting on AJA Racing for Decision

Tony Long also said in the interview he has been in contact with the Ashby's about driving their car for 2016.

"Trey, Tommy, and myself have been talking. I have not heard much back from either. Joel and I have not talked with eachother but I am not sure what AJA is doing behind the scenes."

"Who knows outside of those three. I might be considered, I might not be considered, I just don't know."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:01 pm

Reid to AJA?

After being essentially dumped on to the free agent market, a new home for Bria Reid may have been found. Reid was let go by JGE-Mackintosh after the partial sale of the team to Jack Golden and was subsequently replaced by karting prodigy Tarryn Bradshaw. It was rumoured that Reid's agent Billy Francis held talks with Team Kwik Fit, though nothing came of them as ultimately Will Pennington and Ryan Truro Jr. got the seats.

However, another option is understood to be in the mix. Reports from a source at AJA Racing have told us that Francis and Reid did visit the team headquarters for a meeting with the Ashbys and stated that it was "quite lengthy. She [Reid] was quite happy afterwards, take from that what you will".

AJA Racing and Francis did not respond to our requests for comment.

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:11 am

Imola Racing Team set to prepare Tourer for Giuseppe Marchetti
Italian Touring Car champions, Imola Racing Team, have announced plans to run former Dash Cup race-winner Giuseppe Marchetti in a year old FIAM CinqueTC for the upcoming 2016 Dash Cup Tourers championship. Giuseppe Marchetti had been a factory FIAM driver before being dropped midway through the 2015 season in favour of EuroV8 Cup front runner J-M Perreault following a string of off track spats and poor performances.

Marchetti is expected to compete on a part-time basis, setting his main focus on the new AmeriCar Road Racing series, with the Italian considering starting at the Mallory Park and Thruxton rounds.

The outspoken Italian has remained silent since, making sporadic appearances in the Italian Touring Car championship with Imola Racing Team before agreeing to participate in this years inaugural season of the AmeriCar series.

The Italian team, who famously have run car #2 in the Italian Touring Car championship for the past 18 years, will likely compete under the same number with sponsorship arriving from Bossini and Lucchini.

The team also aims to see Bruno Giovanardi, the team manager of IRT and older brother of Dash Cup driver Franco Giovanardi, contest one round at Croft in the same car.
Milan655
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:48 am

Union Jack to run part time R&D Team

The newest team in Dash Cup, Union Jack Motorsport Enterprises, and owner Jack Morrison have announced plans to run a second car for five races.

"We're new so getting up off the ground and going fast is a matter of data and having extra pair of wheels on track will give us a better
idea of what we're doing"

"We are planning on hiring a veteran driver and have him run mostly ovals that's were we need the most help"

(Ben okayed this in private earlier for those wondering.)  
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Tony Long Announces 2016 Independent Drive

After a long wait, 17 year old Tony Long decided he will go Independent for the Aspira Juniors.

"I have a short period of time to get ready for a competitive return, I have to get to England to build the team, build a car, test it, and prepare for what happens. This was a decision I made not because of money or patience running out, time was the main factor period."

Tony was thinking that he might be driving for the Ashby's and Joel Rodriguez, but as time flew on, Tony felt his hopes of getting that seat was slowly decreasing.

Tony Long Will Drive Super Stocks Part Time

Tony also announced that he will drive part time in the Dash Cup with his own team.

"I plan on running in the 919 car, using hopefully the new Lycoia, and driving 4 races and the over capacity races. I plan on running at Rockingham, Oulton, France, and Calder to stay in or close to England."

"I hope to have some good showings at these races and the over capacity races to get something going in the future."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:07 pm

United World Touring To Enter Aspira Juniors And Touring
Drivers are mentioned here
Touring
#12 Alexander Devonshire (UK)
#21 Alan Devonshire (UK)
Aspira
#101 Richard Evans (Ireland)
#201 Michael Reed (UK)
The Manufacturer Will Be Mostly likely the Matthews Aspira DC And All Cars Will be Unsponsored
Dexter249

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:06 am

Courtney Fransisco will be returning for the Junior series.
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Tony Long Hiring Former TM Master Cup Series Driver for Help?

A rumor has been thrown around that Tony Long's crew chief might be a former TM Master Cup Series driver. It has been rumored that the driver is either Lorne Roth, Niels Tillonen (Close enough, maybe?), or Ethan Everett.

When asked about this, Tony said "I already have a crew cheif, he is not a former driver. I don't have the kind of funding to pay for a former driver to help out my team. I have enough money for buying Lycoia's, traveling, and paying the crew. If I had a big name crew chief, I wouldn't have a crew to build the cars."

Tony Long Autosport is not a very well funded team, but they do the best with what they have.

"If for some reason, all the world goes to heck and I win a Dash Cup race, then maybe I could hire a big name crew chief."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Meijer Performance announce drivers for 2016

Team boss Hugo Meijer has announced that Dutchman Roland de Vries and Argentinean Fernando Mercado will drive the teams two cars in the Aspira Junior Cup. The cars will be numbered 90 and 91, and will have main sponsorship from TNT Express couriers
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Tony Long Autosport Independence in Garage Understated

The boys at Tony Long Autosport have taken their "independent" tag and ran with it. The only part of T.L.A that is dependent is the car body. The Lycoia Infiltrator body showed promise to Tony and his team.

Tony said the team spent most of the time on the engine while Lycoia provided the body and paint scheme.

In the garage area, Tony Long has only been seen either (a) on track in the car, (b) helping his crew on the car, or (c) talking with Lycoia about the positives and negatives of the new Infiltrator.

"There is a lot going on for me. It has been a long time since I have been around the garage area as a driver. Now as a driver owner, it is hard for me to be as active socially as I once was."

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Tony Long Autosport Announce a New Sponsor

Tony Long's funding just got a big boost. Earlier today, Tony Long Autosport announced that bowling company MOTIV will sponsor the 919 car at Spa and New York.

Little known fact, Tony Long loves bowling (I carry a 200 average, ahh narcissism).

"This is a huge help for the team and I. MOTIV is one of the major bowling companies in the world. They have many tournament victories to their name, they have great equipment, and is creating even better equipment."

MOTIV declined to comment.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't have an offline copy of the Aspira Juniors team chart, so until that is posted, that series won't get off the ground for this season. However, the Super Stocks series is very close to starting, I've just been working a lot so I haven't had the opportunity to make videos for anything yet.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:I don't have an offline copy of the Aspira Juniors team chart, so until that is posted, that series won't get off the ground for this season. However, the Super Stocks series is very close to starting, I've just been working a lot so I haven't had the opportunity to make videos for anything yet.

Great! I am glad I can get back involved in a series on here full time.
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:36 am

Ben Atkins wrote:I don't have an offline copy of the Aspira Juniors team chart, so until that is posted, that series won't get off the ground for this season. However, the Super Stocks series is very close to starting, I've just been working a lot so I haven't had the opportunity to make videos for anything yet.

I have the team charts son, lemme put it up here: beep boop cache it has not been updated since March 14th, so it's still really new.
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Audra Baranauskas is looking for a ride.

Last edited by Persona40 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Persona40
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top