Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Chevrolet Indy Duel in Detroit - IndyCar Series

+18
f1fan12
bigdc48
BWard
RetrogradeRenegade
Alta
PackerMan71
Lucstar88
Tanrar
Milan655
Memoriesallbutdone
Mother of Invention
navycook75
SpeedDemon37
BooyakaDragon
day500champ1
vbooy57
Ben Atkins
RyanB06
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2015 Chevrolet Indy Duel in Detroit - IndyCar Series - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Chevrolet Indy Duel in Detroit - IndyCar Series

Post by f1fan12 Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Sage Karam has no clue what he is doing. He is a wrecking ball when he is racing normally. He has been shown to hold grudges against drivers that have their stripes. He has absolutely no respect for others on the track. He needs to be kicked out, and that very good Ganassi car given to someone else. I think Daly and Vautier showed that they are much better candidates for that ride then Karam is!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

2015 Chevrolet Indy Duel in Detroit - IndyCar Series - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Chevrolet Indy Duel in Detroit - IndyCar Series

Post by Sparkz47 Sun May 31, 2015 10:26 pm

Race #2 was alright, but it could have been so much better with improvements in two crucial areas.

For one, and I'm sure I've harped on this before, cars should not be stalling after minor contact or harmless spins. It's makes the sport look amateurish when the drivers need an entire truck full of people to come jump them after a simple spin, and it holds up the race by forcing an FCY because said crews need onto the circuit to deal with a bricked vehicle. Some sort of anti-stall system is desperately needed in order to keep these races moving along. Or, at the very least, maybe work on developing an on-board starter so the drivers could re-fire the cars themselves.

And for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, throw a local yellow once in a while. So many times, and I'm not just talking about Detroit, we've seen incidents on-track that could easily be handled without stopping the racing, but instead completely interrupt the action because the powers that be never throw locals. Take Kimball and Dixon's little love tap today. Dixon hit the tire barrier directly in front of an opening, with marshals standing right there. It would have taken them less than a minute to display the flags in the vicinity, get the car on rollers, and pull it behind the wall. But no, full-course yellow, again. And that's not even mentioning the constant debris yellows.

IndyCar needs to figure something out, because this kind of stop-and-go approach is not working.

Last edited by Sparkz47 on Sun May 31, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun May 31, 2015 10:28 pm

Reject of the Race is easy: ABC 7 Chicago

Race broadcast was supposed to air here at 4 because of a fucking roidball game between the Cubs and some shitbags from Kansas City that barely anyone cares about unless they just hate the other team or want to see the other team lose.

The actual broadcast started at 3:30.

Guess what never aired in the third-biggest market in the US?

I listened to the radio feed. It had Paul Page on it.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:26 am

Cynon wrote:Reject of the Race is easy: ABC 7 Chicago

Race broadcast was supposed to air here at 4 because of a fucking roidball game between the Cubs and some shitbags from Kansas City that barely anyone cares about unless they just hate the other team or want to see the other team lose.

Meanwhile, in Canada.... They were showing Volleyball on the main channel that Race 2 was suppose to be on. The kicker, it wasn't even women's volleyball. Rolling Eyes

Anyways. Race 2 was fun. Vautier hitting the bump on the bridge and dumping Power who found himself in no-mans land, where he put himself btw, was pretty funny.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 pm

RealRacingRoots wrote:

Meanwhile, in Canada.... They were showing Volleyball on the main channel that Race 2 was suppose to be on. The kicker, it wasn't even women's volleyball. Rolling Eyes

Anyways. Race 2 was fun. Vautier hitting the bump on the bridge and dumping Power who found himself in no-mans land, where he put himself btw, was pretty funny.

Let me guess City? Razz
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:19 pm

I think that it would be a little much to kick Karam out of the series, but he definitely displayed some very poor driving and attitude on the track this weekend. I still think that he was the victim of Sato's mistake at Indianapolis, but how he drove this weekend was pretty inexcusable. He's very talented, but I've lost a lot of respect for him.

I do wish that there was more green flag racing, but I thought that the action under green was entertaining, and the strategy with the Andretti cars in Race 1 was interesting to watch unfold! More personal reasons for my satisfaction of the race include a podium with both Sato and Rahal on it in Race 2. Despite the washout, I still wish that I could have been there for Race 1, but hopefully the series will return next year!

Also, the TUDOR race was an entertaining one again this year. Eric Curran and Dane Cameron did a fantastic job to earn the lead and score the win, although I wish that Barbosa could have kept his car under control on the last lap and fought his teammate for the victory.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:51 pm

On ESPN UK, the first 5 mins of the pre-race broadcast were cut off when the Womens' College Soft Ball went into extra time. Thankfully they switched over to the IndyCar prior to the race..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:27 pm

So I'm just going to say, having been out there Saturday and Sunday...50 degree weather, high winds and rain make for a pretty bad time. The racing was good though, I enjoyed it. And Belle Isle is awesome. As Stephen Colbert says "Belle means beautiful, and Isle means 'not attached to Detroit'".

All in all, good weekend. 8.5/10 would Detroit GP again
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2