2015 Mid-Season Press Releases

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2015 Mid-Season Press Releases

Post by Ben Atkins on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:08 pm

I had this idea for a little while now where you could write-up random press releases, focusing on particular teams/drivers/tracks in the mid-season if you choose to. I figured it would be a good way to be able to make stories without restricting yourself to the Twitter thread or cluttering up sub-forums with lots of different threads. Silly Season news is also fair-game here until I decide to put up the 2016 Silly Season thread, which is still a while off Razz

If I wasn't a bit pressed for time, I'd contribute immediately, since I do have some ideas on what I want to write up, but instead I'll go ahead and say go wild! Very Happy

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 79 (Latest - GOMA F5 at Vancouver [03/24/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile http://www.cobaltdesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 Mid-Season Press Releases

Post by Milan655 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Giuseppe Marchetti could be left on free-market following yet more negative publicity
Former National Racing Championship champion and Dash Cup race winner, Giuseppe Marchetti, could be left searching for another time come the end of the 2015 season following his third fine from his Dash Cup team FIAM Engineering after recent images emerged of him smoking cigarettes.

"It's not the worst thing he could have done, but this is far from the image we want presenting our team," FIAM sporting director and ex-FIAM driver Francois Bouillion told press in a recent interview with AutoItalia.

"We can't have our drivers setting a poor example in front of the fans and young drivers, and it certainly isn't what FIAM want to be associated with. So, as such, we have once again warned Giuseppe and have fined him."

This isn't the first time the Italian has been fined by his team having received fines for verbally assaulting at then-team mate Sakura Motoko in 2014 and for "misrepresentation" following further extravagant remarks made to the media.

With Giuseppe Marchetti's contract running to it's end following this season, FIAM would be unlikely to put forward further contract negotiations should his behave fail to change which could potentially leave the talented Italian without a drive next season should no other teams be willing to put forward a contract for him.

He faces further threat to his race seat with FIAM's strong line up of supported drivers in other series including European Late Model Challenge champion Christian McMillan and EuroV8 Cup front runners Franco Giovanardi and Jean-Marc Perreault.

Despite his regular misbehaviour Marchetti still remains one of many highly talented drivers in the Dash Cup and could likely find refuge in another team.
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Up and coming driver Matilda Dillinger to make Oval Stocks debut at season finale

Much like that of fellow young driver Cassandra Collins, current Road Legends car driver Matilda Dillinger has been scouted by Team Kwik Fit, and the young driver is set the make her series début at Eurospeedway. Dillinger, 16, has been the series champion ever since Cassandra Collins left the series in 2012, taking the 2013 and most recently, 2014 titles, and in the tradition of Team Kwik Fit, they scouted the most recent champion of the series. 

Dillinger is expected to go full time in the Oval Stocks series for the 2016 season, running select races in the Super Touring series if space in the team allows. The part-time slot is currently taken by Lucia Moreno, but if spaces allow, Team Kwik Fit are looking to make Moreno a full-time driver if she does find or retain her ride in the British GT series in which she currently runs in full time. Dillinger also has personal sponsorship from Red Bull, one of the many sponsors for Hannah Percy, the reigning series champion who also drives for Team Kwik Fit.

Dillinger's father also formerly raced in the Dash Cup series from 1999 until 2003. Peter Dillinger raced for Sampson STS Enterprises for those four years, where he notched 5 top 10s over the course of those 5 years with a best finish of 7th. His best points performance was 19th in 2001. Peter Dillinger also attempted the Spa GP from 2004 until 2007, but he DNQ'd each year.

Dillinger is not going to replace any of their current drivers who are set to run, but is set to run the #20 that Hannah Percy and Harriet Wallace are to be sharing over the course of the season. Percy could not muster up any results for the team at Toddring but is set to try her luck again at Rockingham.

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Details of #83 Schedule Confirmed

The #83 Defender Muffler Systems Impulse of 4-division race winner Tom Delgado will be showing up at the US-based races, officials at Tom Delgado Racing confirmed this afternoon. There were rumors that the team would try to show up at Mosport as well, but the travel in-between the FARC Elite Series event in Delaware on September 6th would be too crossed up for him to show up on the 20th at Talladega.

Thus, Dash Cup fans will only get to see Delgado in 4 events in 2015. His only Dash Cup victory came in the 2013 Championship Night event at the New York Autoring.
Magus978

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:04 am

Ryan Truro steps down from CEO position; Dean Thompson to step in

In the wake of Ebony Phillips' fatal accident at Rockingham in the Oval Stocks series, Ryan Truro has decided to step down from his position that he has carried ever since the revival of Dash Cup in 2012. Truro has overseen the series in some highs and lows, and Truro explained that so far this year, for him, has been "the lowest of the lows".

There has been no fatal accidents in the series before the 2012 season, but since Truro has stepped in, he has had to oversee four fatalities in the series; all of which in the stock car model that Truro introduced in the 2012 season. 

In a statement he made at 9am on the 23rd of March, Truro said that this was "the most difficult decision of his life, but also the correct one." He also said he was "ashamed as to how he could have let this happen," and that he felt he "should have been harsher of poor driving." 

Thompson is at Rockingham Motor Speedway to oversee what will hopefully be a safe fourth round of the Dash Cup Oval Stocks series.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:55 am

Matthews: Thompson "must not overreact"

In the wake of Ebony Phillips' fatal accident and CEO Ryan Truro's subsequent resignation, defending FARC Elite Series champion Ryan Matthews, he of four Dash Cup starts during the Truro era, spoke about the events during his weekly press availability.

"I'm saddened to hear of Ebony's passing," he said. "I never knew her, but from what Kellan (Rogers-Ashby) has told me she was a great person. It's never easy when a fellow racer passes away while doing what they love. I'll offer whatever support to the Phillips family that I can."

He also took the opportunity to slam the European press, as a number of outlets have called for new Dash Cup supremo Dean Thompson to severely discipline Rogers-Ashby, with some demanding her ouster from the series completely.

"I hope Dean Thompson doesn't overreact the way these clowns are," he said. "That accident wasn't Kellan's fault, as much as they'd love it to be so. They've never liked Kellan, even going so far as to root for Hannah Percy to win the title last season over her. I don't know if it bias, genuine hatred, or what, but I just hope that Thompson makes his own decisions."
RyanB06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu May 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Atlantic pressured to let Rogers-Ashby go at the end of the year?

Atlantic Motorsports could be forced to let Kellan Rogers-Ashby go at the end of the season after a mass calling from drivers and fans that her reckless antics over the course of the last few weeks have gone too far. In the most recent race at Clawhammer, Kellan Rogers-Ashby got on the wrong side of Lucia Moreno, Team Kwik Fit's current developmental Super Touring driver, when Moreno was sat in 3rd with three corners to go. Moreno was shoved out of the way by Rogers-Ashby twice in two corners and was demoted to 4th when the #27 eventually got by.

"I guess you don't see how bad it really is until you're the one in the firing line." said Moreno, "and even though it was just a pass, she easily could have done it cleanly. I had damage, and was at a disadvantage of the straights. The first bump, I thought was okay because it might just be a little lovetap, but the second time she just drilled me entering. She had no intention of making the pass cleanly and that's what hurts so much."

This was not the end for Kellan Rogers-Ashby, however, as the 21-year-old wrecked Patrick Arceneau early in race 2, then caused a sizeable melee in the final race of the weekend collecting Pierre Eiffel, Stasya Filipov, Lydia McKenzie and former series champions Ben Atkins and Reuben Vogt, at the fastest part of the track. Atkins came the worst out of the accident, breaking a bone in his foot in the accident after he hit Eiffel, then was struck by McKenzie and Vogt. 

"I've given Kellan the benefit of the doubt a lot of times but now it's like a routine." said Atkins, "She's hitting someone every week at this race. It's becoming ridiculous, and Dash Cup seriously need to throw the book at her now. I didn't feel like they needed to at first, but it's tiring now. She's costing these teams money, and she's giving herself and her team a bad reputation."

Kellan Rogers-Ashby, who was a title contender in 2014, but ultimately lost out to Hannah Percy, is considered the veteran driver in the Atlantic Motorsports line-up at the moment, but with Cassandra Collins and Natalie Kendall showing similar pace, and with young names such as Brianna McDonough and Lucia Moreno proving their speed and worth, this could see Rogers-Ashby's contract year be her last at the team.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Wed May 20, 2015 1:53 pm

"Atlantic epidemic caused by poor driver choices" says JP Beaufort

Four time series champion Jean Pierre Beaufort has given his opinion on the current situation at Atlantic Motorsports, and has penned down the teams "epidemic" because of poor driver choice on the part of the team. All three drivers that are full time in the Super Touring series are currently in the top 10 in points, but a rise in aggression from both Cassandra Collins and Kellan Rogers-Ashby was not foreseen by most, but JP Beaufort reckons it was going to happen.

"Cassandra is a good driver, but she needs to calm down in the car." said Beaufort, "but Kendall and Rogers have yet to prove anything. The only reason Rogers was in the hunt for the title last year was because she had the best car and Percy had bad luck. Percy took a downgrade this year and is still being Rogers-Ashby straight up."

"They made a good signing with Collins. I would have tried to keep Percy, ship Rogers-Ashby off then I would have tried to sign someone new and good. The Clagett siblings would have been a good signing as they have both proven themselves, and Carla Rosinski looked to be out of a ride for a while. I don't see why they chose Kendall over those two, or even [Stasya] Filipov or [Barney] Ward. However, she has shocked me so far this year and has been fast. I do hope she does keep that up."

Beaufort also said that Atlantic could have lured drivers from top series that were left out of rides to race in the series. Robert Dorian was in TM Master Cup in 2012 before making a shock move to TH Racing in Dash Cup, where he ended up winning the title then signing for ALERT for the 2014 season; the team that won the 2013 TM Master Cup series championship with Michael Sykes.

While drivers making the move to Dash Cup from higher tier series isn't unheard of, what was until recently was drivers making it to TMMC straight from Dash Cup. Drivers have had their breaks in the top tier of racing from the Dash Cup series; Hannah Percy was an Independent's Trophy driver in 2014 for Atlantic Motorsports, while Patrick Arceneau made a one-off appearance for Maximus Racing at France. Drivers have also tried their luck at Karjala consistently for the last few years; notably, Kellan Rogers-Ashby won the consolation race for the Karjala GP, fending off series regulars and other talents alike.

Jean Pierre Beaufort may have been a four time champion, but the Frenchman never got his break into the big sport, despite taking the 2008 season off in search of a higher tier ride, he was never picked up and was ultimately left out of the Dash Cup series in 2009, where he made a move to Formula B before retiring in 2011. He came out of retirement part-time this year to help Matteo Moretti, his friend and former teammate, where he will drive at France and Spa in the #13 car that Lydia McKenzie has guided to a points paying finish several times so far.

Atlantic Motorsports did not have an impressive qualifying showing at Oulton Park, the upcoming event, but this was largely down to both Rogers-Ashby and Collins being moved to the back of the grid. Their set qualifying lap times, a 1:18.442 for Rogers, and a 1:18.511 for Collins, would have been good enough to score slots on the front row for both of the drivers, which rubs salt in the wound. Their teammate, Natalie Kendall, who did not have a penalty, could only score 12th in the time trials with a 1:18.966, but Kendall will start 9th after 5th place qualifier Lucia Moreno's time was also disallowed, and she was also moved to the back of the grid.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 on Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Frank Azure to attempt Spa GP for Ren-Ran Autosport

Ren-Ran Autosport announced in a press conference at their German shop their plans for the Spa GP.  Co-owner Hans Rennfahrer announced that himself and sports car driver Nikolaus Rundstrom would once again be attempting Dash Cup's crown jewel event.  However, though RRA usually only fields three cars for the Spa GP,  Rennfahrer revealed that they would field a forth car for the event.  While it has been speculated and teased on Twitter the last few weeks, their suspicions were confirmed when Rennfahrer brought out a video moniter, and what appeared on the screen was American racing veteran and team owner Frank Azure live from the FAC Motorsports shop in Rhode Island as he could not be in Europe for the press conference.  After weeks of teasing, it was officially announced the Azure would attempt the Spa GP for Ren-Ran Autosport.

"Over the course of 35 years, longer than a lot of people in the sport today have been alive, I've done almost everything their is in racing.  I've raced in so many stock car leagues I can't even remember all of them. I was successful in sports cars. I've raced in Master Cup, FARC, ASCC, you name it.  I've raced at Karjala, hell I even won the FARC Rookie of the Year at age 53.  I was always interested in trying out Dash Cup, but an opportunity never presented itself.  So after I helped out Hans and Miko at Decatur in 2013 by giving them a car so they can actually show up, when we were all at Karjala last year, we hit it off.  And they said to me if you ever want to run a Dash Cup race, we'll give you a ride.  And being that I haven't done anything racing wise this season, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity." Azure stated via satellite.

Their relationship begin during 2013 Round of Decatur weekend, where RRA was on the entry list but did not know if they would even be able to make the trip to America.  Azure then gave them a call and gave them a year old FAC Motorsports car, the same car Azure qualified for the race the year before.  Rantanen narrowly put the car in the field and finished 15th after starting last.

"We are happy to be able to work with Frank and give him this opportunity.  We were, and still are, very grateful for what he did for us at Decatur in 2013.  A driver with his experience will certainly improve our chances of making the race" Rennfahrer stated.

RRA has fielded cars for the Spa GP since 2012.  However, they have only made the race once when Miko Rantanen qualified in the team only full time season in 2013.
racingfreak1999
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Thu May 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Gabriel Macena attempting Spa GP. Possible future in Dash Cup.

Recently it was announced that former Brazilian Stock Car Champion and currently FARC driver Gabriel Macena would attempt to race the Spa GP.

Macena has extensive experience in the Brazilian Stock Cars, which have similar specs to a Dash Cup car, and he announced that he may end up making a move full-time to Dash Cup if the opportunity appears, even if it means that he may run a self-owned car.

"I will do whatever I'm able to try to run a season in this series, I have former experience with touring cars, and to say the truth, I'm not interested in stock car racing as I was until this year, the only thing I'm thinking now is to finish the season and get some rest, then I'll see if the Dash Cup enviroment is comfortable and if its worth moving to Europe. I like touring car racing, and returning to it, is just what I need to start winning titles again."
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Thu May 21, 2015 4:16 pm

CONFIRMED: Tom Delgado Racing Will Not Appear at Spa GP

A week or so ago, Tom Delgado Racing announced on Twitter that it was unlikely that they would be ready in time for the Dash Cup's biggest race, the Spa GP. That "unlikely" has become a "definite". Team owner Tom Delgado announced in a press release that the team's Dash Cup preparations had gone pear-shaped and are still waiting on several parts to arrive at the team shop in Miami.

Statement from Tom Delgado, owner of Tom Delgado Racing: "Unfortunately, we will not be able to contest the Spa GP in 2015. We have experienced unprecedented delays in receiving parts to complete the #83 Defender Muffler Systems Impulse. These delays have cost us a significant amount of time in developing the car and preparing it to race. We at Tom Delgado Racing do not believe in doing anything half-assed. It would be unfair for racing fans in Belgium for us to show up with a half-complete car. We do, however, expect the car to be race ready by the time the Dash Cup Super Touring series comes to the United States."

Delgado, 40, is racing's only four-division race winner, and the reigning ASCC champion.
Magus978

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Thu May 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Pellerin running Spa GP, future in Dash Cup?

The young Canadian, who this year is competing in FARC races, is looking into a possible full-time 2016 ride. He has been contacted by several teams for his services. Luc hasn't made a commitment yet, but rumors are surfacing he may be entering with Autosport France or creating a new team from scratch with help from another competitor. His main sponsor STP has commented they could fund 75% of the races.
Lucstar88

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu May 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Carter STS and STS Racing Inc driver Line-up to be shaken up mid-season?

Mallory Park, 18th April 2015

After a dismal start to the season for the two main STS teams in the series, there have been rumours flying around that both teams could be looking to make changes to their line-ups as soon as the Dutch Grand Prix. Between the two teams, after four races, they only have two cars inside the top 20 in points; Amber Clagett in 15th, who is a rookie driver for STS, and Tanya Carter in 20th, who was a title contender for STS Racing, Inc in 2013. At this point last season, STS had two cars inside the top 10 in points, and Tanya Carter lead the points for a short while a few weeks after.

If any drivers were to be swapped, it is believed to be primarily Tommi Arjanien, Barney Ward and Stasya Filipov in trouble. All three are established winners in the series, and with both teams having a large pool of developmental drivers to pick from, they could face sitting out a few rounds if they are not deemed to be in championship contention soon. It is also rumoured that Barney Ward may be unsettled at the team anyway, and could be looking for a way out of the team before the Spa Grand Prix.

STS Racing, Inc have been more well off in the second tier of Dash Cup racing, as Carl Astor's risky fuel gamble at Rockingham paid off in the form of the recently turned 18 year old's first win. Astor currently sits 4th in points, but is being beaten by the impressive Amber Clagett, who is several months younger than Astor. The female Clagett has been the best performing driver in both Dash Cup series for the former powerhouses, and so it is assumed that her ride at the moment is safe.

Carter STS Racing also have an impressive choice of developmental drivers. Both Brianna McDonough and Louis Walters, the EuroV8 drivers, have scored impressive results in the series; both sat on the podium for the Rookie Race at Toddring, which McDonough dominated, and both have scored top 10's in the Super Touring series. Arguably, they should have had better results, particularly Walters, who was running in a podium spot at Brands Hatch before he was taken out by Daxter Hamlett.

Neither Garry Carter or Cassidy Evans, the owners of their respective teams, could be contacted to confirm the rumours.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Fri May 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Macena and Pellerin together for the seconcd straight year?

There are recent rumors pointing at Gabriel Macena's possible endeavours in Dash Cup racing. Reports from one of Macena's employees at the FARC operation, whose identity is undisclosed, says that Gabriel is getting fed up with FARC racing, and could've done better choices than running stock cars.

From what the reports have been pointing out, Luc Pellerin which currently drives one of the Macena cars in the North American series is expected to join Gabriel in 2016, on Dash Cup.

These reports have not been confirmed or denied by either Macena and Pellerin.
bsoyuz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Fri May 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Arabian Star Autosport plans to run Dubai and a part time schedule for 2016

Team owner Yashir Al-Fayed announced shortly after the French GP (OOC: thinking ahead here) that the team is set to race Dubai later in the season, and is preparing for a part time bid for next season. He went onto say that everything will stay the same for next year.
navycook75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Fri May 29, 2015 8:55 am

Struggling All For One Racing May Shut Down Mid-Season

All For One Racing has been struggling since it's inception-- both to win races and meet it's payroll. There have been no wins. In fact, they have struggled just to be competitive. Okay, that last sentence was a little misleading. The All For One Racing team has been involved in an inordinate amount of misfortune getting caught up in numerous accidents not of their own doing.

"Even though most of the incidents were not our fault, the result was the same-- severely damaged or destroyed equipment. That all costs money to replace and repair," owner Cardinale Richelieu explained.

Others in the paddock seem to think that Richelieu may have mismanaged funds generated both for and by the team.

"If I blundered as you say I do, my head would fall," Richelieu commented.

Coming to light is the fact that Richelieu and his drivers have battled one another behind the scenes.

"They have won, we have lost. The point, that is; the game continues," Richelieu commented.

Alexandre D'Artagnan stated, "Well, if we are to be killed; at least it will be as MuskeGears."

This is where the finances don't seem to make any sense for the struggling team. 3 MuskeGears sponsors all three All For One Racing cars and the garage chain is solvent and strong. This does tend suggest mismanagement on Richelieu's part.

Richelieu denies this of course.

D'Artagnan: "Impossible."

Percy Pimpernel: Unthinkable.

Rostrand De Bergerac: "Unlikely."

Richelieu says this of his disgruntled team: "I love them, my sons. Even when you fail."

Rostrand De Bergerac, Percy Pimpernel, and Alexandre D'Artagnan see the end coming soon as they agreed in unison that the Dash Cup France GP event held at Circuit Thierry Sicotte in Bordeaux, France could be the team's last hurrah.

"At least will will go out in France!" D'Artagnan stated

Cardinale Richelieu seems to think divine intervention will keep his team afloat. "I would say a greater height than mine will save our team."

Spoiler:
This French team is for "sale". Anyone interested in taking it over can do what they will with it-- change drivers/owners and whatnot. You will get 3 pre-painted cars to use so if you can't paint but would like to get involved in the series-- here's your opportunity to do so. These entries will probably be moved to part-time status as I have a new team in the works to take over, but the full/part time status is entirely up to Ben. I'll also help refresh these schemes if/when necessary.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:38 pm

TurboSports will be attempting the Road America race.

Alex Constantine, who will be attempting the Spa GP, has announced that Constantine, as well as Timmy Welsch, Naomi Alnako, and Fernando Jurnal will be attempting the Dash Cup Castrol America GP at Road America. The American Launch Energy Series, where TurboSports races with a 3 car team with Welsch, Alnako, and Jurnal, also will be racing at Road America.
NASCARLOVER427
Champion
Champion

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:22 am

All For One Sale Imminent?

Despite Percy Pimpernel's improbable win in the reverse grid race at Mallory Park. An incredible, and some say intentional, 5th caution occurred on the lap 64 that forced 2 green/white checkered attempts. This excerpt from the race commentary says it all:

"All For One has never won a Dash Cup race! Percy Pimpernel pulls off the biggest upset of the century in Dash Cup history in one of the most unbelievable and unpredictable finishes I have ever seen! An incredible run by All For One Racing pays off and Percy Pimpernel is the man on top of the podium today!"

Pimpernel won in a miracle finish for the financially strapped French squad, but it doesn't seem to have been enough to halt the sale of the team. It seems that it may have been too little too late. Rumors have been circulating in the paddock that Cardinale Richelieu has a deal in place and that the team will transition to a as of yet unknown buyer after the France GP at the Circuit Thierry Sicotte in Bordeaux, France. It is believed to be the team's last hurrah under Cardinale Richelieu's tenure and what better venue than to make the sale official following team's home race.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Cassandra Collins: "I almost quit Dash Cup."

Cassandra Collins revealed in a recent interview on CloudSportTV that she almost quit Dash Cup in the wake of Ebony Phillips' fatal accident at Rockingham Motor Speedway. Collins was involved in the accident after she got into Perrie Forrester in the fight for the win. While Collins went on to win the race, this was massively overshadowed by her involvement in the accident. Collins scored 5 wins in the first half of the season, but Collins said that her performance had no factor in her decision to leave Atlantic Motorsports.

"It was a completely different environment to Team Kwik Fit." said Collins, "It was a lot of hard work, which I wasn't opposed to, but there was no reward. Mr [William] Atkins kept treating us like dirt, and expected us to sweep every weekend. When ATK swept the weekend at the Netherlands, he scolded us all for not 'doing our jobs'. He didn't want that team to win no matter what when he found out I wanted to go."

"Some personnel on the team continuously brought up Ebony's crash. Even without them, I was awake all night blaming myself for what happened. I almost quit Dash Cup because of the crash. It hit me really hard, especially after Lonnie got hurt at New York last year, but Lonnie was one of the reasons I kept going."

"It's great that we won races towards the end of my Atlantic tenure, but I just wasn't happy. I never put myself first at the team, but it was about time I did. Hopefully Jacob, Kellan and Nattie finish the season off strong, and hopefully Ryan Matthews gives that team a strong 2016."

Collins will start 30th in her first race with The ATK Race Team in the Spa GP.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top