Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:My thoughts on the GP of Louisiana:

Wow. What a train wreck.

My hopes were high for this race, but turned into a clusterf**k from the word go. The weather certainly played a part in that, but my goodness, I've never seen an IndyCar race this atrocious before. We literally had no racing. No green flag runs whatsoever. How the f**k does that happen? When I turn on a race, I expect there to be passing and side-by-side action and entertainment, not a freaking parade behind the pace car for over half the race.

It's great that Hinch got back to victory lane, but man, this race was just... God-awful.

The 2015 GP of Louisiana gets a 0/10. Reasoning for the score is this:

1. No green flag racing? No points.

2. I had high hopes for this race, and it turned out to be a massive disappointment.

Wow, what a God-awful weekend of racing. No

But thankfully, next week, we have NASCAR at Bristol and IndyCar at Long Beach, so I think the quality of racing will go up dramatically next weekend. Very Happy

They had the first 19 laps clean I think..

I didn't get to see that, unfortunately. I was out and about getting some stuff done. Sad
PackerMan71
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:

Wow. What a train wreck.

My hopes were high for this race, but turned into a clusterf**k from the word go. The weather certainly played a part in that, but my goodness, I've never seen an IndyCar race this atrocious before. We literally had no racing. No green flag runs whatsoever. How the f**k does that happen? When I turn on a race, I expect there to be passing and side-by-side action and entertainment, not a freaking parade behind the pace car for over half the race.

It's great that Hinch got back to victory lane, but man, this race was just... God-awful.

2. I had high hopes for this race, and it turned out to be a massive disappointment.

But thankfully, next week, we have NASCAR at Bristol and IndyCar at Long Beach, so I think the quality of racing will go up dramatically next weekend. Very Happy

They did, and then it went to absolute shit. With Brian Barnhart back, that's probably what your going to expect unfortunately.
BWard

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:09 pm

By default the best race of the weekend, but man that was a mess

Hinchcliffe wins. I'm down with that.
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:27 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

Wow. What a train wreck.

They did, and then it went to absolute shit. With Brian Barnhart back, that's probably what your going to expect unfortunately.

I don't understand how Barnhart can get the blame for that race?
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:27 pm

I slept through this race, but as I'm reading through these posts, all I have to say is #blamebarnhart.
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Barnhart didn't do anything wrong... Why is everyone blaming him?
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Milan655 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

Wow. What a train wreck.

Eh, I'm still a bit annoyed about that penalty he hit Bourdais with after Qualifying yesterday. That and this race just flat out sucked, in fact I don't think it was any better than the F1 and NASCAR Race this weekend.
BWard

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Milan655 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

Wow. What a train wreck.

"Local yellow? What's that?" - Brian Barnhart

There were multiple incidents that could have been raced through, like Coletti or Karam's incidents, but race control called full-course on everything. It wasn't 100% of the problem, but combine it with the unbearably slow response from the safety crew, and you get a race that's literally more than 2/3 safety car.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Milan655 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

Wow. What a train wreck.

Guilty by association pretty much
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm sorry I'm too busy laughing my ass off at the thought that HUErtas blew a sure second place finish.

hilarious/10 not even mad
RealRacingRoots
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueThunderfan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:30 pm

I hope the track gets another chance next year. You know, for a race that's not in a monsoon?... Laughing
BlueThunderfan
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm

This was the absolute worst IndyCar race I've ever seen to date. The NASCAR races at Texas this weekend had more green flag runs than here at NOLA, and they we're very horrendous themselves. A 0/10. A flat-out F for a first impression of this race. Hopefully Long Beach will heighten up the spark.
bigdc48
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:33 pm

BlueThunderfan wrote:I hope the track gets another chance next year. You know, for a race that's not in a monsoon?... Laughing
Pretty much this. I've seen people on other places say this track should be stricken from the schedule and never ran from again. Their first race went bad...it happens.

Correct me if i'm wrong on this (I watched CART in 2005 but i was pretty casual on it, so odds are this is wrong) but didn't San Jose get heat on it's 1st race because of the train tracks and today it's on lot of people's races they wish would come back?
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Alta wrote:
BlueThunderfan wrote:I hope the track gets another chance next year. You know, for a race that's not in a monsoon?... Laughing
Pretty much this. I've seen people on other places say this track should be stricken from the schedule and never ran from again. Their first race went bad...it happens.

Correct me if i'm wrong on this (I watched CART in 2005 but i was pretty casual on it, so odds are this is wrong) but didn't San Jose get heat on it's 1st race because of the  train tracks and today it's on lot of people's races they wish would come back?

San Jose is on everyone's list because of how hilarious those train tracks made races. I still will not rest until Cleveland sees the light of day again!
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Alta wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong on this (I watched CART in 2005 but i was pretty casual on it, so odds are this is wrong) but didn't San Jose get heat on it's 1st race because of the  train tracks and today it's on lot of people's races they wish would come back?

San Jose is on everyone's list because of how hilarious those train tracks made races. I still will not rest until Cleveland sees the light of day again!

Well you can say IndyCar tried when they had Baltimore on the schedule
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 am

Here's a video of Dracone's pit incident:

Thankfully he came out of it with only 6 stitches. That last minute leap probably saved him from more serious injuries.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:09 pm

I think that a lot of people are giving the NOLA Motorsports Park far too much grief for circumstances that were beyond the control of its designers and promoters (the terrible weather and, to a lesser extent, some officiating). I really want this track to return to the schedule next year; I think that it has the ability to produce some very exciting racing, but unfortunately it just happened to be raining all weekend.

I do agree that the race was very disappointing, but disagree that it was the fault of NOLA or anything other than uncontrollable poor track conditions.

And congratulations to SPH Motorsports and Hinchcliffe! Very Happy They may not have won on speed, but I'm glad to see them do it, nonetheless!
SpeedDemon37
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:17 am

SpeedDemon37 wrote:I think that a lot of people are giving the NOLA Motorsports Park far too much grief for circumstances that were beyond the control of its designers and promoters (the terrible weather and, to a lesser extent, some officiating). I really want this track to return to the schedule next year; I think that it has the ability to produce some very exciting racing, but unfortunately it just happened to be raining all weekend.

Agreed. When they were actually racing the track flowed really well, and it was wide enough to make passing possible, but tight enough to make it a challenge. That backstretch is something else, too.

It was mainly the lack of an intermediate tire and poorly-planned accident procedure that held this race back. If IndyCar and Firestone get their act together next year, though, this track has a ton of potential.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Indycar announced some penalties today.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/04/4-15-New-Orleans-Penalties-Announced
Lucstar88

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Mostly reasonable, though I do wish they'd come down harder on Dracone. A guy of his experience (even if he's rubbish and has competed in trash-tier series most of his career, he's still done a lot of races) should know better.
RetrogradeRenegade
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top