NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by NeverNeutral on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:17 pm

It's time for the first race of the latest edition of the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Who will be the strongest in the opening three races? Which four drivers will be eliminated after Dover? Can NASCAR get the diehards to care?

Kyle Busch was fastest in first practice and will start on the pole after qualifying was rained out. Also, Joey Gase is hopelessly slow.
Starting Lineup (PDF)

There's also the Nationwide and Truck races, but nobody cares about that.
Nationwide Entry List
Truck Entry List
avatar
NeverNeutral
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Trucks are postponed...
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Alta on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:56 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:It's time for the first race of the latest edition of the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Who will be the strongest in the opening three races? Which four drivers will be eliminated after Dover? Can NASCAR get the diehards to care?

Kyle Busch was fastest in first practice and will start on the pole after qualifying was rained out. Also, Joey Gase is hopelessly slow.
Starting Lineup (PDF)

There's also the Nationwide and Truck races, but nobody cares about that.
Nationwide Entry List
Truck Entry List
I care about Trucks more than Cup.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by BooyakaDragon on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 am

Watch Almirola pull a David Reutimann and pass Jeff Gordon for the win.
avatar
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 399
Join date : 2013-11-06
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:00 pm

And news is out Marcos Ambrose isn't coming back to NASCAR after this season.
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Brian Scott wins NW Pole, Blaney starts 2nd
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by bigdc48 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Memoriesallbutdone wrote:And news is out Marcos Ambrose isn't coming back to NASCAR after this season.

Sad .

avatar
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 24
Location : Manchester, NH (near Boston)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by bsoyuz on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Memoriesallbutdone wrote:And news is out Marcos Ambrose isn't coming back to NASCAR after this season.

I can't say I'm surprised.
avatar
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2507
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by crl on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Memoriesallbutdone wrote:And news is out Marcos Ambrose isn't coming back to NASCAR after this season.

Damn shame. He's a much better driver than people give him credit for.

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:13 pm

GW Kevin, better than Kyle!! Denied the streak!!!

ESPN IS SUCH CRAP LOL

THEY WENT OFF AIR AFTER THE FINISH!!
FOR A ALABAMA BLOWOUT!!!! THANK GOD THEY ARE LEAVING!!!! Good Riddance
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:GW Kevin, better than Kyle!! Denied the streak!!!

ESPN IS SUCH CRAP LOL

THEY WENT OFF AIR AFTER THE FINISH!!
FOR A ALABAMA BLOWOUT!!!! THANK GOD THEY ARE LEAVING!!!! Good Riddance
Actual game > Post-race interviews that aren't important. I can understand why they cut so quickly.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Kyle Busch 67
Mark Martin 49
Kevin Harvick 44
Carl Edwards 38
Jack Ingram 31

Top 5 NW Winners (0 Cup Championships)

Only Champions in top 10 is Brad and Kenseth
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Bubba Wallace has a tire pop as he's sliding into his pit box due to said tire going down/having no tread.

First time, I think I ever saw something in that type of nature.
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:29 pm

GG Ray Black Jr?
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Todd Shafer, go home, your drunk.
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 pm

YES KYLE A LAP DOWN!!!!

AND TYLER YOUNG LD!!!

7 trucks on lead lap, brian silas is in the top 5

this truck race


EDIT : never mind Kyle has wave-around... for some reason?
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:YES KYLE A LAP DOWN!!!!

AND TYLER YOUNG LD!!!

7 trucks on lead lap, brian silas is in the top 5

this truck race


EDIT : never mind Kyle has wave-around... for some reason?

Only lead lap car that didn't pit was Austin Dillon who was 6th but behind all the lapped trucks
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Memoriesallbutdone wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:YES KYLE A LAP DOWN!!!!

AND TYLER YOUNG LD!!!

7 trucks on lead lap, brian silas is in the top 5

this truck race


EDIT : never mind Kyle has wave-around... for some reason?

Only lead lap car that didn't pit was Austin Dillon who was 6th but behind all the lapped trucks

Then why does kyle get a wave-around then?



EDIT : and the 03 who has 0 speed cost the 20 the win...
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Alta on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Dare i say it but is Bryan Silas finally showing competence?
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:26 am

Lucstar88 wrote:
Memoriesallbutdone wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:YES KYLE A LAP DOWN!!!!

AND TYLER YOUNG LD!!!

7 trucks on lead lap, brian silas is in the top 5

this truck race


EDIT : never mind Kyle has wave-around... for some reason?

Only lead lap car that didn't pit was Austin Dillon who was 6th but behind all the lapped trucks

Then why does kyle get a wave-around then?



EDIT : and the 03 who has 0 speed cost the 20 the win...
Because the leader at the time of the restart (Aillon) was behind the lapped trucks (including Kyusch).
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:27 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:
Memoriesallbutdone wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:YES KYLE A LAP DOWN!!!!

AND TYLER YOUNG LD!!!

7 trucks on lead lap, brian silas is in the top 5

this truck race


EDIT : never mind Kyle has wave-around... for some reason?

Only lead lap car that didn't pit was Austin Dillon who was 6th but behind all the lapped trucks

Then why does kyle get a wave-around then?



EDIT : and the 03 who has 0 speed cost the 20 the win...
Because the leader at the time of the restart (Aillon) was behind the lapped trucks (including Kyusch).


Ah...... Whoops...
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Noooo Amirola Sad
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by oxymoron on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:57 pm

pls lars
avatar
oxymoron
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 144
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 20
Location : somewhere only we know

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by oxymoron on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:01 pm

god damn it kez
avatar
oxymoron
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 144
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 20
Location : somewhere only we know

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Memoriesallbutdone on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Quiet dinner tonight for Ricky and Danica
avatar
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-06-28
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by BWard on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:04 pm

OMG DANICA AND STENHOUSE ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5822
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Keselowski moves on!!!
Great run for Larson, but Kes had the car, only got back in traffic because of a loose wheel...

Also... Logano? Did you blew up?
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by navycook75 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:14 pm

I wanted Larson to win, but Brad was too damn fast, which I am okay with.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by NeverNeutral on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Keselowski moves on!!!
Great run for Larson, but Kes had the car, only got back in traffic because of a loose wheel...

Also... Logano? Did you blew up?
He got some trash on his grill with like 5 to go.
avatar
NeverNeutral
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by bigdc48 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Helluva run by Kez, Larson, Gordon and Harvick. I thought it was a pretty good race overall. I'll give it a 7.0/10.
avatar
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 920
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 24
Location : Manchester, NH (near Boston)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by day500champ1 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 pm

bigdc48 wrote:Helluva run by Kez, Larson, Gordon and Harvick. I thought it was a pretty good race overall. I'll give it a 7.0/10.

I'd give it a 7.8/10. The top five finishers couldn't be any better for me. My Homestead predicted four plus the kid who's rapidly becoming my favorite driver in 3rd.
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Alta on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Alright race. Very slow start but a decent 2nd half makes up for it.

That 2 team is on a killing spree this year and it doesn't seem like it's stopping anytime soon, Larson with another great run a proving he's worth all the hype.

I really hate that Almirola had the engine go, That team got out of the gate better than expected and were looking for a monster points day. Sadly it all went wrong.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR Weekend @ Chicagoland

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:22 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:Keselowski moves on!!!
Great run for Larson, but Kes had the car, only got back in traffic because of a loose wheel...

Also... Logano? Did you blew up?
He got some trash on his grill with like 5 to go.
Yeah Denny ran over I think a windshield tear off coming out of turn 2 and and it landed right on Joey's grill.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum