Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval

+5
PYLrulz
Veni Vidi Voeckler
bsoyuz
RACECAR
crl
9 posters

Go down

Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval Empty Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval

Post by crl Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval Empty Re: Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval

Post by RACECAR Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Well, I already predict what kind of comments this will generate, nevermind the fact that this was on an Oval that was mostly flat with banking nowhere as steep as what we usually see in the Top Touring series AND it was won by someone who has extensive experience in the rain.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval Empty Re: Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval

Post by bsoyuz Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:37 pm

RACECAR wrote:Well, I already predict what kind of comments this will generate, nevermind the fact that this was on an Oval that was mostly flat with banking nowhere as steep as what we usually see in the Top Touring series AND it was won by someone who has extensive experience in the rain.
And keep in mind that if I remeber well, Tours is a "street course" (in the reality is located in the expositions park of the city), and the track itself resembles Bowman-Gray, except for turns 1 and 2. And the track is totally flat.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Well I'll be damned. Mathias actually won a thing! He actually managed to reach the end of a race, with nobody ahead of him! I'm gobsmacked! The only time he's had a train of cars behind him before was an angry mob of leaders trying to lap him!
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:37 pm

A New Hampshire, a Martinsville, or a Richmond yeah, I don't doubt it can't be done.

Even without considering the forces on a tire, a Bristol, Dover... no way. The rooster tails alone would make a race nearly impossible to run without having only a quarter of the field left running. The higher speed tracks... I doubt a tire could be made to run a Michigan or Daytona or Charlotte or such in the rain
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 pm

PYLrulz wrote:A New Hampshire, a Martinsville, or a Richmond yeah, I don't doubt it can't be done.

Even without considering the forces on a tire, a Bristol, Dover... no way.  The rooster tails alone would make a race nearly impossible to run without having only a quarter of the field left running.  The higher speed tracks... I doubt a tire could be made to run a Michigan or Daytona or Charlotte or such in the rain

They would only go on 100 MPH or less, at least it was what I read somewhere, I can't remember where.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:23 pm

PYLrulz wrote:A New Hampshire, a Martinsville, or a Richmond yeah, I don't doubt it can't be done.

Even without considering the forces on a tire, a Bristol, Dover... no way.  The rooster tails alone would make a race nearly impossible to run without having only a quarter of the field left running.  The higher speed tracks... I doubt a tire could be made to run a Michigan or Daytona or Charlotte or such in the rain
If I were NASCAR president, I'd schedule a wet-weather test at Martinsville in the summer. Get a water truck, and have it spray down the track...unless, of course, Mother Nature decided to help out herself.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Mathias Lauda wins rain soaked NASCAR Euro Series race...on an oval NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:07 am

crl wrote:

If I were NASCAR president, I'd schedule a wet-weather test at Martinsville in the summer. Get a water truck, and have it spray down the track...unless, of course, Mother Nature decided to help out herself.

Martinsville would probably be the best candidate for this. They only average 100mph when it's dry, so you have to figure wet, they will go slower, but there wouldn't be a rooster tail problem like there would be at Bristol with all the cars bunched up, nor tire issues with the higher constant speeds.

It couldn't hurt to try at this rate, plus if a few of the capable ovals were open to running in the rain, then the road courses could then instantly do the rain races too (though running Sonoma in late June, we know it's not gonna rain anyway).

Though the thought of running 500 laps in Martinsville in the rain... I would think NASCAR would have to consider running less laps if that were to ever happen
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:37 am

PYLrulz wrote:
crl wrote:

Martinsville would probably be the best candidate for this.  They only average 100mph when it's dry, so you have to figure wet, they will go slower, but there wouldn't be a rooster tail problem like there would be at Bristol with all the cars bunched up, nor tire issues with the higher constant speeds.

It couldn't hurt to try at this rate, plus if a few of the capable ovals were open to running in the rain, then the road courses could then instantly do the rain races too (though running Sonoma in late June, we know it's not gonna rain anyway).

Though the thought of running 500 laps in Martinsville in the rain... I would think NASCAR would have to consider running less laps if that were to ever happen

IndyCar's New Hampshire race was (for a few laps) held in the rain with disasterous results but that was on dry tires and IndyCars run much, much faster than NASCARs anyway, so it could work. If NASCAR went back to the Milwaukee Mile that could fit with Martinsville and New Hampshire. As for Truck Series tracks (even former ones) I could see South Boston and/or Mansfield as well.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 am

I'm not that bright on civil engineering (if that's what you call it), but replacing the bottom of the curbing at Martinsville with guttering could be possible.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:36 pm

New Hampshire in my opinion would be the best one to try. Its the widest as well as the flatest of the Cup tracks.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:55 pm

I'd rather see them fix the package for dry racing first before they try racing in the rain.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

It would not be logical for a wet oval race. The luck with Tours Speedway is it is essentially a flat car-park which has good drainage and is flat,the only circuits suitable for wet racing in Nascar are Sonoma and Watkins Glen..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down