2014 Grand Prix of Houston - IndyCar

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2014 Grand Prix of Houston - IndyCar

Post by F1V1 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Mikhail... Aleshin..... scored....... a......... podium..........................

On an infinitely brighter note good drive for Pagenaud as well. Hopefully he can find his rhythm again coming off this win and finish the season stronger, I wouldn't mind seeing him win the championship Smile
F1V1
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:33 pm

kensethfan wrote:Pagenaud and Castroneves were having a good battle until that happened. Oh, well. :/

Also, I just want to say that even though I'm guilty of wrecking people on restarts, being that overly ambitious and wrecking the third place car is inexcusable on Rahal's part, especially when he's wrecked people like that before. And then he said during the pre-race for today's race, "People who make comments don't know what they're talking about." You wrecked someone under yellow, what's not to be understood?

Comments like what - the only reason he still has a ride is because his daddy is his boss? Because any fool will tell you that's true. He needs to shut the hell up and start actually being consistent, because as long as he continues to drive like this, people are going to keep talking. And Bobby needs to stop making excuses for him. This is a team that won Indy just a decade ago when Buddy Rice had one of the best Month of Mays ever. And Bryan Herta was one of the few drivers who could actually challenge Alex Zanardi in '97, '98.

I may have the same opinion on Marco, because he's in a car that's clearly built to win but doesn't do so, and is overshadowed by a much more capable teammate (RHR), but at least his inability to win is because he isn't fast enough when he needs to be, not because he drives like an idiot.

I love Robin Miller, but I can't wait to see his pathetic defense of Graham in this week's Mailbag.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:46 pm

crl wrote:
kensethfan wrote:Pagenaud and Castroneves were having a good battle until that happened. Oh, well. :/

Also, I just want to say that even though I'm guilty of wrecking people on restarts, being that overly ambitious and wrecking the third place car is inexcusable on Rahal's part, especially when he's wrecked people like that before. And then he said during the pre-race for today's race, "People who make comments don't know what they're talking about." You wrecked someone under yellow, what's not to be understood?

Comments like what - the only reason he still has a ride is because his daddy is his boss? Because any fool will tell you that's true. He needs to shut the hell up and start actually being consistent, because as long as he continues to drive like this, people are going to keep talking. And Bobby needs to stop making excuses for him. This is a team that won Indy just a decade ago when Buddy Rice had one of the best Month of Mays ever. And Bryan Herta was one of the few drivers who could actually challenge Alex Zanardi in '97, '98.

I may have the same opinion on Marco, because he's in a car that's clearly built to win but doesn't do so, and is overshadowed by a much more capable teammate (RHR), but at least his inability to win is because he isn't fast enough when he needs to be, not because he drives like an idiot.

I love Robin Miller, but I can't wait to see his pathetic defense of Graham in this week's Mailbag.

I think Rahal was generally referring to all the people talking shit about him after he did something stupid. And I'll tell you what, I have to side with those people. Rahal's done this kind of shit before but never has it been this bad. And what makes it worse is that he won't even own up to it. His excuse was, "Were were going to pass [Kanaan] anyways." That said, he deserves the shit he's getting.

I had another sleepless night and wound up sleeping through the first Houston race, but I listened to the second one. It was kind of a crashfest, but a good race none the less. Good win Pagenaud, and shoutout to the Ruskie Mikhail Aleshin for finishing P2. Wink
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 am

Well, day 2 sure was a crashfest. However, there was definitely some great racing in between those wrecks. Congrats to Schmidt and Co. on the 1, 2 finish today.
JMac525
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Oops:

http://racer.com/indycar/item/105003-indycar-coyne-penalized-after-houston-race-1-victory

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Maybe if Graham doesn't want people ripping on him, maybe he should stop driving like a total toolbag
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top