Races 6-7 (Kansas and Phoenix)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Races 6-7 (Kansas and Phoenix)

Post by bsoyuz on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:23 am

KANSAS AWARDS:
Man of the Race: Tom Delgado/Tony Durbin/Mike Whitmore: Were just untouchable, if Delgado and Durbin's strategy had worked better.
Reject of the Race: AJ Murphy, bleh.

PHOENIX AWARDS:
Man of the Race: Garth McCallister Jr., kept part of his head while the entire field was having mid-explosion
Reject of the Race: THE ENTIRE FREAKING FIELD.

Last edited by bsoyuz on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Races 6-7 (Kansas and Phoenix)

Post by Magus978 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:37 am

Spoiler:
Where Have We Heard This Before? Delgado to Retire (Again) at End of Season

Having unsuccessfully attempted to revive his career in ASCC competition, Tom Delgado announced after the Phoenix race that he was going to end his comeback at the end of the season, citing disappointment and unhappiness with his lack of ability since returning.

"I expected to be at or near what I was before I retired in 2012. With how everything has gone in 2013, it should be no surprise that I'm calling it quits again. When you look at the performances I've put on this season, there's plenty missing. Speed and luck go hand in hand, and I've pretty much had neither. Not the team's fault at all, they've done everything possible to put me in winning positions, but even if you have the best team in the world, if you can't make every opportunity count, it's useless" Delgado said as he made his announcement.

His contract with Ocean Motorsports expires at the end of the season, and he intends on at least seeing that out before riding off into the sunset.
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Races 6-7 (Kansas and Phoenix)

Post by flyingturns89 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Spoiler:
Bloomers falls in points after unfortunate incidents at Kansas and Phoenix.

After a rough run at the plate races, Chuck Bloomers was hoping to get his season back on track with top 5 finishes. However, it was not meant to be. An early incident at Kansas left Bloomers on his roof. Then at Phoenix, Bloomers was involved in two incidents in the first 20 laps. Bloomers had this to say about his rough runs.

"I'm not really sure everyone is running so hard so early. I tried to get to the back at Kansas, then a couple cars got together, and there was so much smoke, I couldn't see anything in front of me. The next thing I know, I'm on my roof. Then we go down to Phoenix, and on lap 1, the 23 just runs me into the wall in turn 4. I had nowhere to go on that one. After that, the car just couldn't run fast, and we ended up getting in another wreck a few laps later."

As for the rumors that he is going to be fired at the end of the year, Bloomers said that this season is his goal right now.

"I haven't heard anything yet, I know that it's been a rough season so far, but I'd like to just focus on a championship run."
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top