Race 19: Round of Brazil

Go down

Race 19: Round of Brazil

Post by Cynon on Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 am

Results
Spoiler:
Reject of the Race: Darren Cardel
Made me have sympathy for Ben Atkins.

I had a blast making this one. I think you can tell. Notice new radio chatter effects.

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Race 19: Round of Brazil

Post by Mother of Invention on Thu May 08, 2014 10:58 am

Spoiler:
Whose Leonid Roderick's voice actor?

Last edited by Mother of Invention on Thu May 08, 2014 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 am

Spoiler:
Kuzzie: Rutana
Woodard: Woodard (obv.)
Heaton: Grace?
Roddick: ??? (I'm thinking Duff but not sure)
Hamilton: Either Grace or Rutana in G major.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Thu May 08, 2014 11:43 am

Spoiler:
Gabriel Macena debut ends with a dismal day.

After the race: "I wasn't wanting to hit Cardel, but I was hearing something like, enter now, now, now, now, and another voice saying something like: If you don't stop, you'll die, and I just jumped to the pit stall and got all that damage....... I just hope that we could have a conversation and just sort this out."
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Thu May 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Spoiler:
What did you use for the engine noises over the radios? They sound AMAZING!

I am not going to lie, that was probably my favorite broadcast ever!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Spoiler:
That was radio chatter was epic.  Very Happy 

Tom Moore Scores Solid Finish at Brazil

After struggling on most superspeedways in the past, Big Mac Racing put together the pieces tonight and got a good run out of it. Tom Moore brought the car home in eleventh place and moved up into the lead in the Independent's Trophy standings. Moore told us, "I know this was a superspeedway, but it sort of felt like it was still a little bit like a short track. That could be part of the reason I felt so comfortable this weekend. Great run today to finish eleventh...we've done all we could to take the Independent's Trophy lead, so we'll just have to wait it out. There's some good competition still in contention, but I think we can pull this one out."
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Atkins' day ended with pit road incident; pit brawl

Ben Atkins had not had the best of weekends in his first outing at Brazil, but it was the end of his race that was most certainly the highlight; albeit, not a good one.

Atkins was several laps down after coming into the pits after hitting the wall, but on his next pit stop under the second caution, Atkins was sat in his pit stall when the #87 of Darren Cardel made contact with Gabriel Macena and flew into the back of Atkins' car. This ruined the rear suspension on the Tutino, and took Atkins out of the race.

Atkins was less than pleased with the contact; as his radio chatter with his crew chief proven.

Radio Chatter + NSFW Language:

Ben Atkins: Are you serious?!? He just fucking hit us?

Crew Chief: Yeah... I have no idea what he's done there... We'll take a look.

Ben Atkins: If it's anything bad, I'm going to be having a word with him after the race. That's just bullshit.

Crew Chief: Uh... the suspension's fucked dude. We're out.

Ben Atkins: We're OUT?!? Are you fucking serious?!?

Crew Chief: Yeah dude... it's getting heated out here, some of our guys are yelling.

After speaking to his crew, Atkins climbed out of his car, took of his helmet and threw it towards the #87 car, before running over to his car. It was believed Atkins started yelling at Cardel before one of Cardel's crew members tried to pull Atkins away from him. After that, it is rumoured at Atkins punched Cardel's crew member in the face, which sparked off the pit brawl that was mentioned in the broadcast.

Atkins was not available for comment immediately after the race, but it is expected he will speak to the press about the pit brawl at some point. Atkins also taken to Twitter, where he was not complimentary about Cardel, to say the least.

(OOC: This will be fun.  Twisted Evil)

Follow me on Twitch!

NR2003 Online Wins: 123 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Carolina Motorspots Park [09/20/18])
NR2003 Online Poles: 83 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Carolina Motorspots Park [09/20/18])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 21 (Latest - IndyCar IR18 at Las Vegas [02/03/19])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)
Ben Atkins
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf on Thu May 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Spoiler:
Who is Grace? And I have a feeling that Cooper himself was the ghost of Hamilton. This whole Lavender Town idea was absolutely genius.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker on Thu May 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Casey Lester wrote:Who is Grace?
Cooper's gf.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Thu May 08, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm sorry Dan. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Thu May 08, 2014 5:50 pm

I would imagine Cooper is the ghost/Scott, at one point he made the "hmmm" that he usually does.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz on Thu May 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Milan655 wrote:I would imagine Cooper is the ghost/Scott, at one point he made the "hmmm" that he usually does.

I would agree with this

So let's see what I got
Spoiler:

Kuzzie: Mikhail (the obvious)
Greg: Greg (the obvious)
Henton: Grace.....I guess
Roderick: Duff.........I guess again.........
Scotty: Cooper and Grace
Vitaly: I don't have any idea.....maybe Mikhail too.

Spoiler:
How I wanted to have took part on this.......Carlos Donzelo, involved in Hamilton's fatal crash, he's brazilian..............speaks Portuguese...............yeah...................
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Thu May 08, 2014 6:33 pm

I did Roderick and Hamilton (Milan picked out the giveaway that I did Hamilton), and my girlfriend did not do Henton. Rutana did both Kuzzie and "Vitaly", though I turned the pitch for Vitaly down a bit so he sounded different, which made him sound kinda like Russian Rob Smedley.

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan on Thu May 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Spoiler:
A poor last stop puts Adams down the order, but he's more disappointed about not getting any radio chatter

Whilst Adams result was hampered by the late race pit stop, Adams was more upset about the fact that he didn't receive any radio message. 'It sounded like everyone who got the messages was having fun. Wish I could've had some of that fun. I can't really complain about the pit stop, it's the first race in a while that I've actually scored some points, so it was a good day.'
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker on Thu May 08, 2014 7:31 pm

The only way this would've been better would be if de Souza got audio. Razz
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots on Thu May 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Pit Brawl at TMMC Brazil Race covers all the bases, except one

The one that was missed was the second driver being a part of the action. After a incident in the pit lane involving Gabriel Macena, Darren Cardel and Ben Atkins caused both Cardel and Atkins to retire on the spot, the Tutino driver made a B-Line for the driver of the 87 MRT Wernstrom before being blocked off by his Pit Crew. A brawl would break out between the two respective crews, and Ben Atkins. But in the midst of the fray, no one thought to look in the Wernstrom 256 to see the Englishman stiff as a board not having moved since hitting the Tutino.

It was some ten minutes after the brawl had died down that Cardel finally exited his totalled race car, but it was clear there was something else going on. He had no idea what had transpired.

"Last thing I remember is the call from my Engineer to pit this lap, and then in flash I'm sitting in a destroyed Wernstrom with a medical crew trying to talk to me. I don't remember Gabby (Macena) running into my car or the presumed fight, nothing."

This event continued the tough 2013 for Cardel, who outside of a stunning victory at Ohio for the former European Touring Car champion has had a run of bad luck that will refuse to let go.

(EDIT + OOC: Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again.)
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography on Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 pm

It was pretty obvious Cooper was Zahmbie Goast. You just need a good ear.
Kornography
Kornography
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

View user profile http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 pm

Cynon wrote:I did Roderick and Hamilton (Milan picked out the giveaway that I did Hamilton), and my girlfriend did not do Henton. Rutana did both Kuzzie and "Vitaly", though I turned the pitch for Vitaly down a bit so he sounded different, which made him sound kinda like Russian Rob Smedley.

Did you use a female voice changer for you, and then talk like Lance? Because Henton's British accent sounds like a female Lance Andrews!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Fri May 09, 2014 10:31 pm

That was hysterical! Laughing
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sat May 10, 2014 7:47 am

Plissken, Not Woodard, Culprit of "Phantom" Debris Caution?

Once again Kurt Plissken finds himself at the center of another controversy. This time it concerns the recent Master Cup race in Brazil. Plissken's PSI Teammate Greg Woodard was initially thought to have dropped something on the track when his car blew up on lap 46 necessitating the first caution of the night.

"We were aware that Dan Mullen had speculated that something may have fallen off our #41 Phoenix Performance car to bring out the caution. After a thorough inspection of our car, everything was where it should be-- all parts were present and accounted for. It wasn't us," stated Greg Woodard.

A review of the race footage particularly focusing on Plissken's car, revealed that something came flying out of the driver side window netting from the #16 Snake Coils car. After the "debris" had been retrieved, they realized that Plissken had ripped out his radio communication equipment and tossed it out. Everyone seemed to be having trouble with their radios tonight, but Plissken was the only one to forcibly eject his from his moving car!

Something seemed amiss as Plissken, who qualified in 9th and was running well by all accounts, suddenly dropped to 13th and then down to 20th and below. Plissken is known for being somewhat unflappable, but listening to the team communications, a clearly agitated Plissken seemed to be babbling incoherently to himself-- at least what could be understood amid all the static of the transmissions. It is believed that instead of waiting to pit to fix his radio equipment problem, Plissken purposely fell back in the field, ripped out his radio equipment, and threw it out onto the track.

"He told us to use hand signals the rest of the night. He just wanted to separate himself from that equipment as fast as possible. Maybe he was getting some feedback or something. It was was really weird," Crew Chief Harold Helman stated.

After that, Plissken seemed to gather himself and work his way back up through the field to finish exactly where he had started-- in 9th place.

The event at Brazil had a lot of unexplained occurrences from power failures to odd radio static. Plissken, who is no stranger to such bizarre happenings, audibly complained that his surgically repaired knee was hurting but made himself unavailable for further comment.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down