Race 18: Round of Queensland

Go down

Race 18: Round of Queensland

Post by Cynon on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Results
Spoiler:
Reject of the Race: Benoit Voeckler
It takes some special talent to make people forget Ash Bridges and Roger Kendall are in the race...

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Race 18: Round of Queensland

Post by SnakePlissken on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:27 pm

Spoiler:
Irony Strikes PSI, Plissken at Queensland

Kurt Plissken is believed to have suffered a complete failure of the power steering system that led to him crash into the pit wall entrance barrier. For a team named "Power Steering Incorporated," this bit of irony is almost too much to bear.
   "I've never had that happen before," Plissken stated. "I hope it never happens again. It was pretty scary."
  Plissken refutes that he was attempting to bail into the pits and missed the entrance.
  "Naw, I was on the far left hand side of the track when the power steering broke and it veered me hard to the right-- I didn't even have time to get on the brakes. You can kinda see on the video the exact moment the damn thing gave way cause the car jerks hard to the right. I really had no control of the car after that happened."
Crew chief Harold Helman said they would know more once he got the car back to the garage. "Looks like something broke somewhere and jammed the itself into the steering column. We don't know if maybe something else broke and it severed the power steering lines. Maybe several things conspired to cause this to happen.We don't know for sure yet but we'll get to the bottom of it, that's for sure."
   William Power then fretted the rest of the race as to if the same fate might befall the #41 car of Greg Woodard. He needn't have worried, as Woodard brought home a 9th place finish.
  The mishap saw Plissken drop to 15th in the overall points battle. Plissken also has the most unfortunate distinction of tying Stephanie McGlynn for the all-time record of most DNFs in a season. He's sure to take possession of this unwanted record before the 2013 season is completed if present form continues.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:38 am

Spoiler:
Both sides of the couple have dismal displays in Australia

Ben Atkins had a day to forget in Queensland, while his partner Hannah Percy had a day she won't be forgetting in a very long time.

After Kurt Plissken plunged into the pit wall, Hannah Percy was left with nowhere to go, other than into the side of Troy Adams, and as a result, caught some air before slamming into the inside wall herself. Adams would be hit again by Kraig Mummert, and sent flipping down the track.

"By far the worst hit I've had while racing" said Percy; "I can't believe how hard we hit Troy there. I'm glad he's okay, because that was just horrible. I'm really sore after it, but no serious injuries. It also sucks, because we were making up a lot of ground. However, it's really a testament to how strong these Master Cup cars as well, and they're a blast to drive too!"

Ben Atkins also got some contact of his own, when he got into the side of Scott Steudler's Manticore, which in a delayed turn, sent Steudler into Archer Harris, causing a crash however, while Atkins was apologetic to Archer Harris about the incident, he also defended himself.

"It really sucks what happened to Archer, but I had to get back on track" said Atkins; "Scott didn't give me much choice. I slid off slightly, Scott got right on my door, so to get back on the surface, I shoved him down a little bit. I'm not gonna wreck myself because someone is being impatient with me."

Hannah Percy will now go back to focusing on her Dash Cup commitments, where she is in a close championship battle with Robert Dorian and Tanya Carter, while Atkins will depart for America to finish out his first full-time TMMC season.

Follow me on Twitch!

NR2003 Online Wins: 123 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Carolina Motorspots Park [09/20/18])
NR2003 Online Poles: 83 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Carolina Motorspots Park [09/20/18])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 21 (Latest - IndyCar IR18 at Las Vegas [02/03/19])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)
Ben Atkins
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Spoiler:
Tom Moore Climbs to 17th Place Finish

Big Mac Racing driver Tom Moore looked to improve on a mediocre points day in his last IT start at Ohio. Moore struggled with a loose race car for a majority of the day. However, Moore started to climb through the field in the final quarter of the race and ended up finishing 17th place. Moore told us, "Yeah, I had some difficulty with this track today since I have driven on many like it in the past. The car was a bit loose all day, but the crew put in a fantastic effort. They improved the car with every pit stop today. I'm really proud of the guys." Moore moved his way into 10th in the IT standings with his top 20 finish. Less than 50 points back, Moore has a shot at the title in his final attempt at Brazil.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Spoiler:
Mummert breaks right femur in violent frontstraight crash, to miss Decatur

It's not the ending to the season Kraig Mummert wanted. MT Motorsports' number one driver, who appeared to be headed for a points-paying finish in Queensland, will now miss the remainder of the season after breaking his right femur in the terrifying frontstretch crash that began when Kurt Plissken suddenly veered into the end of the pit wall.

Plissken bounced back out into traffic, where he was hit by Troy Adams. Adams was then hit by Hannah Percy. Mummert attempted to avoid the accident, only to have Adams spin into his path. Mummert hit the 18 car, sending it into a few barrel rolls. A passing Ian Cooper hit Mummert, causing the 114 car to spin numerous times. The red flag was shockingly not displayed.

Mummert attempted to extricate himself from the car, only to realize he had a lot of pain in his right leg. Mummert was removed from the car by track marshals, and carried to a stretcher in the pits, where he was then taken to the infield hospital. Mummert was then transported by another ambulance to a local hospital, where the right broken femur was diagnosed.

In a statement released to the media following the race, MT Motorsports announced that Mummert will miss the remainder of the season, though, the 114 car had already used up all of its Independents' Trophy races for this season following the conclusion of today's event.

Brian Morris, who was only scheduled to drive the 114 car at Indianapolis, will step into the car for Decatur. Lane Cranston, the team's TM Lights driver, who has come close to winning some Lights races, will hop in the team's second entry for Decatur, which will be sponsored by IHOP. The team also announced it will cease its pursuit of free agent Yuliya Nosova, whom MT Motorsports was hoping to snag for a third car with major sponsorship that would help the team improve its engine package in all of its Decatur entries.

Kraig Mummert will turn 24 in 15 days. He and his wife, former racer Jennifer Putnam, now retired and using her married name, are expecting their second child, a daughter, around Christmas time. The couple are already parents to a 13-month-old son, also named Kraig, born in August 2012.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down