I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:35 am

I was browsing through the Forumer forum, and found this thread that basically tells the whole story about what's going on with Server 8 and their attempts to fix it (or lack thereof.)

Here's the link.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2600
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Oh, well, this is the new look for EFR. And its some nice, eye candy. Great job! Very Happy
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Wow. Just. Wow Shocked
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by navycook75 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:39 pm

I think Chad Knaus put it best..."are you f***ing kidding me"
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4914
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by Toblerone on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:40 pm

It took me a while to get here.That maintenance/service is a joke. Shocked
avatar
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 79
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:08 pm

As of right now, seven of Forumers servers are offline. Shows you the quality of their stuff: total garbage. Maniacal Laughter
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2600
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by kensethfan on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am

Damnit, Forumer, learn to fix your problems! I really want to get stuff transferred from the old forum.
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 am

PackerMan71 wrote:As of right now, seven of Forumers servers are offline. Shows you the quality of their stuff: total garbage. Maniacal Laughter

Lucky bastards are the ones that have a server that is up
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by F1V1 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 am

While it's not entirely the Forumer staff's fault that their new management is completely unreliable, it was incredibly irresponsible and shows a lack of competence on their part for not even acknowledging the hundreds of users that were trying to get an answer to their forums being slow or unresponsive. This move was definitely for the better.
avatar
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 25
Location : Exploring the space-time continuum.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by BJ Falcon on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:09 am

I agree. Exactly what I was about to conjure. Server 8 is just total junk. Not all of Forumer's staff are at fault. But there are a select few that I question their ability to respond quickly to people's questions in regards to Server 8's incredibly trashed bandwidth. Of course, EFR was one of hundreds of Forumer message board sites on Server 8. My TRC forum is on Server 11. But due to incompatence as F1V1 described, I really doubt I'll be reusing my TRC site anytime soon. Cooper really made a smart move to put EFR on Forumotion because it's faster, the server response time is quicker, and the load time is faster. I don't have to wait for 30 seconds for the main page to load. It loads almost immediately. That's how fast Forumotion is.
avatar
BJ Falcon
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-08-07
Location : In the heart of Funktown!

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/BJFRacing88

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by f1fan12 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:27 am

BJ Falcon wrote:I agree. Exactly what I was about to conjure. Server 8 is just total junk. Not all of Forumer's staff are at fault. But there are a select few that I question their ability to respond quickly to people's questions in regards to Server 8's incredibly trashed bandwidth. Of course, EFR was one of hundreds of Forumer message board sites on Server 8. My TRC forum is on Server 11. But due to incompatence as F1V1 described, I really doubt I'll be reusing my TRC site anytime soon. Cooper really made a smart move to put EFR on Forumotion because it's faster, the server response time is quicker, and the load time is faster. I don't have to wait for 30 seconds for the main page to load. It loads almost immediately. That's how fast Forumotion is.

Also not on a speed note, Forumotion has more dohickys and things you can add to your posts, like the spoiler tab is fantastic. I love the new fourm. But I know im going to be REALLY wrong here but, Could age have anything to do with it. I mean, The Old Fourm was started in 07, that means that server started either in or before 07.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I guess the people who run Forumer don't give a crap about Server 8...

Post by Rykia on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 am

f1fan12 wrote:
BJ Falcon wrote:I agree. Exactly what I was about to conjure. Server 8 is just total junk. Not all of Forumer's staff are at fault. But there are a select few that I question their ability to respond quickly to people's questions in regards to Server 8's incredibly trashed bandwidth. Of course, EFR was one of hundreds of Forumer message board sites on Server 8. My TRC forum is on Server 11. But due to incompatence as F1V1 described, I really doubt I'll be reusing my TRC site anytime soon. Cooper really made a smart move to put EFR on Forumotion because it's faster, the server response time is quicker, and the load time is faster. I don't have to wait for 30 seconds for the main page to load. It loads almost immediately. That's how fast Forumotion is.

Also not on a speed note, Forumotion has more dohickys and things you can add to your posts, like the spoiler tab is fantastic. I love the new fourm. But I know im going to be REALLY wrong here but, Could age have anything to do with it. I mean, The Old Fourm was started in 07, that means that server started either in or before 07.

The forumotion servers are about that old as well, because I've been on forumotion sites/servers since the beginning of '08.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum