Victoria Penalties + Queensland Pre-Race Thread

Go down

Victoria Penalties + Queensland Pre-Race Thread

Post by Cynon on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Car #2 - Packer Carroll - Volpi Racing Team
- One-race suspension for reckless driving under yellow flags.

Car #8 - Yevgeny Kuznetsov - Katzev Engineering
- Start at the back of the grid for the Round of Queensland for causing an avoidable collision.

Car #28 - Scott Steudler - Manticore Engineering
- Warning for ignoring blue flags.

Car #30 - Ash Bridges - Manticore Engineering
- Loss of 30 points for causing an avoidable collision in pit lane.
- Start at the back of the grid for the Round of Queensland.

Car #48 - Benoit Voeckler - Scuderia Tutino
- Loss of 30 points for causing an avoidable collision in pit lane.

Car #94 - Roger Kendall - Gessler Richter

Car #777 - Ian Cooper - Team EFR
- Loss of 30 points for causing an avoidable collision under yellow flags.
- One-race suspended ban until the conclusion of the Round of New York.

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Victoria Penalties + Queensland Pre-Race Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 pm

PACKER REACTS TO SUSPENSION

When Volpi driver Packer Carroll was asked about his suspension from the Round of Queensland, he had this to say.

PACKER: You want to know what I think? (holds up middle finger) There's what I think of the officials' decision. I can't help it if my car suffered brake failure, and I even showed them proof of what happened, but no. They've got their heads shoved so far up their asses, they can't even see straight. I'll be so glad when this season's over. It's been a disaster from day one.

With that, he left the track, bound for a plan back to the US.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Devereux Hits Out at Bridges, Steudler

Adrien Devereux looked imperious and unstoppable en route to his third win of the 2013 season. The Frenchman, now within 100 points of championship leader Mathias Taube, was very vocal after the race.

"It was the most satisfying win I've had on an oval track, even though they couldn't decide when to start the race with so many waved off starts." Devereux said. He soon singled out drivers and teams that had irritated him after the race.
"But I want to ask why some people were allowed to start... Manticore Engineering had a couple people going so slow that they were dangerous. Scott [Steudler] still thinks he's racing the leaders for podiums, and every time I came up to him he was in the way. I don't know what kid they had driving the 30 car but he had no business being in the series."

Devereux was not the only driver to run afoul of Ash Bridges. 2004 TM Master Cup champion Matt Taylor ran into the hapless Australian whilst lapping him. Taylor's car slid down the track, collecting Leonid Roderick and Arto Kekkonen.

"Bridges is ... well, he holds a line, it's just not the line you want him to hold." Taylor said.
"People were catching him so fast he couldn't get out of the way in time. That team doesn't make fast cars, but there's qualified Australians out there that can please the home crowd a lot better than Bridges did."

Roderick was less complimentary of both Bridges and Taylor.

"Matt's a nice guy and he's had a lot of success in this series, but ever since he's had that success, he's just a living example of the phrase 'nice guys finish last'... and you just saw why." Roderick said.
"It doesn't matter if he held down the brake or not, or even if he had brakes left, nobody else was stupid enough to put themselves in a position to crash into Bridges like that. I guess I'm more pissed because Matt isn't like some guys out there -- he knows better."

The four-time TM Master Cup champion defended Bridges, whom Roderick has raced against at Bathurst.

"I've raced against Ash Bridges, and he was cleaner than some of the other guys out there, but that might be because he wasn't pushing it out there. I want to say he'll be better on the road courses, but if stories about him I hear are true, then all I can hope for is that he breaks down early."

Volpi Tabs Kard to Sub for Carroll

In a somewhat surprising turn of events, Volpi Racing Team tabbed Canadian Jacob Kard to replace Packer Carroll for the Round of Queensland. Kard, who runs in TM Lights, was surprised when Volpi called him up for the Round of Queensland. It will be the third TM Master Cup series event he has participated in, driving a different car in all three occasions. Kard nearly won the Independent's Trophy Invitational while driving the Ian Masterson Racing #36 car.

"I'm just blown away that a team like Volpi has that much confidence in me to give me a shot in one of their cars, even if it's only for one race." Kard told reporters.
"It's only going to be for one race, but I'm definitely going to give it 100 percent and hopefully show what I can do. The team told me on no uncertain terms that this was only for one race, so I'll have to make the most of it!"

VRT reportedly could not pull Rachel Rainsford from ARLA commitments or Chris Johaanes from Manticore Engineering. Robert Dorian, who drove Carroll's #2 car for the Round of Sweden, had Dash Cup obligations with TH Racing, where he is a championship contender. The noted absence of any effort to give Culotta a run seems to indicate that Culotta was released by VRT.

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down