Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics

+8
Chives2112
BJ Falcon
f1fan12
Magus978
DAWGFATHER
Vincent Giacalone
Blake Camphausen
Ceej
12 posters

Go down

"ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics Empty "ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics

Post by Ceej Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 pm

ARLA Racer: 2012, the new ARLA title published by Barracodea Software, was released to harsh critical reception last weekend.

The game received a score of 0.5/10 on GameEye.com, as reviewer Wayne Rigney stated in his write-up, "I spent 2 hours on this unplayable piece of garbage, and I want them back. It looks like the developers went out of their way to not work on the game."

Despite this, Barracodea is expected to retain their license to produce ARLA games, which will last through the 2014 season.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

"ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics Empty Re: "ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Are you releasing this to the public? Razz
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

"ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics Empty Re: "ARLA Racer: 2012" lambasted by critics

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Is this a satire too or just for the lulz?
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 am

Shane Lake - even my virtual car is junk

Shane Lake spend a few hours on this game trying to learn the tracks to get better and had this to say about the game - "OK seriously? This game is a damned joke. Even my virtual car handles like crap. 'Cuda screwed the pooch on this deal. They didnt even consult with us driver about things. They need to get their head out of their collective ass and produce a SIM..not a joke."
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:34 am

Delgado to Barracodea: "Listen to Us Drivers Next Time"

MRD Motorsports owner and former ARLA Elite Series race winner Tom Delgado was part of the testing for ARLA Racer 2012, and when he played the final product, he was very unhappy with how it came out. "Barracodea asked me to be hands on in the testing of the game, and I gave them my thoughts on what should be there and what shouldn't, and for some stupid reason, I think they went the exact opposite direction of what I suggested" Delgado said at one of the midnight releases. "I'm ashamed to be credited with testing this game because the programmers did not take my advice, but at the same time I want to be on the front lines when ARLA Racer: 2013 is made, and this time the programmers would be wise to listen to us drivers. The difference between these guys and the guys who made the TM Master Cup games was that those guys actively sought our opinions on how to make the game as realistic as the racing we give you on TV!" Delgado added, voicing his displeasure at the lack of respect he and other drivers who tested the game were given.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 pm

NTG11 Parody, I love it.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ Falcon Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Fortner not so pleased with Barracodea's lack of effort to heed advice from ARLA paddock

Team owner, Billy Fortner, tested a copy of ARLA Racer: 2012 by Barracodea and offers his opinions, albeit, not a great one at that:

"Is this all the Barracodea Software gaming team can do is just throw in a bunch of random cars with random tracks with random people and slap on the ARLA brand and call it a game? Really? This is worst pile of garbage I'd ever seen. Barracodea made our Fortner Racing 2008 game and it was better than what we expected. But this? Noooooo! Not so. It's like they didn't even want to put the effort into building a franchise game that builds on the success of the ARLA touring series. Okay, seriously? Why would Jen Walker hire these bumskull nobodies at Barracodea Software only to half-a$$ the job and not put any thought into what the game is supposed to be? They should have listened to the drivers and owners before they took the plunge into getting this game developed. Instead, they simply treat ARLA like they believe it's a piece of no-colored trash. How plum rude of these developers to defile the American Racing League of America with such disgusting display as this?!"

Fortner adds: "What you see on TV is what you must expect to see in the game itself as a consumer. To put that kind of anti-ARLA fetish in your gaming console is just another excuse to kick the TV screen to oblivion! Laughing Okay, in all seriousness, to make this game as poor as it is just gives reason why people should not hire Barracodea Software. I know a great group of people that can and WILL make an ARLA franchise game fifty times better than this pile of garbage you see here! These developers made our Fortner Racing 2009-2011 games, and a lot of great frachise titles. Why? The developers listen to the advisors! And in this case, the advisors are the people of ARLA. Tsunami Racing Games is the premiere developer of FR09-FR11, all of the Blue Storm franchise games, and Xtreme Racing League 2011 to name a few. And these titles garnered award after award."

"ARLA, you need to hire Tsunami Racing Games! They have the best developers out there in the business and they will make this franchise grow better than Barracodea. For the next ARLA game to come out, have TRG make them. They listen to all opinions and they take making the best racing games serious. It's a part of their heritage. They've been in the gaming business since the advent of the arcade gaming system in the 80's. Any ARLA driver, any person at all, would vouch for Tsunami Racing Games' superb quality and effort given."
BJ Falcon
BJ Falcon

https://www.youtube.com/BJFRacing88

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:53 pm

I have a picture in my head of "Big Rigs Over the Road Racing". Maniacal Laughter
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Ashley Tucker responds to the game

"It really isn't that bad" said Tucker. "It's so much fun with friends over the network on consoles. I don't see it as a simulation, but more of an arcade game. I realize it was meant to be a simulator, but that honestly was a miserable failure, since it's not standard to have cars fly 50 foot in the air... most of the time."

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Barton Sandy's review of the game

Dwyer isn't even laid out properly, the outside stuff on the track didn't make this game good at all. This game needs to die in hell thanks to that.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Bruce Wilkinson Comments on the Game

"Being an avid gamer myself even today at age 40, I think without a doubt that this game sucks. If they were going to make a game like this, they should've just put it on an arcade machine. It's an insult, it's got ARLA written right across the casing, and half the ARLA drivers aren't even in the game. Benny Dwyer's Karjala was a terrible game and it's better than this, and that came out twenty three years ago."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fictional title Benny Dwyer's Karjala was a reference to Richard Petty's Talladega, but the picture I have in my mind, had Benny Dwyer's Karjala been a real game, would have been the equivalent to the NES game Days of Thunder.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:28 am

Also, inb4 comment by Dudding about how great the game is.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Morales misunderstood the game title
"I though they were talking about the TM Master Cup series 2003 Season ARLA mod that just came out a few weeks ago. I played this game on the hardest setting at Dwyer, and lapped the field twice in a 10 lap race, with a blown tire, and flipping twice. the ARLA Mod for TMMCseason2003 on the other hand can blow that game out of the water. I'm with Tom [Delgado] on this, I'll help them with the next game."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down