Race 13: Round of Quincy Empty Race 13: Round of Quincy

Post by Cynon on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Results
Spoiler:
Reject of the Race: Robert Nelson
Foolish maneuver took out half the field

Online Wins: 23
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Road America
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan, usually found curled up in the fetal position.
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race 13: Round of Quincy Empty Re: Race 13: Round of Quincy

Post by conrail1990 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Spoiler:
Race 13: Round of Quincy Stacki10
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Ben Atkins blasts "untalented" Robert Nelson after huge crash.

Ben Atkins was one of many caught up in a spectacular lap 13 caused by d├ębutante driver Robert Nelson after Nelson took out around half of the field when he came up into Luciano Soveral out of turn 2. Even though Atkins continued, his car suffered terminal damage in the long run as his car expired after he was over 20 laps down.

"I don't know. Nelson has more money than talent, that's for sure" says Atkins "It was the biggest mess I've ever been in. We're a small team and this constant bad luck is not what we need. We got piled into by someone from behind as well. I got on the brakes but someone a few cars back from me didn't, but to be fair I think it was just a big cluster of cars, and no one knew where to go."

"There's a standard of talent that you need to be to get into this series, and sure as hell Robert Nelson does not fit into that category."

Atkins was asked about Davenport's post race comments about 'Lycoia's backroom politics', as Atkins has been vocal about Lycoia in the past as well, and Atkins simply smirked and said "He's right. Lycoia take the piss, sometimes. Well, all the time, really."

The next round is at Road America, where Atkins has raced in ARLA competition, back in 2012, but this will be Atkins' first TMMC outing at the track.

Follow me on Twitch!

NR2003 Online Wins: 123 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Carolina Motorspots Park [09/20/18])
NR2003 Online Poles: 83 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Carolina Motorspots Park [09/20/18])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 21 (Latest - IndyCar IR18 at Las Vegas [02/03/19])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)
Ben Atkins
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Spoiler:
Leckliter now on top of the Independents Trophy standings after a messy race

After Robert Nelson's Telstra connection wrecked the field, it was smooth sailing for the 24 year old as he finished 11th and took over the lead in the Independents Trophy standings. The lead change turned the tables on the ongoing Lycoia vs Tonare rivalry.

"I think Nelson had his head stuck "down under" when he wrecked the field. Obviously the damage wasn't that bad, which is funny, because we almost wrecked it again later on."

Leckliter now has a 12 point lead over Ike Durbin, who, like Leckliter, has finished his four races this season. Leckliter though, shouldn't rest easy yet, as there's still 6 races left for Independents Trophy points.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:06 am

Taylor has Decent Run at Quincy

Cameron Taylor played the role of survivor at Quincy and it netted him a 13th place finish. He was critical of Robert Nelson after the race. "That was not a smart move on his part by any stretch of the imagination. He had his head up his ass and he caused a really horrific accident. You can't be driving like that out there. I would know...as some of you may know I was involved in an accident back in 2011 where another driver died and I still feel awful about that. This isn't a game, it's a life or death sport. And if Robert Nelson can't compete without being a danger to other drivers than that's what the Lights and ARLA and the NRC are for. I'm not knocking Robert. I'm really not. I know how it feels to be in over your head. That was me when I made my debut. I think Nelson isn't ready and there's no shame in that." Taylor was somewhat more upbeat about his finish. "13th is a great finish. I wish I wouldn't have spun there late in the going because then I feel we could've competed for a win maybe but still to get a top twenty in this league is a big achievement. I'm excited for Road America." When asked if he'd be back at Manticore in the future he wasn't specific "I don't really have a concrete answer. I'll be in the 68 for Road America and for the independents trophy events. Beyond that I don't have anything to report."
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Spoiler:
Matthews "giddy" over second points finish of 2013:
It wasn't supposed to be, but Ryan Matthews will take it.

"It" is his second points finish of the season at the notorious Grand Detour of Western Illinois. How he got it, however, is another story.

"We trolled the field, basically," he said after the race. "While other teams worked on getting their aero fixed after that big wreck, we were more concerned with getting the mechanics right. That let us be there at the end. We might have been 70 laps down, but we finished the race. That's more than half the guys out here could say."

He also commented on the Lap 13 incident that collected three-quarters of the field.

"I shouldn't be surprised seeing that Soveral was involved," he said. "But I can't blame him for this one. What the hell was Nelson thinking? He never makes that kind of move in ARLA. Eh...not much you can do about it, but I really hope the officials give him a heck of a talking to. He made an impression, that's for sure."

Matthews is finished with his Independent's Trophy schedule, though he plans on being at Indianapolis and at Colorado as well.

"I'm looking forward to Indy," he said. "I didn't run all that well there last season, so I'm obviously looking for a little redemption. We'll see what happens."
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Spoiler:
Steudler back to back podium finishes

After only slightly catching some of the big wreck that took out half the field, Scott Steudler went on to score a 2nd place finish, showing that he still has talent in him that can be shown in a good car.

"ALERT is a team that really has their stuff down. Another great day salvaged after some early weekend problems. This is what I would like to see happen with Manticore, to be one of the teams towards the front of the grid, and I would like to see it happen."

As for his uncle Marty Steudler, his day wasn't as good, getting caught up in two wrecks, including one where he flipped the car with relatively little damage to the car. The 2nd wreck was the big wreck soon after.

"This is one of the greatest series in the world, but there are some guys in this series that could use a little tutoring. The first wreck, I cut the damned tire after someone appeared to wreck it for some reason or another. And the wreck started by Robert Nelson, who knows what the hell he was thinking. Thank goodness that I still will have a car though for Wisconsin.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down