Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Rockford 200 Pre-Race

+11
zaw24fan
kcobb9
Kornography
Tanrar
RyanB06
crl
Backmarker
Electric Wolf
SnakePlissken
Memoriesallbutdone
Ceej
15 posters

Go down

2013 Rockford 200 Pre-Race Empty 2013 Rockford 200 Pre-Race

Post by Ceej Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 pm

114 cars were on hand at the Rockford Speedway. To the mild surprise of some people, this is 3 fewer cars than the entry list at the Stars & Stripes 776.

With the top 8 in points locked into the 200 because of their championship eligibility, this leaves 106 cars duking it out for just 22 spots.

10 heat races were held with a distance of 30 laps each and a grid size of 10-11 cars, starting orders being determined by a random draw. The top 2 finishers would transfer to the 200, 3rd and 5th place to B-Main 1, 4th and 6th to B-Main 2. Everyone else goes home.

The winner of each heat would also receive 30 bonus points towards the championship, and 12 Tornado Alley Trophy points for the participants in that title hunt. The B-Mains are counted as full points races, so if a driver that is further back in the points wins a B-Main, that will give them a major advantage.

Championship Standings:

Tornado Alley Trophy Standings:

Due to a clerical error, the numbers 70, 79, and 88 were granted to two drivers each; Packer Carrol and Anthony Griffith showed up with #70, Tanner Clason and Baldo Ramos Bustos showed up with #79, and Kelly Posadas and Yevgeny Kuznetsov showed up with #88. If cars that share numbers qualify for the same race, one of the teams will have to modify their number.

Heat 1:

Heat 2:

Heat 3:

Heat 4:

Heat 5:

Heat 6:

Heat 7:

Heat 8:

Heat 9:

Heat 10:

After the heat races, the politics and business of the sport rose in full force as several driver and team swaps would be announced.

JW Lester will give up his B-Main spot for teammate Harry S. Enola.
Chris Johaanes will give up his spot in the 200 for teammate Stacie St. Martin.
Tanner Clason bought George Bryan's spot in the B-Mains.
Radomie Stanoytchev will give up his B-Main spot for teammate Lev Azarov.

(OOC: I have already run the B-Mains. No other swaps will be made.)
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2013 Rockford 200 Pre-Race Empty Re: 2013 Rockford 200 Pre-Race

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Lora and Luke Ocean both fail to advance past the Heat Races

"It f***ing sucks when the officials continue drinking despite the complete mess the Bowman-Gray races were and this time, I just end up a statistic of their stupidity, cause I got smacked into the wall twice by Jackson and JW, and their isn't a yellow. Both of those guys are now in the B-mains. I wish I could tell you how much this blows right now." - Luke Ocean said after getting out of his car.

"Well, the highlight of this season is the fact I got a top 10 at a crashfest dirt track, so I will take it for what it's worth. Hopefully the 2014 FARC season will be better for my brother and I." - Lora Ocean outside her hauler, which was all packed up and leaving.
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 am

Tyler in Unfamiliar Position

Rip Tyler leads the points standing by the slimmest of margins. That is diametrically opposed to the way in which it transpired last season.
  "It's kind of a weird feeling," Tyler confessed. "Last year we came on like gang busters and charged to the championship. This time around, it's strange to be clinging to the points lead heading into the final event. There is still pressure in both situations-- just a different kind is all. I'm used to it by now. I like the pressure actually. We put on such an epic charge last year. This time, it's mine to lose. Not sure which type of pressure I prefer. I'll let you know after Rockford," Tyler chuckled.
  Laughter at such a pressure packed moment?! Being on the big stage doesn't seem to affect Tyler in the least.
"If you recall, I was sick as a dog this time last year. It actually helped believe it or not. Nerves and all. But I'm happy to be healthy this time for sure. After the experience of last year, I know exactly what to expect. I'm calm and good to go. I'm looking forward to hitting the track and hopefully bring home another championship to PSI and Lycoia's first in a series!"

PSI owner William Power questions the qualifying method though.

"Don't get me wrong, I like it for the most part overall. But I don't understand the deal where a driver not locked into the field could potentially leap the points leader by winning a B main," Power stated quizzically. "I really don't get it. That aspect, I mean. But thems the rules we're playing with and we're just gonna have to roll with it."

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Spoiler:
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Richard Scott Bounces Back with Heat Race Win; Other Drivers' Thoughts
After a season with highs, including a 3rd place finish at Buffalo Downs, and lows, including losing his engine on the first lap at Road America, Richard Scott has something to smile about after winning his heat race and qualifying for the Rockford 200.

"Well, after the past couple of weeks we've been needing a turnaround, and this will certainly do. I'm just hoping now we can survive the main race and continue working towards improving on 2014."

Aaron Singer was much angrier than Scott after failing to qualify, unsurprising given his lack of pace this year. However, Singer placed the blame on others:
"I'm so fed up with the bullshit I've been getting from this team. They give all the good cars to Ricky, and them everyone blames me when I can't do shit! I don't know what makes them think he deserves better than me. Does he have two yachts and eight cars? My family worked to get me this seat, and I'm not going to be dealing with this shit next year too. And all those critics can go to hell, I didn't lead the points in the Street Stocks for nothing. Goes to show what you can do when everyone else is being a retard."

Comedian OEN talk show host, and racing enthusaist Alec McDonald made his second consecutive attempt to qualify for the race, and managed to clinch a spot in the B-Main. "I want to thank everyone who's been a part of Team Alec for helping me out, and everyone at OEN, of course. We didn't perform where we wanted to, but we do get one more opportunity to qualify for the race. Sometimes I wish I could get second opportunities in my normal life... Like when I failed the breathalyzer last week, or when my girlfriend left with most of my valuables!"

Debutante driver and classic racing fan Neil Miller did not impress, finishing second to last in his heat, drawing the ire of some of those in the paddock. Miller, however, was dismissive, and instead commented: "What's important is that we all need to draw inspiration from the nineties, the golden years of racing!" Miller than pointed to his car, designed after that driven by former Elite Series midfielder Mark Norris. "Do you remember Mark Norris? You probably don't, since you're not a nineties kid like me. Only nineties kids will get this!"

Street Stocks race winner Mike Malone was unusually somber after failing to advance, given his bursts of temper earlier this year:
"Well, I just hate missing the race for all of us, but especially these guys at the shop who made this possible... I didn't know anything about racing before this year, I couldn't have done it without them."

Malone was then confronted by Miller, who was apparently angry with how Malone had raced him on the track. Malone responded by growling, "Tough shit, you stupid kid! There's a whole lot of drivers out there trying a helluva lot harder than you were to get in the race, you slow sack of crap! If you could drive half as fast as the rest of us, maybe I wouldn't have to use the bumper on you, dirtbag! Come back when you gain some spatial awareness, you douche!"

Miller then ran off to his RV to watch the 1994 Karjala Grand Prix and weep softly. After recomposing himself, Malone continued: "...So as I was saying, it sucks for my team and all the fans who came out to cheer us on, but we'll be back for more next year in Street Stocks."

Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Plissken "Ecstatic" at Dumping Griffith into B-Mains

When Kurt Plissken grabbed the coveted second transfer spot in Heat Race #5, he was quoted as saying he was "ecstatic" because he was able to send Anthony Griffith packing to the B-Mains.
"I'm thrilled," Plissken stated. "I only wish he'd been completely eliminated from contention-- but I'll take this for now and hope he gets bounced later. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy."
Plissken went on to lament that he was unable to overtake Leslie Riggs though.
"I was doing all I could to help both Rip and Libby out in this heat, but now that I'm in the show, maybe I can still be a factor to help one of them win the whole damn thing. Of course, all that's secondary to me winning the race. That goes without saying," Plissken said with a wry smile.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Jon Halks's radio: "The engine's gone. Story of our season. We deserved better in some spots. Dammit!"

Fred Caldwell: "I know, Jon. I'm sorry. We're all disappointed. Hopefully, we'll get in the All-Star Race, and have one last shot to snatch a trophy this season. We're all really proud to have you as our driver."

Jon Halks: "Thanks, guys. I'm proud to drive for this team."

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2013 Rockford 200 Pre-Race NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Fitzgerald no longer "happy to be here", wants more:

Saying Carter Fitzgerald's first ARLA start went less than stellar was an understatement.

"It was embarrassing," she said. "I know it was my first start, at a road course no less, but I really made a fool out of myself."

So you could forgive Fitzgerald for having little faith in her Rockford 200 attempt to make the field. But make it she did, as she drew the pole in Heat 1 and finished behind Richard Scott to transfer to the main event.

"That was awesome!" she said after her heat. "I mean, just starting a heat here on the pole would've been enough, but wow, to actually transfer to the main race without having to race in a B-main is really special.

"I was just happy to be here, but now I really want to win this thing!" she added.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 am

Clason furious with The Racing Team

Due to the hilariously slow cars of The Racing Team, Tanner Clason's Tornado Alley Trophy chances went up in smoke, winding up in 7th place in his heat, being beaten out by George Bryan. Clason did have some strong words for the racing team.

Read Clason's tirade:
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 am

Diamond makes the 200, asks fans to "hand all worldly possessions over to The Epsilon Program", citing an imminent apocalyptic event.

While he refused an interview following his transfer into the Rockford 200, Daniel Diamond would later post on the New World Orphans website regarding the race.

"My friends, this Rockford 200 means nothing to me in comparison to the imminent danger we are in. My friends, in just three weeks, the sky will open up and rain lava upon us. Please, in preparation, you should hand over all your money and other worldly possessions and accept the Epsilon Tract as FACT. Join us! Salvation, and merit badges, are just a tithe away!"
Kornography
Kornography
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by kcobb9 Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Spoiler:
kcobb9
kcobb9
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by zaw24fan Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Spoiler:
zaw24fan
zaw24fan
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Ashby satisfied with results
With the Q-races wrapping up, Trey Ashby will go into the Rockford 200. "Gotta say, I'm glad I made it and I wanna make the last race count." Ashby will be heading to Hotshot Racing in 2014 to drive alongside Kelly Posadas. Ashby has had an extremely up-and-down season with most of his good runs coming at the dirt tracks along with the Madhouse 200 at Bowman-Gray. "I just want a good impression left on this season, I hope for the best."

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:59 am

Weepers pulls off another underdog run, makes Rockford B-Mains.

Just a few months ago, a team showed up in the Pocono Mountains with just a primary car and a few extra parts, and qualified for an ARLA race, beating out about 75 other cars. Fast forward to today, and Antony Weepers and Weepers Racing have done it again. Against all odds, with a field of 114, almost every one of them using cars that were better than his, Weepers pulled off a fourth place finish in his heat race, locking himself into the B-Main. Weepers said he knows that it won't be easy, but he thinks that if he can keep the car clean, a top 10 finish isn't out of the question.

"I think a top 10 is possible for us. We've acquired some more equipment since Pocono, and are going all out for this race. There's some fierce competition in our B-Main, but all we need is some good luck, and who knows, you might just see us in Victory Lane."

Weepers had said that if he ran well in this race, he might be able to scrape some funds together to run some races in FARC next year.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Nick Azure qualifies for third straight B-main, Frank Azure not surprised with DNQ; had intention to hire Johnson

Even though FAC Motorsports time in ARLA has been filled with nothing but frustration and wrecked race cars.  But when it comes to qualifying for Rockford, they always seem to succeed, as Nick Azure has qualified the Murphy's Law Auto Repair Saar into the Rockford B-mains for the third consecutive year.  However, Frank Azure was not so lucky, as he failed to qualify for the event for the first time since the team made their ARLA debut in 2011 after wrecking out of his heat.  Frank was surprisingly calm and composed after exiting from the heat.

"I shouldn't be surprised really.  Considering how this season has gone for this team I'm not shocked at all.  I originally wasn't gonna attempt this race for this reason.  But I figured since this car is obsolete after this race anyway, I really didn't care what happened to us.  Yeah it sucks, but at least we got Nick in the B-mains yet again and attempt make the 200.  So it's a win-lose."

The previous heat, Tornado Alley Truck Series driver Chuck Johnson also failed to qualify for the race for his family owned team.  Frank was asked what was the relationship between him and Johnson and if there was any tension between the two them after a series of tweets from both parties suggesting that there is history between them, and the fact that Frank was spotted laughing at the fact Johnson DNQ'ed.  After Williams Grove, the team was considering replacing Nick, who wrecked out of 4 of the first 7 races, for a driver who could bring money to team as the team started the season with little to no outside funding.  Frank then reveled that Johnson, whose father own a small auto parts distributor, was the leading candidate to take over the car.  But that deal fell through as shortly before the Ring of Fire Tour, the team received major sponsorship from Murphy's.

"Well, when we were looking at other options for the team, we had a few options.  One idea was for me to step into the car myself, but with my ASCC commitments, and my Independent's Trophy campaign to worry about, that wasn't an option.  So Chuck was our lead candidate.  But when the Murphy's deal was finalized, we told him that we found other sponsorship and that we're sticking with Nick and apparently he didn't take it well.  We told him it wasn't guaranteed we were going with him as we did our best to try to keep Nick in the car.  And he has the balls to talk shit about Nick on Twitter, and how he was going to prove to us that we made the wrong call.  What the fuck has he done in Trucks this season?  Jack shit.  Half the time I forget he's even in the field and he didn't even qualify for the Truck race here.  And guess who's in the B-main and who isn't.  I know more than anyone that Nick isn't the best driver, but look at your own career before you talk shit about someone else's."

After Johnson's heat, he stormed off before the media had a chance to talk to him.  Reporters tried again after the rest of the heats, but after failing to qualify for the Truck race as well, the Johnson Family Racing team already left the track.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 am

Kinasa still hopeful that she can win ROTY

After failing to advance past the Heats, and Jim Hayes advancing into the 200, Andrea Kinasa is adamant that she can still win the ROTY if Jim Hayes has a problem and finishes in the lower half of the field.

"If I don't have a chance to fight for it, I just have to hope something happens."

The last time Groves Racing lost the ROTY was at this same race in 2010, but with the late Scott Morales.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down