Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2019

+2
BJ Falcon
PackerMan71
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2019

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:04 pm

JACKSON SCORED SECOND TOP 10 OF 2012, REST OF GRI STRUGGLES, SHANE LAKE AND GRI PART WAYS

Round 4 of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season, the MyCheese.com 250K, was another case of hit and miss for Gravity Racing, Inc.

Race 1 had the lone GRI entrant, Rachel Rainsford. She was spun by Laura Cyrus early in the race and never recovered from it. She finished one lap down in 34th place, but still finished the race and scored 26 points.

In race 2, the 71, 7, and 3 all managed to escape the massive wreck in turn two, although Wodarczyk was held up a little bit. It was fairly quiet runs for all three cars for the majority of the race. Then, with 5 laps to go, Lake was involved in an incident and dropped out of the race, finishing 24th but scoring no points. Another possible flaw in the new points system occured with 2 laps to go. Wodarczyk and Eric Jackson were battling with Greg Woodard for 7th place when the transmission broke on the 71 at Station 5. Wodarczyk finished 19th, but because he didn't make it to the finish, scored no points, while drivers who finished behind him scored points for finishing. Jackson finished in 8th, the second time this season he finished there.

After the race was complete, team owner Packer Carroll held a press conference concerning Shane Lake and the #7 team.

PACKER: After some talking and consideration, Shane Lake has decided to part ways with us effective immediately. He's lost his desire to have a racing career, most likely because his restaurant is taking up much of his attention, and it's reflecting in his performances this season. I appreciate the contributions he gave to the team, and this was a very difficult decision for him to make, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do, and his attention right now is on his restaurant. We certainly wish him the very best.

As for who will replace Lake in the #7 car...

PACKER: We've been grooming a driver in the late model ranks at Columbus Motor Speedway for some time now, and I think he would be the perfect fit for these types of cars. I would like to welcome Isaac Lightener to the team.

Isaac Lightener, a short tracker from the New England area, has been driving on local short tracks for GRI the past few seasons. He attempted to qualify for the Rockford 200 last year, but failed to make it past the qualifying races. He will slot into the #7 Kivett for the remainder of 2012.

After 4 races, Eric Jackson is the highest of the GRI armada in the points standings, currently 13th. Rachel Rainsford is 53rd, and Todd Wodarczyk has slipped all the way to 77th after back-to-back DNFs.

The next event for the ARLA Elite Series: Piqua, Ohio, certainly an event that GRI considers one of it's most important events of the season.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2019

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:40 pm

REGINA DISAPPOINTED WITH 12TH AFTER STARTING IN TOP 3

The debut of the 2012 Hanover Formula Overdrive series season saw GRI driver Regina McCloud start in third in the California Grand Prix at Sears Point. Unfortunately, the handling wasn't that good on race day, and she slipped down to 12th at the finish of the race.

REGINA: Disappointing. We had a better car than this in practice. Hopefully, we'll have better luck at Milwaukee.

Regina is currently 12th with 2 points.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:54 pm

REGINA OUT OF THE POINTS AT MILWAUKEE

After starting 20th in the Hanmore Milwaukee 100, the second round of the 2012 Formula Overdrive season, Regina McCloud was up and down the running order for much of the event. She got as high as third before falling back to finish 17th, only the second time she has finished out of the points in her FO career. She has dropped to 17th in the points standings.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PACKER TO RUN THE HANMORE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

In a surprise announcement, Volpi Racing driver Packer Carroll has announced that he will enter the Formula Overdrive season finale at Texas, the Hanmore World Championships, which has a prize pool of over $10 million. Hanmore has opened race entries for all drivers, including ARLA, CRL, TM Lights, and TM Master Cup Series drivers. Packer explains why he is entering the world of open-wheel racing for this one-off event.

PACKER: Seriously? A $10 million prize going to the winner? How could you not enter this event?

Packer will enter as a teammate to Regina McCloud, driving the #3 Duncan, and with backing from his ARLA sponsor, Grape Soup.

Another question that was on everyone's mind: would he run in the Mini Indy 500 ARLA Endurance event in June?

PACKER: I'd love to, but my schedule won't allow it. I'll be in Wales for the Master Cup event there. I'll more than likely run the Rockford 200, though.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:58 pm

PACKER HAS A WHOOPSIE MOMENT ON FIRST LAP, STILL FINISHES 11TH AT BRANDS HATCH

Round 4 of the 2012 TM Master Cup Series season, the Round of England at Brands Hatch, was Volpi driver Packer Carroll's first career start at the legendary British track. The inexperience, as well as some rain during qualifying, saw Packer start in the 27th position, his worst starting spot of the season.

Trouble struck early for the #2 car. On Lap 1, going through the Pilgrims Drop straight heading into Hawthorne Bend, Packer was attempting a pass on the #777 of Ian Cooper when the two touched approaching the turn. Both cars spun down the straight, collecting several other cars as well. Despite some damage, both Cooper and Packer remained in the race, and due to attrition in the race, managed to salvage decent points days, with Cooper finishing 14th, and Packer finishing just one spot out of the top 10 in 11th, the next to last car on the lead lap.

After the race, Packer accepted the blame for the Lap 1 incident between himself and Ian Cooper.

PACKER: That was my fault. I thought I had Ian cleared, and I was gonna move in front of him to set up for turn 5, but I clipped his right front just enough to send us both spinning, and that's what caused that whole mess. Just goes to show you that there's not much margin for error in Master Cup. I want to apologize to Ian and Team EFR. That was in no way a malicious move on my part. I just goofed. But at least we salvaged some points out of the day, so it wasn't a total loss.

After the interview, Packer headed down pit road to talk with Ian Cooper about the incident.

Even with the good finish, Packer has yet to crack the top 20 in points this season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PACKER TO APPEAL POINTS PENALTY, RUSH RIPS INTO THE OFFICIALS

In the aftermath of the Round of England, Volpi driver Packer Carroll was penalized 15 points for his incident with Ian Cooper. Packer, like many other drivers, has appealed the points penalty.

In the meantime, his crew chief, Rush McCloud, made his feelings about the penalty known, and he was furious.

RUSH: Are these officials blind as bats? Packer did not come across Cooper's nose on purpose. He thought he had him cleared and was setting up for the Hawthrone Bend, and not only that, but the incident between Delgado and Griffith may have also played a part in Packer's early move, as he probably reacted to what was going on in front of him and instinctively moved to the left, as the incident was on the right side of the track. Now, if it was an incident like what happened between Camphausen and Plissken or Devereux and Johaanes, then I can see where the officials make their point. But in this case, they overstepped their boundaries big time, and quite frankly, it's ridiculous. And besides that, Packer apologized and accepted blame for what happened, but apparently, that's not good enough for them, and that makes them pretty damn ignorant, in my opinion.

Packer, on the other hand, had very little to say.

PACKER: I'm just trying to get my penalty overturned. If it isn't, we'll just accept it and move on.

UPDATE: The points penalty was upheld. Rolling Eyes

--------------------------------------------------------------------

REGINA WILL RETURN FOR A THIRD FORMULA OVERDRIVE SEASON, VOLPI AND GRI TO REUNITE ONCE AGAIN?

With rumors about the 2013 Formula Overdrive season already under way, Gravity Racing, Inc. has already confirmed that Regina McCloud will return next season, due to her having a lifetime contract with the team. With FO returning the two-car per team rule, GRI is currently searching for a driver for the second team for 2013.

Also, the one-manufacturer per team rule will also return next season, and there are rumors swirling that Volpi and GRI will team up once again like in the 2011 season. The two teams have developed a great relationship over the past two seasons, mainly with GRI team owner Packer Carroll's affiliation with the Volpi Racing Team as one of its drivers. While the rumors have not been confirmed, there is a strong possibility of Volpi and GRI joining forces for 2013, under the name they used in 2011, Volpi Gravity Racing.

PACKER: Cyril Volpi and I are definitely talking about it. We would certainly like to revisit the success we had in 2011. So, hopefully, we can come to an agreement for the 2013 season.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed May 02, 2012 6:40 pm

DECENT DAY FOR GRI AT PIQUA

It wasn't what Gravity Racing, Inc. was expecting for a home race, but it's better than nothing.

It was mainly an uneventful day for GRI, which saw all four of its cars finish in the top 20. Eric Jackson and Todd Wodarczyk finished 13th and 14th, respectively, in race 1, while Rachel Rainsford finished 13th, and debutante driver Isaac Lightener finished 18th despite being caught up in two incidents during race 2.

After 5 races, Eric Jackson is now 12th in the points standings. Rachel Rainsford is 45th, Todd Wodarczyk 63rd, and Isaac Lightener is 80th.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun May 06, 2012 1:51 am

REGINA SCORES HER FIRST CAREER PODIUM AT GREEN VALLEY DESPITE STARTING 13TH

If you saw how excited Regina McCloud was after the Missouri Grand Prix, the third round of the 2012 Hanmore Formula Overdrive season, you'd think she won the race.

After starting back in the 13th position, she steadily worked her way toward the front in the 50-lap race at the Green Valley 540. She wasn't able to challenge for the lead, but she managed to score her best career finish to date, 3rd, her first career podium finish and her first Formula Overdrive race trophy.

REGINA: YES! FINALLY! I've been scratching and clawing to get one of these bad boys (holds up her bronze trophy), and now I finally have one. Now that that's out of the way, our next goal is to get to victory lane.

With her first podium under her belt, she moves up to 10th in the points standings. The next race for Formula Overdrive, the Delano 200, is at the Memphis Motorsports Park.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat May 12, 2012 2:49 pm

PACKER LOSES HIS COOL AFTER THE ROUND OF FRANCE, WILL APPEAL ATP

After having to start in the back of the field for the 2012 Round of France, Volpi driver Packer Carroll was on the march, proving he had a fast race car, and that road courses were his specialty. By the midway point of the race, he was running 9th after starting 33rd.

Then, while trying to make a move on Blake Camphausen for position, Packer had a line to make it through, but Louis Kingston, who was also racing for position, slid wide, then across the front bumper of Packer's car and into Camphausen, spinning Camphausen out. Then , afterwards, it appeared that Kingston was running Packer into the grass in retaliation, and Packer, deciding not to take that kind of gruff, spun Kingston out, prompting the officials to give him an ATP, which caused Packer to finish out of the points.

When reporters talked with him after the race, it appeared that Packer had finally lost his cool.

PACKER: Unbelievable. I'm trying to run as clean a race as possible to make up for what happened in England, and I was doing a pretty damn good job. Then, I was trying to pass Camphausen and Kingston, and Kingston just slams into me like he's out of his mind. And then he runs me into the grass, and I'M the one that gets an active time penalty and not him? Ridiculous.

When asked about what he thought of Kevin Dwyer and Dan Mullen's comments during and after the race, he had this to say...

PACKER: That's typical of Dwyer, saying s**t behind my back. Hey, Dwyer, you want to call me an idiot with no talent? Come say it to my face, and you'll see what kind of nasty bastard I can be. Come at me, bro. As for Dan Mullen, he can kiss my a**. I'm sick and tired of being portrayed as the bad guy. And Camphausen, f**k you.

His crew chief, Rush McCloud, was more stunned by Packer's outburst than he was upset about the race.

RUSH: Man, I haven't seen Packer lose his cool that often in the time I've known him, which is going on 15 years. Personally, Packer was just racing for position inside the top 10, and Kingston looks like he lost control of the car. Of course, running Packer into the grass wasn't very sportsmanlike either, so he should've gotten an ATP, but that's what you get when you have short-sighted officials. Dwyer's just a raging overrated cunt, and Mullen and Camphausen are loudmouth assclowns, and that's all I've got to say about that.

Packer is currently appealing the ATP.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 pm

ANOTHER DECENT DAY FOR GRI, JACKSON MOVES INTO TOP TEN IN POINTS

In a rare occurrence, all four Gravity Racing, Inc. machines started in race 1 of the FABricators 250 @ Grand Detour, the sixth race of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series. With the Death Bowl being its usual self, GRI had a somewhat decent event.

Rachel Rainsford had a short day, falling out early after a tire hub failure on her #171 Dublin Downs Kivett. Her 36th place finish drops her from 45th to 49th in the points standings.

Isaac Lightener in the #7 Sub-Zero Kivett had a more eventful race, being involved in several accidents, and finishing 28 laps down in 21st place, but the key factor is that he managed to finish the race and earned championship points. He jumps from 80th to 71st, 9 positions, in the points.

Todd Wodarczyk in the #71 Grape Soup Kivett had a fairly quiet day. He had to dodge several accidents during the day, but managed a respectable 16th place finish. He jumps 18 spots in the standings, from 63rd to 45th.

Without a doubt, Eric Jackson in the #3 ZombieBusters.com Kivett has been the most consistent of the GRI armada in the ARLA Elite Series. Even though he has only 2 top ten finishes, he hasn't finished outside the top 15 all year, and it continued with a quiet 11th place run at Grand Detour. He now moves into the top 10 in points for the first time in his career, moving from 12th to 9th heading into the Canadian tour.

-----------------------------------------------

GOTT NOTCHES SECOND CONSECUTIVE TOP TEN AT FIRST HOME RACE

The Round of Piqua, the 4th of 17 events in the 2012 TM Lights season, saw Zach Gott finish 10th for the second straight race. Despite being down a lap at one point, Gott fought his way back onto the lead lap, and scored his second straight top ten finish in the first of two home races this season (the other being the Round of Ohio). He is now 14th in the points standings.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sun May 20, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 pm

CRL SEASON DEBUTS DECENT FOR GRI AT IRWINDALE

After a long off-season, Rush McCloud was itching to get back behind the wheel of his #71 Jack Link's Beef Jerky modified, as was newcomer Amanda Johnson, Zach Gott's younger sister and newest driver to Gravity Racing, Inc.'s line-up, driving the new #171 team. Bolden remained on as manufacturer for GRI's CRL program.

The first race of the 2012 season, the Pizza Hut 150 @ Irwindale Speedway, was a home race for Rush, as his hometown was in San Francisco, not far from Irwindale. Although he didn't have the performance he would've liked, he finished 15th, giving him 45 points under the CRL's new point system. Amanda Johnson finished 22nd and scored 24 points.

The next race for the CRL Modified Series will be at the Portland International Raceway for the Portland.com Grand Prix.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm

PACKER FROM THE BACK TO HIS FIRST TOP TEN OF 2012 AT SWEDEN

After having to start in the back for the second consecutive race, VRT driver Packer Carroll was just hoping for a decent, but most of all, clean race at the 2012 TM Master Cup Series Round of Sweden. He got more than just a decent finish.

After starting 35th, Packer remained steady throughout the 25-lap event, making clean passes one at a time. As he got near the front, he had a fun, but clean battle near the 15th position with Gaspar DeSouza and Avery Holtzmann.

By the end of the race, the #2 MaiaSoft Volpi didn't have a scratch on it, and Packer brought it home in 9th place, his first top ten of the 2012 season. He was visibly relieved after the race.

PACKER: Whew. Well, we finally have a clean race in Europe, despite having to start in the back. It was a lot of fun racing Holtzmann and DeSouza midway through the race, and to be able to race cleanly, that makes it a lot of fun, and I sorely needed this. The first quarter of this season has, for the most part, sucked, and I apologize to my fans for that, but it looks like we've gotten it on the right track.

As for his feelings on the Karjala Grand Prix in two weeks?

PACKER: Nervous. Extremely nervous. I've never raced in the Karjala Grand Prix, and after the last three years, I actually dread going to Karjala, because the disappointment that comes with not making the race... it's tough to handle year after year, and now I have a full-time ride, and the pressure's gonna be on. But I'll worry about that when the time comes. For now, I'm gonna enjoy the two-week break we're getting.

Packer's 9th place finish moves him up to 17th in the points standings.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:00 pm

LIGHTENER GIVES GRI FIRST POLE, FINISHES 4TH, JACKSON CONTINUES CONSISTENT SEASON, FINISHING 6TH, WODARCZYK STUNS TORONTO CROWD BY WINNING ROUND 1... WITH NO FRONT END

It was one of Gravity Racing, Inc.'s finest race weekends, at the Four Corners 200 in Toronto, the 7th round of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season.

It all started with Isaac Lightener, known as "the Iceman" on the local tracks in New Hampshire, putting the #7 Sub-Zero Energy Kivett on the pole in race 1, and also earned GRI's first ARLA pole, in just his third career start. He led the first 13 laps before falling back due to pitstops. He was involved in several incidents during the race, but earned his first career top 5 finish when he finished 4th. While he was happy with the finish, he wished he had gotten it a little cleaner than he did.

ISAAC: I want to apologize to Graham and Campbell. I tried to make three-wide passes because there were openings on the bottom, and I thought I could make it happen, but then again, this track is extremely tough to NOT hit anybody on. It's not a very wide track to race on. But we got our first top 5, and our first pole, so I'd say it was a good day.

In just three races, Lightener has moved all the way up to 47th in points.

Eric Jackson continued his consistent season and rise in the points standings. He led 6 laps in the race and finished 6th, his third top ten of season, and has not finished outside the top 15 yet this season. He has moved up to 6th in the standings, 75 points out of the lead.

But it was the performance of Todd Wodarczyk in the #71 Grape Soup Kivett that was the buzz of the race. For the first half of the race, he was running below midfield. Then, on the fourth caution on Lap 61, he received damage to the front of his car when he ran into the back of Taylor Brillon, and then ran into the flipped car of Nami Mura. Wodarczyk would pit to have the damaged front end taken off the car.

But surprisingly, the car was still fast in the second half of the race, and inside ten laps to go, was running in 2nd behind Rip Tyler. Then, with four laps to go, Tyler had to pit for a mechanical issue, which gave Wodarczyk the lead, with Ebenezer Quiggles and Laura Cyrus breathing down his back, and his teammate Lightener was closing fast on all three cars.

Quiggles and Cyrus tried everything they could to get around the wounded 71 car, but Wodarczyk would hold them off to score his first victory of the season and the third of his career despite significant front end damage. Wodarczyk moved up to 33rd in the standings with his win.

Team owner Packer Carroll was stunned and amused at how Wodarczyk managed to hold off much stronger cars behind him despite the damage to the 71 car.

PACKER: Unreal. Just goes to show you that this team doesn't give up, and Todd proved today that he is a top-notch driver. To be able to hold off Quiggles, Cyrus, and Isaac with a damaged car, that takes some mad skill. I'm very proud of Todd, Eric, and Isaac. They kicked some a** today.

The only GRI driver who didn't have any luck was Rachel Rainsford, who's #171 Dublin Downs Kivett went out of race 2 on Lap 20 when she was involved in an accident. She drops to 57th in the points standings.

After the event was over, Packer headed back to the airport to fly back to Karjala, as he prepares to run the Pre-Qualifying round of the Karjala Grand Prix.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:21 pm

KARJALA CURSE STRIKES PACKER ONCE AGAIN

It seems that Volpi driver Packer Carroll's fears of the Karjala Grand Prix were justified.

For the fourth straight year, Packer has failed to qualify for the TM Master Cup Series most prestigious race, when he finished 17th in his Pre-Q race, three spots from a spot in the Main Q-Race. After the race, Packer immediately left the track, but came back a little while later to give an abbreviated interview.

PACKER: I want to apologize to Cyril Volpi. I guess I'm just not meant to race in the Karjala Grand Prix, and VRT has to pay the price for it. I just... I don't know what to think anymore.

His crew chief, Rush McCloud, had this to say after the race...

RUSH: (sigh) I feel like I failed Packer today. The car wasn't the best, but he did all he could to keep that car in the top 14, and he just fell short. Now he feels like the blame should fall squarely on him, and that's not true. I didn't give him the best set-up, and we're out of Karjala... again. I hope he can get over this soon, because this isn't the first time I've seen him like this.

It may be safe to assume that Packer's chances of winning the championship this year are done, and with Kevin Dwyer making the Main Q-Race, his shot at Rookie of the Year may have gone up in smoke as well.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:40 pm

GRI FINALLY CONQUERS BAD LUCK AT MOSPORT

For the past couple of seasons, Mosport International Raceway has not been very kind to Gravity Racing, Inc. Its drivers have run well, but somehow get caught up in accidents midway through the race. That all changed with the 8th Round of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season, the Mosport 150K, which was held in the rain.

In race #1, the #3 of Eric Jackson, which has been the most consistent driver of the GRI armada, was not all that good throughout the race weekend, and it didn't improve in the race. He wound up finishing 25th, the first time this season he has finished outside the top 15, but due to attrition in both races, and the fact that Jackson finished his race, Jackson only lost one spot. He is currently 7th in the points standings and still well within striking distance of the lead.

Todd Wodarczyk backed up his Toronto victory with a quiet 5th place run, which puts him just outside the top 20, from 33rd to 21st.

But it was Isaac Lightener's performance in the #7 Kivett that was the most surprising. Before the Mosport race, the Iceman, rising through the short track ranks, had never raced on a road course in his career. Yet, despite that and the rainy conditions, Lightener still finished 9th, earning his second consecutive top ten, and continues his meteoric rise through the standings. At one point, he was 80th in points, and now, after Mosport, he is currently 40th in the points, and you know he is looking forward to the Mini Indy 500 at IRP, being a short track specialist.

The only GRI driver who can't seem to find any luck is the driver of the #171 Kivett, Rachel Rainsford. She was in the second race, in which the rain was coming down even harder, almost to the point of monsoon conditions. She was involved in several incidents on the first lap, but managed to keep the car going until Lap 13, when the clutch failed on the car. She finished 18th due to the massive attrition, but due to not taking the checkered flag, she failed to score any points. With 4 DNFs in 7 races, Rainsford has dropped all the way to 66th in the points standings, with the endurance event, the Mini Indy 500, fast approaching.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm

BAD LUCK AT MEMPHIS GIVES REGINA FIRST DNF OF HER CAREER

After a stellar performance at Green Valley, earning her first career podium, Regina McCloud was looking for more at the fourth round of the 2012 Formula Overdrive season, the Delano 200 @ Memphis. She didn't have the best of qualifying runs, slotting into the 20th position.

She was running well inside the points, but on Lap 57, she was involved in a three-car incident that took herself, Cliff Raymond, and polesitter Hamilton Porteau out of the race. Regina took a hard hit into the outside wall, but checked out of the infield care center with just a few bumps and bruises. Unfortunately, this was her first DNF in her Formula Overdrive career. She finished 23rd.

Regina drops to 15th in the points standings, 30 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:52 am

ONLY TWO OF SIX GRI CARS QUALIFY FOR MINI INDY, RAINSFORD WINS Q-RACE, RUSH TO GIVE JACKSON SPOT IN THE FIELD

After a great Canadian tour, it was a huge surprise that four of the six GRI cars failed to qualify for the ARLA Elite Series 2012 endurance event, the Mini-Indy 500 @ IRP. Even more surprising was the fact that Todd Wodarczyk, Eric Jackson, and Isaac Lightener failed to qualify for the race.

Rachel Rainsford, who seemed to have the most bad luck of the GRI drivers, finally showed some speed in the #171 Dublin Downs Kivett, when she took the lead with 16 laps to go in Q-Race #2, and went on to win the race. After 4 DNFs in the first 7 races, it was nice to see that Rainsford was finally getting some good luck.

Then there was the Moonlighter, Rush McCloud. True to his nickname, Rush finished 12th in Q-Race #3, qualifying for Mini Indy. But after learning that Eric Jackson had failed to qualify, Rush held a press conference concerning his spot in the field.

RUSH: After some consideration, I've decided to relinquish my spot in the field, and I will give it to Eric Jackson. Running in this race would've been a good experience for me, but Jackson's currently in the running for the ARLA championship this year, and to me, that's far more important. And as consistent as Eric has been this year, I have no doubt that if luck stays with him for all 500 laps, he will make the most of this opportunity.

This isn't the first time a GRI driver has relinquished his spot in the field for a teammate. At the Rockford 200 last year, Zach Gott had qualified the #7 car, but gave his spot to Packer after the #71 failed to qualfy, which allowed Packer to start his 50th ARLA Elite Series race.

So now, GRI's hopes for a Mini Indy 500 trophy rests on the shoulders of Rachel Rainsford and Eric Jackson, two former TM Master Cup veterans looking to use ARLA as a springboard to make it back to the Cup ranks, and for Jackson, his shot at the ARLA Elite Series championship remains alive.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:58 pm

PACKER SALVAGES 17TH AFTER A TOUGH DAY IN RUSSIA

It's tough to refocus on the task at hand after failing to qualify for the Karjala Grand Prix, especially if it's your fourth in a row.

But despite that, and despite driving a car that certainly was not the best handling car in the race, Volpi driver Packer Carroll managed to salvage a 17th place finish and earned 6 points after starting 28th.

The only incident Packer was involved in was early in the race, when Marcos Leonard attempted to pass the 2 car, but didn't look like he was quite clear and came across the 2's front bumper. Leonard was able to continue, and Packer was apologetic on the radio and after the race.

PACKER: I was setting up for that corner, and Marcos started coming over because he thought he had cleared me for the position, and I was thinking, "Please don't come over, please don't comer over." And we just touched sheet metal and Marcos spun out. (sigh) Seems like I can never get one good clean run in anymore. And we need to try to improve our setups, because Divina is just blowing us out of the water right now.

He is now 18 points behind Kevin Dwyer in the Rookie of the Year battle, and is still outside the top 20 in points.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:53 pm

GOTT GETS NAILED WITH BACK-TO-BACK DNFS

Zach Gott had his best career qualifying effort at Peoria (4th), and was running in the top 10 all race until Lap 47. He was involved in a three-wide situation off of turn 4 and was spun down the frontstretch, with the entire field coming at him. He took three or four hard hits, but managed to climb out of the car under his own power. He finished 27th. Things didn't get any better at Mosport, where he finished 25th after having to pit for a flat tire.

He is currently 22nd in the 2012 TM Lights points standings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PACKER LOSES A TOP FIVE RUN AFTER ENGINE EXPIRES AT WALES

Volpi driver Packer Carroll has to be glad that the 2012 TM Master Cup Series European tour is finally over.

Packer started in the 6th position, but quickly made his way up to 4th in the first couple of turns. He pretty much stayed there up until pitstops at the halfway point of the race, which saw the #2 Volpi crew put out a lightning fast pitstop, which gave Packer the third position ahead of Leonid Roderick. For the first time since Road America last year, a spot on the podium was in his grasp. With ten laps to go, Packer played a cautious approach when he came up to lap Zach Duff, and Roderick managed to power by in the sharp left hand corner to retake the third position, but Packer was right on his heels. Then, without warning, the engine expired on the #2 Volpi with 8 laps to go, and Packer's top 5 run went up in smoke. Even worse, Kevin Dwyer had crashed out early in the race, and Packer had an opportunity to take over the lead in the Rookie of the Year battle. Instead, he finished outside the points for the fifth time in nine races in 2012, and he was glad that the European tour was finally over.

PACKER: Typical. We finally have a top 5 run going, and we lose the engine. (sigh) We just can't seem to buy any luck right now. I'm just glad we are finally going back to the States. This European trip has been brutal on us, so hopefully, returning to the U.S. will be the tonic we need to get our season on track.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:09 pm

PACKER'S ENLIGHTENING RADIO INTERVIEW

After a disappointing European tour, Volpi driver Packer Carroll was glad that he was finally heading home to the States. The TM Master Cup Series has three weeks off before the next race in Michigan, which marks the halfway point of the season. During the long break, Packer's services in his home state of Ohio were in high demand. The most notable appearance was a radio interview he did with 96.3 WLVQ.

RADIO HOST: We are pleased to welcome TM Master Cup Series driver and Ohio native Packer Carroll to the program today.

PACKER: Thanks for having me.

RADIO HOST: Of course, Packer just returned from the TM Master Cup Series' European tour, so the first question I have is: How was the trip?

PACKER: Well, I wish I could say it was great, but to be honest, we had some poor showings during that tour. Of course, we had great runs during the majority of those races, but we've just had terrible luck. Wales was just the latest example of that. We were running 4th for pretty much the entire race, and I could taste the podium, and then the engine went poof. Divina had mechanical trouble as well, but I'm not sure if the two are related or not, although more often than not, it is. And missing the Karjala Grand Prix again certainly didn't help matters. Thankfully, we get three weeks off, and after everything we've been through, it's nice to get an extended break.

RADIO HOST: One of our fans had a question for you, and they asked: Who is the man known as Packer Carroll, and what is he like?

PACKER: Well, some people might be surprised to learn that Packer is not my real first name. My full birth name is Jared Lyle Carroll. "Packer" was just a nickname at first because I'm a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers, and then I decided to make it my official first name when I got into the racing business. Seemed like a perfect to me. As for what I'm like, I'm just an average 27 year old native of Columbus, Ohio who had major aspirations of making it to stock car racing's highest level. Now, I have my own team, Gravity Racing, Inc., and it's presence is being felt far and wide, and I'm driving for one of the premier teams in the Master Cup Series. The first half of the season has, in essence, sucked, but according to Rush, I usually come alive in the second half of the season, so I'm still hopeful that we'll get our season on track.

RADIO HOST: There are rumors swirling that none of the drivers rides are safe for next year, including yours. Leonid Roderick may in line for your ride, and with Lynxe rumored to leave Volpi and bring their Women's Team up to Cup, Divina Henton may be leaving Volpi to join that effort. If you aren't resigned by Volpi, and if you can't find any rides on a full-time ride, what will you do?

PACKER: I'm fairly certain that there will be some teams knocking on my door offering me a ride, but, if I don't get an offer... (sigh) I guess if push comes to shove, I guess I'll just go back to ARLA. At least there, I'm in control of my own destiny.

RADIO HOST: What do you mean by that?

PACKER: Well, in my entire racing career, which is almost 20 years, I've driven for someone else full-time on three occasions. When I first started in the RUSH Series, I drove for Turbo Motorsports, which was owned by a man named Derrick Evans. I won two championships with the team before Rush came along, and we decided to form Gravity Racing, Inc. The second time was when I went to the TM Junior Series in 2010, when I drove the #110 for Greg Whittaker Racing. We did pretty good, finishing 5th in points. The third time is when I joined the Volpi Racing Team this year. Other than those three occasions, I've been driving my own cars, whether it was on local short tracks like Columbus Motor Speedway, Kil-Kare or Ohio Motor Speedway, the RUSH Series, the Monster Energy Modifieds, ARLA, and the TM Lights, I've always felt comfortable being my own boss and making the decisions regarding my team. When I'm driving for someone else, I'm under constant pressure to perform because I could lose my ride if don't get the job done, and it's a feeling I'm not comfortable with. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy driving for the Volpi Racing Team, and I hope they resign me for next year, but I have to admit, having to perform to save your job, it's a bit unnerving.

RADIO HOST: So it seems that you'd be more comfortable being an owner and a driver in the Cup Series, which leads to my next question: There have been rumors that some of the manufacturers are interested in signing a deal with GRI to move it up to Cup. Can you confirm whether these rumors are true or not?

PACKER: Trust me, I've heard the same rumors, and while some manufacturers might be interested, I haven't received any offers yet to move my team up to the Cup level yet, but I guess that would be the best case scenario considering how I am, eh? Laughing But, we'll wait and see what happens.

RADIO HOST: Of course, probably the biggest thing the race fans are most interested in is your date with ARLA Elite Series driver and b model Leslie Riggs, which came as a huge surprise to a lot of your fans and hers. So one of the questions that have been asked is: How the heck did you manage to get a date with Leslie Riggs?

PACKER: Ummm.... I asked.

RADIO HOST: That's it? Laughing

PACKER: Believe it or not. Of course, I didn't ask her, "HEY, LESLIE, WILL YOU MARRY ME PLEASE?", like a lot of her male fans were apparently doing, and she constantly gets letters in her mail from her fans asking to marry her. So, it was probably a nice change of pace when I asked her out on a date. Note: I asked her out on a date, not to marry her, so I think that made a difference in her decision to say yes.

RADIO HOST: And I'm guessing you were extremely nervous when you two went on your date.

PACKER: I'll admit, I was so nervous, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack, but I had a really fun time. I'm guessing she did too, because she was ribbing me quite a bit afterwards about how I don't like to drink. Of course, I'm used to that kind of thing, because I have to deal with Rush on a regular basis. Laughing

RADIO HOST: Boy, did Leslie cause quite a stir on Twitter when she tweeted, "The condom broke."

PACKER: You are not kidding. I thought that Twitter was gonna implode after she tweeted that. The responses from the other drivers and fans, it was crazy. Then she said that she was just kidding, and it all settled down... but it was damn sure entertaining to see all those reactions. Laughing

RADIO HOST: Of course, another big question on the minds of the fans is: Are you and Leslie going on a second date soon?

PACKER: Well, I'll be honest, I'd love to go on a second date with Leslie, but that's ultimately up to her. And she'd get to choose where we went, since I chose the first time, so... we'll see.

RADIO HOST: Packer, thank you for joining us here today.

PACKER: Thank you for having me.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:16 pm

GOTT SURPRISES HIMSELF AND FANS BY NOTCHING BEST CAREER FINISH AT PORTLAND

After two dismal races in a row, GRI driver Zach Gott was certainly not looking forward to yet another road course, which was Portland International Raceway, site of Round 7 of the 2012 TM Lights Series. Starting in the last row certainly didn't help matters.

But while most of the other drivers had trouble with turn 3 and the Festival Chicane, Zach had a clean race from start to finish, and shocked a lot of his fans, as well as himself, by earning his best career TM Lights finish to date: 5th.

ZACH: I'll definitely take it. If you would've told me that I was gonna get my first top 5 here at Portland, I would've told you that you were nuts. Road courses are not really my forte.

-----------------------------------------------------------

REGINA HAS TO PIT FOR FUEL LATE, FINISHES OUT OF THE POINTS YET AGAIN

After starting 20th in the Formula Overdrive Digitickets Cleveland Grand Prix at Burke Lakefront Airport, GRI driver Regina McCloud managed to work her way up as high as third before having to pit for fuel late in the race. She finished 18th, out of the points for the third time in five races, a far cry from last year, when she finished every race in the points.

She remains 15th in the points standings.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 pm

REGINA DODGES BIG WRECK AT DARLINGTON, GETS TENTH WHEN RACE IS CALLED

Regina McCloud should consider herself lucky.

In the 2012 ClarTech Darlington Dash, the sixth round of the 2012 Formula Overdrive season, Regina was right behind the massive Lap 8 pile-up that severely injured Irish drivers Meghan Gallagher and Tanya Carter. Fortunately, she had a gap between herself and the pack of cars in front of her, which allowed her to go to the bottom of turn 2 and miss the wreck.

When the race was red-flagged and eventually called, Regina was credited with 10th place. But after learning about what happened to Gallagher and Carter, Regina was just glad that she made it through in one piece.

REGINA: I was right behind that wreck when it started. Fortunately, I was far enough back to where I could dodge it by going low. After I heard what happened to Meghan and Tanya, I'm glad I got through with all my body parts still attached.

She dropped one position in the standings to 16th.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:59 pm

RAINSFORD NOTCHES FIRST TOP 10 OF SEASON, JACKSON LOSES OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE UP IN POINTS, RUSH RAGES AT ARLA OVER THE RACE AND POINTS SYSTEM

The Mini-Indy 500 at IRP saw only two of the six GRI cars in the field; Eric Jackson and Rachel Rainsford. Both drivers made it to the final segment, but only one made it to the finish.

And it wasn't Eric Jackson. He was caught up in several incidents during the day, the last of which took him out of the race. Despite making it over 400 laps, he would receive no points. He remains 7th in the standings, but is now 222 points out of the lead. Rush McCloud, who gave his spot to Jackson, was very angry at ARLA at how they handled this race.

RUSH: I think it's pretty pathetic that only 8 drivers are gonna score points, especially when one of those drivers, the points leader, won the race, so now he has a huge lead over everyone else. The fact that ARLA's not awarding points to the drivers that made it to segment 2 and 3 is absolutely retarded. In my opinion, what should've happened in a race of this length is that if a driver made it to segment 2, they get at least a 1/4 of the points if they DNF, and if they make it to segment 3, they get at least half points, but no. ARLA decides that it doesn't matter how far a driver goes. If they DNF, they get 0 points, and for that reason, it makes this race a complete and total farce. Not to mention, the way some of the drivers were driving out there makes you wonder why they're in this series to begin with. I honestly believe ARLA majorly dropped the ball on this occasion. I actually glad I didn't run this race.

Rachel Rainsford made it through the race, as one of 8 drivers who finished the race. She skyrockets up to 48th in points, gaining 18 spots in the standings. Wodarczyk remains 21st, and Lightener only drops three spots to 43rd.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:21 pm

HALF AND HALF FOR GRI AT TEXAS

It a partially good and bad day for GRI at the Houston Supercell.

The tenth round of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season, the Smash Beer 400, would have Rachel Rainsford, Todd Wodarczyk, and Isaac Lightener starting in race 1.

Lightener had a particularly scary crash 12 laps into the race. Coming off turn 4, the car got loose, and Isaac fell behind on his steering and spun out. Then, he was nailed by the #54 of Paul Lyons at full speed, which sent the #7 car for several rolls. Fortunately, the impact happened on the passenger side of the car. Isaac was a bit dazed, but was able to walk out under his own power. He would finish 39th, his first DNF in ARLA.

Then, on Lap 44, Barney Ward and Kevin Monroe would get together and carry each other into the wall, causing a massive pile-up. Wodarczyk opted to go high, but there was nowhere to go, and slammed into the back of the #41 of Greg Woodard. Wodarczyk would drop out in 33rd.

Rainsford also got some damage, but was still fast, and managed to stay out of trouble the rest of the way. She finished 6th, bettering her 7th place result from Mini Indy.

In race 2, Eric Jackson was involved in a small pile-up midway through the race, but was able to keep going and salvaged a 14th place finish out of the day.

Jackson would drop one spot to 8th in points. Wodarczyk fell ten spots to 31st, while Rainsford jumps up to 40th from 48th. Lightener drops to 51st from 43rd, but he'll be glad to know that the next race is a short track: Buffalo Downs.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:59 pm

GRI ONLY 1/4 GOOD AT BUFFALO DOWNS

Gravity Racing, Inc. has hit a bit of a slump when it comes to their male drivers, but the female driver, Rachel Rainsford, has suddenly hit her stride.

In race 1, she started 27th, but proved she had one of the fastest cars in the race. She would score her career best 4th place finish, her third straight top 10 after having none before Mini-Indy.

Eric Jackson got a lap down early, and was involved in a three-wide scrum in turn 4 on Lap 40. He finished 5 laps down in 30th, but still scored points. He remains in the top ten in points, in 8th.

Todd Wodarczyk and Isaac Lightener both crashed out of race 2. After starting second and dropping back, Lightener was on his way back to the front, but spun while trying to pass Leigh Gruell for second. Then, on Lap 29, he tried to go four wide and turned Ryon Reffet into the inside wall, which got himself collected as well, and both cars hit the turn 1 tires hard. Lightener would finish 40th.

ISAAC: I pushed the issue too hard. I tried to go four wide because I thought I could make it work, as wide as the track was, but I pushed into Reffet, and took us and the 999 out. My mistake. It was a noob thing to do, and I apologize to both Reffet and Barton.

While taking the caution on Lap 60, Wodarczyk pushed up the track into two cars on his outside, and the #71 was sent spinning. He was then hit by the Team M-Pire car, taking Wodarczyk out of the race. He would finish 28th.

Jackson remains 8th in the standings, while Wodarczyk and Lightener have fallen to 38th and 58th, respectively. Rainsford has skyrocketed up to 31st with her three straight top tens.

---------------------------------------------------------

PACKER OPEN TO ALL OPTIONS FOR 2013

The first half of 2012 has been a struggle to say the least for Volpi driver Packer Carroll, and now, unless he, at the very least, gets a win this season, which would be his maiden win, he might not be resigned with Volpi, and that has Packer assessing his options.

PACKER: I would love to stay with Volpi. The alliance between out teams has been very beneficial for both of us, and I would hate to see it end this way, but if push comes to shove, then I guess I'll be shopping around for a new ride, but I'm also open to the idea of Gravity Racing, Inc. making the jump to the Cup series, as crazy as it sounds, because I know that were gonna need some heavy backing for that to happen. I'll even consider joining forces with a Cup team to make it possible.

If my team can't go full-time, we'll try to at least get an Independents Trophy bid, which we've been lobbying to get for the past few years. If all else fails... then I guess I'll drop back down to TM Lights or ARLA.

------------------------------------------------------

GRI SCALING BACK TO THREE CARS, HAS A TOUGH DECISION TO MAKE

At the end of 2012, Gravity Racing, Inc. plans on selling one of its race teams, that being the #171 team, and for all intents and purposes, it looked like Rachel Rainsford was gonna be left without a ride.

But now, with the male drivers struggling a bit, and Rainsford reeling off three straight top 10s after having none before Mini-Indy, including a career best 4th place finish, she has put herself right back into contention for one of the GRI seats for 2013.

It has been confirmed that Isaac Lightener will return to the #7 car for next season, but Sub-Zero Energy will not return next season. However, Dublin Downs, which sponsors the 171 driven by Rainsford, has stated that they would like to move over to sponsor the #7 machine in 2013.

ZombieBusters.com will return to the #3 next year, due to Eric Jackson running in the top 10 points at the moment. Speaking of Jackson, it is unknown what his plans are for 2013, and GRI has stated that they would like to resign Jackson to the #3 car for 2013 if he is not given a Cup offer.

As for the flagship car of GRI, there have been rumors that Todd Wodarczyk might be in line for a TM Master Cup Series ride after scoring three victories in the ARLA Elite Series for GRI. The team has stated that they are considering resigning Wodarczyk, but if he gets an offer from a Cup team, they will not stop him from joining if that is his desire. Speaking of the #71, it's once again contract year for sponsor Grape Soup, and it is currently unknown if they will return as sponsor of the #71 team, which they have been since the 2009 season.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 pm

PACKER LOSES YET ANOTHER TOP 5 RUN AFTER A SECOND STRAIGHT BLOWN ENGINE, CREW CHIEF McCLOUD VOCAL ABOUT VOLPI EQUIPMENT

The tenth round of the 2012 TM Master Cup Series season, the Round of Michigan, which has been boycotted by teams in the MCMA, saw Volpi driver Packer Carroll qualify in the fourth position, with his teammate, Divina Henton, on the pole. It didn't take long for Packer to get around Kraig Mummert, who started on his inside, and moved up to third, where he stayed for the next 60 laps. Then, when Henton and outside polesitter Arto Kekkonen made their way to pit road, Packer stayed out to stretch his fuel mileage, which would've been a plus later on. He led just his second lap of his career, but as he was coming to the line, the engine expired on him, and for the second race in a row, a top 5 run and a possible shot at the podium went down the drain due to engine failure.

Packer didn't say anything to reporters, as he simply climbed out of his car and walked back to the hauler. Crew chief Rush McCloud, however, had some scathing words about the equipment his team is using.

RUSH: You know, it's kind of ridiculous that Cyril Volpi has basically told us to win or lose your ride. Well, it doesn't help when the equipment he provides us with KEEPS FAILING ON US. This is back to back races where we've had a shot at the podium, and we've lost them both times because the engines aren't reliable. Maybe Volpi should have a talk with his engineers about improving the engine's reliability instead of questioning Packer's driving ability.

Packer finished 21st, one of only two drivers to not score points.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 pm

REGINA SCORES A TOP 5 AT MOSPORT

After surviving the chaos that was the Canadian Grand Prix, the fifth round of the 2012 Formula Overdrive season, Regina McCloud scored her second top 5 of the season when she finished in 5th. She is now 15th in the points standings at the halfway point of the season.

--------------------------------------------------------------

DAVID STOYANOFF REPLACES McCLOUD AS PACKER'S CREW CHIEF, McCLOUD VOCAL ABOUT THE DECISION

In an apparent effort to breathe some life into Packer Carroll's bid for Rookie of the Year, Cyril Volpi has replaced Packer's long time crew chief Rush McCloud with David Stoyanoff, who has been a part of the Volpi Racing Team since 2007. However, McCloud made it clear that he was not happy with the decision.

RUSH: If Volpi had even bothered to check what's happened this year, he'd know that we've actually been running really good this year, but we've just had horrible luck. The last two weeks are certainly indicative of that. But I think he was just mad because I spoke my mind about the Volpi engine's reliability problems. Well, it's the truth, because Divina's had her fair share of mechanical problems as well. You know, I once thought that this deal with Volpi was a big deal for the both of our teams, but now, I'm not so sure anymore. Not after this decision.

Packer had a more abbreviated response to the situation.

PACKER: I'll be honest. I'm not happy with this decision, because Rush has been my crew chief since I first started racing, and I've never worked with David Stoyanoff before. But I guess we'll give it a shot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

TRAGEDY STRIKES THE GRI FAMILY

The talk around the GRI headquarters was about the decision Volpi made to switch crew chiefs on Packer Carroll's team, and both Packer and Rush McCloud were certainly not happy about it. But one day after the decision was announced, it was all rendered meaningless.

Rush McCloud spoke to reporters in an emergency press conference.

RUSH: We at Gravity Racing, Inc. are sad to announce that Packer's mother has passed away after an extended illness. Um... this has certainly been a tough year for all of us, especially Packer, and it's especially tough with the Round of Ohio just around the corner. Packer will be able to race at Quebec, but... it's gonna be with a heavy heart. Our thoughts and prayers are with Packer's family right now. Crying or Very sad

(OOC: No, this has not happened in real life. This is just to spice up the adversity my namesake character is facing, especially with Ohio just around the corner.)
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:11 pm

RAINSFORD AND JACKSON NOTCH GOOD FINISHES, LIGHTENER AND WODARCZYK TAKEN OUT YET AGAIN

It was just a short time ago that Gravity Racing, Inc. driver Rachel Rainsford seemed to be on the verge of losing her ride. After all, she had DNFed in 4 of the first 7 events, and hadn't scored a top 10 finish. Then, she was one of 8 cars to finish the Mini-Indy 500, and since then, she has been a contender every week, notching 4 consecutive top 10 finishes, including a top 5 at Buffalo Downs. Her fourth top 10 came at Albuquerque, where she finished 9th despite starting in 30th in race 1. She has skyrocketed all the way up to 24th in points.

Eric Jackson also had a good day despite being spun out early in race 2. With attrition taking its toll, Jackson was one of four cars left on the lead lap at the end of the race, and scored his first top 5 of the season by finishing in 4th. With Quiggles failing to finish, Jackson cut a substantial amount off of the deficit to Quiggles, and climbs to 4th in the points, the highest a GRI car has been in the points standings since team owner Packer Carroll finished 4th in the points in 2010.

Todd Wodarczyk and Isaac Lightener weren't as lucky. Wodarczyk, who was actually leading race 2 at one point, was taken out by Gary DeSouza midway through the race. Wodarczyk finished 35th, his fifth DNF of the season, and he clearly wasn't happy, as he and DeSouza got into a fistfight in the garage area after the race.

Lightener had started 2nd for the second consecutive event, and was running in the top 5 until he barely clipped the #71 when Wodarczyk was spun by DeSouza. On a later restart, Lightener was bumped by Ashley Tucker, and was merging back up in line, and got hooked by Tucker and into the outside wall, doing several flips. Lightener was able to climb out under his own power, but would finish 20th, his third straight DNF.

ISAAC: I don't know what happened. I think I was bumped from behind, because the car got way out of shape in turn 2, and I got it under control and tried to merge back into the racing line, and I thought I was clear. Oh, well. We'll try to get a better result at California.

Wodarczyk drops to 46th in points, and Lightener drops to 64th.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 pm

PACKER PAYS TRIBUTE TO LATE MOTHER BY SCORING HIS MAIDEN TMMC VICTORY AT QUEBEC

A little less than a week after his mother's passing, Volpi Racing Team driver Packer Carroll had to focus his efforts on the next race, the 2012 Round of Quebec, the 11th race of the 2012 TM Master Cup Series season, which took place at Road Gatineau, a 4.8 mile long road course, the longest track the TMMC has ever competed at. Packer was 2nd fastest in practice and qualified in the 2nd position, both times behind Mathias Taube. As the race began, Packer slotted in behind Taube, keeping pace with the Swedish driver. But a scary moment for Packer came on Lap 3. Coming into the double-S combination, the car got way loose, and Packer had to go through the grass and sand trap to keep the car under control. Rush McCloud, who was moved from the crew chief position to the spotter position, guided Packer back to the track. He had lost 2nd to Melanie Clevenot, and was also challenged by Adrien Devereux for 3rd. Packer tried to hold Devereux off, but eventually had to concede the 3rd position, choosing instead to not push the pace. As it turned out, it was not a bad move.

Devereux had moved up to 2nd, and was making a move on Taube for the lead when he hooked the #10 Gessler coming out of turn 1. Taube hit the inside wall hard, damaging the suspension and taking him out of the race. Devereux was slapped with a 30-second Active Time Penalty, which put Clevenot in the lead, but Packer was right behind her, and coming into the same double-S he went off at, he made his move around Clevenot, and Packer was now the leader, and he was coming in that lap. As it turned out, so did Clevenot and Arto Kekkonen, who was closing on Packer and Clevenot while the two were battling for the lead. All three maintained their spots in the top 3, and Devereux was also trying to get around Packer to try to negate his ATP. Packer, knowing full well what could happen if Devereux gets out in clean air, tried to keep the #1 CM Corsair behind him. In the meantime, Kekkonen managed to pass Clevenot for 2nd, and while Packer was focused on Devereux, Kekkonen would try to take the lead from Packer in the double-S. The two would trade sheet metal as they fought for the point, much to the delight of the Quebec crowd. Packer would concede the lead to Kekkonen for the time being. Once again, it would prove to be a wise decision.

Not long after, as the second round of pit stops approached, Packer noticed smoke coming from a car in front of him. It turned out to be Kekkonen, as his engine had expired while leading the race, similar to what happened to Packer the previous two races. Not long after, on the same lap, Clevenot's engine expired in the double-S, and all of a sudden, Packer's two main competitors were out of the race, and there was nobody within striking distance of the #2 MaiaSoft Volpi. It was now Packer's race to lose, but he also had to be worried about his engine. His teammate, Divina Henton, fell out of the race early due to engine problems, so there was reason to be worried.

However, the engine proved to be reliable on this day, and the #2 crew was putting out fast pit stops. As the race entered its closing stages, it appeared that the only one who could possibly challenge Packer for the win was Chris Johaanes, who despite being involved in a Lap 1 spin, as well as multiple incidents during the race, was up to 2nd and was the fastest car on the track. But he was unable to catch Packer, who cruised to the checkered flag, finally scoring his maiden TM Master Cup Series victory, and in doing so, becomes just the 10th driver in history to win an ARLA Elite Series race and a TM Master Cup Series race in their career. He also led the most laps for the first time in his Cup career.

As Packer stopped on the frontstretch and prepared to perform his patented Bronco Buster Burnout, the Quebec crowd was going nuts. They certainly would've loved to see one of their Canadian heroes like Marcos Leonard or Zach Duff win, but the fans were well aware of what Packer had gone through in the past week or so, and let their cheers be heard as Packer performed the Bronco Buster down the frontstretch.

The victory lane celebration was equally as emotional, as Packer got the Gatorade bath while he saluted the fans. Rush joined him in victory lane, and for the first time in what seemed like months, Packer was smiling as reporters interviewed him.

REPORTER: Packer, congratulations, and welcome to victory lane. After everything you've gone through in the past week or so, how much does this win mean to you?

PACKER: It means a lot. We've been so close so many times this year, only to get caught up in a wreck or have a mechanical problem, but today, we were spot on, although I had that one scary moment early in the race, but other than that, it was very clean. I had a lot of fun battling with Arto for the lead, and when he got it, I was gonna ease up a bit and let the race come to me, and then both Arto and Melanie both go out in the same lap, and the race was pretty much mine to lose, so I made sure to keep that car on the track, and here we are... finally.

REPORTER: It must've been difficult to focus on this race after your mother's passing. But you managed to fight through all of that and win this race pretty convincingly.

PACKER: Yeah, my mother would be proud of me, and I actually think she was watching over me on this day. I dedicate this win to her memory.

With his win, Packer vaults from 27th to 14th in the points standings, and now leads the Rookie of the Year battle by 47 points over Kevin Dwyer, heading into his home race... Ohio.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 am

RAINSFORD JUST MISSES FIRST CAREER WIN, LIGHTENER & JACKSON NOTCH SOLID FINISHES, WODARCZYK DNFs ONCE AGAIN

Rachel Rainsford's stock has risen dramatically, especially after a stellar performance in the Karl's 250 at the California Speedway, the 13th race of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season.

She battled with two ARLA champions at the end of race 1, 2011 champion Kevin Monroe, and 2010 champion Bobby Porteau, for the lead. She was able to snag 2nd from Porteau, but ran out of time to catch Monroe. Still, it was her best career finish, and she jumps into the top 20 for the first time, in 18th.

Eric Jackson and Isaac Lightener both had solid runs, finishing 12th, one lap down, in their respective races. Jackson closes even more on Quiggles, now just over 150 points back in 4th. Lightener finally breaks his string of DNFs and moves up to 56th in points.

Todd Wodarczyk was not so lucky. He was involved in a big crash midway through race 2, and he finished 36th, his fourth consecutive DNF. He dropped to 50th in the points standings heading into the Japanese Tour.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:29 pm

PACKER'S OHIO HOMECOMING A SUCCESS

Coming off his emotional first career win at Quebec a few weeks ago, Volpi Racing Team driver Packer Carroll returned home to Ohio to a hero's welcome, and when he was introduced at the Round of Ohio, he easily got the loudest ovation of all the drivers. It must be nice living just five minutes from the Ohio Motor Speedway, which hosted the Round of Ohio for the second straight year.

Packer's Ohio homecoming was certainly a lot better than last year. For the second consecutive race, Packer was starting on the outside of the front row, once again just missing the pole. On the start, he would fall back to 8th, but got back in line and began working his way back to the front. At the halfway point, Packer found himself in the lead thanks to stellar pit strategy and fast pit work from the #2 team. When Packer took the lead, the roar of the crowd was deafening. However, he was eventually passed by Jose Luis Martinez, and being stuck in the outside lane, would fall back to around 7th, which was where he would finish, his third top ten of the season. He led a season-high 25 laps in the race.

PACKER: Well, I think we had a better car than 7th, but after the crap we went through last year, I'll take it. Plus, getting to lead a Master Cup Series race in front of my home crowd, that was a thrill. Hopefully next year, we'll be talking in victory lane.

Packer moved up one spot to 13th in the points standings, and with Kevin Dwyer not scoring points for the fourth straight race, Packer now leads the Rookie of the Year battle by 75 points over Dwyer.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

BACK-TO-BACK POOR FINISHES AT DARLINGTON & MICHIGAN FOR GOTT, GETS TOP TEN AT OHIO

It's been a busy up and down couple of weeks for GRI TM Lights driver Zach Gott.

At Darlington, Round 8 of the 2012 season, he suffered a flat tire late in the race and finished 2 laps down in 31st. At Michigan for Round 9, he qualified 5th, but was involved in an accident with 33 laps to go and finished 27th.

Round 10 at Ohio, his second home race, saw him finish 4 laps down to race winner Troy Adams, but he still finished 7th, his fourth top ten of 2012.

He is now 18th in the points standings, 138 points out of the lead. With 7 races to go, Zach's championship hopes are fading quickly.

GRAVITY RACING, INC. LOOKING TO FIELD A DASH CUP ENTRY FOR GERMAN PROSPECT

In a press conference held on Monday, Gravity Racing, Inc. has announced that they were looking at entering a team into the 2013 Dash Cup season, with German sports car driver Erik Draachreider behind the wheel. Draachreider, a two-time champion of the World Driver Championship and the current points leader in that series, qualified for the 2012 Spa Grand Prix, driving the #71 NOS Energy Speidel for GRI.

The team is looking to enter Dash Cup next year with the same number, sponsor, and driver.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm

RAINSFORD CONTINUES HOT STREAK, JACKSON AND LIGHTENER NOTCH TOP 20 FINISHES, WODARCZYK DNFs FOR THE FIFTH CONSECUTIVE RACE, GRI FILES AN APPEAL ON JACKSON POINTS PENALTY

It was the first time since 2009 that the ARLA Elite Series traveled overseas, and the first time since 2008 that they would return to Twin Ring Motegi in Motegi, Japan, site of the 14th round of the 2012 season, the Sarabai 300.

Gravity Racing, Inc. had a pretty good race 1. Rachel Rainsford in the #171 Dublin Downs Kivett continued her string of top ten finishes since IRP, notching her sixth consecutive top ten and her third top 5 when she finished in 4th. She has now moved up to 14th in the standings, and with her recent runs, a win has to be around the corner for Rainsford.

The #7 of Isaac Lightener didn't have a stellar day, finishing 2 laps down, but salvaged a respectable 18th place finish on a track he had never raced on before. He is currently 51st in points.

The controversy for the team was with the #3 of Eric Jackson. He finished 16th despite being caught up in an early wreck, but was penalized 25 points for apparently spinning the #39 of Nami Mura while coming back to the caution on Lap 54. However, it appeared from the camera angle that Mura had actually come down on Jackson, due to the fact that she was trying to pass a car ahead of her in the outside lane. As a result, GRI has filed a formal inquiry into the situation, contesting that Jackson had held his line and that the #39 of Mura had come down on the #3, not the other way around. ARLA is currently looking into GRI's appeal. Even with the penalty, Jackson is 5th in the points standings.

In race 2, things seem to be getting worse for Todd Wodarczyk. He was taken out about halfway into the race in a multi-car pile-up on the frontstretch. He finished 33rd, his fifth straight DNF, and with GRI downsizing to two full-time cars and a possible part-time entry, it's not looking good for Wodarczyk to retain his ride with the team. He is currently 54th in points.

In other news, after some deliberation between Isaac and team owner Packer Carroll before the team made its trip to Japan, they decided that Isaac would go into a reserve driver role for next season, while dropping down to race in an Ohio Valley based late model series, so that when he comes back up to ARLA, he'll be ready. As it stands, it appears that Jackson and Rainsford may be the two primary drivers for GRI in 2013, although it has not yet been made official by the team.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:26 pm

FAIRLY QUIET DAY FOR GRI AT SAITAMA, ALL FOUR CARS FINISH IN THE TOP 20, WHILE RAINSFORD CONTINUES HOT STREAK

The Saitama 200, the second race in the Japanese tour and the 15th round of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season, was a pretty quiet but clean day for Gravity Racing, Inc., as all four cars finished in the top 20 with virtually no marks on their cars.

Rachel Rainsford, once again, was the class of the GRI armada, notching her seventh consecutive top ten finish, with a 6th place run in Race 1. After starting the season with 4 DNFs in the first 7 races that were completed and languishing down in the low 60s in the points standings, she has not finished out of the top ten since Mosport, and she is on the verge of cracking the top ten in points, tied for 11th with Tiffany Matthews.

After seeing Rainsford bring the #171 Dublin Downs Casino and Resort Kivett home to another top ten finish, GRI team owner Packer Carroll had this to say.

PACKER: She's definitely been on fire since IRP, and that kind of performance deserves a contract extension. If she wants to resign with my team, I am more than happy to bring her back for 2013.

The driver that might get the other full-time ride for next season, Eric Jackson, had a solid, quiet, clean day, finishing 15th in race 1. He moves up to 4th in the points standings. Isaac Lightener finished in 19th, and is 50th in the points.

And for the first time since Mosport, Todd Wodarczyk makes it to the checkered flag, staying out of trouble in race 2 and finishing a respectable 15th, but he is still last among the GRI armada in the points standings despite having the team's only win of 2012, currently 53rd in points.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 pm

GOTT WITH A WILD DAY AT QUINCY, SALVAGES A TOP TEN

It was a wild race from the get-go. The 2012 TM Lights Round of Quincy at the infamous Grand Detour of Southern Illinois was about one thing: survival.

Gravity Racing, Inc. driver Zach Gott has certainly learned the meaning of that word the last few races. He finished 4 laps down at Ohio but finished in 7th. He led three laps at Quincy, the first laps of his career in the TM Lights, but late in the race, he found himself in a very hairy 5-wide situation off of turn 2. He received some damage in the wreck that ensued. He was involved in two more wrecks not of his own doing, and finished 3 laps down, but still salvaged a respectable 10th place finish, his fifth top 10 of the season.

He is currently 15th in the 2012 TM Lights points standings.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:51 pm

HIGH REPAIR BILL FOR GRI AT TOKYO, ALL FOUR CARS STILL MANAGE TO FINISH

It was a very chaotic first race at the Nemoto Tokyo 120K's at Tokyo Motorsports Stadium, and with all four GRI cars in race 1, it was gonna be a very expensive afternoon.

On the first lap, there was a massive traffic jam in turn 1, and Wodarczyk suffered damage to the front on the #71, the first of many incidents he would be involved in, but despite his car's demolition derby appearance, managed to salvage 18th.

Then, further down the track, Rachel Rainsford was turned into the wall, effectively ending her string of top 10 finishes, but recovered to finish 19th, moving her into the top ten in points for the first time in her career, in 9th, giving GRI two cars in the top ten in points.

Late in the race, Eric Jackson was turned into the wall by Kalvin Oreiller, and the car had significant engine damage as a result, but managed to limp the car across the line to take the checkered flag, finishing 24th and maintaining his top 5 points position.

Isaac Lightener was the only GRI driver to not be involved in an incident, and finished a very quiet 17th. He moved up to 45th in the points standings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PACKER EARNS SECOND CAREER PODIUM AT THE DEATH BOWL

Volpi Racing Team driver Packer Carroll seems to have found his groove in the second half of the 2012 TM Master Cup Series season, and it continued with a third straight top ten finish and his second career podium when he finished third at the Round of Quincy, held at the infamous Grand Detour of Southern Illinois.

His effort wasn't totally clean, however. On the fourth caution, Michael Sykes was spun down the backstretch, right behind Packer. As they were coming back to take the caution, it appeared that Packer had spun the #11 of Ryan Matthews, taking himself, Matthews, and the #72 of Kevin Dwyer into the wall. Dwyer responded by shaking his fist at his archrival, to which Packer responded with a "come get some" gesture.

However, from an aerial shot, it actually appeared that Matthews had gotten into the back of Kurt Plissken, which caused the #16 to swerve down the track, which in turn pushed Matthews down the track, across the front bumper of Packer's car, and that was what caused the wreck. Still, Packer was apologetic to Matthews after the race.

PACKER: I didn't mean to wreck Ryan like that. I mean, I wouldn't go wrecking one of my best friends like that. But it looked like a chain reaction deal, so... but at least our cars weren't hurt that bad, and in fact, Ryan said that it actually made his car better, and it showed late in the race.

Packer dodged a huge bullet just a short time later when coming into turn three and four, he found himself three-wide again with Matthews and Dwyer. Not wanting history to repeat itself, he backed off the throttle, which turned out to be a race saving move. Up ahead, Chris Johaanes had to check up coming off of four, and when he tried to merge back in line, came across the bumper of Ryan Matthews, which made him slide down the frontstretch. He came back up the track in turn 1, and Packer just barely managed to squeak by as the #64 slammed into the side of Louis Kingston. Kingston was taken out of the race.

For much of the rest of the race, Packer remained in a podium position, trailing the orange #4 of Leonid Roderick for much of the second half of the race. On a final restart with two laps to go, Packer was in second behind Roderick. In turn 1, Luciano Soveral managed to pass the #2 Volpi and then got by Roderick to take the lead coming to the white flag. Roderick tried a last ditch effort coming off of turn 4 to the checkered flag but just fell short. Packer had a front row seat to the whole battle as he snatches his second career podium, finishing in third.

PACKER: Whew. That was the most adrenaline filled race I think I've ever been involved in. I don't know what it is, but no matter what I'm in, I seem to be able to do well here at Grand Detour, and today proved that once again. I've got another trophy to put on the mantle, and that's always a good day. Very Happy

When asked about Dwyer's reaction after the turn 4 incident, Packer just shrugged.

PACKER: I don't really think he's in a position to be complaining about what I supposedly did, because he caused three or four incidents during the race, including one in the pitlane, while the turn 4 deal was the only one I was involved in, so you be the judge.

With his second podium, Packer cracks the top 10 in points for the first time in his career, currently 8th. He has a massive 120 point advantage over Kevin Dwyer in the fight for Rookie of the Year with 7 races to go, and the next event is another good track for Packer: Road America.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 pm

MEDIOCRE DAY FOR GRI AT IOWA

With the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season closing in on the finale at Rockford, Gravity Racing, Inc. is looking to build momentum heading into 2013. Unfortunately, it wouldn't start at Iowa.

The Mr. Cobb's 200 @ Iowa Speedway was mediocre at best for the GRI armada. Short track ace Isaac Lightener was the highest finishing GRI driver, but it wasn't saying much when finished 15th, 1 lap down. He does move back into the top 40 in points, currently 40th. It has been confirmed that Isaac will be moved back into a reserve driver role in ARLA in 2013, while at the same time, he will run a full season in the Ohio Valley Late Model Series to get him prepped for a return to full-time ARLA competition in 2014.

Rachel Rainsford suffered her first DNF since Mosport when she went out of race 1 on Lap 30 due to an ignition failure. She finished 40th and dropped to 13th in the points standings.

Todd Wodarczyk was involved in an accident, but managed to finish the race in 24th. He is currently 50th in the points.

Eric Jackson certainly seems to have the never say die mentality that his team owner has. Despite being involved in two wrecks, and despite his car's demolition derby appearance, as it looked like he had just the rollcage left on his car, Jackson still managed a respectable 17th place finish, albeit 3 laps down. He maintains a 5th place position in the points standings.

GRI STAYING WITH KIVETT, BRINGING THEIR OWN ENGINE PACKAGE, MAY PUT TWO DRIVERS IN 7 CAR FOR A SHARED CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

The one deal with Gravity Racing, Inc. that was set in stone was that Rachel Rainsford was returning to the team and will drive the team's flagship #71 car. Now, some more details about 2013 have emerged from the woodwork.

Team owner Packer Carroll has confirmed that GRI will remain with Kivett, using their bodykit and chassis. One major change the team is making is that they will be using in-house engines. For the past few years, GRI has been developing their own manufacturer, called the JLC Hailstorm. The name JLC uses the initials of Packer's real name, and the Hailstorm is their first model. Reportedly, the chassis is still in development and will probably not be ready until mid-2013 at the earliest, 2014 at the latest. However, they've tested their engine package at Columbus Motor Speedway and Ohio Motor Speedway on several occasions, all achieving considerable success. The first real test for the Hailstorm engine could come at the Rockford 200 in a couple of months.

Also, the team is considering a shared championship run in 2013 for the #7 team. GRI is considering retaining Eric Jackson due to his top 5 points run this season, but it is unknown right now who could be the second driver for the 7 team, although there are rumors that the team might use their German WDC driver, Erik Draachreider, for the road course events depending on his availability, but nothing about the 7 car has been set in stone yet.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 pm

LIGHTENER EARNS 2ND CAREER POLE AND THIRD TOP 10, WODARCZYK FINALLY GETS BACK TO THE TOP 10, RAINSFORD JUST MISSES VICTORY AGAIN, JACKSON FALLS OUT EARLY @ MEMPHIS

The B.B. Wolf's House Special @ Memphis Motorsports Park, Round 18 of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season, was one of Gravity Racing, Inc.'s best performances since Four Corners.

In race 1, Isaac Lightener scored his second career pole, but the handling of the car was not to Isaac's liking. Still, he managed to score his first top ten finish since Mosport and third of the season when he finished 10th. He remains 40th in the points standings.

Eric Jackson was not so lucky. He was caught up in an accident on Lap 41 and would fall out early in 35th. He fell to 7th in the points standings.

In race 2, Todd Wodarczyk finally had a showing where he wasn't involved in an incident, and came home with a 6th place finish. He moved up to 43rd in the points.

But it was once again Rachel Rainsford who proved to be the top dog at GRI. She started 19th, but powered her way up to 2nd. But she was unable to catch the 98 of Kurt Walker, and she would have to settle for 2nd once again, her 4th top 5 and 8th top 10 of the season. But she only moves up to 12th in the standings with 4 races to go in the season.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm

PACKER NOTCHES FOURTH CONSECUTIVE TOP TEN @ ROAD AMERICA DESPITE GRID PENALTY

After being sent to the rear of the field for the Round of Wisconsin, the 14th race of the 2012 TM Master Cup Series season at Road America, Volpi driver Packer Carroll was a little leery, knowing what kind of shenanigans can happen in the back of the field on this 4.048 mile road course.

But Packer played a conservative, patient strategy, and with a little bit of attrition at the end of the race, he managed to sneak into his fourth consecutive top ten finish and fifth of the season when he came home in 8th place, pretty impressive considering he started 34th.

When he climbed from his car after the race, he immediately grabbed a bottle of Gatorade from one of his crew members. He looked a little exhausted and sweat covered his face.

PACKER: Whew. That was a tough race. It didn't help that it was pretty warm today, but I'd say considering the circumstances, I'd say we did a stellar job today. I'll take a top 10 anytime after a tough day like this. I was also able to run a clean race despite starting in the back, which is pretty good.

Packer drops one spot to 9th in the standings, but more important is that despite the fact that Kevin Dwyer scored points for the first time since Russia, Packer still finished ahead of his Rookie of the Year rival when Dwyer finished 11th compared to Packer's 8th. Packer now has a 128 point advantage over Dwyer in the battle for Rookie of the Year heading into the other double points event of the season: Indianapolis.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 pm

GOTT MATCHES CAREER BEST TM LIGHTS FINISH WITH A 5TH AT ROAD AMERICA

Round 12 of the 2012 TM Lights season was at Road America, a type of track that GRI driver Zach Gott said he wasn't very good at. He may have to change his opinion about himself.

Zach has scored a pair of top 5 finishes in the TM Lights this season, and both came on road courses. The previous top 5 was a fifth at Portland, and at Road America, Gott took advantage of a great qualifying spot, and stayed out of the carnage that was happening at the back of the field. He ran a clean, consistent race, and was rewarded with another 5th place finish, which was also his third consecutive top ten and sixth of the season. He finally cracks the top ten in points for the first time, currently 10th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOTT TO POSSIBLY TEAM UP WITH JACKSON FOR A SHARED ARLA CHAMPIONSHIP RUN IN 2013

After ARLA announced that teams can use two drivers in a shared championship run, GRI has been evaluating their options, knowing they were scaling back to just two full-time cars in 2013. With Rachel Rainsford confirmed to take over the #71 car, that left the #7 in doubt. Now, there are rumors that Eric Jackson could return to the team in 2013, but could be sharing the car with GRI's TM Lights driver, Zach Gott. Gott, who is having a good rookie season in the TM Lights so far, has said that he would move to the ARLA Elite Series next year to make room in the TM Lights car for GRI's European prospect, German sports car driver Erik Draachreider, who qualified for the Dash Cup Spa GP this year, and is attempting to qualify for the TM Master Cup Series Round of Indianapolis in GRI's #48 entry, which is being sponsored by Draachreider's personal sponsor, NOS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRI TO MOVE MODIFIED TEAM TO FARCE IN 2013

After some consideration, GRI has decided to terminate their CRL Modified operations for the 2012 season, as they are making preparations to move to the FARCE Modified Series in 2013. One of the drivers who has been rumored to drive for GRI in FARCE is Isaac Lightener, who is currently competing in the ARLA Elite Series in 2012, but will move down to regional late model racing for the 2013 season. This means that Lightener could be pulling double duty next season, in modifieds and late models.

As for the drivers who were competing in the CRL Modified Series for the 2012 season, Amanda Johnson released a statement, saying that she wasn't really interested in being a race car driver, and that she would be moving on to other things. As for Rush McCloud, Packer Carroll's spotter in the TM Master Cup Series, there is a possibility that he could join his wife Regina as her teammate in Formula Overdrive next season.

Nothing has been confirmed at this moment.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:53 pm

CHANGE OF PLANS FOR DRAACHREIDER AND GOTT

Originally, Gravity Racing, Inc. was planning on putting Erik Draachreider in the #71 car for the 2013 TM Lights season, but after learning that their 2013 Dash Cup entry had been approved, GRI has decided to put Draachreider in the Dash Cup car for 2013.

Due to this turn of events, GRI's TM Lights driver Zach Gott, who had originally been planning to move to GRI's ARLA team to run a shared championship with Eric Jackson to make room for Draachreider, may now be pulling double-duty next year, driving part-time in ARLA and full-time in the TM Lights.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 am

PACKER ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FRONT ROW FOR INDY

For the first time, Volpi driver Packer Carroll will be bypassing the qualifying rounds and will be racing in the 2012 Round of Indianapolis by posting one of the top 5 times in pole qualifying.

Packer set the top time in Session 1, with a blistering time of 44.688. The only time that was faster than that was set in Session 2, when Arto Kekkonen set the pole time with a 44.606.

Even so, Packer was thrilled.

PACKER: YES! For the first time in a long time, we can relax and watch the Q-Races rather than tear our equipment up in them trying to make the race. Congrats to Arto on winning the pole. Personally, I think we have a shot to win this thing. We'll just have to wait and see on Sunday.

Packer's one-off driver, Erik Draachreider, failed to make it into the race via time trials, and if he's gonna make his TM Master Cup Series debut, he's gonna have to make it through the Pre-Q and Qualifying races.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

GRI NOTCHES A PAIR OF TOP TENS AT ORANGE COUNTY, MOURNS THE LOSS OF SCOTT MORALES

It was a bittersweet day for Gravity Racing, Inc. at Orange County. The 19th round of the 2012 ARLA Elite Series season saw Isaac Lightener score his career best finish, 3rd, and Rachel Rainsford her 9th top ten finish of the season, moving her up to 9th in the championship standings. Wodarczyk and Jackson were taken out in accidents in their respective races. Wodarczyk falls to 48th, and Jackson falls out of the top 10 in points for the first time since the beginning of the season, now in 12th.

But all that was not on the mind of GRI or anyone else that night. In race 1, Groves Racing driver Scott Morales crashed head-on into the turn 4 pit wall, the impact made even worse by the fact that the 07 of Bill Tissom pushed him into the pit wall. The accident started when the 78 appeared to get tight in turn 3, and Morales slid up into the 26 of Carlo de Pretto. The car got loose, and the 78 swerved back down the track, right into the path of Tissom, who had nowhere to go.

It wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that the announcement came: Scott Morales had died from his injuries sustained in the crash. A basilar skull fracture was the confirmed cause of death. Morales' passing sent shockwaves throughout the entire garage, and it was certainly felt at GRI.

ISAAC LIGHTENER: It's a sad day for everyone in the racing community. I had a career day today, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Scott was a hell of a driver, and he will be sorely missed.

Packer also had some thoughts to convey on the whole situation.

PACKER: It's tough, because we all know the risks when we strap into one of these cars, that we might not come back. But that doesn't make it any easier when a driver does lose their life. But Scott died doing what he loved to do, and all our thoughts and prayers are with Scott and his entire family. May he rest in piece. Forever a champion, never forgotten.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 pm

REGINA TURNS IN A FLAG-TO-FLAG PERFORMANCE FOR HER FIRST FORMULA OVERDRIVE VICTORY

Before the 11th round of the 2012 Formula Overdrive season, GRI driver Regina McCloud had never led a lap in FO competition.

She took the lead for the first time in her career and led every single lap. Not bad for a first-time race leader.

Regina started on the outside of the front row for the Watkins Glen 139 at the famous Thunder Road in upstate New York, but it didn't take long for her to make her move on polesitter Garry Carter. Making a pass similar to the one her team owner Packer Carroll pulled off in the ARLA race last year, Regina swept around the outside of Carter going into turn 1 and took the lead heading up into the esses. She was never challenged from that point forward.

There was a minor scare with a few laps remaining. Coming down the frontstretch, Regina came up on the slower car of Ethan Gilreath. Regina couldn't get by at first, but Gilreath must've noticed that the leader was right behind him, because he moved over and allowed Regina to pass heading into the esses. After that, it was clear sailing for Regina, who led all 23 laps and scored her first career victory in Formula Overdrive.

Even sweeter for Regina was the fact that her husband, Rush, was sitting on the pit box watching the race, and was the first one to greet her in victory lane. Obviously, Regina was a little emotional in her victory lane interview.

REGINA: I can't believe it! I've finally won in Formula Overdrive. It took so long, but we finally got it right today. This is, without a doubt, the greatest day of my life. And I'm so glad that Rush was here to see me win today. It really means a lot to me.

Rush was obviously proud of his wife's accomplishment.

RUSH: It's a pretty cool feeling to be standing here in victory lane right now. Of course, I've done it plenty of times with Packer, but this is the first time I've gone to victory lane when Regina won a race. I... I really don't know what to think right now. This moment is on par with my Rockford 200 win a few years ago. It's that big of a deal. Congrats to Reggie. She deserves this moment.

With her win, Regina vaults from 8th to 4th in the points standings, 31 markers behind Recindo Gonzalez. Even more important, she now leads the Road Course Championship by 4 points over Gonzalez and Kenny Morales with one road course event left.

Also, there will be a driver swap in the #3 car for the Hanmore World Championships. With Packer focusing on his potential Rookie of the Year campaign, Rush McCloud will step into the #3 Grape Soup machine, in preparation for his transition to Formula Overdrive next year.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:45 am

AVERAGE DAY AT NEW YORK FOR GRI

It was the first race since the passing of Scott Morales at Orange County, and at the New York Autoring, everybody was certainly apprehensive about racing on a superspeedway so soon after the death of a fellow competitor.

It was a fairly average day for GRI, who had two cars in each race. Surprisingly, Isaac Lightener was the highest finisher of the GRI armada, finishing in 10th, moving him up to 30th in the points standings. He is still within striking distance of the top 20.

Rachel Rainsford had a fairly uneventful day, coming home in 13th and maintaining her spot in the top 10 in points, currently in 9th.

It was a miserable day for Wodarczyk and Jackson. Jackson was involved in the first big one in race 2 that saw the 231 car go across his hood and barrel-roll in the catch fence. He finished 36th, as he continues to freefall in the points, now down to 15th after being as high as 4th earlier in the season.

In the second big one, Wodarczyk slammed into the back of the 6 of Kiriki Hetsuno, ending his day as well. He finished 23rd, his ninth DNF of the season. He drops to 55th in the points standings.

PACKER WITH A SOLID TOP 15 AT INDY, CLOSE TO LOCKING UP ROOKIE OF THE YEAR TITLE

It was a fairly eventful day for Volpi driver Packer Carroll. After qualifying on the front row, he was back and forth in the running order for the first portion of the race. Then, he found himself in the lead after the first caution. Packer's description of leading at Indy for the first time...

PACKER: Unreal. This is probably the most famous track in the world, and knowing the history and legacy of this place, to be in the lead for the first time, there's nothing like it.

Midway through the race, Packer found himself in the middle of the pack, while his rival for Rookie of the Year, Kevin Dwyer, was up front and battling for the lead. However, not long after, Packer heard these words in his ear from spotter Rush McCloud...

RUSH: 72 BLEW UP. 72 BLEW UP. DWYER IS OUT.

From that point on, Packer hooked up with Leonid Roderick in the draft, and he managed to salvage a 12th place finish. While certainly not the finish he had hoped for after starting on the front row, Packer now has a 160 point advantage over Kevin Dwyer in the Rookie of the year battle with 5 races to go. His advantage is basically over two full races ahead of Dwyer, which means that unless Packer starts having trouble and Dwyer starts winning races, it appears likely that Packer is going to take home the 2012 Rookie of the Year title. However, Packer was not willing to relax yet.

PACKER: We have a comfortable margin over Dwyer right now, but we can't rest on it. We've got to keep pressing the issue and putting the pressure on Dwyer to catch us. We'll only relax once we know that the Rookie title is secured.

If the gap remains as it is now, that could come at Round 18 @ Brazil.

As far as the championship standings are concerned, Packer moves up from 9th to 7th, which is now his highest position in the points standings he's been in his career as the series heads to Australia for the next two events.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

MEGA REPORT

PACKER SEMI-SUCCESSFUL IN AUSTRALIA

VRT driver Packer Carroll's trip to Australia for the 16th and 17th rounds of the 2012 TM Master Cup Series was a mixed result. At Calder Park Thunderdome, he was having a solid top ten run, when on the fourth caution of the race, Adrien Devereux turned the 56 of Ben Atkins, who was a lap down. Both cars went into the outside wall, and Packer had nowhere to go. He was checked into the outside wall, then was sent back across the track into Yamino Tenchi, where his car was flipped over by the Juneau. Packer was able to drive it back to the garage, but his race ended in 29th. He dropped to 8th in the points standings.

Then came the road course at Fraser Coast, where the rivalry between Packer and Saar driver Kevin Dwyer heated up again. During qualifying, Packer spun out twice, the second time when he tried to arc into one of the corners and came across Dwyer's front bumper. Because of this, Packer didn't get a good qualifying time, and started in 19th position, on a track that was considered extremely difficult to pass on. But Packer ran a solid, steady race, and was able to run the race on just one stop, while other drivers had to stop twice for fuel. He finished in 9th, one spot behind his teammate Divina Henton, his sixth top ten of the season.

When asked about the complaints leveled at him by Dwyer, Packer had this to say...

PACKER: Whatever. If he wants to play games, fine. Let him live. We're gonna focus on winning these next three races. That's where our mindset is right now.

When asked about teaming with 4-time Cup Champion Leonid Roderick at Volpi for next year, Packer said this...

PACKER: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. To be teammates with one of the best in the business, it's a big deal. He seems to be able to elevate the performance of everyone around him, including his teammates, so I think we'll be a force to be reckoned with in 2013.

Packer is currently 8th in the points standings with three races to go.

GRI IN THE MIDFIELD, BUT OUT OF TROUBLE AT TALLADEGA

The semi-final race at Talladega for the 2012 ARLA Elite Series, rescheduled from the beginning of the season due to Mark Freestone's near-fatal crash, saw GRI have some struggles in the twin 150 mile event, but all four cars manage to finish without any damage.

Eric Jackson, who's season has been on the downward spiral the last couple of months, managed to shake off the bad luck, and was the highest finishing GRI car at Talladega, finishing in 8th in race 2. Todd Wodarczyk finished 19th in the same race. Jackson climbed back up to 14th, while Wodarczyk is currently 51st.

In race 1, Rachel Rainsford, who had been the best GRI driver of the 2nd half, lost the pack early in the race and finished 1 lap down in 22nd. She is currently 10th in the points standings. Isaac Lightener finished 15th in the same race after a quiet day. He is currently 29th in the points standings.

Rainsford, Lightener, Wodarczyk, and Jackson will be joined by TM Lights driver Zach Gott and 2010 Rockford champion Rush McCloud, as the series heads to the final race of 2012, the Rockford 200.

-----------------------------------------------------

REGINA FINISHES 7TH AT MAYVILLE, IS ELIMINATED FROM SEASON TITLE HUNT, BUT CLINCHES FIRST EVER FO ROAD COURSE TITLE

For the majority of the Hanmore Formula Overdrive field, the Mayville Grand Prix, the semi-final event of the 2012 season, was another race on the road toward the championship. For GRI driver Regina McCloud, it was the most important race of her entire career.

She came into Mayville 7th in the season championship, her title hopes pretty much over. But that wasn't what was on her mind. She was the FO Road Course points leader, and with Mayville being the last race on the schedule, she had a chance to clinch Gravity Racing, Inc.'s first major open-wheel championship, but she was in a tough spot, starting 19th in the 30-lap race, while one of her main challengers, Tommi Arjanien, who was also competing for the season title, was starting on the front row. But she patiently made her way through the traffic, and after the only pitstop of the day, she was running as high as 6th. Christophe Tremblay managed to pass her in the late laps, dropping her to 7th at the finish, but despite the fact that Arjanien won the race with a last lap pass of Englishwoman Natalie Kendall, Regina's 7th place finish was enough to edge Arjanien by 4 points to become the first ever Formula Overdrive Road Course Champion.

When she got out of her car and was told that she had indeed clinched the road course title, she immediately dropped to her knees, crying tears of joy. Her husband, Rush, was on hand to watch the event, and they shared a big hug on pit road. Also on hand was team owner Packer Carroll, who was certainly glad to be on hand to watch Regina win his team's first major open-wheel title.

When she was interviewed during the trophy presentation, Regina had this to say...

REGINA: You remember at Watkins Glen when I said that winning that race was the greatest moment in my life? It just got topped. I never, ever, in my wildest imagination, expected to be a racing champion, and to become the first-ever Formula Overdrive Road Course Champion, it's just.... it has to be a dream. You know, after I failed in the ARLA Street Stocks, I didn't think I was cut out to be a driver, but then Packer came up to me and said, "You know, maybe stock cars aren't your thing. Why don't you try open-wheel racing and see if it suits you better?" Man, I'm glad I took his advice, and here I am, the newly crown road course queen. Championships come and go, but when you're the first champion, it lasts forever.

Regina is currently 5th in the points standings with the Hanmore World Championships left to go, and even though she has been eliminated from the season title hunt, the road course title is still a pretty cool consolation prize.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 pm

PACKER'S ENGINE LETS GO EARLY AT BRAZIL, FALLS FROM TOP TEN IN POINTS

Volpi driver Packer Carroll had high hopes for Brazil. He had one of the fan-designed paintschemes on his car, and he was hoping to do great things with it.

Unfortunately, his race ended during the first caution period, when his engine expired after pit stops. He would finish 34th, his worst finish of the season. It would prove costly, as he fell out of the top ten in points, currently in 11th.

PACKER: It sucks, you know? We had a good car today, and I really felt like we could contend for a podium. Oh, well. I guess we'll look to British Columbia to get back on track.

The last time he had an engine failure, it was at Michigan. The next race was in Canada, at Road Gatineau in Quebec. He wound up in victory lane. Could the same scenario be repeating itself?

PACKER: I sure hope so.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:06 pm

PACKER SUFFERS YET ANOTHER ENGINE FAILURE ON THE LAST LAP AT BC

After the engine expired early at Brazil, Volpi driver Packer Carroll had high hopes for the Round of British Columbia at HLR Circuit. He qualified in the midfield, but was up as high as 12th in the running order, and was looking at a decent points day, until the engine gave out on the last lap of the race, causing Packer to finish out of the points for the second straight event, severely damaging his hopes of getting a top ten points finish in his rookie year. At this rate, Rookie of the Year might be a long shot.

There were signs that the engine might not make the whole distance. Earlier in the race, when coming onto the frontstretch, it appeared that Packer had let the 17 of Louis Kingston by, but as it turned out, that wasn't the case.

PACKER: The engine started misfiring right there, so I switched to the back-up ignition box, and the engine misfire went away... temporarily, anyway. It sucks. Divina basically kicked everyone's ass today, and I could barely even get in the top 10 today. At this point, we're gonna put all of our efforts into Decatur, and whatever happens, happens.

He is currently 14th in the points standings, a little over 30 points out of the top ten.

--------------------------------------------

ROCKFORD UPDATE

For the first time since the race's re-inception, there won't be any GRI cars in the Rockford 200. Rush McCloud came the closest in his B-Main, but ultimately fell short. This could have an impact on where Rachel Rainsford and Eric Jackson finish in the points.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:58 pm

PACKER FAILS TO MAKE IT PAST PRE-QUALIFYING, CAPS A DISAPPOINTING SEASON FOR HIMSELF AND GRAVITY RACING, INC.

Volpi driver Packer Carroll came into the final race at Decatur hoping for a shot at getting in the top ten in points.

He didn't even make the race.

Packer started 38th in his heat, pretty much assuring that he would not make it into the main qualifying race. He managed to pass 15 cars during the race, but wound up finishing 23rd. Alli Cullota, in the third Volpi, also failed to qualify, while Divina Henton, in her final race with VRT, is already in the race due to her qualifying in the top ten on pole day. When he was interviewed, Packer had this to say...

PACKER: There really isn't anything I can say. This season was a huge disappointment. We had the one win at Quebec, but other than that, we just couldn't get any good luck. Engine failures kept doing us in, and I couldn't get the job done today. Bottom line, I underperformed this year, while Divina is kicking ass out there, and she's the one leaving instead of me. Makes me wonder if I even deserved this seat in the first place. But we're getting a new car and a new engine next year, and Leonid Roderick is coming on board, so hopefully, 2013 will be good to us.

In addition, all of his cars failed to make the Rockford 200, his TM Lights team with Zach Gott finished 21st, and the CRL team failed to make any sort of headway. Overall, the 2012 season was a massive disappointment for both Packer and GRI.

The only exception was their open-wheel team, when Regina McCloud finally got her first career FO victory, and won the team's first major championship.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

2013 SEASON

----------------------------------------------------------

HAILSTORM-McCLOUD RACING DEBUTS WITH A DECENT RUN AT SONOMA

With Rush McCloud now joining his wife Regina in the Hanmore Formula Overdrive Series in 2013, he was finally looking to settle down and reignite his racing career after being all over the map the past couple of seasons. He hopes this is the start of a long tenure in open wheel racing.

He got off to a decent start. Just not the one he was hoping for at one of his two home races.

Rush finished 14th in the California Grand Prix, while wife Regina finished two spots ahead of him in 12th, similar to what she's experienced at Sonoma the past couple of seasons.

REGINA: I can never seem to get the hang of Sonoma for whatever reason. It's just not my best track. Hopefully, Memphis will be better to me this time around.

She's referring to Memphis Motorsports Park, where to date, she has her only DNF in FO competition.

Rush was a bit disappointed in his run.

RUSH: I was hoping for better things today, considering I grew up not too far from here in San Francisco. But it was just one of those days, I guess. But we'll get better, and I look forward to coming back to California for the World Championships at the end of the year.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 pm

ZACH PROVES IN THE ROOKIE SHOOTOUT THAT STARTING POSITION DOESN'T MATTER

After a disappointing TM Lights campaign in 2012, GRI driver Zach Gott decided he needed a change in scenery.

So, he returned to his roots, running a full-time schedule in the ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series, where he has yet to score his first win in three full-time seasons. In addition, he will share the #7 car in the ARLA Elite Series with Eric Jackson in a shared championship effort. For both campaigns, he will be sponsored by cell phone company Proto-Call.

In his run in the Rookie Shootout, he proved that he might have a future in ARLA's top division.

After drawing the next to last starting spot, 29th, Zach proved that the #7 Proto-Call Volpi SR560 was fast, making his way up into the top ten after only a few laps. He stayed out of trouble the entire race, and even made some impressive three-wide passes during the race, as he matched his career best finish in the ARLA Elite Series, 4th, which he achieved all the way back in 2009 at Pocono.

ZACH: This thing was on fire. Our new JLC Hailstorm engines sound amazing, and they produced some incredible horsepower. And the car was just on the rail. I think if we had a better starting spot, we might've had a shot to win this race, but a top 5 is still a great start for us. Hopefully, my first win is just around the corner.

His first opportunity will be in the season opening Smash Beer 200 at the same track, USA International Speedway.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:26 pm

ENGINE FAILURE SPOILS ZACH GOTT'S RETURN TO ARLA TORNADO ALLEY TRUCK SERIES

After a disappointing run in the TM Lights in 2012, GRI driver Zach Gott decided to return to his roots.

He returned to what is now known as the ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series, and will once again be driving the #71, this time sponsored by Proto-Call, which will also sponsor his ARLA Elite Series effort, and he will be driving the JLC Prototype.

In the season opener, the Atlant-X 150 @ Daytona, Gott ran front for the majority of the first half of the race, but fell back a bit after the first round of pit stops. He was leading a pack of trucks back toward the front when the engine suddenly gave out on him after 42 laps. He was the first driver out of the race, finishing 32nd, similar to his previous season openers he's had.

ZACH: It sucks. We had a fast enough truck to win this race today, but it just wasn't meant to be, I guess. That's been one of my main goals this season: win a race. I want to get that goose egg off my win column, and I think this season might be my best chance.

With the way the new points system is set up, Zach is currently tied for 20th, 135 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next