Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2018

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2018

Post by PackerMan71 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 pm

BLAIZE TO MAKE ROCKFORD 200 DEBUT IN THE MAIN EVENT, PACKER WITH SOME WORK TO DO OUT OF THE C-MAIN

Ohioan Hunter Blaize will be finishing out his 2017 FARC Lowe Dollar Series campaign in the feature race in the Rockford 200.

The 2017 FARC Lowe Dollar Series Rookie of the Year managed to qualify his #17 machine 15th overall out of 197 qualifiers, meaning that he has automatically advanced to the feature race, where he will start 8th in Stage 1 of the 200, where he will hopefully improve on his position in the points standings, where he is 10th coming in.

His teammate/team owner, Packer Carroll, will have a slightly tougher time getting to the 200, qualifying 73rd fastest, which slots him into the 12th starting position for C-Main #1. In order to advance into the B-Main, he will need to finish in the top 13.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:46 pm

2017 Final Report:

Hunter Blaize finishes 10th in the 2017 FARC Lowe Dollar points standings and wins Rookie of the Year.

Packer Carroll finishes 16th in the 2017 FARC Lowe Dollar points standings.

Isaac Lightener wins the 2017 BAAR Super Pro Series championship.

Zach Gott finishes 6th in the 2017 BAAR Super Pro Series points standings.

Zidane Quackenbush finishes 16th in the 2017 BAAR Super Pro Series points standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:03 pm

LIGHTENER FINISHES 3RD IN FARC SUPER SERIES DEBUT AT REMEMBERANCE

After winning the 2017 BAAR Super Pro Series title, it was logical for Isaac Lightener's next step to be the FARC Larry Lemon Super Series. And he impressed in his debut race, save for one competitor in particular.

After qualifying 2nd, Lightener led six laps before finishing a very respectable 3rd behind the Porteau brothers. In a post race interview, Lightener had this to say about the Porteaus.

ISAAC: It's pretty obvious that those guys are the ones to beat in the Super Series right now. They showed it last year, and they're showing it again right off the bat here in 2018, so we have our work cut out for us if we want to compete with Bobby and Hamilton. They're definitely the class of the field right now.

Isaac did have one minor incident during the race. With less than 20 laps to go, Mel Whitley and Lightener were locked in a battle for 2nd when Whitley hooked the 71 off of turn 2, nearly spinning the 71, but Lightener was able to regain control. Whitley claimed this contace cut down a tire, and made disparaging comments after the race. When he learned of Whitley's comments, Lightener scoffed.

ISAAC: Like she's in any position to be talking. She wrecks the 50 car for no reason whatsoever and damn near wrecks me off turn 2, and blames ME for her cut tire? Maybe she needs to get some glasses or some common sense, because she was the one who hit me, not the other way around. Also, people need to get off this 'oh, it's a GRI driver wrecking everyone' bullshit, because quite frankly, it's ridiculous, as well as childish.

Lightener currently sits 3rd in the Super Series points standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:00 am

GRI DRIVERS NOTCH 5TH AND 6TH IN FARC SEASON OPENER

It wasn't a picture perfect day for Gravity Racing, Inc., but considering where they finished, they'll gladly take it.

Packer Carroll and Hunter Blaize finished 5th and 6th respectively in the Smash Beer Get Smashed 108 at the brand new Rememberance Field, the opening race of the 2018 season, and considering how Packer's season started off last year, he was more than happy with a 5th place run.

PACKER: It's a relief, because we had great cars last year. We just had some incredibly shitty luck that really killed our season. But with the best-of-ten format this year, we at least have a few more mulligans to work with, but this is how we wanted 2018 to start, with some momentum.

Both drivers sustained minor damage to their vehicles in separate incidents; Packer when he was caught up in an incident between Donnie Ashcroft and Michaela Perry-Jones, and Blaize when he hit Perry-Jones after her car lost an engine. Both were able to make repairs and adjustments to their cars and both were contenders up front. Packer in particular was a part of a five way battle for the lead at one point, but opted not to press the issue.

PACKER: It was pretty crazy up there in that fight for the lead. I literally had no place to go to try to past, considering they were two wide in front of me, and I wasn't going to try three-wide, because three-wide at Rememberance typically doesn't work, so I decided descretion was the better part of valor, and it paid off for me in the end.

Packer would end up 5th, with Blaize right behind him in 6th, kicking off their FARC season's on a high note.

As for Packer's thoughts on the brand new Rememberance Field...

PACKER: I don't know who poured the money into building this place, but it's a beautiful facility, and that arena-type feel is something to rarely get to experience in FARC racing. I hope FARC continues to come back here in the future, because it's a fun track to race on, and from what I've heard already, the fans got their money's worth today.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 am

BLAIZE NOTCHES TOP FIVE AT NELSON LEDGES, TEAMMATE CARROLL LIVID WITH RUIZ

It was an overall good day for 2nd year FARC driver Hunter Blaize, who notched a 5th place finish at one of his home race tracks, the Nelson Ledges Road Course, after barely making the cut from Stage 1 to even race in the 2nd stage of the round.

Teammate Packer Carroll looked like he was on his way to a good result as well, until an ill-timed exit by Timothy Ruiz left the #71 machine with terminal damage that included a busted radiator, taking Packer out of the race, and he was none too pleased.

PACKER: Unreal. The damn idiot pulled right out in front of me in the pitlane, and I had absolutely no time to avoid him or hit the brakes before hitting him, and unfortunately it busted the radiator, which means I'm done for the day. I was looking forward to today considering my success here in the past, but because someone wasn't paying attention, that opportunity was lost. At the very least, under this point system, we get a few mulligans to work with, so we'll head to Berlin and see what happens there.

Packer drops one spot to 6th in the 2018 FARC Lowe Dollar Series points standings. Hunter Blaize is currently 16th.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4