Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2017

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gravity Racing, Incorporated News & Announcements 2017

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm

RAINSFORD NOTCHES TOP 10 DESPITE TROUBLES, GOTT FALLS OUT EARLY @ USA INTERNATIONAL

It was a bit of a messy start to the 2013 ARLA Elite Series season for Gravity Racing, Inc. The Smash Beer 200 at USA International saw both the 71 of Rachel Rainsford and the 7 of Zach Gott be caught up in multiple incidents in Race 2. Gott would fall out after being involved in a huge wreck midway through the race. He would finish 23rd. Rainsford, on the other hand, managed to soldier on and salvaged a 7th place finish despite being 1 lap down.

Rainsford is currently 11th in the points standings, while the shared ride of Gott and Eric Jackson currently sits in a tie for 43rd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REGINA NOTCHES FIRST TOP TEN OF THE SEASON @ NASHVILLE, WHILE RUSH SUFFERS ENGINE FAILURE

Hailstorm-McCloud Racing had a pretty uneventful second race of the 2013 Hanmore Formula Overdrive season, the High Voltage Guitars 125 at the Nashville Superspeedway. But Regina McCloud managed to score her first top ten of the season, leading 2 laps on her way to a 6th place finish. She currently sits 10th in the points standings with 20 points.

Her husband Rush wasn't as fortunate, as he suffered an engine failure with 19 laps to go. He finished 24th and is currently 20th in the points standings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY! ZACH GOTT IS A WINNER IN THE ARLA TORNADO ALLEY TRUCK SERIES BY TAKING THE CHECKERED FLAG @ MANHATTAN

It was a moment four years in the making, and it finally came true for GRI driver Zach Gott.

In his fourth season in the ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series, and in his 33rd career start, Gott finally took the checkered flag to earn his maiden ATATS victory in the Grape Soup Lemon-Lime 100 at the Manhattan Raceway Stadium, leading the final 59 laps after starting from the 16th position. He celebrated with a long burnout down the frontstretch. The interview in victory lane was nothing short of emotional.

ZACH: Finally! I've got that damned monkey off my back. Four long years have led to this, and I gotta tell you, it was well worth the wait. I want to thank Packer and Gravity Racing, Inc. for sticking with me through the rough season we had last year. Hopefully, this is a sign that many more wins are on the way.

With his first career win finally under his belt, Zach skyrockets up to 6th in the points standings.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 pm

PACKER APOLOGETIC AFTER CONTACT WITH MARTINEZ AT CALIFORNIA

When all was said and done after the season opening event for the 2013 TM Master Cup Series season at the California Speedway, it looked like Volpi driver Packer Carroll had notched his first top ten of the season, coming home in 10th place, but was excluded from the results after contact with the #0 of Jose Luis Martinez in turns 1 & 2 sent the Mexican driver hard into the wall and out of the race. When Packer was interviewed after the race, he accepted the blame for the contact between himself and Martinez.

PACKER: First thing I want to do is apologize to Jose. That incident was my fault. What happened was I had a run on the 0, and he had another car on his outside, and it looked like I could squeeze in on the bottom lane, and I thought I had a nose on him, but the hole started closing, and I tried backing out of it, and I even went on the apron to avoid spinning him, but the damage was already done. (sigh) I tried to be more aggressive than I wanted to be, because David [Stoyanoff] basically told me that if I wanted to win races this year, I have to be more aggressive than I have been. Well, I tried that, and it ended up with me wrecking someone else. It really sucks, because that's not the image I want to portray, and it's not the reputation I want. I screwed up, plain and simple.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:07 pm

GRAVITY RACING, INC. WITH A SOLID SHOWING @ DAYTONA

The second race weekend of the season for the 2013 ARLA Elite Series saw Gravity Racing, Inc. notch a pair of top 12 finishes from both of their drivers. Rachel Rainsford finished a solid 12th in race 1, which moves her up to 8th in the points standings.

Zach Gott had an even better day. In race 2, he led several laps and scored a 5th place finish, his first top 5 since his debut at Pocono back in 2009.

ZACH: I had a blast today. The car was awesome, and we managed to lead some laps and get a top 5. Considering our team's track record at Daytona, I'd say we did one helluva job today. I'm feeling pretty good about our chances this season as far as getting to victory lane.

The shared championship effort of Zach and Eric Jackson, who will get his first chance in the #7 Volpi SR560 when the series heads to Mexico, is now 18th in the points standings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAGONRIDER MOTORSPORTS DEBUTS WITH A TOP 10 @ NORISRING

After failing to qualify for EuroSpeedway, German driver Erik Draachreider managed to bounce back with a solid top ten showing at another one of his home tracks, the Norisring, when he finished 9th in his official season debut, which was also Dragonrider Motorsports' series debut in Dash Cup. Dragonrider Motorsports is an affiliate team of Gravity Racing, Inc., and is owned and run by Packer Carroll's stepfather, Gary Hoffman. After three consecutive World Sports Car Challenge championships, Draachreider was moved up to compete in Dash Cup in 2013. His personal goal is to make it up to the TM Master Cup Series full-time.

ERIK: There aren't any full-time drivers from Germany in TM Master Cup right now, and that's a real shame. Germany deserves to have a successful Cup driver, and my ultimate goal is to make it to Cup and become Germany's most successful stock car driver, and hopefully today's run is a sign of better things in the future.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 pm

HAN YONG-SUNG COMES WITHIN INCHES OF VICTORY @ CALIFORNIA, IMPRESSES TEAM OWNER

In a very risky decision, after talks with Scott Washington broke down, GRI team owner Packer Carroll made a last minute decision. He decided to hire North Korean Han Yong-Sung to drive his TM Lights #71 Bolden. A lot of eyebrows were raised in the garage over Packer's move, but they were raised even more after Yong-Sung's performance at California, when he just got nipped for the win by Buffy Boreanaz. Still, team owner Packer Carroll was very impressed.

PACKER: He's got talent. I think he could be a championship threat this year based on today's performance. I know it's just the first race of the year, but I honestly think he's got something for these regulars in 2013.

This is the first time the #71 team has been on the podium since 2011, when Packer himself drove the car to a third place finish at Las Vegas.

Han Yong-Sung is currently 2nd in the points standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 am

PACKER'S 2013 WOES CONTINUE AT CARBONDALE

After penalties wiped out all of his points and put him in a deep hole, Volpi driver Packer Carroll was hopeful for a good run at Carbondale, where he was starting 8th. Unfortunately, he was caught up in two separate incidents not of his own doing, with the second incident taking him out of the race in 28th. He still sits dead last with -30 points.

PACKER: It's frustrating. We know we can do better, and we're still sitting in the hole. Road Atlanta is coming up, which plays to my strengths, so we'll hopefully be on the plus side of the points after that race.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GOTT FALLS OUT EARLY, WHILE RACHEL RAINSFORD FINALLY STEPS OUT OF HER SISTER'S SHADOW AND INTO VICTORY LANE @ MONTGOMERY

It's been a long wait for Rachel Rainsford, who's been in the shadow of her younger sister Alexis pretty much since day one. But now, after three seasons in the ARLA Elite Series, she finally has her first career win, taking the checkered flag in the first race of the Montgomery Motor Speedway Season Opener, the third race weekend of the 2013 season.

Despite starting 20th, Rainsford had a lightning fast car, and proved it by working her way through the field rather quickly in the 60 lap event. Even with cautions slowing the action 6 times, she was still able to work her way to the front, and when Bobby Porteau suffered a flat tire with five laps to go while leading, Rainsford pounced on Jason Bates and took the lead for good, leading the final 5 laps and scored her maiden Elite Series victory. Teammate Zach Gott fell out of the race early after being caught up in an incident on the backstretch. He finished 30th. The 7 team is currently 36th in the points standings.

Rainsford's win vaults her all the way up to 2nd in the points standings, just 38 points behind the leader, Jim Hayes. This is the highest a GRI car has been in the points standings, and team owner Packer Carroll was very impressed.

PACKER: Rachel did one helluva job tonight. She didn't have the best starting spot, but that car was a rocket tonight. The JLC Hailstorm engines are working like a charm right now, and Rachel certainly proved it tonight. I truly think this team can win this championship.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:25 pm

HAN YONG-SUNG NOTCHES 2ND CONSECUTIVE TOP TEN @ CARBONDALE

After an impressive TM Lights debut at California, GRI driver Han Yong-Sung followed up his runner-up finish with a 7th place effort after surviving a slugfest at Carbondale. After 2 races, he maintains his runner-up spot in the points standings, just 13 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon May 13, 2013 10:39 pm

PACKER MAKES A STUNNING ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWING ANOTHER DISMAL RESULT AT ROAD ATLANTA

The third round of the 2013 TM Master Cup Series season started with much promise for Packer Carroll, but in the end, ended in disappointment once again, in more ways than one.

Packer suffered a cut tire early in the race while running inside the top 12, and would finish 24th, once again out of the points, leaving him dead last in the points with -30 for a third consecutive race. But it was the post race comments of teammate Leonid Roderick that led to Packer making his post race interview a stunning one.

PACKER: (sigh) It's starting to become obvious that I've been more of a hindrance to this team than anything else, and I know this team is capable of so much more. So, I've made a decision. If I don't qualify for Karjala this year, I'll voluntarily step out of the 2 car, because not qualifying for the biggest race of the year 5 years in a row will prove that I'm just not cut out to be a Cup driver, and that someone else more deserving should be in that car. This team deserves better than this. I feel like I haven't contributed anything to this team whatsoever, and it's really weighing on my mind right now. I will continue to drive the car to the best of my abilities and hopefully pull us out of this hole we're in, but Karjala will be the moment of truth for me.

When asked about his teammate's post race comments, Packer said this...

PACKER: What else can I say? He's right. I was an idiot and didn't get out of his way. No excuses. I screwed up... again.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 am

RAINSFORD FINISHES 11TH DESPITE BEING TWO LAPS DOWN, CLOSES ON POINTS LEAD

The 71 team of Gravity Racing, Inc. has shown that they will persevere through tough moments on the track, and they showed again at Texas for the 2013 ARLA Elite Series Henry Walker Memorial.

After coming in for a pitstop, the 71 car stalled, costing them two laps on the track. Then, Rainsford was involved in a spin in turn 3, damaging the back of the 71 car. Despite all of this, and due to attrition on the part of the field, Rainsford salvaged an 11th place finish, and with Jim Hayes losing an engine early on in the race, Rainsford moves to within 11 points of the championship lead.

Zach Gott had an engine failure in race 2, mainly due to a crash earlier in the race that damaged the engine, and finished 19th. The #7 team is tied for 35th, 118 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 pm

REGINA SNAGS THIRD CAREER PODIUM AT MILWAUKEE, RUSH TAKEN OUT EARLY ON

The Avril Milwaukee 100, the third round of the 2013 Hanmore Formula Overdrive season, saw Rush McCloud starting in 4th, and Regina starting in 17th. By the end of the race, the roles were reversed.

Rush was taken out early on in a multi-car crash on the second caution of the race in which Cindy Delamere tried to force three-wide and turned Rush into the inside wall. Rush would fall out in 28th place.

Regina would slowly make her way through the field, and would snatch her third career podium when she finished 3rd, her first podium on an oval. She is currently tied for 4th in the season points standings, and is in a three-way tie for the lead in the oval championship.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:04 pm

TRANSMISSION FAILURE ENDS PACKER'S DAY AT BRANDS HATCH

With the rains beginning to fall at Brands Hatch, VRT driver Packer Carroll was cautiously optimistic despite starting 35th. He knew that the rain was the great equalizer, and he had a chance to score points and climb out of the hole he's in. In fact, he had made it up into the points by the midway point of the race. However, while making a pass in turn 3, the transmission apparently failed on the 2 car, causing Packer to spin into the grass. He managed to get back to the pavement, but the car wouldn't go.

PACKER: Damn it. I think the tranny blew up, guys.

And for the fourth time this season, Packer will not see any points, leaving him deep in his -30 point hole.

PACKER: Man. Just as we were making some progress, the transmission decides to give up on us. We were in prime position to get some points, and... well, you know the rest. Don't know what happened at the beginning of the race with Johaanes, but it looked like he was turned by the 48. I couldn't really tell because of the rain, and I have yet to see a video of it, so I don't really want to point the finger at anybody right now. But this has just been my luck this year, and it really sucks. Sad

------------------------------------------------------------

EXCELLENT FARCE DEBUT FOR LIGHTENER

Modifieds were one of Isaac Lightener's first rides, and he showed that he still knows how to drive them as he scored a 5th place finish in his FARCE Modified Series debut at Devil's Bowl Speedway.

ISAAC: I felt right at home in that car today, so I think we could be a contender for the championship this year. GRI's got some excellent equipment, and it showed here today. Personally, I can't wait for the race at Canaan, my home race. Very Happy

Isaac is currently 5th in the points standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 pm

GOTT FOLLOWS UP MANHATTAN TRIUMPH WITH A RUNNER-UP FINISH AT TEXAS

Momentum is definitely on the side of GRI driver Zach Gott. After finally earning his maiden ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series victory at Manhattan, he followed it up with a runner-up finish at Texas in the Lone Star 200 after a thrilling duel with Samantha Spires.

ZACH: We are on our A-game right now. We're leading a lot of laps and have become a threat for the win in every race so far. I think we can win this championship, but there's a few drivers like Spires, Spengler, Driver, Baker that have something to say about that. It's gonna be a great fight for the title.

Gott moves up to 4th in points, 95 behind Samantha Spires.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 pm

EDIT: Oops.

Last edited by Ceej on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ceej
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:29 pm

RAINSFORD, JACKSON SALVAGE DECENT RUNS IN THE MEXICO RAIN
In what became a wild event at the Mexico City Autodrome, which was run in rainy conditions, Gravity Racing, Inc. had the potential to capitalize on the weather. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way, but what they got was still better than nothing.

The #71 of Rachel Rainsford started 2nd, but was involved in several spins into the turn 3 wall, which resulted in a 17th place finish. She fell to third in the standings, but due to Jim Hayes falling out of race 2, she is now just 6 markers out of the lead.

The #7 car, driven by Eric Jackson this week, finished 1 lap down in race 2, but Jackson managed to snag a top ten with a 10th place finish. The #7 team is now 23rd in the points standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:31 pm

RAINSFORD CONTINUES STELLAR SEASON AT GRAND DETOUR, GOTT TAKEN OUT IN TWO CRASHES CAUSED BY SARAH CARLISLE

It was another stellar performance by Rachel Rainsford that has her in contention for an ARLA Elite Series championship when she notched a 5th place finish at Grand Detour, where she also led several laps. She still remains 2nd in the points, however, due to Taylor Brillon's runner-up effort at Milwaukee. Rainsford is 21 points behind Brillon.

Zach Gott, on the other hand, can't seem to catch a break. He started 3rd, but late in the race, he was involved in two wild crashes in which Sarah Carlisle was one of the main causes, the second crash taking Gott out of the race. He was none too pleased with Carlisle after the race.

ZACH: Ridiculous. Seems like we just can't catch a break, and I honestly don't know what the hell Carlisle was thinking. The first deal could be construed as just a racing deal, but the second one was flat out ridiculous. Hopefully, we'll have better luck at Williams Grove.

The #7 team currently sits 28th in the points, while Rainsford maintains her runner-up position.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:51 pm

RAINSFORD NOTCHES A TOP TEN, BUT STILL LOSES GROUND TO BRILLON

Rachel Rainsford's stellar 2013 ARLA Elite Series season continued at Williams Grove Speedway, when she finished 9th in race 1 of the Williams Grove 150, maintaining her runner-up spot in the points, but she still lost ground to points leader Taylor Brillon, who earned maximum points with her second victory of the season. Rainsford is now 61 points behind Brillon heading into the Canadian tour. GRI co-owner Rush McCloud, who was at Williams Grove in place of Packer Carroll, who is at Karjala preparing for the Karjala Grand Prix, stated that while Rainsford is giving the 71 the best ride it's ever been on, he does admit that they still need to improve.

RUSH: The 71 team is having it's best season ever, and much of that is attributed to Rachel. She has done a fantastic job for us this season. But when you see that someone like Taylor Brillon is having a better season than you so far, that makes us have to step up our game even more, and with Mosport coming up, it gives us an opportunity to cut the gap down and make this a battle for the championship.

Eric Jackson, who will be in the #7 for the next several events, finished 21st after being involved in an accident late in the race. The #7 team is now 33rd, 206 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 pm

RAINSFORD NOTCHES FIRST ROAD COURSE VICTORY AT MOSPORT, JACKSON TAKES AN UNUSUAL LAST LAP

It was around this time last year that after 4 DNFs in the first 7 events, many people wondered if Rachel Rainsford's time at Gravity Racing, Inc. would be short lived. Team owner Packer Carroll ultimately made the decision to stand beside Rainsford until the end of the season. Rainsford would end up winning the Mini-Indy 500 qualifying race, and she began what could only be described as one of the biggest mid-season turnarounds in recent memory. She was resigned by Packer to drive the #71 car in 2013, and needless to say, the decision made him look like a genius, especially after the first round of the Roush Air Mosport Grand Prix @ Mosport International Raceway.

Rainsford started third, and despite a lackluster pitstop late in the race, made her way up into the lead inside of ten laps to go when Earl McDermott, who was leading at the time, took the lapped C4 car of Barry McIntyre off the track at the next to last turn before the start/finish line. Despite being hounded by McDermott and TM Lights driver Clair Auxier, Rainsford would hold them off and scored her second career win, and first on a road course. The victory enabled Rainsford to cut into Taylor Brillon's point lead, despite the fact that Brillon finished 5th. Rainsford is now just 39 markers behind Brillon. Team owner Packer Carroll was obviously impressed with how his driver has performed in 2013.

PACKER: Rachel has done a remarkable job for us this season, and we knew that we had a chance to go to victory lane today. Road races are our true bread and butter, and when you combine that with Rachel's road racing talents, you know the odds of victory tip in your favor a little bit. What makes me excited is the fact that we have four more road races this season: Hokkaido, Suzuka, Miachkovo, and Decatur, and we are considered a favorite in each and every one of those races, and due to the fact that we are in contention for the championship this season, it makes me even more excited. The JLC Hailstorm engines having been working great this year, and the Volpi SR560 has been phenomenal. Hopefully, Rachel will be able to take us to the promised land at the end of the year. Very Happy

Eric Jackson had a somewhat decent day, finishing 12th, although he was put into the tire barrier coming to the restart for the GWC in the second race. After coming back around to get repairs, he went back out on track as the leaders took the checkered, and while those drivers were taking their cool down lap, Jackson would come around to take the checkered flag. Technically, despite the fact that he was in the pitlane, since he had crossed the line to take the white flag before the leaders took the checkered, he was obligated to complete the last lap, although he could have done so a little more carefully, but it did get a laugh out of his team owner.

PACKER: It did seem a little weird, but considering that the 7 team has only finished one or two races this year, I think Eric wanted to make absolutely sure that he took the checkered flag. I love it. I love the competitive spirit he showed today. Hopefully, we'll finally be able to get him to victory lane this season.

The 7 team is now 24th, 220 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 pm

GRI LOOKING TO EXPAND BACK TO THREE TEAMS, ALL RIDES CURRENTLY UP IN THE AIR, POSSIBLE TEAM NAME CHANGE?

About halfway into what has been a pretty successful season for Gravity Racing, Inc so far, sans Pocono, a lot of changes could be coming to the team at the end of the 2013 season.

With their Formula Overdrive and Dash Cup teams becoming their own separate entities, this would free up space for GRI to revive a third full-time team in 2014. Whether this will come to pass will be determined upon authorization from FARC, and whether they have the sponsorship to support the team. Rumors are that Isaac Lightener, who is driving for GRI in the FARCE Modified Series this season, would be in line for the third car if it does come to pass.

In the meantime, the other two teams, the #7 and #71, are up in the air right now. Eric Jackson's contract is up at the end of the season, and Zach Gott may spend another season in the Truck division before he moves up for a possible true full-time effort in 2015. As far as the 71 goes, with Rachel Rainsford contending for the ARLA championship, it is entirely possible that she may be offered a ride in the TM Master Cup Series for 2014. If that is the case, and with Packer Carroll having what he considers his worst season of his career, if Packer is not resigned by Volpi, Packer is considering returning to the Elite Series to drive his trademark 71 car for the 2014 season. At this time, nothing has been confirmed.

Another rumor floating around is that Packer is considering changing his team's name from Gravity Racing, Inc. to Hailstorm Autosport for 2014, after the engine package they've been developing for the past several years. Again, this has not been confirmed.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 pm

AFTER DISAPPOINTMENT AT KARJALA, PACKER REBOUNDS WITH FIRST TOP 5 FINISH OF THE SEASON @ RUSSIA

You'd think Packer Carroll had won the Round of Russia if you'd seen his reaction after getting out of the car.

After the disappointing DNF at Karjala, Packer bounced back with a stellar performance at Vnukovo International Airport, this season on the longer Grand Prix course. Packer had one of his best qualifying efforts of the season when he qualified 6th. The race started off well enough, until coming into turn 2, Zelda Ashby bumped him from behind and spun him out. Fortunately, he didn't hit anything, and after the car stopped spinning, he grabbed a gear and resumed the race, losing only a few positions. Late in the race, the team gambled by staying out an extra lap while the leaders pitted, and he picked up several spots as a result. Near the end of the race, he managed to run down and pass Melanie Clevenot for the 4th spot, which is where he finished, one spot behind his Volpi teammate Leonid Roderick.

When he climbed out, he was overly excited and high-fiving the crew in the pitlane. The excitement was still evident in his post race interview.

PACKER: Awesome! That was the kind of run we desperately needed, and I'm so glad to finally be out of the hole. We still have a lot of ground to make up in the points, obviously, but we have some tracks coming up that we have been good at in the past, so hopefully, we'll have some podium runs in the near future.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

GRI NOTCHES A PAIR OF TOP TENS AT RIVERSIDE, RAINSFORD CLOSES THE GAP ON BRILLON

After a terrible three race stretch, Gravity Racing, Inc. got its run at the ARLA Elite Series championship back on track with a pair of solid runs from both teams.

Rachel Rainsford earned a solid 4th place finish in Race #2, and while the car looked like it went through a destruction derby, the #7 driven by Eric Jackson earned an 8th place finish. Jackson is scheduled to be in the car for the next four races, which comprise of the Ring of Fire tour.

Rainsford moves back up to 3rd in the championship, 52 points out of the lead, while the #7 team is 32nd.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 pm

HAILSTORM-McCLOUD RACING ENDING ITS FORMULA OVERDRIVE PROGRAM AND MERGING BACK WITH GRI, RUSH TO RETIRE FROM FULL-TIME RACING, REGINA BECOMES A FREE AGENT

After a turbulent 2013 Formula Overdrive season for Hailstorm-McCloud Racing, they came to the decision to end their FO program and re-merge with Gravity Racing, Inc., who is currently in the process of re-merging their Dash Cup program and OVLMS program into the team as well to put their entire focus on the soon-to-be FARC Elite Series for 2014.

In addition, Rush McCloud announced that he would retire from full-time racing after the Hanmore World Championships.

RUSH: My results have shown me that I'm just not capable of running at the front every week and contending for a championship, so I'm gonna retire from full-time racing and focus on running GRI, as I probably should.

His wife Regina, on the other hand, has become a free agent, and even though she has a lifetime contract with GRI, she has been given permission to seek another ride in Formula Overdrive.

REGINA: I truly believe I have a wonderful career in Formula Overdrive in the making, so I'm hoping someone picks me up for the 2014 season. It'd be nice to add an FO season title to my Road Course title, so I'm hoping and praying one of the top teams gives me a ring.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:01 pm

RAINSFORD REMAINS IN CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENTION AFTER A PAIR OF TOP 10'S IN JAPAN, PACKER LEMENTS ON LOST OPPORTUNITIES

It was a decent Japanese tour for Rachel Rainsford, who notched a pair of top ten finishes during the Japanese portion of the Ring of Fire tour. She is currently 7th in points, 54 behind new leader Rip Tyler. Still, team owner Packer Carroll thinks they missed out on a golden opportunity.

PACKER: Considering the type of tracks we were going to, we felt like we were among the heavy favorites to win at least one race during the Japan tour, but it is what it is. I think we'll still be a nice sized favorite at Miachkovo, and we've also got Decatur at the end of the year, and we should be favored in that one as well. We're not out of the championship hunt by a long shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PACKER CELEBRATES WITH A "PHOTO OP" WITH TEAMMATE RODERICK AT QUEBEC

If there was one race, other than Ohio, that VRT driver Packer Carroll was looking forward to, it was the Round of Quebec. He was the defending winner of the race, an emotional victory coming just five days removed from the passing of his mother, and is widely considered to be the reason Packer kept his seat at Volpi.

This year, his run to the front was a little more difficult, but satisfying nonetheless.

Starting from the 25th position, he had a bird's eye view of the first lap wreck, and by opting to go to the right side, he missed a hard collision with Kurt Plissken's car by inches.

Throughout the entire race, he worked his way steadily through the field, until eventually, he found himself in a fight for a podium spot with Louis Kingston. The two traded the spot several times during the second half of the race, until Packer finally got the upper hand right at the finish, taking 3rd place and earning his 3rd career TMMC podium, while his teammate, Leonid Roderick, won the race, giving Volpi a 1-3 finish at Quebec.

After Packer parked his car on pit road, he hopped the pit wall and approached Roderick's car, which had stopped at the start/finish line. After sharing a high-five, Packer grabbed the checkered flag and hopped onto the passenger's side window, much like he did during his Bronco Buster celebrations, only now, he was a passenger as Roderick drove the car around the track in a victory lap celebration, all the while Packer was sitting on the passenger door, with checkered flag in hand, with the crowd roaring its approval.

When Packer was interviewed on pit road afterwards, he laughed for the first time in what seemed like forever.

PACKER: Nice photo op, eh? (laughs) It feels SO good to finally be back on the podium, and I knew that this would be one of my best opportunities of the season to grab one. I kind of sucked in qualifying, so that put us a little farther back than I would've liked, but we're here, and I also want to thank Louis Kingston for racing me clean. I know we've gotten into a few deals over the past couple of years, but that's all in the past, and we had a great battle for that last spot on the podium, and... it was a lot of fun. And it was also a lot of fun riding on Leonid's car, and he needed this win, especially after what happened at Wales, so for me to be able to join him on the podium... it really means a lot to me.

When asked about the next few races, including the next race at his home track, Packer smiled.

PACKER: We're coming to a stretch of races that have been really good for us in the past. We've got Detour coming up, as well as Road America, Indy, and of course, my home race in Ohio. These are all tracks we've traditionally been good at, and I hope we can be contenders at each and every one of those races. And if I manage to somehow win the Round of Ohio... it would be the ultimate dream come true.

His Quebec podium marked his 40th career start in TMMC, as well as his 10th career top ten finish.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 pm

YONG-SUNG NOTCHES TOP TEN @ QUEBEC, THEN EARNS GRI'S FIRST TM LIGHTS VICTORY IN THEIR HOME RACE

After a solid top ten run at Road Gatineau, GRI driver Han Yong-Song headed into the team's home race at Ohio Motor Speedway solidly in the championship chase.

Little did he know that he would become the Buckeye State's newest racing hero.

Yong-Sung led just two laps in the race, but they were the last two as the leaders had to pit for fuel before the checkered, giving the win to Yong-Sung, his first career victory in the TM Lights. It was also GRI's first victory in the TM Lights, and it came on their home race track. GRI's race shop was stationed just a few miles away in downtown Columbus, and the team's owner, Packer Carroll, lives just 5 minutes from the track.

After Yong-Sung won, Packer would climb into the passenger's side of the #71 Bolden, much like he did at Quebec when he climbed into the passenger's side of Volpi teammate Leonid Roderick's car after they finished 1-3. Sitting on the doorframe, Packer held aloft the Ohio flag, much to the delight of the crowd.

Packer was very proud of his North Korean driver, and made it known in the victory lane interview.

PACKER: I always thought that I would be in victory lane here as a driver, but it's just as sweet to be here as the owner. Han has done so much for this team, and for him to be able to deliver GRI's first Lights win, and to do it in front of our home crowd, I just... words cannot express how proud of Han I am.

With his first career win in hand, Han Yong-Sung moves up into 3rd in the championship, 39 points behind leader Axel Andersson.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 pm

MEGA REPORT

After a very long ARLA season, Gravity Racing, Inc. finds itself in championship contention in both the Elite Series and Tornado Alley Truck Series.

With a stellar run by both Zach Gott and Rachel Rainsford at Road America in the books, the focus is now on the Rockford 200, where Rainsford is 3rd in the championship, just 35 markers behind Rip Tyler.

The Rockford 200 will also be Eric Jackson's final race with the team after 4 seasons. He finally earned his first career win earlier this season at the New York Autoring.

Zach Gott will not run the Rockford 200, as he his focused on his own championship run in the ARLA Tornado Alley Truck Series. He comes into Rockford with a 65 point deficit to make up on Tammy Barnton, but regardless of the outcome, this has been Gott's breakout year, with 2 wins and 10 top 10's so far this season.

PACKER: I've been very impressed with the team as a whole this season. Isaac's been doing well in FARCE, Zach's gunning for a title in the trucks, and Rachel has us within striking distance of the Elite Series title. Overall, this has been, without a doubt, our best year to date, and I hope it continues into next season.

Speaking of next season, Gott will be moving over to drive the #71 car in the newly formed National Pro Cup Championship late model series. Packer will try to sign one of his old sports car drivers, Erik Draachreider, to take Gott's place in the #71 truck.

As for the Elite Series, the team will be expanding back to three teams with the absorption of the Hailstorm-McCloud Formula Overdrive team and the Dragonrider Motorsports Dash Cup team. Isaac Lightener will return to the Elite fold, bringing his family number 94 with him, and he will drive the ZombieBusters.com sponsored machine. As for the other cars, the 70 and 71, there are rumors that Packer Carroll could return to the Elite Series to drive one of the two cars, and Rachel Rainsford has not been confirmed to return next season yet as she might be in line for a TM Master Cup Series ride for 2014.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:32 am

GOTT AND QUACKENBUSH NOTCH TOP 3 FINISHES IN NPCC DEBUT

Coming into the 2014 season, experts pointed to Zach Gott as a potential championship contender in the National Pro Cup Championship. With the resources of Gravity Racing, Inc., he could very well win the team's first major stock car championship. But to do that, he's also going to have to contend with his new teammate.

Coming over from sports car racing was Canadian John Quackenbush, who made a big splash when he finished 2nd in the season opening Zombie Survival Kits Daytona 200K, with his teammate Gott finishing right behind him in 3rd. Quackenbush was in contention for the win late, but a bad spark plug cost him a shot, and Gott was penalized for cutting part of the track off after being spun by the 34 of Parker Whitten in turn 2. Gott put the blame on himself for that one.

ZACH: Whitten didn't do anything wrong there. The car got loose as we were heading into turn 2, and as I tried to correct it, I swerved into Whitten and around I went. I'll take full blame for that and cutting off part of the track, because after I spun I kind of got lost, so when I noticed which direction the card were going, I drove back onto the track at that point, not knowing I had cut part of the track off. But it is what it is. We still got 3rd out of it. I also think my teammate is gonna be quite good this year despite having no stock car experience. I don't know how he'll do on the ovals, but you'd better watch out for him on the roadies.

Quackenbush had similar points of view.

QUACKENBUSH: Pretty good debut in stock cars, eh? I knew that my road course expertise would come in handy today. I just wish we didn't that spark plug go bad, because I felt like we had a shot at the win, but we'll take 2nd any day. As for how I'll do on the oval short tracks, I'm not really sure, considering I've never raced on a short track or an oval before, so hopefully, I won't completely suck. Laughing

Gott and Quackenbush start the new season 2nd and 3rd in the points standings.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

BREAKING NEWS: GRI TO POSSIBLY BUY OUT STAR NEMOTO RACING?

In a blockbuster announcement, it has been reported by various sources that Gravity Racing, Inc. has offered to buy Star Nemoto Racing.

It has been reported that Star Nemoto has had some difficulty finding funding, despite the success of Louis Kingston this season, and there have been rumors that Nemoto might be pulling its factory backing at the end of the season. Team boss Takumi Katashima was seen talking to former driver Tom Delgado at Indy, but Delgado quickly shut down rumors that he was buying into the team, so it appears that Katashima started looking to other avenues, with one of those avenues possibly being Gravity Racing, Inc. and their new factory backing from Isanni, who is still relatively new to the American racing scene, and as the only one of the Big Five teams in the FARC Elite Series with Isanni backing, GRI will be receiving a lot of their support.

GRI team owner Packer Carroll was asked about the possible buyout during practice for the Round of Colorado.

PACKER: Well, the rumors are partially true. I have been approached by Takumi Katashima, and he relayed that Nemoto might not be sticking around next year, and was wondering if I was interested in possibly buying into the team. Needless to say, it got my attention. All I can really say is that nothing is final as of right now, but we are discussing it, and if a deal is finalized, we'll call for a press conference, and you'll all get to find out.

(OOC: I know this is also in the Silly Season thread, but it's something to do with my team, so... yeah.)
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:34 pm

DUCKMAN REIGNS SUPREME AT LONG BEACH

It was a feeling that John Quackenbush had felt before on two occasions in the International Sports Car Association, and now he got to feel it again in the National Pro Cup Championship: the feeling of winning at Long Beach.

After starting on the outside of the front row, Quackenbush powered his way into the lead on the start, and despite a meeting with the turn 8 tire barriers, the Quackster dominated the race, leading 27 of the race's 32 laps on his way to his maiden NPCC victory, and his third overall win at Long Beach.

His teammate, Zach Gott, regained the championship lead with a solid 4th place showing, with Quackenbush now up to 2nd, just 2 points behind. Quackenbush also takes a 24 point lead in the Ultimatum Cup standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:14 pm

LIGHTENER SCORES MAIDEN FARC ELITE SERIES WIN

After a disappointing turn of events at the Smash Beer 500, in which all three Gravity Racing, Inc. machines failed to qualify, fortune turned in their favor (somewhat) at the Columbia Speedway, site of the Loan Pros 200.

In the first 50/50 sprint, team owner Packer Carroll, competing on a limited schedule in the FARC Elite Series this season, finished 12th in the first 50/50, earning him a spot in the 200 lap feature, but didn't have much luck, falling out after being involved in a hard crash midway through the race.

Rachel Rainsford struggled to a 17th place finish in the second 50/50, which earned her a spot in the 200, but suffered a surprising engine failure early in the race.

PACKER: It is a bit surprising that the 71 lost the engine, but this is a brand new V6 model of our JLC Hailstorm engines, so there might be a few bugs we have to work out occasionally. I have confidence in our mechanics to make these engines as reliable as they have been for us in the past.

But the driver who may have impressed the most people was definitely Isaac Lightener, who took the lead in the first 50/50 with less than five laps to go and went on to score his first career FARC Elite Series victory in his first race back with GRI's Elite Series program.

ISAAC: To get my first win is amazing, but to be able to do it with the number my father made famous in New England... it's just incredible. I hope that this is just the beginning for us.

Isaac would follow that up with a solid 4th place effort in the feature, vaulting him all the way up to 4th in the points standings, pretty impressive considering he didn't qualify for the Smash Beer 500.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun May 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Spoiler:
DESPITE PROBLEMS IN LANGHORNE FEATURE, LIGHTENER MAINTAINS TOP 5 POINTS SPOT

Before the season began, many people had pegged Rachel Rainsford to be Gravity Racing, Inc.'s best hope in claiming a FARC Elite Series title.

But right now, it's Isaac Lightener who's flying the banner for GRI.

Lightener came home a solid 9th in his 50/50, and despite encountering trouble in the feature and finishing 3 laps down in 18th, he retains his 4th spot in the points standings, 28 points behind new leader Ryan Matthews.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun May 25, 2014 12:07 pm

PACKER SECURES FOURTH CAREER PODIUM AT NEW YORK

In what has been a tumultuous season, Volpi driver Packer Carroll finally got back onto the podium with a stellar third place effort on the streets of New York.

After the race, Packer stopped near a stalled Zelda Ashby, who's engine expired just past the start finish line. After a brief discussion, Ashby climbed in the passenger's side and Packer gave her a lift back to the pits while her car was being towed back.

When Packer climbed from the car, he was the most ecstatic he had been all season, almost as if he had won the race himself.

PACKER: It's a wonderful feeling right now to get my second podium of the year. It'd be even better if we could get this car back into victory lane before the year's out, and we've got two more chances to make it happen.

When asked about the rumors of him going to Mitchell and Sons...

PACKER: Like I said before, it largely depends on where Isanni goes, whether it be they sign with Mitchell and Sons or if they decide to bring my team up to Cup. We're joined at the hip for 2014, and I think regardless of where we end up, I think 2014 might be our year to shine. At least, I hope so.  Laughing 
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm

LIGHTENER NOTCHES PAIR OF TOP 5S AT BUFFALO

After several weeks of miserable runs, GRI driver Isaac Lightener brought his #94 Isanni home in 2nd and 5th in his 50/50 and the feature, respectively.

ISAAC: It's nice to have a couple of top 5 runs after the crap we've went through the past few weeks. We could've won the feature, but I screwed up getting into turn 3 when I had a run on the leaders. Oh, well. At least we made up some points.

Lightener is now 13th in points, while his teammate Rachel Rainsford also made the feature and is currently 6th in the championship.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 pm

GRAVITY RACING, INC. TO RACE FOR THE INDEPENDENTS TROPHY IN 2014

Finally, Gravity Racing, Inc. will have its chance at the TMMC Independents Trophy in 2014.

Although nothing about the entry has been confirmed other than the team will use the Omecha MA05, team owner Packer Carroll is confident about his team's chances.

PACKER: We've been pressing and pressing for this opportunity for years, and now we get our chance. We've succeeded at every level, so the next logical step for us is Master Cup, and hopefully, with the team that we're putting together, we'll be able to snag that trophy in our first season. That's the goal, anyway.

A driver hasn't been named yet, although there are rumors suggesting that Packer could use one of his developmental drivers, such as Canadian John Quackenbush, who will be competing in the National Pro Cup Championship full-time in 2014.

There are also rumors that Packer is being offered a spot at Manticore Engineering for 2014. Packer is still recovering from a broken leg and concussion from his near-fatal accident at Decatur, but says he'll be ready to go for 2014.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:04 pm

GRAVITY RACING, INC. TO POSSIBLY RUN THREE FULL-TIME ELITE SERIES TEAMS IN 2015, WITH TWO TEAMS IN THE SUPER SERIES

With the FARC Regional Cup being rechristened the FARC Duckroll Super Series and using the same car as the Elite Series, Gravity Racing, Inc. revealed their potential plans for the 2015 season.

ELITE SERIES
The only confirmed driver on the Elite Series side is Isaac Lightener, who will continue to drive the #94 ZombieBusters.com Isanni through the 2015 season. Rachel Rainsford hasn't been confirmed to be returning to the #71 next year, but is highly likely after yet another top 10 points run in 2014, and is largely dependent on whether or not she is offered a full-time TM Master Cup Series ride.

GRI plans to move the #70 Lobo/All-Stick Isanni up to full-time competition in 2015, but is currently in search of a driver.

SUPER SERIES
With John Quackenbush's recent success in the National Pro Cup Championship, he will be moved up and will be attempting to run the full season in both the Super Series and the NPCC's new Super Pro Series, with Quackenbush calling his attempt "the Super-Super Season".

GRI's developmental driver Hunter Blaize will be piloting the #71 Proto-Call Isanni in select events in 2015, while a soon-to-be named driver will run in the events that Blaize does not contest.

Elite Series:
#70: ??? - Lobo/All-Stick Isanni
#71: Rachel Rainsford? - Lynxe Isanni
#94: Isaac Lightener - ZombieBusters.com Isanni

Super Series:
#28: John Quackenbush - ??? (Duckroll, maybe?) Isanni
#71: Hunter Blaize, ??? - Proto-Call Isanni
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:21 pm

THE QUACKSTER EARNS SECOND NPCC VICTORY WITH A LAST LAP PASS OF BANNER @ HOOSIER

In what could be called a brilliant come-from-behind drive, Gravity Racing, Inc. driver John Quackenbush proved that he has tremendous potential after a last lap pass put him back in victory lane at the Hoosier Raceway, site of the 19th round of the 2014 National Pro Cup Championship season.

After starting in 6th position for the 25 lap Indiana GP, Quackenbush moved up to 4th, where he stayed for pretty much the first half of the race, but was steadily losing ground to the leaders Sean Sanchez and Star Banner.

QUACKENBUSH: We had a good car, but if we were gonna have any chance of catching the leaders, we needed to take a big swing at it. Obviously, it worked.

After the lone pit stop, which saw Quackenbush get out in front of his teammate Zach Gott, Quackenbush was 13 seconds behind the lead duo of Sanchez and Banner, but was now catching them at a rate of 1.5 to 2 seconds per lap. With two laps to go, Quackenbush would make the pass on Sanchez for 2nd, and coming to the white flag, he was right on the bumper of Banner, up until the backstretch, when he was able to get alongside the 16 car going into the esses, and would ultimately make the pass in the final turn and cruised to his 2nd career victory, his first since Long Beach back in April.

QUACKENBUSH: This second win was a long time coming, but it was well worth the wait. The crew made the right adjustments on this car, and it came to life and we were able to catch the leaders and pass 'em. This win goes to the crew. They made the winning adjustments on the car. They deserve it just as much as I do.

With this win, Quackenbush takes over the lead in the Ultimatum Cup standings with one race to go, and he closes the gap on Chuck Johnson in the overall championship. He was 113 points back, but is now just 86 markers back with 5 races to go. Teammate Zach Gott finished 4th, and is currently 3rd in the championship, 105 points behind.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 pm

GRI SIGNS POPULAR FREE AGENT RICHLER

After the blockbuster announcement of popular FARC driver Caitlin Richler being released from her ride by Henry Sylvester, several high profile teams offered rides to the young Alaskan driver, but ultimately settled on Gravity Racing, Inc. for the 2015 season.

According to team owner Packer Carroll, Richler is currently scheduled to drive the #70 car, but could be moved over to drive the team's flagship #71 if Rachel Rainsford decides not to re-sign with the team. Rainsford has been driving for GRI for the past three seasons, with two wins and pair of top ten points finishes with a third in the making, and a high finish of third in points in 2013.

PACKER: We are definitely hoping to keep Rachel around for 2014. She's brought the team a lot of success the past three seasons. Even though she has just the two wins, she's been very successful in the points standings and nearly won us the title last year, so we'd really like to keep her around, especially with Caitlin coming into the fold next year.

Even though Rainsford has not won yet this season with two race weekends to go, she is currently 6th in the championship.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:36 pm

PACKER THINKING ABOUT RETURN TO FARC ELITE SERIES?

(OOC: Forecasting a bit here, because I don't envision my namesake having much Cup success this season. Razz)

Three years after he left for the TM Master Cup Series, GRI team owner Packer Carroll may be looking to return to the FARC Elite Series to drive his trademark #71 car.

PACKER: After careful consideration, I've realized that my racing career has pretty much come to a standstill. I'm just not having the success I've hoped for in Cup, and the chances of me landing at a top tier team in 2015 is slim to none. So I've watched what my good friend Ryan [Matthews] has done by returning to FARC after a terrible season in Cup. He's close to winning the championship driving his own car, and I figured, why can't I do the same? My team is more than capable of being a championship contender, and I think returning to the #71 FARC Elite Series car is the tonic I need to revitalize my career.

As for Rachel Rainsford?

PACKER: Well, she's been in the Elite Series for the last four years, and she's driven for us in three of those years. I think she's anxious to move back up the ranks, whether it be Lights or Cup, so if she doesn't get a full-time Cup ride in 2015, we'd like to move her up to the TM Lights if she's interested.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:57 pm

NPCC TIMELINE

GOTT FINISHES RUNNER-UP IN POINTS FOR SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR, WINS ROSE CUP, QUACK'S TITLE RUN ENDS EARLY @ IRWINDALE

In the NPCC season finale for 2014, the California 300, GRI driver John Quackenbush's run at the title ended after Segment 1, when he finished 2 laps down in 25th, ending his race early. He would finish 3rd in the overall championship, with three wins (all on road courses), 11 top fives, 15 top tens, 2 poles, and the Ultimatum Cup.

Zach Gott managed to make it through all three segments and finished in 4th, securing his runner-up points finish and the 2014 Rose Cup title. He finished with just 1 win, but had 2 poles, 12 top fives and 16 top tens.

Gott will move up to the new Super Pro Series, while Quackenbush's plans are undecided as of now.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:26 pm

CONFIRMED: PACKER TO RETURN FARC IN 2015

After much consideration and speculation, GRI team owner Packer Carroll will be making his return to the FARC Elite Series in 2015.

PACKER: I've been giving this decision a lot of thought, and I've realized that my racing career is at a standstill right now. My Cup career is going nowhere right now, and I've been extremely miserable, so, I've decided that a change of pace is in order, so I've decided that I want to return to the Elite Series for 2015.

As for his motivation to return to the series where he won Most Popular Driver in 2009...

PACKER: Sometimes, you've got to move back in order to move forward. I look at Ben [Atkins] returning to Dash Cup, and my good friend Ryan [Matthews] winning the Elite Series title, and I realized that this is what I need to do for the sake of my career and my own sanity, as it were.

Packer will be returning to his flagship #71 for 2015. A sponsor is yet to be determined.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:09 pm

PACKER RETURNS TO VICTORY LANE AFTER A THREE YEAR WAIT

Finally.

After a long three year drought that began with his win at Quebec in 2012, GRI owner/driver Packer Carroll finally returned to victory lane, this time in the FARC Elite Series, driving his trademark #71 to the win in 50/50 sprint #1 at Tulsa, the prelude to the ProLaps 100. Although he fell out early in the feature, Packer was still happy with the fact that he broke a three-year winless drought with his third career FARC Elite Series victory, and his first since Watkins Glen in 2011. Although he didn't perform victory burnouts, he still performed the Bronco Buster around the track to the delight of the crowd.

PACKER: Wow. It's been so damn long, I've forgotten what its like to taste victory. It may only be a 50/50 race, but it still pays full points, and its my first win on a dirt track, so its a really exciting time for me and my team. If we can keep up this pace, we can definitely contend for a championship.

At Watkins Glen, Packer had a tire go down early in the race, but despite that and being involved in two separate incidents, he still managed to salvage a 13th place finish.

Packer is currently 5th in the FARC Elite Series points standings.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat May 07, 2016 2:08 pm

BLAIZE 'FRUSTRATED' WITH WHERE HE'S AT AFTER TOLEDO

It may have been his first top ten of the season, but GRI driver Hunter Blaize is still frustrated.

Despite a 7th place effort in the AST Voltson Super Trucks event at Toledo, Blaize still expressed some frustration about where he was at in the points.

HUNTER: It's aggravating to know that I have some of the best equipment in racing right now, and I've yet to taste victory in this series after three years. We still have more than half the season to go, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get to victory lane, because for some weird reason, I just can't seem to put it all together in this series. It's not for a lack of trying, but it is frustrating.

Blaize is pulling double-duty in 2016, driving in both the Super Trucks and the BAAR Super Pro Series, to get some more seat time before possibly being promoted to the FARC Smash Beer/Lowe Dollar Series, or if things go well, a possible promotion up into one of the TM Lights cars.

Blaize is currently 10th in the Super Truck points standings.

(Been a while. Been meaning to bring this back.)
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:07 pm

'LIL QUACK' NOTCHES FIRST TOP FIVE AT HOME TRACK, GOTT CRACKS TOP 15 IN POINTS

Despite not being very experienced in high-tier stock car racing, Zidane Quackenbush is making a splash in the FARC Smash Beer/Lowe Dollar Series.

After a pair of 11th place finishes, 'Lil Quack', as he is quickly becoming known as, notched his first career top five finish when he placed fourth in the Duckroll Tires 200 at Mosport, his home track.

ZIDANE: It was cool to represent my home country in this race, and to get a top five result out of it is awesome. Hopefully, there's more like this to come in the future.

His teammate, Zach Gott, struggled all day, but managed a 16th place finish out of the day, and it moves him up to 15th in the points standings, putting him on the precipice of a FARC-Off spot.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:03 pm

GOTT FAILS TO MAKE FARC-OFF, 2017 PLANS FOR GRI

After longtime GRI driver Zach Gott failed to make it into the inaugural FARC-Off, Gravity Racing, Inc. owner Packer Carroll announced that he may be returning to the series in 2017.

PACKER: Racing sports cars has been fun this year, and certainly a change of pace from previous seasons, but I think I'm ready to come back to FARC. I would still like to compete for and win a championship.

There is still no word on who will be Packer's primary sponsor for next year.

Joining Packer in 2017 is his highly touted prospect, 17 year old Hunter Blaize from Obetz, Ohio. Blaize has driven for GRI in the BAAR Super Pro Series and AST Voltson Super Trucks for the past 4 years, winning the BAAR title in 2013. He is running in both series in 2016, and looks to make the jump to the FARC Smash Beer/Lowe Dollar Series in 2017 to contend for Rookie of the Year. Proto-Call, his longtime personal sponsor, is looking to stay on board with GRI and sponsor Blaize's efforts in 2017.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:36 pm

TM Lights @ Road Gatineau:
GRI NOTCHES DOUBLE PODIUM AT QUEBEC, WITH YONG-SUNG ON THE TOP STEP

In a manner similar to when team owner Packer Carroll won the TM Master Cup Series event at Road Gatineau in 2012, Gravity Racing, Inc. driver Han Yong-Sung would score his second career TM Lights victory and first of the 2014 season with a dominating victory at Road Gatineau.

On the last round of pit stops, Yong-Sung would lose the lead to Josh Marshall, but would quickly run him down on his lighter fuel load and easily pass the 9 car to retake the lead, which he would never relinquish.

His teammate, Canadian John Quackenbush, would also take a step on the podium, finishing third in front of his home crowd, from which he got a standing ovation when he received his third place trophy. It was Quackenbush's second career podium.

QUACKENBUSH: It's hard to put into words what this means to me. To be on the podium in front of your home crowd is incredible, even more so since my teammate Han won the race. We kicked ass today, and to get GRI a double podium today signifies how good we are and how good we can be, and right now, we're still contenders for this championship.

Yong-Sung's victory skyrockets him up to 6th in the championship, 82 points back of Hector Serrano, while Quackenbush's third place effort moves him up to 5th, 80 points out of the lead.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 pm

GRI'S WIN STREAK COMES TO AN END, PACKER ANNOUNCES SPONSORS FOR 2017 SEASON

Well, it had to come to an end sooner or later.

2016 marked the end of Gravity Racing, Inc.'s streak of at least one win during a season, a streak that began in 2009, running seven straight seasons. Unfortunately, Zach Gott was knocked out early in the FARC Lone Star Championships at Texas World and ended up 14th in the final points standings. Gott will be returning to the BAAR Super Pro Series for 2017.

Meanwhile, team owner Packer Carroll announced that not one, but two big sponsors have signed with the #71 car for the 2017 season. The first is a very familiar sponsor to GRI: Meltdown Anti-Freeze, who sponsored the team back when GRI made its first foray into FARC.

The other sponsor will be Cobalt Tornado, an air conditioning company, and is said to be GRI's biggest sponsor yet, sporting quite the sponsorship budget for the 2017 season.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 pm

GOTT NOTCHES RUNNER-UP FINISH IN RETURN TO BAAR

After a less than stellar run in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series in 2016, GRI driver Zach Gott returned to the BAAR Super Pro Series, essentially swapping rides with Hunter Blaize. His return was pretty good, to say the least, as he managed a 2nd place finish in the season opening race at Langley. However, he stated that he wasn't satisfied.

GOTT: It's been a long time since I've been to victory lane, almost three years now. This finish is only gonna make me even hungrier.

The next race for the BAAR Super Pro Series is at South Boston Speedway.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:12 pm

FARC @ Lakewood:
LAST LAP HEROICS GIVE ROOKIE BLAIZE MAIDEN FARC LOWE DOLLAR SERIES VICTORY

After GRI driver Hunter Blaize won the BAAR Super Pro title in 2013 at the tender age of 14, many people within the team, particularly team owner Packer Carroll, had visions of Blaize making up to the big leagues and doing great things. From 2014-2016, he competed in the AST Voltson Super Trucks, and also returned to BAAR in 2016 for a double-duty stint. However, despite good run and good points finishes, he never saw victory lane, leading many to doubt whether or not the young Ohioan could succeed at FARC's highest level.

It took all of three races to quell that doubt.

Blaize started 15th, and after a slow start to the race, Blaize was able to slowly make his way forward, and stayed out of the carnage the race produced. He led on the final restart with six laps to go, but slowed in turn 1, as brake issues forced him to make a much softer entry into the corner than usual. This, of course, almost cost him the win, as the 41 of Zach Webster caught the 17 of Blaize and passed him down the backstretch.

On the final lap, Blaize took the 17 hard into turns 3 & 4, and the car surprisingly stuck, just as the 41 of Webster smacked the wall in turn 4, allowing Blaize to make the move to the inside off of turn 4. It was a drag race to the line, and it was Blaize winning it by a car length. It was the first of GRI's 15 wins in FARC's crown jewel series that happened from a last lap pass, and it was the 18-year-old Ohioan's first career win in just his third career start. The celebration was enormous, as Hunter could be seen fist-pumping inside the car on his way around for his victory lap.

In victory lane, the celebration continued, as Blaize gave his interview with a smile that never left his features.

HUNTER: Wow, I can't believe this is happening! I made it to victory lane in the FARC Lowe Dollar Series, man! This is what I've been working for the past four years in developmental. I just never thought it would be here so soon.

When asked about his last lap pass...

HUNTER: Well, that last lap pass wouldn't have happened if I hadn't taken turn 1 so softly on the next to last lap. The brake pedal was getting softer and softer with each lap, so I took turn 1 a little bit easier than I intended, and I nearly gave the race away to Webster right there. On the last lap, when he got through turns 1 and 2 cleanly, I said 'screw it' and threw the car hard into turn 3... and the son of a bitch stuck! I couldn't believe. Then, when I saw the 41 drifting back toward me, because from what I could tell, he brushed the wall, which killed all of his momentum, I realized 'Oh, my God, I have a shot at this!', so I floored it, it stuck off of turn 4, and it was just a drag race to the line, and we did it. We got this car into victory lane. I really don't know what else to say, other than thanks to my car owner Packer Carroll for giving me the opportunity to drive this car for him.

Speaking of Packer, he was a contender for the win throughout the day, and was running in the top 5 when the last caution came out, but was caught in the schmazzle between Zach Webster and Danica Holifield when the 41 pulled up in front of the 71, causing the 71 to smash into the back of the 41, putting a hole in the radiator and taking the 71 out of the race. Packer, needless to say, was none too happy.

PACKER: Not really sure why he pulled in front of me like that, but it really sucks. We were primed for a great run, and we would've been a contender to win on that last restart, but instead, we get smacked with another poor result. We came into this season with aspirations of a championship, but at this point, we'll be lucky to get into the top 30.

Upon learning that his young driver Hunter Blaize won the race...

PACKER: That's what we've been grooming him for, for four years down in the developmental series, but I'm surprised he's taken to these heavy stock cars so soon. But that's a good thing, and of this win is a sign of things to come, he will be a contender for this championship before the season's over with. Hopefully, we'll be able to dig ourselves out of this rut we're in, and get this car into victory lane at Nashville.

Three race into the 2017 season, Hunter Blaize sits 6th in the championship after his win, while teammate and team owner Packer Carroll sit a poultry 38th as the series heads to Nashville.
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top