Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tainted Track Title

+2
BBoy
PackerMan71
6 posters

Go down

Tainted Track Title Empty Tainted Track Title

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I was at Columbus Motor Speedway Saturday night, and during the compact race, one of the drivers in contention for the title, Michael Robison, was taken out on the first lap of the race. He only needed to finish 3 spots ahead of points leader David Lucas to win the title. Here's the thing: Lucas had to go to a back-up car, and it was slower than molasses. There was no way he was gonna win the title fair and square. The ironic thing: his brother, Chris Lucas in the #12 Pittsburgh Steelers car, started right behind Robison, and this is what happened...

Absolutely... Absolutely ridiciulous. No

Seriously, if you have to use your brother to take out your only competition just so you can win a lousy track title, then you really shouldn't be competing. In my opinion, the Lucas family should be banned from ever competing at CMS again.

Here's the thing that pisses me off: the officials thought it looked intentional, but did NOTHING about it. Mad

If I was in charge, I would've DQed both Lucas' for that crap, which if I'm not mistaken, is "actions detrimental to stock car racing", and stripped David Lucas of the track title. That kind of crap doesn't belong in racing.

What do you guys think?
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Tainted Track Title Empty Re: Tainted Track Title

Post by BBoy Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 pm

This is disgusting. I completely agree with you when you say that they should be banned from competing there ever again.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Wow. That is what you call bad officiating.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Here's what the owners of the track said on Facebook to all the opinions of what happened Saturday night...

The Nuckles Family on Facebook wrote:We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Columbus Motor Speedway. FB is an powerful tool to communicate and we are glad that people take time to visit this site for information about the track. We reserve the right to remove some posts and, if needed, ban some users. At the end of the day, this page is owned and administered by the speedway for a two way communication vehicle. It is not a message board where people will be permitted to personally attack others. The Nuckles Family.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Here's the thing: there were no "personal attacks", just opinions on what happened, and they post that? No Honestly, I just don't know what to think anymore...
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Two syllables come to mind.

Boycott. If they are going to allow that, it is obviously rigged, or unfairly biased.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 am

Also, they've been deleting posts from their facebook page regarding the incident. Yeah, shows how much they care, eh? No
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 am

That's dumb to wreck a person for a track championship. Also sounds like there is some favouritism there as well according to what Packer said just before this.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:13 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing This is just plain dumb. I thought your local short tracks were supposed to be fun, but this is just ridiculous. Suspect
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down