Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Bull seat is now a two horse race

+10
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
RetrogradeRenegade
Rykia
Milan655
Metro 6r4
Alta
Chives2112
navycook75
bigdc48
FlashRod4
14 posters

Go down

Red Bull seat is now a two horse race Empty Red Bull seat is now a two horse race

Post by FlashRod4 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Christian Horner says it is "essentially" a two horse race between Finn Raikkonen and Daniel Riccardo after Riccardo was confirmed to be running in this week's Young Driver's Test for Red Bull.
http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/116755.html
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns25916.html
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Red Bull seat is now a two horse race Empty Re: Red Bull seat is now a two horse race

Post by bigdc48 Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:47 pm

I don't think Raikkonen would go for it considering that Red Bull media attention could be an issue for him.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Red Bull seat is now a two horse race Empty Re: Red Bull seat is now a two horse race

Post by navycook75 Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:58 pm

It would make more sense for a Toro Rosso driver to get the seat. 

I don't see Kimi leaving Lotus anytime soon.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm

My boy Ricciardo is a vicious animal, I tell ya hwat. Razz
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Riccardio needs it to make a name for himselve and easily fits role of #2 driver, Kimi wouldn't be #2 at all.

Riccardio taking over Webber's seat imo.

Last edited by Alta on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:31 pm

I just don't like how Jean-Eric Vergne was just constantly overlooked by almost everyone. Especially due to the fact that he has racked up more points than Riccardo so far in both seasons. Riccardo may be the better qualifier but come race day he always slips back from where he qualified.
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:08 pm

FlashRod4 wrote:I just don't like how Jean-Eric Vergne was just constantly overlooked by almost everyone. Especially due to the fact that he has racked up more points than Riccardo so far in both seasons. Riccardo may be the better qualifier but come race day he always slips back from where he qualified.
Maybe Red Bull don't want someone who could upset the golden child Vettel.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:22 pm

I would actually consider Raikkonen a strong favorite. I mentioned previously a high up member of Red Bull had told me Raikkonen to Red Bull was almost certain..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 pm

FlashRod4 wrote:I just don't like how Jean-Eric Vergne was just constantly overlooked by almost everyone. Especially due to the fact that he has racked up more points than Riccardo so far in both seasons. Riccardo may be the better qualifier but come race day he always slips back from where he qualified.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Milan655 wrote:I would actually consider Raikkonen a strong favorite. I mentioned previously a high up member of Red Bull had told me Raikkonen to Red Bull was almost certain..

I wouldn't be so sure. Obviously he's the best bet for solid results, but Raikkonen is also known for commanding a high wage and not being fond of media commitments. Red Bull would have to change in order to get the best out of Raikkonen - combined with the undoubtedly high asking price, and suddenly moulding Ricciardo into a number 2 for Vettel doesn't sound so bad in comparison...
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:31 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
Milan655 wrote:I would actually consider Raikkonen a strong favorite. I mentioned previously a high up member of Red Bull had told me Raikkonen to Red Bull was almost certain..

I wouldn't be so sure. Obviously he's the best bet for solid results, but Raikkonen is also known for commanding a high wage and not being fond of media commitments. Red Bull would have to change in order to get the best out of Raikkonen - combined with the undoubtedly high asking price, and suddenly moulding Ricciardo into a number 2 for Vettel doesn't sound so bad in comparison...

Raikkonen has suddenly been asked to appear on a Renault advert, and he's awkwardly awful Razz He's been doing a few things with Burn and Lynx too, so perhaps moving to Red Bull won't be too different. But yes, Ricciardo role seems to be changing a bit now.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Milan655 wrote:
RetrogradeRenegade wrote:

Raikkonen has suddenly been asked to appear on a Renault advert, and he's awkwardly awful :PHe's been doing a few things with Burn and Lynx too, so perhaps moving to Red Bull won't be too different. But yes, Ricciardo role seems to be changing a bit now.

And that god-awful Clear ad.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Vernge is a decent driver, but he has the disadvantage of being one of the most boring F1 drivers in a while. He will likely be the new Heidfeld imo
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkAussie Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:05 am

Replace a Aussie with a Aussie. Webber ---> Ricciardo

HawkAussie
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:27 pm

As much as I'd like to see Kimi get the seat, he won't want to play #2 to Vettel.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm

f1fan12 wrote:As much as I'd like to see Kimi get the seat, he won't want to play #2 to Vettel.

If Red Bull do sign Kimi, it won't be to play number 2 to Vettel.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 am

http://www.racingfanatic.net/2013/07/cristian-horner-admits-ricciardo-test.html

Yeah, this battle is over. However, he did say it was "essentially" a two-man race at the end of the article. I don't see Kimi getting it, though.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down