Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED

+2
Alta
crl
6 posters

Go down

Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED Empty Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED

Post by crl Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:49 am

There's no articles on this on the Web just yet, as the info is only on John Daly's (The Daly Planet guy) Twitter feed, but Daly used to work in NASCAR TV, so I'll take what he says at face value. Anyway, there was a meeting at SPEED headquarters yesterday afternoon, and this is what happened:

-WindTunnel and SPEED Center are both cancelled, effective in two weeks. This probably would've been the last year for WindTunnel anyway, because Dave Despain was to retire at the end of this year.
-NASCAR Race Hub will be cut down to 30 minutes, and air live at Noon Eastern. Not sure if that's while SPEED still exists or what.
-I do know that FOX Sports has multi-year deals with MotoGP, and the ACO (Le Mans's organizing body), so it won't be all NASCAR, but losing SPEED Center (even if it was mainly hosted by Adam "It's Impossible for Me to Use an Inside Voice" Alexander) and WindTunnel are two big blows.
-Erik Arneson (VP of Media Relations for FOX Sports) says that racing will be "thoroughly covered" on FOX Sports 1's nightly news show (the one that Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole were recruited from Canada's TSN to co-anchor). Make of that what you will.

Anyway, we're only weeks away, so the changes are coming. Allow me to use this GIF:
Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED Tumblr_mosjigFga41rp66nno1_400

BTW, my most memorable SPEED Center moment? The episode where Alexander cluelessly referred to Ho Pin Tung as a "Chinaman."

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED Empty Re: Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED

Post by Alta Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:22 am

This is the end my beautiful friend.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED Empty Re: Transition to FOX Sports 1 begins for SPEED

Post by PKligBKFan Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 am

As pissed off as I am about all this, glad to see Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. The two of them are hilarious!
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:50 am

PKligBKFan wrote:As pissed off as I am about all this, glad to see Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. The two of them are hilarious!

Same here. Use to watch their stuff all the time of MrLogue's YT channel before that got closed.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 am

PKligBKFan wrote:As pissed off as I am about all this, glad to see Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole. The two of them are hilarious!

Same, hopefully they'll do really well over there.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Not a huge loss for me, Speed pretty much died a few years back. However, I hope Fox Sports one takes advice from NBC Sports.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:

There doing their last show tonight
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:

There doing their last show tonight

I might have to watch!
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down