Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway

+19
Rykia
Mystrsyko
Ben Atkins
Memoriesallbutdone
RealRacingRoots
pennst24
PKligBKFan
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Lucstar88
vbooy57
BWard
RACECAR
Sparkz47
navycook75
PackerMan71
Alta
Chives2112
flyingturns89
bigdc48
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:45 am

Chives2112 wrote:I hate to say it, but it looks like it was more than the car over at JTG Daugherty Racing. I like Bobby Labonte, but I think it's about time to either hang the helmet up, race part-time in Cup, or move down to the Nationwide or Truck Series. Allmendinger is pretty much a guarantee for a full-time ride next year, whether it be in Nationwide with Penske, or in Cup with either JTG Daugherty, Richard Petty Motorsports (perhaps at Penske's request), or even in a third Penske car. He's been impressive in pretty much any NASCAR ride he's been in this season.

What? The highest I ever saw Allmendinger in the race was 17th, and he finished 22nd...which is pretty much in the exact same area as Labonte's average finish in the car.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway

Post by crl Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 am

Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:I hate to say it, but it looks like it was more than the car over at JTG Daugherty Racing. I like Bobby Labonte, but I think it's about time to either hang the helmet up, race part-time in Cup, or move down to the Nationwide or Truck Series. Allmendinger is pretty much a guarantee for a full-time ride next year, whether it be in Nationwide with Penske, or in Cup with either JTG Daugherty, Richard Petty Motorsports (perhaps at Penske's request), or even in a third Penske car. He's been impressive in pretty much any NASCAR ride he's been in this season.

What? The highest I ever saw Allmendinger in the race was 17th, and he finished 22nd...which is pretty much in the exact same area as Labonte's average finish in the car.

Bobby's average finish so far this year is 28th, so, yeah, that's not the best car on the grid.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway - Page 2 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:56 am

Chives2112 wrote:Josh Wise, please? Razz

If Superspeedway's are his only chance, yes. 2013 Quaker State 400 - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Kentucky Speedway - Page 2 215644238
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:05 am

Sparkz47 wrote:

AJ was running up in 12th and 13th for a large chunk of the race..
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

That, and you have to remember that he and Regan Smith kept the #51 in the top-20 in points for a good chunk of the first half of the season with finishes of 11th, 13th, 16th, 14th, and the one blemish of 33rd at Pocono. He also brought the #47 car to a 19th place finish at Michigan in a car that he said was almost impossible to drive.

Also, there was a rumor that Carl Edwards would possibly go over to Penske with Quicken Loans as a sponsor. Roger Penske shot down those rumors, saying that if anything, the third Penske Cup car would go to Sam Hornish, Jr. So, that pretty much rules out a Cup ride with Penske for the moment for Allmendinger.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

That, and you have to remember that he and Regan Smith kept the #51 in the top-20 in points for a good chunk of the first half of the season with finishes of 11th, 13th, 16th, 14th, and the one blemish of 33rd at Pocono. He also brought the #47 car to a 19th place finish at Michigan in a car that he said was almost impossible to drive.

Also, there was a rumor that Carl Edwards would possibly go over to Penske with Quicken Loans as a sponsor. Roger Penske shot down those rumors, saying that if anything, the third Penske Cup car would go to Sam Hornish, Jr. So, that pretty much rules out a Cup ride with Penske for the moment for Allmendinger.

He has a good shot to run in Nationwide or IndyCar full-time with the way he's running.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

His results in the #51 are irrelevant since it's a different team and manufacturer. 19th place in the #47 is also fairly typical (though admittedly a bit higher than average); heck, Labonte drove it all the way to a 9th place finish last year and 2nd place the year before.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

His results in the #51 are irrelevant since it's a different team and manufacturer. 19th place in the #47 is also fairly typical (though admittedly a bit higher than average); heck, Labonte drove it all the way to a 9th place finish last year and 2nd place the year before.
See, for me, the fact that he has been producing decent results at two different teams with two different manufacturers (three if you want to count the Road America win for Penske) shows how well Allmendinger has come along. Again, that's just my take on the whole situation.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

See, for me, the fact that he has been producing decent results at two different teams with two different manufacturers (three if you want to count the Road America win for Penske) shows how well Allmendinger has come along. Again, that's just my take on the whole situation.

Oh no, I'm not saying Allmendinger's a bad driver, he definitely isn't. I'm just saying that I feel the #47 machine, regardless of the driver, just doesn't have the speed or capability of regular top-10's; I can't remember anyone taking that car and regularly finishing much higher than 20th.

Allmendinger might get the right over Labonte, but the fact that his performance in that car is so similar to Bobby's further solidifies my theory that if Labonte could grab himself a spot in some decent equipment, he could still be very competitive.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

Oh no, I'm not saying Allmendinger's a bad driver, he definitely isn't. I'm just saying that I feel the #47 machine, regardless of the driver, just doesn't have the speed or capability of regular top-10's; I can't remember anyone taking that car and regularly finishing much higher than 20th.

Allmendinger might get the right over Labonte, but the fact that his performance in that car is so similar to Bobby's further solidifies my theory that if Labonte could grab himself a spot in some decent equipment, he could still be very competitive.

I have to agree with a you a bit here Spark. I think the reason JTG is lacking is the fact they are a one-car operation (I think if anything they get technical support from MWR) and thus their equipment is lacking.

And as far as AJ, if and when Penske picks up another sponsor, Penske will more than likely move Sam to Cup (because of his results in NNS) and move AJ to the #12 NNS car full-time. Of course this doesn't take into account the idea that Roger might put him in an Indycar ride full-time either.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:23 am

day500champ1 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

I have to agree with a you a bit here Spark.  I think the reason JTG is lacking is the fact they are a one-car operation (I think if anything they get technical support from MWR) and thus their equipment is lacking.  

And as far as AJ, if and when Penske picks up another sponsor, Penske will more than likely move Sam to Cup (because of his results in NNS) and move AJ to the #12 NNS car full-time.  Of course this doesn't take into account the idea that Roger might put him in an Indycar ride full-time either.
They were a MWR branch when Ambrose was running with them, but I think they're more independent these days.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2