2013 Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2013 Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:27 pm

crl wrote:Marco Andretti says his car is horrible. Yeah, Marco. The CAR is horrible.
Yes, because someone who you think has no talent can never have a bad handling car. Rolling Eyes

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 79 (Latest - GOMA F5 at Vancouver [03/24/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile http://www.cobaltdesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:36 pm

>Hinch 16th

GET IT TOGETHER
navycook75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:37 pm

"Crisco" stuck to the tire wall. Laughing Laughing Laughing
FlashRod4
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Briscoe bins it! God, I hope this ends the voices of the people clamoring for him to get another full-time drive.

Conway wins! Awesome! Dale Coyne 1-3!

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:Marco Andretti says his car is horrible. Yeah, Marco. The CAR is horrible.
Yes, because someone who you think has no talent can never have a bad handling car. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, he doesn't have any talent. Guarantee you Kanaan would be way better in that car.

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Good win Conway. Great 3rd Wilson. Good race.
FlashRod4
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 pm

YES YES YES YES

Dale Coyne Racing takes another win!!!

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Pretty good race. Lots of fun racing.

Cool to see Dale Coyne win. To bad it had to be Mike "WAHH OVALS" Conway.
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:02 pm

We Hampshire '11 now
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Usually I don't like to see a driver dominate, but in this case Conway really earned it. He drove a phenomenal race and the best driver won. Of course, all the action from 2nd to 5th didn't hurt either. Good race, keep it up, IndyCar.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:45 pm

crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Yeah, he doesn't have any talent. Guarantee you Kanaan would be way better in that car.

I agree, he has no talent. I mean, you don't need talent to have two wins in IndyCar at tracks like Sonoma and Iowa. Nope.

On a serious note, it seems like you just shit on Marco irrationally all the time. Even when he hasn't done anything wrong, I still see a comment saying about how untalented he is about something he said about the car on his radio or something dumb.

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Another great race. Conway was clearly the man to beat. Let's see how Sunday fairs.
bigdc48
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Am i the only one who think Saveedra has gotten douched by Marco and Mann and he had nothing to do with it.
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

I agree, he has no talent. I mean, you don't need talent to have two wins in IndyCar at tracks like Sonoma and Iowa. Nope.

On a serious note, it seems like you just shit on Marco irrationally all the time. Even when he hasn't done anything wrong, I still see a comment saying about how untalented he is about something he said about the car on his radio or something dumb.

Dude, if his last name were Smith, he wouldn't have lasted 8 years. He's driving for a team where he is clearly outclassed by everyone else, including Viso. He's supposed to be a big star, but he's already been beaten to a championship by Hunter-Reay, who's been with Andretti for less than half the time Marco has, and in just over a year, Hinchcliffe has already matched Marco's career win total. So, no, I don't think my criticism of Marco is irrational. He's horrible in my opinion, and the only reason he's still in IndyCar is because of his last name. Same with Graham Rahal.

Got it?

And as for Marco's two career wins, here's an explanation: Blind squirrel finds nut.

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Alta wrote:Am i the only one who think Saveedra has gotten douched by Marco and Mann and he had nothing to do with it.

As for the Marco incident, I do agree that Saavedra was pretty much punted into the wall. I suppose he could have backed off to avoid it, but he had no reason to suspect Marco was going to crowd him like that.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 pm

crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Dude, if his last name were Smith, he wouldn't have lasted 8 years. He's driving for a team where he is clearly outclassed by everyone else, including Viso. He's supposed to be a big star, but he's already been beaten to a championship by Hunter-Reay, who's been with Andretti for less than half the time Marco has, and in just over a year, Hinchcliffe has already matched Marco's career win total. So, no, I don't think my criticism of Marco is irrational. He's horrible in my opinion, and the only reason he's still in IndyCar is because of his last name. Same with Graham Rahal.

Got it?

And as for Marco's two career wins, here's an explanation: Blind squirrel finds nut.

There are worse in the field than Marco, like Briscoe, Hildebrandt (Thank god he's gone),and Savaadra fall into this category. Plus everyone besides Wheldon that ever raced for Vision!
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:15 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Got it?

There are worse in the field than Marco, like Briscoe, Hildebrandt (Thank god he's gone),and Savaadra fall into this category. Plus everyone besides Wheldon that ever raced for Vision!
>Hildebrand
>Bad

More anonymous if anything, And unlike Briscoe it was in a car that's kind of meant to be mid-field anyway.
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:48 pm

crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Got it?

Gonna have to side with crl on this one. Yes, Marco has two wins, which is fine and dandy, but he's been in IndyCar for almost a decade now, and he only has two wins. Yeah, not that impressive, and I certainly wasn't impressed today when he punted Saavedra off the road. Honestly, he deserved the double bird Saavedra sent him. Laughing

Okay first race. Not as spectacular as Indy was, but let's be honest here, any race from here on out would be hard pressed to match the SuperSpecialAwesome that was Indy. Great job by Mike Conway on getting win number 2, and with him starting on the pole in tomorrow's race, he could sweep the weekend. Also, props to Justin Wilson for getting both Dale Coyne cars on the podium. Some of the caution periods were a bit too slow for my taste, but whatever. It was still a good race.

The first race of the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit gets a 6.0/10.
PackerMan71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Got it?

Gonna have to side with crl on this one. Yes, Marco has two wins, which is fine and dandy, but he's been in IndyCar for almost a decade now, and he only has two wins. Yeah, not that impressive, and I certainly wasn't impressed today when he punted Saavedra off the road. Honestly, he deserved the double bird Saavedra sent him. Laughing

Okay first race. Not as spectacular as Indy was, but let's be honest here, any race from here on out would be hard pressed to match the SuperSpecialAwesome that was Indy. Great job by Mike Conway on getting win number 2, and with him starting on the pole in tomorrow's race, he could sweep the weekend. Also, props to Justin Wilson for getting both Dale Coyne cars on the podium. Some of the caution periods were a bit too slow for my taste, but whatever. It was still a good race.

The first race of the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit gets a 6.0/10.

Jimmy Spencer won two Cup races. That's all that needs to be said. And if Conway sweeps tomorrow, then Marco will have less wins than a guy who won't race on ovals anymore.

Last edited by crl on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 pm

crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Got it?

Don't see what there's to get when we just have different opinions. Neutral

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Since 2008 Marco Andretti has one win, coming at Iowa in 2011. Wins by other Andretti drivers are as follows

Danica Patrick: Motegi 2008
Tony Kanaan: Richmond 2008
Tony Kanaan: Iowa 2010
Ryan Hunter Reay: Long Beach 2010
Ryan Hunter Reay: New Hampshire 2011
Ryan Hunter Reay: Milwaukee 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Iowa 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Toronto 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Baltimore 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Alabama 2013
Mike Conway: Long Beach 2011
James Hinchcliffe: St. Petersburg 2013
James Hinchcliffe: Saõ Paulo 2013

Marco isn't as good as his teammate but he is still a very talented driver. Anybody who wins an IndyCar race is top notch.
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:03 pm

crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:
crl wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:

Got it?

Got it? That sounds like less offering your opinion and more like ramming it down someone's throat... Rolling Eyes

Marco isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He's not like his dad or his grandpa. He is still better than Rahal though. There are a lot of guys out there like Dale Jr, Kyle Petty, MA, Rahal, Justin Labonte, etc. that don't make it out like their previous generations that are still good drivers (except maybe Justin Labonte, he's terrible). If you go back and look at Marco's stats, they haven't been so terrible when you consider most of the time was when he was very young or when Danica was dragging down Andretti. You can't say he is "horrible", he was in the points lead for a reason.
pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:Since 2008 Marco Andretti has one win, coming at Iowa in 2011. Wins by other Andretti drivers are as follows

Danica Patrick: Motegi 2008
Tony Kanaan: Richmond 2008
Tony Kanaan: Iowa 2010
Ryan Hunter Reay: Long Beach 2010
Ryan Hunter Reay: New Hampshire 2011
Ryan Hunter Reay: Milwaukee 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Iowa 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Toronto 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Baltimore 2012
Ryan Hunter Reay: Alabama 2013
Mike Conway: Long Beach 2011
James Hinchcliffe: St. Petersburg 2013
James Hinchcliffe: Saõ Paulo 2013

Marco isn't as good as his teammate but he is still a very talented driver. Anybody who wins an IndyCar race is top notch.

^What he said. While I think Marco has underachieved with the equipment he has had, he still has a lot of talent, particularly on the ovals.

And awesome win for the Conman and Dale Coyne today! Glad to see a good guy like Mike picking up a win when the car had a TBA driver on Tuesday! Very Happy Nice, quiet run for Newgarden too btw. He snuck to 7th spot after starting in the back.
JMac525
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Wow, I never thought I'd say it. But, AJ Allmendinger went farther yesterday, than today!
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:52 pm

A.J. Allmendinger wrecks on the first lap...again. I feel sorry for laughing at this. Laughing

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh man, Allmendinger... Sad
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:07 pm

AJ putting the 'Ding' in Allmendinger Razz
Metro 6r4
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:09 pm

And it appears Simona has found the wall. That's two down and we've barely started.
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Jesus Christ, did everyone leave their brains back at the hotel today?!

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Okay. This race is starting to get a bit ridiculous. This isn't NASCAR, guys! Laughing

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:42 pm

wat? This race...
Lucstar88

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

gg Bourdais. Understand why Power is livid with him.

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Power throws his gloves at Bourdais. Laughing

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:50 pm

ABC burying Will Power's championship hopes. Guys, it's Race 7 of 19; still so much to run.

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:03 pm

crl wrote:ABC burying Will Power's championship hopes. Guys, it's Race 7 of 19; still so much to run.

He's gone from choking at the end of the year to choking in every single race. Frankly I'm more surprised anyone still considers him a contender. Neutral
RetrogradeRenegade
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Damn, Conway is a man on a mission this weekend. That restart was absolutely wicked.

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Again, Conway, I mean, DAYUM!

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:24 pm

The crazy racing we've been seeing is making up for the wreckfest we saw earlier. Even if Conway started last, he'd still have a shot at winning this race. He's been that good.

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:47 pm

HELL YEAH SIMON PAGENAUD!!!!

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Simon Pagenaud wins for Sam Schmidt!

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Wow. That's quite the interesting podium. Glad to see Pagenaud finally get his first win since he's been close a couple of times before. James Jakes did surprisingly well. I'd say that this race today was better than yesterday. As for next weekend, I'm really looking forward to see how the race at Texas next weekend will play out.

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:55 pm

So we have a 10 car pile up caused when Bourdais spun Will Power, Mike Conway throwing his car through the corners like it was a Tokyo Drift competition, and dat top 2. Simon Pagenaud getting his first career win, and James Jakes with a career best. And STILL no Ganassi or Penske cars in sight.

This could be the beginning of a golden era in IndyCar. The first twinbill weekend is in the books, and I gotta admit, it was pretty damn good. Some fail moments sprinkled in both races, but overall, it was very enjoyable.

Race 2 gets a 7.0/10. Average score for the weekend: 6.5/10, an above average weekend.

The next race is... oh hellbasket. It's TEXASS!! Laughing
PackerMan71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Driver of the Weekend: Who else could it be but Mr. Conway?
Reject of the Weekend: Sebastien Bourdais. No excuse for causing a 10-car pileup.

crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:00 pm

JAMES FREAKING JAKES!
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Another great race for Indycar.

Good win Simon Pagenaud! Glad to see him get his first win, Also good to see James Jakes with a nice run for once...2nd place not bad!

Good stuff.
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:08 pm

That feeling when Hinch has the most wins this season.

navycook75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:46 pm

crl wrote:Driver of the Weekend: Who else could it be but Mr. Conway?
Reject of the Weekend: AJ Allmendinger for completing 0/140 laps.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 pm

That was a great race today. There were several moments in there that were completely ridiculous (Sebastian Bourdais No ), but a great race overall. Congrats to Simon Pagenaud. An 9.0 to me for sure. On our way to Texas.

And a tie in the points? Ganassi and Penske still winless? afraid Shocked

Last edited by bigdc48 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigdc48
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm

There going to my 2nd favorite oval race of the year next! Man do I love Indycar!
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm

This week I'll be catching up on IndyCar now that school's out. Sounds like I've been missing some great action.
vbooy57
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top