Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks?

+2
Joshua Michaels
Ceej
6 posters

Go down

Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks? Empty Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks?

Post by Ceej Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Starting with the Arnold Pine Illinois Saar special at Grundy County Speedway, the ARLA Elite Series is expected to adopt a new procedure for caution periods at tracks that are under a half-mile long.

The series may abandon pacing under yellow in favor of red-flagging a race whenever a significant incident occurs, eliminating lapped cars, and continuing the race from the last scored lap before the incident, as ARLA CEO and Elite Series race director Jen Walker told the media of her desire to "give the fans as many green-flag laps as possible". This procedure is similar to the newly implemented green-white-checkered rule, which has received a positive response from fans.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks? Empty Re: Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks?

Post by Joshua Michaels Thu May 16, 2013 8:15 am

((OOC: Lemme guess, your not gonna put on cautions during Short Track racing?))
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks? Empty Re: Yellow flag procedure to change at short tracks?

Post by flyingturns89 Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 am

Joshua Michaels wrote:((OOC: Lemme guess, your not gonna put on cautions during Short Track racing?))

What I think he's saying is that when there's a wreck, he stops the race, restarts it without the lapped cars, and continues for it for the rest of the distance.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 pm

AI cars at tracks under a half-mile tend to chuck their brains into another dimension when the yellow flag comes out.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Ceej wrote:AI cars at tracks under a half-mile tend to chuck their brains into another dimension when the yellow flag comes out.

I honestly think this is a good idea, though I would be rather shocked if Team Burr and others made it through ONE wreck at those kind of tracks...
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Thu May 16, 2013 8:00 pm

I think cars 3 or less laps down should get their laps back, cars 4 or more laps down should be eliminated.

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 pm

How about Cars that don't have any damage, or have minor damage?
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Thu May 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Joshua Michaels wrote:How about Cars that don't have any damage, or have minor damage?

Scratch my idea, this is better

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Fri May 17, 2013 2:00 am

Not liking this idea, but it's your call.
Kornography
Kornography
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Personally, I would have said cars that are running and are on the lead lap or 5 or less laps down keep going, just to keep positions battles continuing on.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Sat May 18, 2013 1:43 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Personally, I would have said cars that are running and are on the lead lap or 5 or less laps down keep going, just to keep positions battles continuing on.

Best idea yet.

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down