2013 TM Lights @ Road Atlanta

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2013 TM Lights @ Road Atlanta

Post by Magus978 on Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Post-Production notes: I kept referring to Daniel Melrose as "Darren" Melrose. Sorry MRT people, i r n00b. Razz

Also, PUBLIC ACCESS QUALITY COVERAGE!!! I know, I'm fired.

Full Results
Death Threats for the Fatman's Poor Commentary Skills Razz

Last edited by Magus978 on Thu May 16, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 TM Lights @ Road Atlanta

Post by RealRacingRoots on Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 am

Spoiler:

MRT suffer Double DNF At Road Atlanta

On the heels of getting both Melrose Racing Team cars in the top 15 at the second round of the TM Lights championship at Carbondale, the team's luck comes to a shattering halt with a Double DNF within the first 3 laps at Road Atlanta. Both MRT drivers Daniel Melrose and Darren Cardel found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time during the early race chaos.

"It's the nature of the beast at a road course," said Cardel after retiring with his car receiving terminal damage after getting rear-ended by Yijay Pushanda, "starting in the midfield leaves you prone to the mess, it's a game of chance if you make it through." Daniel Melrose was unable to comment after getting blind-sided by the Alex Harrison 0 Car of Scott Washington after it spun off and back onto the track as he was getting ready for his TM Master Cup debut later in the day.

Darren Cardel, Daniel Melrose. Wizzie is the one you'll need to get on your knees and beg forgiveness to, Melrose is his. There's a little bit of noob in all of us. Razz
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:01 am

Delgado's Broadcasting Debut Receives Scathing Criticism

Tom Delgado's self-deprecation on Twitter about his broadcasting ability might as well have been the truth. His performance as lead announcer for the 2013 TM Lights event at Road Atlanta was met with scathing criticism, declaring him the "worst commentator of the century". Critics took shots at the weak production values and Delgado's seemingly obvious lack of awareness of what's going on amongst the field. They also took liberties with the fact that a lot of his lines seemed forced and that his enthusiasm was false, giving the illusion that he was only there for the payoff.

Delgado himself could not be reached for comment in response to the critics, as he left the Georgia area soon after the broadcast was over. However, an account given to us by a fan who spotted Delgado as he was leaving told us that he looked "more surly than usual". "I tried to get Tom to sign my program, but he just glared at me like he was going to kill me, then continued to walk away. I then saw him throw several papers into a nearby trash bin" The fan remarked, asking us not to reveal his name. The papers were later revealed to be Delgado's notes for the race.

OOC: After watching the video when it was uploaded, I was very unhappy with how the whole thing came out. In retrospect, this race probably should have been done by someone with a computer that doesn't totally shit the bed when one tries to make everything look better. After all, I am my own worst critic, so why not turn it into a storyline? Very Happy
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 am

Rodriguez Blows Up After Running Up Front.

Description not needed or available...
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Thu May 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Reports are coming in that Steve Holiday Jr, left the track before reporters could ask him questions about his dismal performance, his run-ins with #23 & the #14/#18. He started 3rd
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Thu May 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Durbin Finally Scores First Victory

Coming into his sophomore year in the TM Lights season, Ike Durbin had set high expectations for himself, considering he had a very successful rookie campaign. His season didn't start off well, with no top tens in the first two events, despite scoring top tens in both of his Master Cup races in 2013. Coming into Road Atlanta, a race in which he caused controversy in last year, Durbin didn't have much confidence coming in, he said to reporters. However, he dominated out of the gate. Durbin qualified on pole, and led, or should we say dominated, the race, winning by a huge margin over second, taking his first career victory in the TM Lights series.

"I can't believe this...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" Durbin said, nearly in tears. "I thought for sure I was gonna wreck it in the last few laps. I was trying so hard to control myself but my crew chief was probably the biggest help. He was calm and collected and just telling me to keep it calm and don't overdrive it. Man, I can't believe this. This High Voltage Guitars car was awesome all weekend, the crew couldn't have given me a better car."
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rodriguez on Road Atlanta

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Fri May 17, 2013 2:06 am

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck it seems. We had a great car today and I had a podium run going. At least we finally showed some muscle and promise. Hopefully we'll get a better run next round." -Jinx Rodriguez
JINXaPHRENIC
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Mon May 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Disregard...

Last edited by Lucstar88 on Wed May 22, 2013 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Mon May 20, 2013 6:23 pm

^According to TMPedia, Piqua occurred over a month before the tornadoes.
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:^According to TMPedia, Piqua occurred over a month before the tornadoes.

Where's the facepalm button, oh wait... let's just say it was another storm that happend around that time... Idea
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:^According to TMPedia, Piqua occurred over a month before the tornadoes.

Where's the facepalm button, oh wait... let's just say it was another storm that happend around that time... Idea
Canon time =/= real life time.
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top