- Brinson "ashamed" over lap 7 accident
After a late race incident last week in California, Matt Brinson and the Pharb Hangover Relief team were looking forward to rebounding at Carbondale. Yet despite topping the time tables in Practice, the #25 would once again become a victim of the carnage. This time however, the owner/driver was quick to take blame
"We had an excellent car" say Brinson. "It was a shame I threw it all away early".
In what the owner/driver calls "a total gaffe", Brinson wound up plowing into Kosta Theodorakos on lap 7 in what looked to be a very avoidable collision. The resulting damage to the front end would put the Tremwell one of the first behind the wall in a caution filled race.
"I simply fucked up. There's nothing else to it. I'm usually not in the position where I'm the total dumbass but that's what I was here. I owe my guys a huge apology as they gave me a very good car to work with, but I also owe Theodorakos one for ruining his race. I'm quite ashamed of myself really because it was such a stupid mistake on my part and I'm not that kind of driver whatsoever. Hopefully we can put this behind us and move on at Road Atlanta. There is no excuse not to come out of there with a top 5 with the experience we have at the facility."
- Posts : 844
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Norfolk, VA
- Darren Cardel: After starting on the back row of the grid, I couldn't have asked for a better race. It was a gutsy call to stay out after Jaeger punted me, but it was what we needed. My second ever oval race, that was. Can't be happier going into what I'm great at, the road courses.
- Race Winner
- Posts : 312
Join date : 2013-03-31
Age : 23
Location : Canuckistan
- Steve Holiday Jr : We got the pole, lead laps, but we pitted & lost a lap, we couldn't recover & got in a pile up. 19th isn't what we hope for the #88, Taylor Candy, Bolden. Gotta thank Ernest (Team Owner) for a awesome car, but luck wasn't there. On to Road Atlanta
- We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
- Posts : 2667
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 21
Location : Canada
- Daniel Melrose: Today was a fantastic day for the team as my car was working superbly and we were in contention for victory early on. However, we got involved in an accident which gave us some minor damage, and we ended up falling behind the top 10 by race end. It says a lot about our speed this year when we can be disappointed with a final result like that, but I guess that's racing for you. Darren meanwhile got involved in an incident early on, and we made a brave call to leave him out on his suggestion, which ended up saving his afternoon and a points result for him is a just reward for his efforts after qualifying so far down the order. We're now looking forward to Road Atlanta next time out and with our combined Road Course experience, we're hoping to put in a strong showing to prove to the rest of the field that we are capable of running with the best of them at all types of tracks.
- Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-04-09
Age : 21
Location : The edge of the hole that is Penrith, Australia
- Han Yong-Sung: I am very proud to finish 7th after starting that far down, for me that was a stronger drive than my first race. Brilliant work by the team to make the car as good as it is.
- Development Driver
- Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-04-09
Age : 18
Location : North West England
- Friedrich Jaeger: We were just trying to stay out of trouble here, I know Carbondale can be a bit of a crazy place, but unfortunately we were unable to stay out of trouble forever. First of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry to Darren for spinning him, I thought I could sneak up alongside him, but obviously he wasn't expecting that, but thankfully it didn't ruin his race. Then there was the crash that put us out, I made the decision to go low to avoid the crashed car but that was the wrong one to make, and unfortunately my team now has work on the car again.
Still, I'm looking forward to Road Atlanta. I'm racing for the Independent's Trophy in the TMMC race there, so the extra track time should help a bit. And of course, having done nearly all my career in Europe, I'm pretty confident about my chances on road courses, so hopefully we can make up for not doing well in these first two races.
- Posts : 715
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 24
Location : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"I had a long tough race and was moving up with great help from my pit crew we made it somewhere into the top ten at one point but then my Spotter called out that a car was still inside a little late which startled me going into the turn and collected another car. After watching the replay, I was clear of the inside car and had nothing to worry about. I guess we were both just a bit anxious about getting a good finish. After I hit the wall, I let my emotions get to me and just tried to get down to the inside without being clear collecting another car. I'm very sorry for both innocent cars collected by the mistake the spotter and I made causing us to lose a good run. I'm going to have a talk with ot spotter and get some things straightened out for communication and then we'll see you all at Road Atlanta." -Jinx Rodriguez
- Race Winner
- Posts : 162
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 30
Location : Pompano Beach, FL
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum