Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 2: Norisring

+4
Sparkz47
day500champ1
f1fan12
Ben Atkins
8 posters

Go down

Race 2: Norisring Empty Race 2: Norisring

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:51 am

Race 1 Results
Race 2 Results
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ben Atkins on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Race 2: Norisring Empty Re: Race 2: Norisring

Post by f1fan12 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Spoiler:
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:11 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Spoiler:

(OOC: I'm really sorry about the plain white car. I literally sat there for like an hour thinking of how to paint the car and I couldn't get any ideas. I got rid of the painter's block though, so I have an idea now.)

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Spoiler:
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
Spoiler:

(OOC: I'm really sorry about the plain white car. I literally sat there for like an hour thinking of how to paint the car and I couldn't get any ideas. I got rid of the painter's block though, so I have an idea now.)

It's all good! Very Happy
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Spoiler:
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Yannick Dubois had little to say after his not so fun race, but what he did say had him lashing out at the track and drivers.

"I was the victim of people forgetting they weren't racing open wheelers anymore. Simply put people forgot that they were in stock cars and used open-wheel braking points
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Matt Tremblay celebrates first career Dash Cup win

Matt Tremblay was all smiles after winning race one at Norisring. "My pops told me to give them hell, and that I did! Gotta thank my crew, my family, and HSBC for coming on board the team this season!"
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 pm

(OOC: Thought I already wrote something up for this...)

O'Reilly Ends Norisring GP on His Lid

After starting 3rd for race 1 of the 2013 Norisgring GP, Andrew O'Reilly looked to really capitalize on his dreadful start to the 2013 Dash Cup Series season. Knowing he has been in a whole for weeks after getting into a smash-up at the Eurospeedway, O'Reilly was bent on getting into the lead as quick as possible.

Having the inside line on the second row for the start of the race, he looked to quickly get around pole sitter Jess Zander into the second turn hairpin and pull away to his second career Dash Cup Series victory. However, O'Reilly cooked his tires on a brake lock-up and was also bumped around getting into the hairpin. Clipping the curb, he got a terrible exit off of the corner and quickly fell back to the bottom-half of the top-10. A considerable pile-up also ensued behind O'Reilly.

"I went all-out into the hairpin knowing I could get some fresh air and drive away, since our tyre wear was pretty dreadful all weekend. But I locked-up the car and flat-spotted my tyres and it was all downhill from there. Clipping the curb and getting into the side of another car also hurt my exit and it was terrible trying to get back through the field," said O'Reilly when asked about his ambitious first lap move.

But the story didn't end there. Later on, coming into the final corner of the Norisring track, Jack Fischer in his #4 Lycoia suddenly slowed. In the mess that ensued behind Fischer, Sara Crims got into O'Reilly while trying to avoid both Fischer and Kellan Rogers, who had also slowed down trying to sort out the situation. O'Reilly clipped the inside guardrail and skated back across the track on his driver's side. The car came back on all-fours briefly before hitting the end of the pit wall, sending his car in the air and over. While spinning like a top at the entrance to pit road, Robert Dorian hit O'Reilly, sending him into another set of violent spins while on his roof. Also involved was the #31 of Patrick Eichholtz. O'Reilly would climb out from underneath his destroyed STS with a little help from track marshals, and was checked and released by medical staff without any injuries.

"First off, hats off to Dash Cup and the track marshals here for making the racing safe out here. Also, thanks to fans for their support after that wild ride. I guess [Sarah] Crims didn't know I was there, and bashed right into me, and the rest was history, really. Dunno if she could have used her brakes or not, but whatever. Glad to be so lucky to climb out of that car, especially after Robert [Dorian] hit me. That was probably the scariest ride I've ever had. Just wish that some people would be a bit more aware of where others are. I know it wasn't her fault, but that kind of goes out to everyone out there," said Andrew while sitting on his moped after both races had concluded. O'Reilly was probably referring to the instance of lap cars impeding the battle for the lead in race 2 later on in the day. O'Reilly finished 24th.

With 2 straight DNF's in a row, O'Reilly sits near the bottom of the points tally for the moment in 61st place with no points scored, with a lot of ground to make up, as the Dash Cup parade now heads on out to Vnukovo International Airport in Russia for round 3 of the 2013 Dash Cup Series campaign.

Last edited by Chives2112 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:17 am

Points and Results up.

Ignore how it says Elizabeth Francisco and Miko Rantanen got poles. In qualifying, Miller and Zander got the poles, but the polesitter was on the outside, so using savegame editor, I gave them the inside, and went into score 4 and gave them the 5 bonus points and took them off Francisco and Rantanen.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 am

Spoiler:
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down