Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone?

+33
BooyakaDragon
JINXaPHRENIC
Veni Vidi Voeckler
bsoyuz
Backmarker
Tigerman
Joshua Michaels
Cynon
crl
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Alpineopossum
Kornography
SpeedDemon37
RyanB06
Sparkz47
day500champ1
navycook75
Magus978
Mother of Invention
Milan655
RocketKnight
Nascar9fan
f1fan12
Vincent Giacalone
Mr.Mech
Cardinals5
flyingturns89
gwoodard41
Rykia
BigDaddy24
Ben Atkins
RaceCamera
JMac525
37 posters

Go down

What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone? Empty What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone?

Post by JMac525 Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 pm

As the topic asks, what real life drivers or other people did you base your driver's names, persona, or other features after? I've been curious for a while if other people did this like I do with mine.

For Thomas (Tom) Moore, I based him off a friend of mine named Tim Moore who is pretty relaxed, loves 90's rock like myself and plays guitar in a band, and does not involve himself in much drama off the track. When Moore gets angry on rare occasion, I base him off his favorite NASCAR driver, Clint Bowyer.

For Makoto Yamada, I based his country of origin and other traits (including quiet nature) off of former Indycar driver Hideki Mutoh. Oddly enough, Yamada's ran a lot like him the past year in a half by either getting a bunch of quiet 8th or 9th place finishes or crashing halfway through the race. (underachieving)

I based Meghan Gallagher off a good friend who is really proud of her Irish background. (different last name though) Sara Gallagher, I based off of her older sister, who is much less outgoing.

The team Big Mac Racing's owner, Thomas Mac, is based off of my own father. His son who runs in the NRC, Jacob, is the one I base off my own name, predictably.

So, how about all of you?

JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone? Empty Re: What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone?

Post by RaceCamera Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:45 pm

My real name is Mason Rosseisen, but I perfer using Mason Yokoyama in my Nascar games.
RaceCamera
RaceCamera
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone? Empty Re: What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone?

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 pm

I actually tend to steal names from friends or in books or other media, usually warp the name a little then kind of make up the character as I go along, since I lack creativity, to be honest. I don't actually base characters on the people I steal names from, though. There are a few exceptions though.

My namesake is a given, but there are things about his personality that differ to mine at times.

Verity Logan is based off someone who is use to be one of my good friends, but then she turned into, well, a total bitch. However, I did a reversal of personality for Logan, as she went from horrible to nice while it was vice versa for my friend. I also stole the first name from the play "Find Me."

Bradley and Sarah Carlisle's last name are stolen from the play "Punk Rock." I'd use the name of the character I played in the production I did for a practical exam, but I don't think the name "Chadwick" could be said with a straight face. Laughing

Georgia Farr (FARCE character) came because I wanted a character with a funny twitter handle, and I thought of a play on word with the state/name "Georgia" and the last name "Farr", making "GeorgiaisntthatFarr."

William Atkins is based off a mixture of family members. I stole my cousins first name for that name too.

If I remember more, I'll post them.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddy24 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Well my namesake character, Gregory Alexander, has anger issues just like me, though his are more greatly exaggerated than what mine's really are. Also, I'm a nice guy, while the character is kind of an ass.

Also, one of my future drivers for next year, Norton Charles, is a pretty much a parody off of all the outrageous claims of the cool things Chuck Norris has did in his life.
BigDaddy24
BigDaddy24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I didnt really base Ike Durbin off of anyone in specific, but his early life is similar to Jeff Gordon's, where he was born in California and raised in Indiana. I did not do this to make him a Gordon knock off, though. When I brought his character into Canon, I had him born in Cali, then as he quickly became my main character I figured I should have his home be around where I live now. Most of his reactions are based off how I think I would react in that situation. I got the name Ike from Fire Emblem and honestly don't remember why I chose the last name Durbin. It wasn't from Tony Durbin, though.

Mac Rhylen was originally a serious character and for a while was the only driver I would have success with. In Landon's old league, Rhylen was always competitive and won the first race held, and he also won a race in Dash Cup before it was canonized. After I moved him to ARLA, I made him a bit of a childish character, as he seemed to like to crash a lot and then complain about it. I got tired of him and was originally going to have him leave racing after his father died (the California race where Kellan Rogers subbed for him), but Ceej talked me out of it and I put him on the bus at seasons end. I derived the name from Mac, my favorite character in the SSX game series, and completely made up the name Rhylen.

Rallen Hayden is supposed to be the guy who just whines when his car sucks. I think I got Rallen from an old manga (though I don't remember), and took the last name Hayden from one of my sister's old boyfriends or something.

Sean Suzuka and SuzukaCorp. were originally going to be my main character and team, but didn't do that since I didn't see anywhere I thought Sean would fit well.

Chaud Roddick was created to be a road ringer who has a fiery attitude when pissed off (hence the name). The name Chaud was taken from a manga which I don't remember the name of, and Roddick was taken from my favorite tennis player, Andy Roddick. When I created Chaud, I didn't know the name meant "hot." I was going to develop his character more this season, but with his injury in the FO World Championship, I haven't decided what to do with him.

Name origins from my other drivers:
Mattias McMair - Was trying to think of a name that had a ring to it. Came up with this.
Christian McMillan - Morphed two friends' names together, changed the last name's spelling to match a character from my favorite book series.
Ryo Akuzaru - Ryo is the name of the illustrator that did the Megaman Battle Network comics. I made Akuzaru up, but it is based off of a specific name. Cookies to anyone who can guess it.
Tom Brayton - His last name is my cousins first name, based off of the fact that my cousin is a massive troll, I put him in a trash car.
Liman Mills - Another one of my cousins drivers, made the name up from the fact he used to use Liman as his username for everything.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Greg Woodard: My namesake; However, he is what I could be like if I had any talent or went into professional motorsports. Pretty much pre-Indianapolis 2011 history is historically correct. The rest is fantasy. (Is this the real life...) Personality is realistic for myself... However, it will get more temperamental and snarkier for a season or two. Ironically, it seems that art is imitating life and my driver suffers a bit of bad luck here and there.

Tim Woodard: My namesake's brother, matching almost all traits of his. I tend to however, blow it out of proportion here.

Sarah Xavier: Based off of a girl I was really close with in the Air Force. She has sense has gotten engaged and I've fallen out of contact with her :/ I've officially shipped her off on a bus. Her real name is not able to be released due to her request.

Megan Driver: My cousin's namesake. However in canon she's a year (or two) older than she is in real life (kind of had to do it to get her into ARLA, which she found really fun to watch when I showed her a race last year).

Michael Dougly: A fictional driver I made when I first started in offline leagues on nationstates (specifically when Whitt ran the NSSCRA). I first did it as a parody of my uncle but I made him a lot younger and african-american/british

Ashley Ambercroft: Fictional Driver who has nothing based on. I made her for Dash Cup and she's found success there.

Jack Dempsey: Based off of Steve Irwin. However some personality traits are completely opposite and the driver was formed for the TM Lights but after the format changed, I had to put him elsewhere.

Barry Spengler: This guy is a parody of my uncle (Megan's Dad), personality natch. He's a huge fan of Chevrolet and hates Ford with a passion. He's a little younger than my uncle though. In canon they aren't related in any form.

Kelly Splison: A namesake (albeit a fake name) of another girl I was good friends with in the Air Force. She recently got married (on the 9th!). She and I are on good terms and still talk frequently. For likes and dislikes, most are made up however.

Daniel Foray: A Canadian who is a bit of a troll... basically a Dan Mackay Light. He's currently lacks a good background. I originally created him for a one off attempt in 2011 but stuck him in the RROL this year.

Sakura Motoko: Japanese driver that I didn't really base off of anyone. Made her for the TM Lights and failed to really develop her personality. As Cynon puts it: Zzzzzzz................. Laughing She's currently in Formula Overdeath doing somewhat okay.

Michelle Dubout: French driver I made for a Teammate for Ashley Ambercroft. She's a part time driver in the Dash cup this year. Nothing was used to really base off of.

Zeus Godson: A British driver with a bit of a god complex (originally was going to be Greek) that I made as a potential one off Mini-Indy driver last year. However, he's found a home in Formula Overdeath and isn't doing well... not at all...

Alexander Villinov: My Russian driver... I mean, who doesn't want to own one? Teammate formed for Formula Overdeath. Other than that nothing really to bite at.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Chuck Bloomers was based off of my paternal grandfather. I made his hometown Hickory, NC, where my grandfather lived for quite a few years, and made a very large family for Bloomers because my grandfather had a dozen siblings.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:22 am

Joe Olenick: my namesake. Pretty much all me, except a little more...outgoing, I guess. I do really hate being interviewed and all of that.

Jess Zander: my actual girlfriend. Basing a lot off of her real personality.

Iacopo Benedetti: Haven't developed him much here, but the personality I have in mind for him is a lot like Fernando Alonso: basically he's witty but a bit of a dick.

Sebastien Dubois: Kind of a cross between Gilles Villenueve and Alain Prost, in my eyes.

Billy Heffernan: Based off a kid who I used to babysit, but a bit less crazy (like not holding me at knifepoint!)

Ross Nolan: Based off a friend of mine, but not much time to incorporate him yet.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Mech Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:35 am

All of my drivers are my schizophernic personalities. Kiara is one of the voices, I just felt like making her mute because why not?
Mr.Mech
Mr.Mech

http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 am

Jefali Animiha and Chip Stefano both stemmed from characters I had come up with in previous creative endeavors.

Scott Whullen's name is a portmanteau of those of two guys I used to go to school with, despite the actual character not having much of their personalities.

Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:44 am

I got the idea of Vijay Pushanda from Apu from the Simpsons. I through a little bit of myself in his personality. There's a bit of Tony Stewart/AJ Foyt in his personality.

His driving abilities I think resemble Giancarlo Fishichella's, (I probably spelled that wrong) in which he is decent when he's in a crappy car, or when he has absolutely no pressure on him.

Sulinder Pushanda has turned into my Esteban Tuero, mixed with that Pakistani Nationwide driver who lasted about a week.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:04 am

Troy Adams is based off my father. I wanted to make a character with a name around my family, so I just added an S to my Dad's middle name, & used it as a full name.

Jim Jones has no real connection to anything. I was looking up some bogan names & just mixed & matched.

Josh Marshall (PCC) is my namesake character, with a changed last name.

Louis Jones (PCC) was made up by one of my friends, so I just used it.

John Bracchi (PCC) is an Italian name I made up because I got taught Italian in Yr8, & I was thinking about making a driver that wasn't Australian.

Michael Grant (PCC) is just a mix of 2 of my friend's names rolled into one

John Wargle is a fake name my uncle used for years, until his friends were getting confused by it over Facebook, which is when he stopped using it

Last edited by Nascar9fan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am

Bill Calhoun is a fictional driver based off of one of the fictional drivers from one of the EA Nascar games. can't renember which though.

Scott Bell is a fictional driver who has no real connection to anything. I plan to have him arguing with Lewis Duran over Twitter.

Lewis Duran is a fictional driver based off of one of the A.I. drivers on Flatout Ultimate Carnage. his Twitter name (LewisSparx) is a reference to a character from the Spyro games. (which is one of my favorite game series) oh yeah, argues with Scott Bell over Twitter.
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:39 am

^Bill Calhoun was from NASCAR '07 I believe.

Alessandro Rossini is centrally based on myself. Personal life and personalities are all true to real life (spare the fact my girlfriend is not a model Wink )

Alessio Fabiani is also based around me. First name derives from an abbreviation of my name, while I'm not sure where Fabiani came from.

Giuseppe Marchetti is generally made as a mockery of the stereotypical Italian arrogant 'womaniser'. Also is slightly based around my older brother of the same first name.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Alexis Farr -Not really based off of anyone, though the name did come from Alexis Rainsford. One of her only real defining trait is that she's kind of a Pay driver, but mostly drives for her Dad's team. Also her other defining trait is, since her Dad owns some Nemoto Dealerships, she almost exclusively races Nemoto. In fact the SAAR she's driving in NRC has Nemoto, Head/Taillights and a Nemoto under the hood Razz

Trisha Yeagers - Probably the most character driven of my drivers, she is an amalgamation of several tumblr friends I have. Like several of my Tumblr friends, she is super obsessed witht he webcomic 'Homestuck' and goes as far as pasting fanart of the comic on her car. She is also a snobby rich blonde girl. She is goin to be the comedic relief for the NRC.

Oh and her press releases are written in the trollish language of the 'Homestuck' comic.

Yannick DuBois No real defining charecteristics, but he is named after F1 backmarker and endurance champion 'Yannick Dalmas'. In my own personal leagues he's actually Swiss.

Ronnie Ingle Based him off of Swedish Racing Ledgend Ronnie Peterson. I named him 'Ingle' cause it sounded vaugely Swedish but now am thinking of havuing him have shortened his name from Inglesson to Ingle.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Tom Delgado = A mix of Kurt Busch and myself.
Kyle Gaffigan = No real inspiration. Wanted to make him a kid stuck in an adult body Razz
Carlo De Pretto = Generic foreigner not named Kuzzie.
Marco Cardillo = See Carlo De Pretto
Bubba Barwell = Made him a stereotypical southerner. A Yokel, if you will.
A.J. Murphy (on loan from BurningThunder) = A bit on the rough side, holds a grudge, but generally a nice guy. Razz

Last edited by Magus978 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 am

Daniel Leckliter = my namesake, pretty much most of the stuff I post is myself in general.

Robert Leckliter = I wanted to give myself a sibling that was like a second fiddle to myself, I then later decided to make him a bit like the Scout from Team Fortress 2.

Miranda Leckliter = like Robert above, but I gave her more of a southern feel.

Scott Morales = had no idea on what I wanted to do with him until he ded.

Andrea Kinasa = she is an otaku and a somewhat irresponsible mother.

Daniel Leckliter = My namesake, pretty much most of the stuff I post is myself in general.

will post later...maybe...
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:48 am

Ryan Griffin- Namesake. Only difference being the driving talent and the music talent. I've never played a single instrument in my life. Unless Mayonnaise is an instrument.

Jim More- Kind of tried to make him a little like Kenny Bernstein. But, he's got more the personality of Richard Childress.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:11 am

No, Ryan, Mayonnaise is not an instrument.

Only two drivers in the canon for me so far:
- Willard Stanton: Sort of your stereotypical shy, British gentleman type character, usually pretty quiet in the presence of strangers. Difficult to make him angry, but if you do, you might want to take cover.
- Shane Wofford: My namesake and, basically, just me.

Horseradish is not an instrument either.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Mech Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:57 am

I guess I should actually list mine.

Nick Dawson- My namesake. Though I tried to make him a little cooler than I am.

Eric Molina- One of the voices. He's very level headed, but is basically bro of all bros.

Kiara Kilgore- Another voice, I just made her mute for storyline purposes. She's feisty, to say the least. She tends to sometimes have a short temper, depending on what it is.

I'll add the other drivers as I add them to the cannon.
Mr.Mech
Mr.Mech

http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

edited

Last edited by f1fan12 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 am

f1fan12 wrote:VJAYGLM: Very happy with Arrow Dynamic's run at Norisring!

Wrong thread, dude. Laughing
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 am

RyanB06 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:VJAYGLM: Very happy with Arrow Dynamic's run at Norisring!

Wrong thread, dude. Laughing

oops
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Vincenzo Fochesato - Namesake, but in Italian! Very Happy It is also a nickname that a lot of my friends call me. He shares my interests and background, the differences being that he is older, was born in Italy, and, well, races cars! I'm trying to make his personality based off of what others say I'm like.

Giuseppe Fochesato - My father (who is also not as old as his character) with an Italian name. He is Vincenzo's team owner in canon. I don't plan on him ever racing anything.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Craig Jonser/Crag Jaysner: Me, grew up in New Fairfield, CT like him. I could probably make it more obvious, but I'm lazy.

Morgan Hamburg: I took the name from a creative writing project I did in High School.

Phillip Borland: First name is from a friend, the second I made up cause I like that last name.

Zachary Zins: Everyone who has played Dirt to Daytona knows where I took that from! Personality is from numerous psycho conspiracy sites.

Daniel Diamond: See above. Personality based off of the Epsilon Program from GTA: San Andreas.

Any others I've made are just random

Kornography
Kornography

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Cameron Taylor is my namesake. Some of his personality traits share resemblance to Carl Edwards (the liking to hear himself speek comes from here as does the part about off track training).

Scott Washington was a completely made up name. He's not really based off of anyone persay.

Scott Jonathan was another made up name but his character was created as a combination of two friends of mine. This is where the combination of jock and rocker comes from.

Andrew Tammerzan is supposed to be a spoof of drivers that are in it for the "playboy lifestyle". He's a bit of a parody of Edfie Irvine in that regard. The crush on Sara Gallagher came from the fact that I know a Meghan Gallagher, and her younger sister fits Sara Gallagher's personality almost exactly.

Alexander Louis Sybilton III is intended as a personification of the stereotype Americans have about British people. Some of his personality traits came from Matthew from Downton Abbey.

Thomas Franklin, who was planned as an ASCC driver got his name as a combination of Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson due to the Tea Party association with the ASCC.

John Pagen came from a creative writing project in high school (like Morgan Hamburg in a previous post). Pagen was an FBI agent in a film noire-esque crime story that was made for a movie script project.

Ernst Mossbruger took some characteristics from a German engineer that worked for Porsche in the early 2000s. He was the man who my dad would get parts from at races. Overall, Mossbruger takes from a number of Germanesque character traits (such as the fact that he is a huge Kraftwerk fan).

Last edited by Alpineopossum on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Robert Nelson: Sup
Phil Nelson: Dad
Magenta Nelson-Andrew: Neice
Dylan Andew: Half-brother of neice (Not blood related, son of my sister's fiance)
Kerry Ians: My two favourite Sprintcar drivers are Kerry and Ian Madsen, so I just fused their first names together.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 am

Kraig Mummert is probably the one driver I based off of myself, except skinnier, and better with women (the character is married with kid, after all).

Jennifer Putnam (Kraig Mummert's wife, whom I've now retired [from racing, anyway], and had begin using her married name in public) is based off of a former member of the Nashville Predators Dancers, this lady who's insanely gorgeous, and very friendly.

As for the other characters I invented (Brian Morris, Lane Cranston, Shane Williams, Jacob Walls, Kristian Jeffries, Kenneth Collier), I didn't really base them on anybody; I just needed to invent some new characters, and those were the names I came up with.

I created Rob Jones, but didn't make him a total asshole until after the infamous pre-qualifying race incident with Jeffries at Decatur in 2009.

As for Jon Halks, when I created the CRL on the old forum, someone entered him as a driver, then fired him when he didn't perform. I thought the Halks character had potential (young and new to racing), so I picked him up. Smart decision, he got his first CRL win that season, then won twice the next season, and finished second in points!

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Bumping the thread for a new character.

The driver that I'm entering in the ATATS Lime Rock race (Aubrie Wood) is based off of a very close friend of mine. (Aubrie was supposed to be her real name, but it was pretty much changed at the last second, and the last name is fictitious.). I met her at church camp several years ago, and we've been friends ever since. She has no real interest in racing, however, but loves pretty much every other sport imaginable. (She plays softball, basketball, and cheer, and would probably do 3 or 4 others if it were possible!) Personality and likes/dislikes will resemble her as well.
I also made her Irish, for she is very proud of her Irish heritage!

If I need a new character in the future for whatever reason, he/she will probably not be modeled after anyone else that I personally know.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 pm

A couple updates on my drivers.

I couldn't remember where I got Rallen Hayden's first name from, just remembered it was from Spectrobes, a DS game I played way back when.

The name Chaud came from Megaman Battle Network, I couldn't remember that because I was thinking of a completely different name Laughing

Kale Goins, a character I have inserted into NRC, has somewhat of an interesting background as far as where I got his name from. His first name, Kale, comes from an old internet friend of mine. Kale was his alias, much like how Ike is mine. I lost contact with him a few years back and decided to create a character from him. His last name was taken from a girl who I used to have a crush on.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceCamera Wed May 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Here's my characters:

Mason Yokoyama-my namesake, my real name is Mason Rosseisen, though.

Dave Wilson-nobody, really

Dana Vanders: Her appearance is kind of similar to one of my friends on Facebook and in school.

Masaharu Yokoyama: Based on my dad Mark Rosseisen , except My dad is 51, while Masaharu is 61.

Bob Neville, and Art Johnson-No one.

RaceCamera
RaceCamera

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat May 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Chris Davenport: A friend of mine's boyfriend mixed with Jeffree Star.
Tony Durbin: Tony Stewart
Divina Henton: Katherine Legge
Luciano Soveral: Helio Castroneves

That's really about it. Yep.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Sat May 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Joshua Michaels: ORIGINALLLITYYY!!

Rei Michaels: "Rei" is from High School of the Dead (teh anime/manga :3)
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Sat May 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Jeff Bolton: me
Cody Leonard and Tommy Roberts: not based off of anybody, they are just names I just came up with.
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 am

Thought it would be interesting to revive this thread.

Richard Scott is based loosely off myself, namely in appearance and some personality aspects. The name came from The Office and another TV show that I can't remember anymore.

Aaron Singer is a composite character of various pay drivers, particularly John Wes Townley, Michael Annett and Brendan Gaughan. His personality is mostly based on Steve Wallace with sterotypical "rich kid" traits.

Neil Miller, of course, is a "90s kid" of the type typically found on social media.

Stanley Parsons and his team  and paint scheme are a homage to The Stanley Parable.

Jeff Wilkens, Joe Hatcher, WilsonTech, and some of their sponsors are from a comic strip I briefly drew several years ago.

Kosta Theodorakos takes his first name and nationality from my uncle.

Thomas Dietrich was created when I was still taking German classes and hoping to go on an exchange trip to Nurenburg, which I made his hometown. His last name comes from a family friend.

Peter van der Schmidt was inspired by my Dutch heritage.

Seth, Jacob, and Aric Wesley take their first names from online acquaintances whom I eventually had sour opinions on.

Robert Prescott came about from a website that F1 Rejects discovered run by a man named Don Pentecost who claimed to be seeking investors to start an American F1 team that he would drive for. Other aspects taken from Pentecost: Arizona residency, multiple Twitter accounts, creation of a "clean energy innovation", outspoken Christianity and patriotism... He's really pretty much Pentecost with a different name. http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5028

Last edited by NeverNeutral on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:47 am

changed their personalities so much I need a new post

Last edited by bsoyuz on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:57 pm

All 3 drivers that I entered in Dash Cup and ELMC are fusions of Australian cricket players.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 pm

- Joshua Pacer is based off of a personal lifelong friend of mine. He has a mild interest in racing.

- Christopher Mertin is loosely based off of an exchange student from Germany who currently lives with our family friends, and the owner of Tiefenbach racing is based off of a former student teacher from my school district, who is also German.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Veni Vidi Voeckler Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Benoît Voeckler (TMMC)

THE NAME
Benoît Cauet - Ex-footballer, FC Internazionale Milano
Thomas Voeckler - Professional cyclist

THE CHARACTER
The background is similar to many F1 drivers of the 50s - young, rich and from a family of aristocrats. Toulo de Graffenried, Wolfgang von Trips, B. Bira, et al...but with a bit of modern Trust Fund kid attitude thrown in. A third generation family racer (his uncle, Voeckler Engineering team owner Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler, is essentially the 'Alain Prost' of F1 Rejects' canon).
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Veni Vidi Voeckler
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Vinny LeBoeuf: Named after a Youtuber named "Vintage Beef" (Vintage = Vinny/Beef = LeBoeuf)

Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Vintage Beef is one of the worst drivers in video games I've ever seen... I have him on my FL and he's worse than my weakest teammate...
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:34 pm

I'll update this with some of my newer entries.

Wayne Newman is based on the character "Newman" from Seinfeld, played by Wayne Knight. Newman's job in Seinfeld was a mail carrier, so Wayne Newman is always sponsored by the US Postal Service as well as a number of other Seinfeld inspired companies (Jackie Chiles' law office for instance).

Manfred Honecker's last name came from Erich Honecker, the long time President/Dictator of East Germany (this is where the history/polisci major kicks in). He wasn't nearly as brutal as some other Eastern Bloc leaders but was regarded as rather dull and bureaucratic. Manfred Honecker's sponsor, "Erich's Lamp Shop" is a nickname of the East German Parliament building in Berlin, and its twin in Dresden, which were remodled while Honecker was running the country with an outrageous amount of round lights.
What real driver or person did you base your drivers off if anyone? ErichsLampShop3
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Jay Rivers: I always liked the name "Jay" and his personality is basically similar to Bubba Wallace Jr.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Tero Palmri: I wanted a Finnish driver who didn't have a last name ending in "ken" so I decided to name him after Tero Palmroth a Champ Car driver from the late 80s / early 90s.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Rick Forest is a driver i though up a few years ago, with me developing it overtime. I wanted him to a short track racer for a character, and decided that Rick would be a driver who started from nothing, and with relatively low end equipment he still wins races.

Ryan Forest came up with recently, originally he was suppose to be a disposable joke character that was to eventually die in a testing incident, driving a new prototype race car. So I had him be a driver that has been racing for years, yet cant go a weekend without crashing his car spectacularly. But I have decided to let him live, and act as a thorn in Rick Forest's side.(Rick blames Ryan as the reason the team cant afford better equipment/drivers, which would allow them to move up you the big times)
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by V8fan12 Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Most of my drivers are just randomly generated names, however there are a few major exceptions (names slightly changed of course):
Bria Reid - a close friend
Siobhan McLean - friend of Bria
Lauryn Roos - ditto
Chene Roos - friend of Lauryn
Daynella Jacobson - a combination of two girls that I know
Molly Floyd - girl I know
Abe Sanders - cousin

And then there are a few drivers with personalities that I created along with the name:
Amberly Weiss - girly-girl (hence the pink ponytail)
Scotty Redden - rebellious teenager, aggressive on track (his aggression rating was increased by the max allowed)

Emma Mackintosh was created as a niece to team owner Steven Mackintosh, who I carried over from GPRejects.

Hope Pennington is somewhat a play on words of "hoping".

The O'Rodagh sisters were created stereotypical Irish - from the names (Rebecca Sinead and Sara Niamh) to their appearances (ginger and redhead).

V8fan12
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:01 pm

My namesake is kinda meant to be the guy that you don't really hear a lot from during the middle portion of a race, but by the end he's in a good position. Soft spoken too, likes to think things out. Kind of like a Rick Mears type, although NOWHERE near as good as Mears was. Laughing

I decided against expanding my dad's namesake more in the canon, but with his background in V8 Champ Car, I sort of modeled him as "Jimmy Vasser minus the championship".

Tommi Arjanien is the total opposite of the Finnish driver stereotype. He's a loudmouth, terrible, and totally insufferable.

Natalie Balandier and Sarah Wexler from Formula Overdrive/WCC are pretty much based off friends from high school.

Chris Henke is a short-tracker who grew up in Tennessee, I'd say more like Sterling Marlin than Darrell Waltrip.

A lot of the characters in WCC came from a name generator and I worked my way through giving some of the front-running characters more of a background.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:08 pm

Tony Long is me, which is a combination of Max Verstappen's balls when passing and Mike Wallace's superspeedway talent

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down